In Flames  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > In Flames
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

In Flames Non-official In Flames forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 29th, 2008, 09:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
saiysoFLAMER
Member
 
saiysoFLAMER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 66
headline tour setlist EU

so here it is
very random indeed, hard to believe though

The Chosen Pessimist (opener)
Sleepless Again
The Quiet Place
The Mirrors Truth
Disconnected
Alias
Delights and Angers
Move Through Me
System
Cloud Connected
Vanishing Light
Take This Life
Come Clarity
Crawl Through Knives
Insipid 2000
Zombie Inc
Pinball Map
Satellites and Astronauts
Trigger (closer)

and some wherw in between-medley : The Jester Race, Dead God in Me, (behind space, stand ablaze)
saiysoFLAMER is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2008, 09:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
ChuckisGod
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 50
Wow! that is not a bad set list at all, for this era of In Flames
ChuckisGod is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2008, 11:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lothlorien
Towards the Great Sky
 
Lothlorien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,864
holy cow!
__________________

My Myspace
My band- Lothlorien
Lothlorien is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2008, 07:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
DE4life
rap and hiphop guru
 
DE4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,367
am going to see them tonight, can't fucking wait.... satellites and astronauts !!
DE4life is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2008, 02:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Maxim1110
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Out of Gravity
Posts: 474
Hmm I'm just posting them in a random order, but these are the songs I think they will play, also based on my experience of their show on GMM 2008:

The Mirror's Truth
Cloud Connected
Move Through Me
Graveland
Colony
Pinball Map
Only For The Weak
Behind Space(God I hope!)
Clad In Shadows(God I hope this one as well!)
The Quiet Place
My Sweet Shadow
System
Dead God In Me(pleeassseee)
Food For The Gods
Jotun
Take This Life
Come Clarity
Delight & Angers
Alias
I'm The Highway
Disconnected
Trigger
Insipid 2000

Last edited by Maxim1110 : October 1st, 2008 at 03:08 PM.
Maxim1110 is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2008, 04:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
waif
Anoint My Phallus
 
waif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 18,130
They played Insipid? wtf?
Play fucking Embody The Invisible or something.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
Anybody who doesn't realize that Manowar is the ultimate pinnacle of heterosexuality has a fundamental misunderstanding of manhood, and possibly of metal as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMetalhead View Post
Interchangeability of thought occurs through the experience of listening thus formulating a change of discern.

A proud participant in the Tom Brady Ignore-A-Thon.
waif is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2008, 06:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
DE4life
rap and hiphop guru
 
DE4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,367
Will post a 'review' of sorts of tonight's show tomorrow. I have mixed feelings over it.
DE4life is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2008, 10:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
zerkz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreInFlames View Post
They played Insipid? wtf?
Play fucking Embody The Invisible or something.
Insipid is a good song too.
zerkz is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 06:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
DE4life
rap and hiphop guru
 
DE4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,367
Right, I am sufficiently rested now to give an account of my experience with the mighty N'Flamez

The two support bands were alright. Sonic Syndicate's look counts against them, but the stuff they play isn't bad. The problem is it all sounded the same to me. Gojira were fine for the first twenty minutes but I got bored of them soon after. Quite heavy, though, and had tons of support in the crowd.

In Flames took a while to come on because of their rather extravagant set up, which I don't think is really worth it. There's a lighted board at the back which has windows media player visualisation style graphics on it, and on the newer songs actually has the words to the song on it (not good when the song is Alias or Delight and Angers, it looks incredibly lame).

They kicked off with The Chosen Pessismist... the entire song. I think this is a mistake, it did very little and the crowd was only reacting because it was the first song. They performed most of the song behind a huge white curtain, before it fell when the guitars kicked in. They mixed the set up a fair amount from some of the stuff I've seen posted - Satellites was played early in the show, whilst the "medley" was played fairly late. I have a rant to get to in regards to that, but I'll get to that later. They played My Sweet Shadow, Colony, and Come Clarity, which I hadn't seen posted in previous setlists. There were no real surprises and no Zombie Inc, but I imagine these changes were done because it was a London show, and they tend to pull out the commercial shit for London.

The actual performance was fine. In order to hide the fact Anders vocals are pretty weak, the mic volume was turned down to drown most of the vocals in the rest of the sound. Most of the singing, except from TCP and Come Clarity was a backing track, with Anders holding the mic so far away from himself that I doubt any of his own voice was actually a part of it. It was kind of sad to see when Jesper and Bjorn and even Anders came over to the side I was at (I was at the barrier on jesper's side of the stage) that they were all surprised that I knew the lyrics to the stuff from fuckin' Colony! Guess they're used to people standing there looking confused or just headbanging because "It's In Flames!1!11" but not having a clue otherwise. They looked bored playing some of the newer songs, which is worrying, but for the older songs and the Come Clarity/Reroute stuff they seemed a lot more animated.

The fans fucking suck. Come Clarity was far and away the album most fans there knew and wanted to hear songs from. I seriously believe the majority of these awful excuses for human beings have only heard Cloud Connected, Trigger, The Quiet Place, My Sweet Shadow and the Come Clarity album. Anders was asking people to sing along to the Pinball Map chorus and it was shockingly dead, I was the only person around my area who even knew the words to the chorus, and I heard a guy behind me say "is this from The Jester Race?" ... it's pretty shocking, considering they've played Pinball Map on pretty much every tour in the past 5 years. Saying that, I imagine for most of them it was their first In Flames gig, as loads of them waited around for an encore despite the fact In Flames do not do encores and the set was already on its way to being dismantled. The songs from Colony and Clayman got very little reaction from everybody except me, and the songs from TJR.... well, they might as well have been playing hip hop. In Flames new breed of fan, as aforementioned, fucking sucks. They only have themselves to blame for catering to that market, and I'm sure they don't care as long as the money keeps coming in. The loud squeels from girls (and maybe some emo boys) when Take This Life and Come Clarity came on, in comparison to the silence for Dead God in me or Insipid 2000, was sickening.

Another thing that irked me was that In Flames did not find a single slot in their 20-song setlist for a song from Whoracle. I know the old songs do not get much of a reaction, largely because In Flames have a faggy fanbase, but would it be so difficult to include one song from an album that is arguably one of their best? When Anders rants about people needing to have The Jester Race (as he did yesterday, "if you don't have the jester race you're either deaf or dumb bla bla bla" he said the same shit last time I saw them) to be true metalheads. Why not mention Whoracle? Fuck, they don't even play Episode 666 anymore. They play nothing from Whoracle and seem to have a complete disregard for it. Well, for pretty much everything in the old catalogue. "We're going to play you a couple of songs from The Jester Race", followed by 2 mins of Dead God in Me (why choose this song??) and one minute of The Jester Race is not "playing two songs", it's showing you don't give a shit about your older material and can't even be bothered anymore to play entire TJR songs in your set, let alone Whoracle. I'm less bothered about Lunar Strain/Sub because Anders wasn't on vocals for those albums anyway, but there should be at least one if not two songs from TJR and the same for Whoracle.

Overall I did have a good time, but I came away with very mixed feelings. In Flames still perform well, and seeing Satellites and Astronauts, probably one of, if not my favourite song of all time, was something very special. However, there is a magic gone from their shows now. The combination of trendy support bands, gay emo fans, disregard for old material and acting like they are the Gods of metal (well, Anders anyhow) is a bit disjointing when one is trying to enjoy the show as an older In Flames fan. for what it's worth, I probably would go again to see them, as I do like most of their newer material and they do put on a good show, but it ain't the same.
DE4life is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 09:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
Juuel
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 2
Pretty impressive review indeed. I can completely agree with you about the fans, but I actually enjoy Sonic Syndicate, but dislike Gojira. (Tho, they will definetly sound different live, so dont know excactly where I stand.)
I'm such an emo-fanboi, that I just wont accept that Anders' voice would be totally ruined, I think he still sound awesome live. And yes, I know, I will probably get flamed for making this comment.
Dont know how it is live, but on vids of the Chosen pessimist looks awesome, and the curtain thing is really inventive. It looks like the whole place fires up when the curtain drops, the sound gets heavier and the band reveals themselves bangin' their heads like no tomorrow.
Whoracle missing is very dissapointing indeed. Episode 666 is the least the band could play.

I saw In Flames 3 times in the summer, twice in my homecountry of Finland, once in Sweden. After each gig, I was ready to die, there was nothing else to be done, that was the high-peek of my life. And every In Flames performance will be untill the end of time. No matter how commercial they go. And by the way, this was written and posted after reading 3 hours of Physics with the power of coffee alone, forgive me for any grammar mistakes and such.
Juuel is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 10:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
metalkicksass
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: the netherlands
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juuel View Post
Pretty impressive review indeed. I can completely agree with you about the fans, but I actually enjoy Sonic Syndicate, but dislike Gojira. (Tho, they will definetly sound different live, so dont know excactly where I stand.)
I'm such an emo-fanboi, that I just wont accept that Anders' voice would be totally ruined, I think he still sound awesome live. And yes, I know, I will probably get flamed for making this comment.
Dont know how it is live, but on vids of the Chosen pessimist looks awesome, and the curtain thing is really inventive. It looks like the whole place fires up when the curtain drops, the sound gets heavier and the band reveals themselves bangin' their heads like no tomorrow.
Whoracle missing is very dissapointing indeed. Episode 666 is the least the band could play.

I saw In Flames 3 times in the summer, twice in my homecountry of Finland, once in Sweden. After each gig, I was ready to die, there was nothing else to be done, that was the high-peek of my life. And every In Flames performance will be untill the end of time. No matter how commercial they go. And by the way, this was written and posted after reading 3 hours of Physics with the power of coffee alone, forgive me for any grammar mistakes and such.
Anders friden still awesome? Still? what about never? If you've looked the performances on youtube where you can In flames performing at 1997 in Germany you can hear Friden's annoying high pitched growls, which sucked hard. On 1999 In flames coud play their stuff decent i think. Friden's screams aren't my thing though.

...

I don't see the point of playing an part of an song, now i know people would say ''Be happy that they've played an part of it!'' But seriously; In flames should either play the whole damn song, or leave it out, otherwise playing parts sounds useless to me. Especially when it comes to older songs. Seems In flames has got lazy over the years.
metalkicksass is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 11:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
ChuckisGod
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 50
Why the hell would they play a PART of a song?
ChuckisGod is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 12:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
DE4life
rap and hiphop guru
 
DE4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,367
They clearly do not value anything from 1996-1997. They now are apparently contended with playing parts of TJR and none of Whoracle at all. A bit of a disgrace, for a band that gained it's first form of success through the fans that bought copies of TJR and Whoracle.
DE4life is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 01:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Juuel
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalkicksass View Post
Anders friden still awesome? Still? what about never? If you've looked the performances on youtube where you can In flames performing at 1997 in Germany you can hear Friden's annoying high pitched growls, which sucked hard. On 1999 In flames coud play their stuff decent i think. Friden's screams aren't my thing though.

...

I don't see the point of playing an part of an song, now i know people would say ''Be happy that they've played an part of it!'' But seriously; In flames should either play the whole damn song, or leave it out, otherwise playing parts sounds useless to me. Especially when it comes to older songs. Seems In flames has got lazy over the years.
Anders being awesome or not is a matter of oppinion I presume. I like it, you dont, and that way everyone is happy. No harm done.

I gotta agree with you about playing just a part of a song. If they start it, they should finish it. I guess they did get lazy, and only want to play the newer songs. I'd like to hear some old production as much as you would, but the simple fact just is that we cant really do anything about it.
Juuel is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 02:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
metalkicksass
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: the netherlands
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juuel View Post
Anders being awesome or not is a matter of oppinion I presume. I like it, you dont, and that way everyone is happy. No harm done.

I gotta agree with you about playing just a part of a song. If they start it, they should finish it. I guess they did get lazy, and only want to play the newer songs. I'd like to hear some old production as much as you would, but the simple fact just is that we cant really do anything about it.
Is it just me, or is In flames just trying to piss of their (older) fans?
metalkicksass is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 04:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
DE4life
rap and hiphop guru
 
DE4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,367
I think they got pissed by the older fans bitching about them, and now feel little obligation to give much back to them.

They should remember without the sales of The Jester Race and Whoracle they would not have anywhere near the success they currently have. Every inch of their success comes from the solid MELODIC DEATH METAL foundation they built. Metallers heard TJR/Whoracle back in 96/97, In Flames became somewhat popular in the underground metal scene. Word spreads and by the time they release Colony/Clayman they are known to the wider metal community and embraced. Faggy trendy/emo-to-be kids hear their peers talking in glowing terms about In Flames, pick up Reroute to Remain, and soon enough In Flames are all over Kerrang. The boys see an easy opportunity to make a ton of cash and continue making soulless commercial music, expanding their fanbase to include the worst kind of pathetic fan whilst pushing out the older fans in favour of their new success and profit. They now have a fanbase which knows little of their history but loves In Flames because they think by listening to Come Clarity they are metal and hardcore, when in reality they are listening to nothing but a watered down version of the band their peers used to love.

In Flames should never forget that their success and their fanbase, old and new, comes from the success of The Jester Race and Whoracle, and the fans that bought those albums, paid to see the old shows, and spread the word of In Flames back when they would play in front of 200 people in a small club in Germany. Without those original fans and their enthusiasm for the band there would be no In Flames as we know them today.
DE4life is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2008, 07:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
Clay-Man
Anders pre-2003
 
Clay-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 787
Someone get Satellites and Astronauts or I'll fucking kill you.
Clay-Man is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2008, 11:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
GameFreac
The Derminator
 
GameFreac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 983
Yeah I was gonna go see them in December...but after looking at that setlist

Not anymore
__________________


Cannibal Corpse - April 21
Kaki King - May 1
Converge - May 28
GameFreac is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2008, 04:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
waif
Anoint My Phallus
 
waif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 18,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by DE4life View Post
Lengthy rant
Setlist now bitch
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
Anybody who doesn't realize that Manowar is the ultimate pinnacle of heterosexuality has a fundamental misunderstanding of manhood, and possibly of metal as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMetalhead View Post
Interchangeability of thought occurs through the experience of listening thus formulating a change of discern.

A proud participant in the Tom Brady Ignore-A-Thon.
waif is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2008, 10:08 AM   #20 (permalink)
DE4life
rap and hiphop guru
 
DE4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,367
I don't know the order of the setlist, but it was the same as the one posted above, with the changes mentioned here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DE4life
They kicked off with The Chosen Pessismist... the entire song. I think this is a mistake, it did very little and the crowd was only reacting because it was the first song. They performed most of the song behind a huge white curtain, before it fell when the guitars kicked in. They mixed the set up a fair amount from some of the stuff I've seen posted - Satellites was played early in the show, whilst the "medley" was played fairly late. I have a rant to get to in regards to that, but I'll get to that later. They played My Sweet Shadow, Colony, and Come Clarity, which I hadn't seen posted in previous setlists. There were no real surprises and no Zombie Inc, but I imagine these changes were done because it was a London show, and they tend to pull out the commercial shit for London.
DE4life is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2008, 10:06 AM   #21 (permalink)
Necrö
Now with Caramel
 
Necrö's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Großherzogtum Baden (Germany)
Posts: 1,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay-Man View Post
Someone get Satellites and Astronauts or I'll fucking kill you.
yes. YES.
__________________


Necrö is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2008, 06:40 PM   #22 (permalink)
Veenox
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay-Man View Post
Someone get Satellites and Astronauts or I'll fucking kill you.
Your wish is my command.

Veenox is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2008, 07:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
DE4life
rap and hiphop guru
 
DE4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,367
Seeing S&A live was unbelievable... goosebumps. How a new fan can see them play snippets of their older shit and not want to go back and take a look at what else they did is beyond me. The 1996 - 2000 era blows all of In Flames new shit right out of the water. Not even close as a contest.
DE4life is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2008, 10:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
Clay-Man
Anders pre-2003
 
Clay-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 787
Satellites & Astonauts is hands down my favorite song ever since the first time I've heard it.
Best fucking power ballad in the world. Such a beautiful song, beautiful instruments, beautiful vocals, beautiful lyrics, beautiful everything.

FUCK the chosen pessemist to this song.

Last edited by Clay-Man : October 9th, 2008 at 10:46 PM.
Clay-Man is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2008, 12:54 AM   #25 (permalink)
zerkz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veenox View Post
Wow, they preformed that pretty damn well. I have to admit even Anders did pretty decent. Guitar tone seemed right on.
zerkz is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.0.0
© Copyright 2000-2010 UltimateMetal.com | MetalAges Media