Evile  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > EVILE > General Discussion
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 16th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #1851 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

Just beat Uncharted 2 last night. Fun game, but those games are such Indiana Jones rip offs, they've ripped off actual scenes in the movies. Still, it was a fun adventure, some of the movie scenes are corny. The amount of credits when you beat it is ridiculous, the credits wouldn't stop so I just skipped them. Died a few times on the last boss, but after that I kicked his ass pretty good. Now, on to part 3.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 16th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #1852 (permalink)
Keenan
Crippling Self Doubt

Uncharted 3 was terrible. I thought Uncharted 2 was like the greatest thing ever, and still do, but 3 was just a disappointment on every level.

You have given them an ideal to aspire to, embodied their highest aspirations. They will race, they will stumble, and fall, and crawl... and curse... and finally, they will join you in the sun, Kal-El.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 17th, 2012, 02:31 AM   #1853 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

Why do you say that Keenan? Can you explain why?
Old March 17th, 2012, 10:30 AM   #1854 (permalink)
Keenan
Crippling Self Doubt

First thing you'll notice is that the aiming is fucked up. It feels clunky like it did in the first one, and not fluid like 2. That's my only problem with the gameplay, the rest of my complaints come from the story. Talbot and Marlowe, the villians, didn't feel like they were evil enough, and their intentions were never fully explained. The story at more than one point (the boat, the fort area) felt really slow and stretched out and almost nothing happened. Like they were just filler areas because the dev team ran out of ideas. Multiple unfinished plot lines..... Plot HOLES..... Ugh. Just a bad game.

You have given them an ideal to aspire to, embodied their highest aspirations. They will race, they will stumble, and fall, and crawl... and curse... and finally, they will join you in the sun, Kal-El.
Old March 17th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #1855 (permalink)
D.Ingram
Junker

The King of Fighters XI is buggy as hell This saddens the Ingram, it's a fucking great game marred by some shitty oversights (only on the PAL conversion oddly enough).

-Tizoc is named 'Mai', which is just... a stupid mistake
-Command inputs take noticably longer to register
-There's a massive ugly blue boarder along the bottom of the screen at all times
-LOAD TIMES
-Screen transitions are buggy
-The pause menu is bugged on a few stages and subsequently just comes up an an illegible blur.

I haven't played it on 60hz yet to see if it irons out any of these, but it's a crying shame. If it wasn't for all of this crap then it'd by far be one of the best KoFs I've played in a long time. Sad dave
Old March 17th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #1856 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

That's weird about Uncharted 3 because reviewers claim it's the best freakin game and that it's the best of the series. Uncharted 2 is quite epic, so I see that part 3 is a shorter game than 2. I'll be playing part 3 after Castlevania.

You'd think by now they would know how to make a top notch King of Fighters game. But it seems they aren't paying attention to details. They should know how to make a perfect game by now but lack of time and financing can alter a games outcome completely.
Old March 17th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #1857 (permalink)
D.Ingram
Junker

The games themselves are fucking great, but the ports are utterly horrible - especially in PAL territories. The Orochi Saga port on PS2 and PSP in the UK is bugged to the point of being unplayable in some places.

Apparently the console ports of KOFXIII are damn near flawless, and the PS2 ports of 2000/2001, Maximum Impact and '98 Ultimate Match are absolutely spot on. 2002, 2003 and Neowave had a few graphical errors here and there but absolutely nothing that impacted on the gameplay itself, SVC Chaos and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum were pretty great too despite some lengthy loading times and maybe some graphical inconsistancies. SNK Playmore and Ignition Entertainment haven't done TOO bad of a job for the most part, but their PAL port of The King of Fighters XI has some bugs and glitches that are really, really fucking dreadful in places and should've been ioned out long before retail release.

Such a shame, but it happens sometimes. I remember when they ported KOF'95, Samurai Shodown III and Real Bout to the PSone over here and they were almost arcade perfect with the exception of some long loading times (except SS3 which was nicknamed 'Samurai Slowdown' due to being... well, you get it). I miss the good old days.

Maybe it's time for me to upgrade to an Xbox 360 and get KOFXIII
Old March 17th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #1858 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

You'd think they would know how to do proper ports by now but I guess they still haven't figured it out. Stupid decision making on the companies part. Just like with Resident Evil 4 HD for PS3, it wasn't even remasterd they just used the gamecube port.... I didn't buy it. Good thing I still have the original PS2 game.

If you get a 360 make sure you get the extended warranty, because they always break a little bit right after the regular warranty expires. The controller is annoying too, but hey the system has great games and very colorful sharp graphics.
Old March 17th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #1859 (permalink)
D.Ingram
Junker

I'd mostly use a 360 for XBLA. Mark of the Wolves in HD, yes please
Old March 17th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #1860 (permalink)
Keenan
Crippling Self Doubt

I NEVER trust reviewers AMD. I lost all faith in them after the whole debacle with Gamespot and their review for Kane and Lynch a few years ago.

Also, I tend to be alone in my opinions.

DAVE! Get a PS3 instead. Free online and DEMON'S SOULS, which is a game you'd adore, I assure you.

Old March 17th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #1861 (permalink)
D.Ingram
Junker

Mark of the Wolves isn't on PSN store though. Immediate failure.
Old March 18th, 2012, 01:00 AM   #1862 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

That may be true but the hardware is junk on the 360.
Old March 18th, 2012, 01:06 AM   #1863 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
I NEVER trust reviewers AMD. I lost all faith in them after the whole debacle with Gamespot and their review for Kane and Lynch a few years ago.

Also, I tend to be alone in my opinions.

DAVE! Get a PS3 instead. Free online and DEMON'S SOULS, which is a game you'd adore, I assure you.

I agree with what you're saying. I especially never judge reviews of certain movies, music, games etc. But sometimes the majority of reviews can lead you in the right direction. I usually look at IGN.com for reviews, and GameInformer. After my 3rd 360 recently broke right after the warranty expiration.... They want a 100 bucks to fix it, I decided I'll just sell Mortal Kombat cause I hate the controller and I Sold SKYRIM and now Im going to pick it up again on the PS3... a system I can trust. I got the Uncharted bundle so it came with all 3 Uncharted games and tons of storage memory. I've been meaning to play Demons souls too I'll probably pick it up when the price drops.. Back to my green beers...Cheers all..
Old March 18th, 2012, 01:09 AM   #1864 (permalink)
zerostatic
Damned in Flames

Fired up the PS3 and played Arkham City for a few hours today. Thinking about starting up Skyrim again or maybe give Fallout New Vegas another playthrough.

I have played the first 4 or 5 levels of Uncharted 3 and I agree with others that it has not been as impressive as Uncharted 2.
Old March 18th, 2012, 05:42 AM   #1865 (permalink)
Chipmonkcheeks
\m/

I tried playing Skyrim again and it didn't really work. I hate to say it but I think i'm done with that game.
Also y'all should play Dungeon Defenders, it is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasherdave View Post
I almost listened to St. Anger to numb the pain... almost. But Lulu is truely unforgivable stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siobhan! View Post
I've got a flag story too...but I'll keep it quiet as it's Trivium related, hahaha.
Old March 18th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #1866 (permalink)
Keenan
Crippling Self Doubt

The system came with all three Uncharted games AMD? That's fantastic!

You should totally check out Demon's Souls though. Game's $20 because it's a greatest hit. I'd pass on Dark Souls though, that game just didn't do it for me.

Old March 18th, 2012, 10:09 AM   #1867 (permalink)
Kaspr
Bow down to the thrasher!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipmonkcheeks View Post
I tried playing Skyrim again and it didn't really work. I hate to say it but I think i'm done with that game.
I'll take it off ya hands in return for a virtual handshake?
Old March 18th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #1868 (permalink)
Chipmonkcheeks
\m/

Ahhh it's on steam i'm afraid :/

Quote:
I almost listened to St. Anger to numb the pain... almost. But Lulu is truely unforgivable stuff.

Quote:
I've got a flag story too...but I'll keep it quiet as it's Trivium related, hahaha.
Old March 18th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #1869 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

Did ya even beat the bloody game Chip?
Old March 18th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #1870 (permalink)
Chipmonkcheeks
\m/

Yeh I did, I played 70 hours.

I have a couple of friends who have played it for 200+ (They don't have jobs and aren't in education) and they seem happy to just play it forever.
I just ran out of steam, it was a brilliant game though.

Are any of you guys still playing it?

Quote:

Quote:
Old March 18th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #1871 (permalink)
D.Ingram
Junker

Note to self: It's not easy to play 2D fighters on the PSP's D-Pad.
Old March 18th, 2012, 07:28 PM   #1872 (permalink)
Keenan
Crippling Self Doubt

I got 150 out of Skyrim on my first file. Second one is up to 15, but it's losing it's staying power for me. Been playing it too much.

And yes Dave, the PSP's d-pad sucks.

Old March 18th, 2012, 08:06 PM   #1873 (permalink)
Chipmonkcheeks
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
I got 150 out of Skyrim on my first file. Second one is up to 15, but it's losing it's staying power for me. Been playing it too much.
My survey show that people who play games on PC get less out of them.

Quote:

Quote:
Old March 19th, 2012, 12:38 AM   #1874 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

Quote:
Note to self: It's not easy to play 2D fighters on the PSP's D-Pad.
The xbox 360 controller is also a nightmare with fighters. I couldn't play Mortal Kombat proper on it so I had to sell the game. PS3 is the way to go for fighters.
Old March 19th, 2012, 12:46 AM   #1875 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipmonkcheeks View Post
Yeh I did, I played 70 hours.

I have a couple of friends who have played it for 200+ (They don't have jobs and aren't in education) and they seem happy to just play it forever.
I just ran out of steam, it was a brilliant game though.

Are any of you guys still playing it?

These games usually have endless hours of play. I've seen people drop out of college classes and skip school to play them all day. When you're busy these games are hard to keep up with. Good news is they usually come out with a game of the year edition with added landscapes added for more quests down the road. I swear the game fried my 360 and I was forced to sell only to have to restart over on the PS3 version. Right now Im playing Castlevania Lords of Shadow on PS3