Firewind  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Firewind
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 11th, 2008, 07:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kirst-ehhh
Epic Kirsty

Wicked Bad News

Everything is going wrong. Antwerp was so amazing. Actually I'll tell you about it since I'm here.

Got booked into a mega lush hotel. It was so nice!!!! Anyway, got washed and went on my way to the venue. I saw Bob outside. He was on the phone so I didn't wanna bother him!!! But he shouted my name and waved (they're stalking ME)!!!

Waited in line, got in, pretty much front row. Forever Slave blah blah.

Firewind: AWESOME. Just too good.

Kamelot: pretentious bastards with their fire show and WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much smoke from the machine. Made me feel sick so I went to the back...where I met Forever Slave. Talked to them a bit. Well the girl at least!!!

After Kamelots set I went to get some water and Mark saw me and called me over. Had a wee chat. GLASGOW IN SEPTEMBEEEEEEER!!! He said he couldnt promise but he'd try cos last time they had an awesome time there.

Saw Gus quickly then finally got my water. Went outside to get food and Bob saw me and ran over. He stood and talked to me outside for like 10 mins. We talked about how he is OBV the coolest member of Firewind.

Some little guy asked him 'do you think Kamelot will come out'

His reply was 'when you are standing here tomorrow in the freezing cold asking 'where are my favourite band' then you will answer your question' <3

We went inside after that and had more banter. Apparently I look 16. GO ME!!!!

Oh and there was much slagging of my accent by Bob and Gus I asked how I could sound more European and he said I should speak in a Russian accent....WTF.

He said my accent was like that film 'Trainspotting'. NOT AMUSED!!!

I had to go back to my hotel but I'd missed the last bus/tram. So I was like 'I'll walk'. So I got like 10 mins into walking I was like screw this...and I stole a bike. This is where my bad karma started.

I lost the setlist I got that night. GUTTED. I left my hotel and went to the bus station. Got on the bus.

8 miles outside Antwerp my bus crashed into a car. The car went a good 30 feet and when I put my hand out to stop myself flying over the seat I hurt it and let out a big scream. Haha. Anyway, I knew right then I'd done something bad. The ambulance came and got the guys from the car then came on the bus and took me in the ambulance. The same one as the guy from the car. His face was all smashed up and I think I went into shock.

I started shaking and crying and I just felt so lost. I got to the hospital and everyone was really nice. I got my hand examined and an Xray where I was told I'd torn two ligaments and fractured a bone in my hand. They asked me about medical insurance and I was like 'I have NO idea'.

They wanted to put a plaster on my arm but because I still have travelling to do, I didn't know about my insurance and partly because of Katie's horror story I decided against and they put a bandage thing on and gave me UBER painkillers. I've got my Xrays and I've to get it plastered when I get home. Good times.

ANyway; my bus had left. So I was stranded. The hospital staff were awesome and told me where I could get another bus and called Eurolines.

So I had to get a bus back to Antwerp. A train from Antwerp Centraal to Brussels Noord and then find the Eurolines station there and get on another coach.

I have never been so edgy in my life. I wanted to chillax but the fear the bus might crash prevented any chance of sleep or relaxation. FINALLY I got to Paris. About 8 hours later than expected!!!! I just wanted sleep so I booked into a hotel.

Got up this morning. No hot water. I'm so fucking PISSED. I don't know whether to go to the gig or not incase the roof caves in or something.

The last 24 hours have been an actual living nightmare. Just had to get all that wee rant out before I explode with all these fucking Frenchies around me!!!

xx Kirsty
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 11th, 2008, 07:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Katie'Force
Kables

geez that sucks to have such an awesome time then all that crap. as for the hand OUCH!!!!! haha although now i feel guilty that my horrific experience with plaster casts scared you from getting one. make sure you get it sorted as soon as you get back ok? and sue the fuck out of that bus driver!!!!!! seriously, compensation girl!

t'Lion t'Witch an t'Wardrobe

Shoulders of the wasteland

What's worse than the truth? LIES!!!!

ORANGE!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 11th, 2008, 07:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
ch0pzta
Master Of Puppets

Fark.

Thats some pretty bad shit.

Whenever times get tough mate just think of how much us forumers love you
Old April 11th, 2008, 07:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Katie'Force
Kables

haha ask gus to kiss it better

ORANGE!!!
Old April 11th, 2008, 07:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
forgottenglory
Earth. Soul. Rock n' Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirst-ehhh View Post
Kamelot: pretentious bastards

Quote:
Some little guy asked him 'do you think Kamelot will come out'

His reply was 'when you are standing here tomorrow in the freezing cold asking 'where are my favourite band' then you will answer your question' <3
some little guy must have thought the same thing you thought of Kamelot.

Quote:
Oh and there was much slagging of my accent by Bob and Gus I asked how I could sound more European and he said I should speak in a Russian accent....WTF.
That's what happens when you get too friendly with people...they start taking 'liberties'

Quote:
I had to go back to my hotel but I'd missed the last bus/tram. So I was like 'I'll walk'. So I got like 10 mins into walking I was like screw this...and I stole a bike. This is where my bad karma started.
Really sorry to read about the rest...didn't think that the lightheartedness of the opening text would actually lead to such trauma. Hope that you are feeling better and that Alan is OK too. Hope you stay out of harm's way for the rest of the tour.

Old April 11th, 2008, 07:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Kirst-ehhh
Epic Kirsty

Jesus so do I!!!

I'd had enough today and I just cried in my hotel room and wanted to go home.

Then I thought nah. FUCK THIS SHIT. I'm enjoying my time here no matter what!!!

Trying to sort out somewhere to stay just now since I didn't get to stay at my couchsurfers house last night!!!

xx Kirsty
Old April 11th, 2008, 07:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Katie'Force
Kables

aww that sucks, but i'm sure firewind will make up for it!!!

good luck in the quest for somewhere to stay

ORANGE!!!
Old April 11th, 2008, 07:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
forgottenglory

Quote:
Then I thought nah. FUCK THIS SHIT. I'm enjoying my time here no matter what!!!
xx Kirsty
Yeah...that's it...keep up the positive attitude. It could have been worse but it isn't. So enjoy yourself and keep posting or dictate Alan to post on your behalf as you're our star reporter! :hugs:

Old April 11th, 2008, 08:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
ch0pzta
Master Of Puppets

Quote:
Jesus so do I!!!
Trying to sort out somewhere to stay just now since I didn't get to stay at my couchsurfers house last night!!!
You can stay at my house!
Old April 11th, 2008, 08:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
-SpikeMilan-
Doopdoop-rah-doopdoop

Moral of the story: don't steal Flemish bikes?

In all seriousness though, bike stealing is a popular pastime in Holland and Flemish-speaking parts, so I don't think it was bad karma... But damn, that was some crazy shit indeed. Glad to know you got into Paris in one piece (I just got your text now). So yeah, easy on your hand and such cos damn...

Oh and yeah, I didn't have a similar story during my Scandinavian crusade, but stuff did go bad. It's bound to happen unfortunately. But always focus on the good side and you'll have LOADS of fun. And great stories to tell later on. I'm expecting a big update this weekend
Old April 11th, 2008, 09:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
forgottenglory

Maybe it was bad karma after all. "Kamelot pretentious"..."Roy Khan is a penis"...my wife thinks that Roy Khan is the devil himself! Who knows...maybe he's read your posts and decided to send some evil vibes your way! I mean reading through your misadventures it felt almost like 'something' or 'someone' (spirits?) was trying to stop you getting to wherever it is you wanted to go.

Old April 11th, 2008, 09:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
forgottenglory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch0pzta View Post
You can stay at my house!
But Firewind doesn't play Australia on this tour!

Old April 11th, 2008, 11:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
LoveJanne
Firewind=danger XD

he was just being nice
Tuomas looks like a pervert (maybe this isn't the right word... blaaah fuck my english)

Old April 11th, 2008, 05:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
pro4lpha

sorry to hear about that kirstehh. get well soon!

and I like kamelot =/ not as much as firewind of course

Old April 11th, 2008, 10:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
ch0pzta
Master Of Puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottenglory View Post
But Firewind doesn't play Australia on this tour!
Just rub it in THAT bit harder.

You evil, evil man
Old April 12th, 2008, 12:19 AM   #16 (permalink)
LoveJanne
Firewind=danger XD

Tuomas looks like a pervert (maybe this isn't the right word... blaaah fuck my english)

Old April 12th, 2008, 12:24 AM   #17 (permalink)
ch0pzta
Master Of Puppets

Dont laugh!
Old April 12th, 2008, 12:26 AM   #18 (permalink)
LoveJanne
Firewind=danger XD

ok

Old April 12th, 2008, 12:30 AM   #19 (permalink)
ch0pzta
Master Of Puppets

Old April 12th, 2008, 12:38 AM   #20 (permalink)
LoveJanne
Firewind=danger XD

sorry XXDD

Old April 12th, 2008, 01:05 AM   #21 (permalink)
ch0pzta
Master Of Puppets

Old April 12th, 2008, 01:34 AM   #22 (permalink)
LoveJanne
Firewind=danger XD

Old April 15th, 2008, 08:40 AM   #23 (permalink)
Kirst-ehhh
Epic Kirsty

Well good news.

Everything has been going awesome since Paris. Like a fucking dream.

Firstly, got a place to stay, the guy was a real help, he gave me the most accurate directions to the venue, EVER.

"Take the 4th street on your left on this street and then walk past metro Anvers about 500m up and it is across the road". Perfect

Got to the venue at 7.10pm, went upstairs and Firewind JUST came on. Perfect!!!! They were amazing though the crowd wasn't up to much. After Firewinds set I stood over by the merch stand. The guys came out and I talked to them a bit and then got invited backstage. Saw Kamelot from side on at the stage for a wee bit and then went and sat backstage. The guys are awesome and offered me beer which I had to refuse since I was on painkillers. Sad Went back out and hung out with Bob for a while. Talked to a guy in the crowd who is also a big Firewind fan.

Bob came back for the last song of Kamelot. March of the Mephisto. We made much fun of Roy Khan saying "It's hot in here isn't it" when he still had his coat on!!!!! LOL. Also the keyboard player who just swings his hair about and does the same thing over and over! Bob stayed and talked to some fans for a while and I seen all the guys again then after about an hour we left the venue. Bob got some pizza which I ate some of then me and Greg (sorry, I don't know the spelling) and Damien (Damn you Damien ) went for some beers and then they went to drive home and I went back to my hotel.

The next day I was up at 11am, packed my bags and went on my way to the airport. My flight went awesome and I landed in Milan a little after 5pm. Waited ages on my bags then I was on my way. I was mega excited because I was gunna get to see my boyfriend again for the first time in like a week (which is a long time when you live together, see each other every day and haven't spent longer than 2 days apart in the last year!!!!) and see Spike again for the reunion of SAK (Spike, Alan & Kirsty). Got the bus to Milano Centrale where Alan met me. I was so happy! He looked so different! Apparently I look different aswell since I'd lost nearly a stone! Damn Europe and their crappy tap water! Anyway, we got the metro then the tram to Spikes place and we just hung out. Had some beers, went on the balcony and then up to the roof for a few beers.

On the day of the gig, we got up and went to this amazing pastry shop! OMFG. OMYFUG! AMAZING. We sat and ate cakes and watches CSI Miami! Haha. Then we had showers, got ready and went to the venue. We were on the guestlist. YUS. So we got in, and chose our place in the crowd and seen Forever Slave (SOMETHING ABOUT GASOLINE! SOMETHING ABOUT TRAGEDY!!!) and then Firewind came on.

Perfect. The gig was probably the best one I've been to this tour. The sound wasn't the best but the crowd was on FIRE! And Apollo said "We are Firewind...and we are dangerous!" again for the first time in AGES. Since Wolverhampton I think! Sake!

After the set we went to the merch stand, Spike got a shirt, then we went to the bar where Spike pointed out Apollo. I went over and tapped him on the shoulder and he was like "THERE YOU ARE!" and I was all "Yeah right, like you were looking for me" and he was like "I was! Ask Mark! Now quick, follow me!". So me, Al and Spike followed him and we went backstage. It was better than Paris. We stayed backstage for the whole of Kamelots set. LOL. Bob had a towel wrapped round his foot, he tripped over the microphone stand which I saw and ROFL'd at. Anyway, they left near the end of Kamelots set and we had a wee bit of banter with Forever Slave. Well Spike did in Spanish I'm convinced the keyboard player, Leal, is just the cutest wee thing on legs and I want to take him home! I'll keep him, and love him and feed him every day and take him for walks! *gushes* SOOOOO CUTE!

Anyway. We drank all the beer. Oops. Then we left and went to McDonalds. I SAW ROY KHAN OUTSIDE FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER! He looks like a little pig. A cute pig. And he had his glasses on. We heard him singing in the shower too apparently! LOL. And we saw him surfing the interwebs!

OH. And does anyone else think Roy Khan looks like Joey Tribianni from Friends??

Awesome. Then we went back to Spikes and to bed! Then Alan left and I'm still here at Spikes til tomorrow then I go to Athens!!! We're gunna get drunk tonight! YAAAAAAY!

Oh and my hand still hurts, but I can still type (THANK GOD ) and I've not been taking painkillers the last coupla days so I can drink beer. Bad, I know. I get a cast on when I get back to Scotland...and I'll get Firewind to sign it in Sweden!!!!! WOOT! Anyway, adios, ciao and goodbye, til next time

xx Kirsty
Old April 15th, 2008, 08:46 AM   #24 (permalink)
Katie'Force
Kables

sounds like you've had an awesome time, i'm jealous, i miss my firewind boys
remember to tell them hi from me haha

and i agree, the forever slave keyboard player was really cute.
and bless, i can't remember which one he was but the forever slave guy who asked if he could look at my firewind CD on the bus was so polite!

gah, i need an epic tour quest!!!!

ORANGE!!!
Old April 15th, 2008, 08:54 AM   #25 (permalink)
Kirst-ehhh
Epic Kirsty

For serious. You think Forever Slave would let me borrow him until Stockholm? CUTEST!

xx Kirsty