In Flames  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > In Flames
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

In Flames Non-official In Flames forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 10th, 2003, 02:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
Jabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarenothing66
Ok, sorry for the three posts in a row (I know how it annoys some people), but now here is my analysis of Zombie Inc.
No, it's not annoying. I think you're really good at interpreting, I enjoy reading these!
Old May 10th, 2003, 06:07 PM   #27 (permalink)
squarenothing66
lollerskates

Hehe, well thanks =)

Any other songs you would like to see? I will do the Hive, because someone said that they were going to do it, and multiple interpretations are always good.

Last edited by squarenothing66 : May 10th, 2003 at 06:14 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 10th, 2003, 06:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
squarenothing66
lollerskates

The Hive... hmm, this is going to be a tough one, because the only thing that really gives me a clue of what the songs concept is, is the chorus. I don't know if I am going to do a full interpretation of the song, because the whole thing with bees/hornets/wasps is throwing me off. Basically, I think the song is about how man could have taken a different path, and been so much more than what we are now... obviously taken from the lyrics, but we are too numb to realize this, and we cannot feel guilty for everything that we have put the earth through to get to the position that we are in now.
Old May 10th, 2003, 07:47 PM   #29 (permalink)
Steve
Banned

Anders was creating the concepts, Niklas helped him phrase them in English. From what I understand, Anders wasn't familiar with more complicated English words and Niklas helped him with that. I believe Niklas did write some songs lyrics all by himself, but he worked with Anders on most.

Steve
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 26th, 2003, 07:39 PM   #30 (permalink)
poptartofdeath
Urethra or Mine?

Gotta run and didn't get to read through the entire thread so if this is already covered ground ignore it.

The last part, about Inverting the fjords, etc: I view it in the light of this Jotun is changing everything that is precedent in the world. The NY Skyline, the Statue of Liberty: Two thing synonymous with North America, things that have stood a test of time and are easily recognizable with a place, such as the fjords of Scandinavia. Basically, this thing changes all these, either destroying them, dwarfing them or becoming the symbol for the earth like those are for their respective areas. In this concept piece if one was to look down upon earth from the Mushroom-scattered (the spores being escape pods from earth?) colonies or speak about it they'd see or have brought to mind this Jotun, that changed everything in their world and basically destoryed it.

My two cents.
mpddrummer (5:13:09 PM): i have never heard power metal before
mpddrummer (5:14:12 PM): i feel all chivalrous now
mpddrummer (5:14:23 PM): i wanna go slay a dragon outside of a castle to rescue a princess

Now hit me with the chorus here, and the chorus comes in and it's like "These chords, and now he's going to play that chord," and he doesn't! He plays a chord that doesn't exist! The weirdest twist ever! - a very excited Dan Swano
Old May 26th, 2003, 08:59 PM   #31 (permalink)
C-Taylor
Conscious Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal Emperor
wow i must be pretty bloody good at downloading because iv managed to download not only cds with the graphics on them but the booklets and jewel cases. I support the band just as much as most people do and own all there albums because in flames are one of my favorite bands so dont assume what you dont know. What so i didnt know that niklas sundin wrote the lyrics on those albums.. Big fucking deal at least i dont masturbate over who wrote the lyrics on what (sinfully childish and imature i know but its a must). and whats with the racism now and yes im drunk 24/7 because im english... nice one at least i won't be serving kebabs in a sweaty chippy like you will probablly be doing for a living. Im sorry it had to come to this but you started it.
ownage

doesnt jesper write lyrics aswell?