Ultimate Metal Forum  
UltimateMetal.com homeContact UltimateMetal.com

Ultimate Metal Zine Ultimate Metal Photo Gallery Ultimate Metal Classifieds Ultimate Metal Link Directory Ultimate Metal Events Ultimate Metal Radio Ultimate Metal Store

Sponsored Links

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > The Music > General Metal Discussion

Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack (8) Thread Tools
Old December 7th, 2007, 06:31 AM   #1101 (permalink)
Zephyrus
Tyrants and Slaves

I gave Planishphaerium another listen. This is for sure a band you need to take your time with to fully decipher its greatness.
Old December 7th, 2007, 09:11 AM   #1102 (permalink)
V.V.V.V.V.
Houses Ov Mercury

Location: Encased Within A Mile-Deep Pit Of Feces (or, Lowell, MA)
I remember immediately worshipping it, but indeed repeated listens allow you to pick out amazing memorable sections.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old December 7th, 2007, 09:29 AM   #1103 (permalink)
Zephyrus
Tyrants and Slaves

Exactly my experience.
Old December 7th, 2007, 11:57 AM   #1104 (permalink)
sceloporus

Everything about wormed is insane. Their songs have a ton of atmosphere. Unfortunetely I've never heard the entire album.
I don't have a job which means no albums for me.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old December 7th, 2007, 04:21 PM   #1105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.V.V.V.V. View Post
It's fucking weird, that's for sure. For ENTHUSIASTS only...
I am not an enthusiast but I am loving it for what it is. Aside from the samples.

BTW V5 sense I can only catch you here I swear I found band that you will like. I am sorry if its off topic and genre. They are called Animal Collective. For some reason after listening to your noise band and than these guys I think you will love it.
Old December 7th, 2007, 05:50 PM   #1106 (permalink)
V.V.V.V.V.
Houses Ov Mercury

Heard 'em not really my thing. Then again I don't really listen to that much noise/experimental outside my own work.

Old December 7th, 2007, 07:44 PM   #1107 (permalink)
chuj666
....and a bottle of grog

I saw Fetal Mutilation's video of groovy-slam-death-metal if that's the future of death metal were all in trouble, just what i needis a whole bunch of bandana faced punks swinging their feet in the air, Just wait til Brazil comes up with a band and you will see a fusion of slam-death with capoiera
(Cheers.)
"Fuck off!!"
(Band leaves the stage.)

Old December 7th, 2007, 07:49 PM   #1108 (permalink)
ohiogrinder
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuj666 View Post
if that's the future of death metal were all in trouble, just what i needis a whole bunch of punks
I take offense at this statement. and your spelling is atrocious.
Old December 7th, 2007, 08:09 PM   #1109 (permalink)
V.V.V.V.V.
Houses Ov Mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuj666 View Post
I saw Fetal Mutilation's video of groovy-slam-death-metal if that's the future of death metal were all in trouble, just what i needis a whole bunch of bandana faced punks swinging their feet in the air, Just wait til Brazil comes up with a band and you will see a fusion of slam-death with capoiera
Get out then? YOUR KIND IS NOT WELCOME LEAVE THE HALL...

Old December 7th, 2007, 09:53 PM   #1110 (permalink)
Zephyrus
Tyrants and Slaves

I just lent all of the CD-r's from Nick's care package to my friend Ryan who lives down the hall. He's a real grindcore enthusiast and I plan on interviewing his band for ZephyrBlog.
Old December 7th, 2007, 09:55 PM   #1111 (permalink)
V.V.V.V.V.
Houses Ov Mercury

Excellent!

Old December 7th, 2007, 09:57 PM   #1112 (permalink)
Zephyrus
Tyrants and Slaves

Yep. I also added a link to your Visceral Pulse blog.
Old December 7th, 2007, 10:03 PM   #1113 (permalink)
V.V.V.V.V.
Houses Ov Mercury

Cool, I noticed that just now before you mentioned it!

Old December 9th, 2007, 05:25 PM   #1114 (permalink)
The Butt
Boys, smokes, let's go!

Anyone have some album suggestions on what would be some good brutal DM to check out? I haven't heard much (Some Cannibal Corpse, some Behemoth, and some Cryptopsy, but that's about it), and I'm looking to get into some more. What albums would everyone suggest for a brutal DM newbie?

(And yeah, I know this should probably have gone into the band recommendations forum, but I figured why make a new thread when theres a Brutal/Slam DM thread sitting right here?)
and when one finds a guy to discuss shit with that shares same hobbies and likes Bach and Paysage d'Hiver too the guy will try to fuck her because no girl ever talked to him like that and probably even rape her because he's deranged and that sucks because he's ugly. I mean, Paysage de fucking HIVER. Ice cold anti-social. Should have seen it coming, bitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoda77 View Post
Haha, I'm glad that I have a negative influence on your life. Smoke Beers and worship Satan. Heavy metal vomit party drink a thousand beers.
Old December 9th, 2007, 05:48 PM   #1115 (permalink)
cookiecutter
Proceed to Ultraslamming

Welcome!

Some accessible bands

Devourment
Vomit Remnants
Soils of Fate
Suffocation
Goretrade

EDIT: also just so you know, Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth and Cryptopsy are not brutal

Band|last.fm
Old December 9th, 2007, 06:05 PM   #1116 (permalink)
V.V.V.V.V.
Houses Ov Mercury

I'd also like to extend a welcome. The bands CC listed are great to start with, pretty groovy and brutal or otherwise accessible. Please check out the blog in either of our links (SLAM-MINDED) to learn more about brutal death.

See you on the forum!

Old December 9th, 2007, 06:37 PM   #1117 (permalink)
The Butt
Boys, smokes, let's go!

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to check out The Metal Observer to find out which albums to get first by those bands, as well as the blog you mention.

I wasn't aware that those three bands I mentioned aren't brutal, thank you for correcting me. They were heavier than most of the DM I've heard (mainly melodic DM), and I was told by at least one person CC and Cryptopsy were brutal.
and when one finds a guy to discuss shit with that shares same hobbies and likes Bach and Paysage d'Hiver too the guy will try to fuck her because no girl ever talked to him like that and probably even rape her because he's deranged and that sucks because he's ugly. I mean, Paysage de fucking HIVER. Ice cold anti-social. Should have seen it coming, bitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoda77 View Post
Haha, I'm glad that I have a negative influence on your life. Smoke Beers and worship Satan. Heavy metal vomit party drink a thousand beers.
Old December 9th, 2007, 06:41 PM   #1118 (permalink)
V.V.V.V.V.
Houses Ov Mercury

They might be brutal in some sense, but not technically "brutal" in accordance to the genre's provisions.

Old December 9th, 2007, 06:51 PM   #1119 (permalink)
Zephyrus
Tyrants and Slaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttock1234 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to check out The Metal Observer to find out which albums to get first by those bands, as well as the blog you mention.

I wasn't aware that those three bands I mentioned aren't brutal, thank you for correcting me. They were heavier than most of the DM I've heard (mainly melodic DM), and I was told by at least one person CC and Cryptopsy were brutal.
I wouldn't credit The Metal Observer as a reliable source. You're better off just sticking with the experts here on this forum.
Old December 9th, 2007, 06:59 PM   #1120 (permalink)
cookiecutter
Proceed to Ultraslamming

Quote:
They might be brutal in some sense, but not technically "brutal" in accordance to the genre's provisions.
Yes. Unfortunately the word brutal, when not used in the context of this genre, is rather vague. Brutal in terms of death metal means a certain kind of death metal, best exemplified by Suffocation and Devourment, where as brutal just as an adjective could probably be ascribed to most extreme metal.

Band|last.fm
Old December 11th, 2007, 07:13 PM   #1121 (permalink)
supseudonymous
&

So it seems that Severed Savior has adopted Odious Mortem's vocalist, who will simultaneously front both bands. This could be cool, as long as neither band suffers from this relationship (which is unlikely imo). Dusty's vocals were pretty damn good though.
Old December 11th, 2007, 07:15 PM   #1122 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kil View Post
So it seems that Severed Savior has adopted Odious Mortem's vocalist, who will simultaneously front both bands. This could be cool, as long as neither band suffers from this relationship (which is unlikely imo). Dusty's vocals were pretty damn good though.
That sounds cool.
Old December 11th, 2007, 07:23 PM   #1123 (permalink)
V.V.V.V.V.
Houses Ov Mercury

Severed Savior is the definition of bland, hopefully OM's dude will help them out since I liked his vox on Cryptic Implosion. Weirdly understandable, not guttural at all.

In Slam-Minded news, Nick and I recently did an article on the Russian slam scene. Ivan of Cephalic Impurity will probably add to it eventually, so keep your eyes peeled.

Upcoming posts:
-Top ten brutal albums of '07
-Superlatives
-Year end thank yous etc.

Last edited by V.V.V.V.V. : December 11th, 2007 at 07:25 PM.
Old December 11th, 2007, 07:25 PM   #1124 (permalink)

Quote:
Severed Savior is the definition of bland, hopefully OM's dude will help them out since I liked his vox on Cryptic Implosion. Weirdly understandable, not guttural at all.
bland?

No. I love that band.
Old December 11th, 2007, 07:26 PM   #1125 (permalink)
supseudonymous
&

bland = awesome