Ultimate Metal Forum  
UltimateMetal.com homeContact UltimateMetal.com

Ultimate Metal Zine Ultimate Metal Photo Gallery Ultimate Metal Classifieds Ultimate Metal Link Directory Ultimate Metal Events Ultimate Metal Radio Ultimate Metal Store

Sponsored Links

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > The Music > General Metal Discussion

Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack (16) Thread Tools
Old January 6th, 2007, 09:38 PM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #526 (permalink)
Mort Divine

Or just skip it and go to a band more worth your money, like Taake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no country for old wainds View Post
if i was the first black president id bust out some rhymes for my speech. the guy's missed an opportunity that will never come around again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens
PS I bet HamburgerBoy calls his mother's meatloaf a Boston Market clone

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 6th, 2007, 09:54 PM   #527 (permalink)
Life Sucks
and then you die

Aeternus - Beyond the Wandering Moon is some great black metal. I've only recently started listening to them.
Old January 6th, 2007, 10:36 PM   #528 (permalink)
V.V.V.V.V.
Houses Ov Mercury

Location: Encased Within A Mile-Deep Pit Of Feces (or, Lowell, MA)
I saw that CD today for fucking 7 bucks used...I passed it up! What the fuck is wrong with me!? I'll get it next time.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 6th, 2007, 10:38 PM   #529 (permalink)
Nico
Onward!

That deserves a bitchslap of gigantic proportions. Utterly fantastic album.
Old January 6th, 2007, 10:39 PM   #530 (permalink)
MalignParadigm
Hardrocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort Divine View Post
Or just skip it and go to a band more worth your money, like Taake.
No.

Old January 6th, 2007, 10:41 PM   #531 (permalink)
Mort Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malignance View Post
No.
I think this is a matter of: Do you like what black metal IS at the core or what black metal CAN BE when bands move from that core? I much prefer bands that move away from the core, such as Taake does.

Quote:
if i was the first black president id bust out some rhymes for my speech. the guy's missed an opportunity that will never come around again.
Quote:

Old January 6th, 2007, 11:30 PM   #532 (permalink)
Mort Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesupria View Post
Christ, if your signature doesn't prove that you're a raging homosexual then this comment does.

Taake is utter garbage for simpletons that are trying to convince themselves that they're listening to something intelligent. An utter charade.
Hah, you can think so mang, but Over Bjoergvin Graater Himmerik is fantastic and as far as I'm concerned one of the best BM releases from out of Norwegian borders.

Quote:
Quote:

Old January 6th, 2007, 11:58 PM   #533 (permalink)
~Derek~

I like Gorgoroth with Gaal better than the early one on the Pentagram CD.
Old January 7th, 2007, 12:14 AM   #534 (permalink)
-Demonium-
Buried by Time and Dust

I think I prefer the old style (Pentagram, Under the Sign of Hell & The Antichrist), but King's work with Gorgoroth is still good.

And Taake are great, favourite album being Hordaland Doedskvad.
Old January 7th, 2007, 12:20 AM   #535 (permalink)
Mathiäs

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Demonium- View Post
I think I prefer the old style (Pentagram, Under the Sign of Hell & The Antichrist), but King's work with Gorgoroth is still good.

Hmm, I prefer later Gorgoroth. Maybe it's the production that I don't like in their older albums.

My Music :: MLG :: Facebook :: Soundcloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicalBarbarity View Post
... fuck Obama. Worst president ever .... the guy has basically turned this country upside down, but that's what we get for putting a goddamned extreme liberal in the white house. He fucking disgusts me.
Old January 7th, 2007, 01:17 AM   #536 (permalink)
kvnst

bm

black metal is my favorite genre, i'm sort of new to it but ill be seeing
i saw goatwhore yesterday though.
Dark Funeral Enslaved Abigail Williams
Old January 7th, 2007, 01:29 AM   #537 (permalink)
black blood
A Corpse Without Soul

I'm going to this show in few weeks! I can hardly wait.
Old January 7th, 2007, 02:11 AM   #538 (permalink)
Hatebreeder
Pizzicato Heartstrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montu Sekhmet View Post
Hmm, I prefer later Gorgoroth. Maybe it's the production that I don't like in their older albums.
The production is the best part. But the CD is so fucking short. I hate when albums don't quite reach the half-hour mark. But hey, some of my favorite CDs are quite brief, i.e. Vader's "The Art of War".
Old January 7th, 2007, 02:16 AM   #539 (permalink)
Perpetual Catatonia

I can't believe shitty bands like Abigail Williams get to do shows with Enslaved and Dark Funeral.
Old January 7th, 2007, 02:23 AM   #540 (permalink)
VittraEternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perpetual Catatonia View Post
I can't believe shitty bands like Abigail Williams get to do shows with Enslaved and Dark Funeral.
So who is this Abigail Williams band I keep hearing about? With a name like that, I'm guessing they aren't black metal...
Old January 7th, 2007, 02:30 AM   #541 (permalink)
Thasis
Canadian Black Metaller

If I'm correct they are a -core band, but I'm not sure. Maybe they have just played with -core bands before so I relate them to that? I dunno... It triggers memories of the sorts.
In existance there is no time, for man created the concept time as a representation for what cannot be 100% explained. So why do we spend most of our time stressing out about a concept brooding out of man's confusion and search for the unknown? Just something to think about.
Old January 7th, 2007, 03:00 AM   #542 (permalink)
MalignParadigm
Hardrocker

Quote:
I would not be surprised if it and its ilk gave Chuck Schuldiner the AIDS that finished him off.

Old January 7th, 2007, 08:23 AM   #543 (permalink)
Hubster

Quote:
Taake is utter garbage for simpletons that are trying to convince themselves that they're listening to something intelligent. An utter charade.
This is hands down the most blasphemous comment this thread has seen. Tåke does not hide behind the pretence of being intelligent: your mention of this highlights your lack of interpretation and experience with Tåke's music.

Tåke is the most original Black Metal Norway has produced since the mid 90's. It stays true to Black Metal and yet creates its own character which is unlike any other Black Metal band Norway has seen imo.

The songwriting is highly creative, Hoest is a very good guitarist not to mention has one of the thinnest and rawest sounding shrieks in Black Metal.

No single song is constant or boring, the music is full of tonal colour, highlighted by superb tremolo picking not seen since the likes of Emperor and timechanges which are unpredictable and highly intriguing.

An underrated and essential band, every Black Metal enthusiast should own the entire discography, no excuses.

Last edited by Hubster : January 7th, 2007 at 08:30 AM.
Old January 7th, 2007, 08:59 AM   #544 (permalink)
Hubster

One of the more disturbing Black Metal albums of recent times. An excellent piece of work, although it took me time to get into it.
Old January 7th, 2007, 09:03 AM   #545 (permalink)
Killbot
A Killer Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubster View Post

One of the more disturbing Black Metal albums of recent times. An excellent piece of work, although it took me time to get into it.
Same, it took me many a month to get into it, but once you do, it's fantastic.
Old January 7th, 2007, 09:13 AM   #546 (permalink)
Nico
Onward!

I'm finding MoRT to be completely pointless. It's like they took all the dissonant ambience from TWWTG and created an album based on it, which completely dilutes it and defeats the purpose all together. The unnerving thing about songs like Our Blessed Frozen Cells was the context in which it was placed - one of sterility and mechanical hostility. Without the context, it's completely monotonous, and a thousand times more pretentious than TWWTG, which is difficult in itself.
Old January 7th, 2007, 09:15 AM   #547 (permalink)
Killbot
A Killer Robot

I haven't bothered to listen to Mort based on the negative feedback (such as that) it's been receiving.
Old January 7th, 2007, 09:19 AM   #548 (permalink)
Nico
Onward!

Blut Aud Nord's earlier albums kick the shit out of later stuff anyway, yet never get any recognition besides maybe V and GoD. Everyone needs to hear Ultima Thulee now.
Old January 7th, 2007, 10:39 AM   #549 (permalink)
cookiecutter
Proceed to Ultraslamming

Quote:
Originally Posted by VittraEternity View Post
So who is this Abigail Williams band I keep hearing about? With a name like that, I'm guessing they aren't black metal...
They are a metalcore band that pretends to be black metal.

Band|last.fm
Old January 7th, 2007, 11:52 AM   #550 (permalink)
Mort Divine

Quote:
Why? What is to like about it? It is no more than older Black Metal ideas dressed up with pop aesthetics, mixed with pointless meandering and zero substance.

I would not be surprised if it and its ilk gave Chuck Schuldiner the AIDS that finished him off.
Pop aesthetics, hah. Where? Neo-classicalism mixed into the black metal mixture perhaps, but certainly no pop elements. Then again what else can I expect from an ANUSite?

Quote:
Quote: