Ultimate Metal Forum  
UltimateMetal.com homeContact UltimateMetal.com

Ultimate Metal Zine Ultimate Metal Photo Gallery Ultimate Metal Classifieds Ultimate Metal Link Directory Ultimate Metal Events Ultimate Metal Radio Ultimate Metal Store

Sponsored Links

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > The Music > General Metal Discussion

Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack (16) Thread Tools
Old April 14th, 2008, 05:19 PM   #11601 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bothering View Post
I listened to those samples on the aquarius records site. The band sounds like it could be interesting; I just wish I could hear an entire song instead of 2 minute samples.
It is a must listen/buy.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 14th, 2008, 05:33 PM   #11602 (permalink)
Mort Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni View Post
What have you heard by them?
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by no country for old wainds View Post
if i was the first black president id bust out some rhymes for my speech. the guy's missed an opportunity that will never come around again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens
PS I bet HamburgerBoy calls his mother's meatloaf a Boston Market clone

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 14th, 2008, 08:34 PM   #11603 (permalink)
Omni
Song to the Siren

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort Divine View Post
Totem
Make sure you grab the Black Seed EP, preferably the remastered one with the demo as bonus tracks. It's just as good and shows a bit of a different direction to Totem. It's a shame they haven't released more music.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Omni rules. She says what I am too nice to say, but want to.
Old April 14th, 2008, 08:37 PM   #11604 (permalink)
KevenZ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenriR View Post
Is it bad that I actually quite like them?
Yeah it's really baaaaad!!!......

I'm not sure which band you're talking about actually.
Old April 14th, 2008, 08:41 PM   #11605 (permalink)

Grimfaug-Defloration of Life's Essence is fucking badass!!!!!!!!!
Old April 14th, 2008, 08:45 PM   #11606 (permalink)
Mathiäs

I have that. I thought it was pretty good.
Originally Posted by TechnicalBarbarity View Post
... fuck Obama. Worst president ever .... the guy has basically turned this country upside down, but that's what we get for putting a goddamned extreme liberal in the white house. He fucking disgusts me.
Old April 14th, 2008, 08:45 PM   #11607 (permalink)
V.V.V.V.V.
Houses Ov Mercury

Location: Encased Within A Mile-Deep Pit Of Feces (or, Lowell, MA)
Grimlair's Locked Up And Forgotten is half average-to-good/half amazing French BM sounding like early Mütiilation crossed with a healthy dose of Burzum and some shoegaze. Great!

Old April 14th, 2008, 08:45 PM   #11608 (permalink)
Mathiäs

Fucking yes! Grimlair rule.

btw i posted a message in your shoutbox imo
Originally Posted by TechnicalBarbarity View Post
... fuck Obama. Worst president ever .... the guy has basically turned this country upside down, but that's what we get for putting a goddamned extreme liberal in the white house. He fucking disgusts me.

Last edited by Mathiäs : April 14th, 2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old April 14th, 2008, 08:49 PM   #11609 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathiäs View Post
I have that. I thought it was pretty good.
I find it one of the best recent second wave bands. Much better than Behexen or Sargeist for this style. I happen to have it on cassette so I get an extra kvlt hiss to go with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.V.V.V.V. View Post
Grimlair's Locked Up And Forgotten is half average-to-good/half amazing French BM sounding like early Mütiilation crossed with a healthy dose of Burzum and some shoegaze. Great!
Ugh! More shozegaze based metal bands? I hated Alcest and the new Jesu material has been very sub-par. Could you go a bit deeper into the details of this band?
Old April 14th, 2008, 08:53 PM   #11610 (permalink)
V.V.V.V.V.
Houses Ov Mercury

It's not a "shoegaze-based band", they just happen to have some dreamy sounding moments.

Old April 14th, 2008, 08:59 PM   #11611 (permalink)

Okay, I will try them out soon than.

Also, I will take this time also to say the song "Inverse Devotion" by Vrolok is a very interesting take of how dreamy, dark and ambient-ish black metal should be preformed. Can anyone tell me more about Vrolok, as I only own the split with Emit.
Old April 14th, 2008, 10:00 PM   #11612 (permalink)
V.V.V.V.V.
Houses Ov Mercury

FUCK...new Arckanum EP is out via Debemur Morti Productions, located in France. I assume this will be hella expensive, it's about 11 bucks USD not including shipping...awaiting a postage calculation but I don't think it'll be pretty. I still want it a ton. Red/black swirl ftw. Features a new song from his new upcoming album and a cover (Holy Moses "Current of Death"):

Old April 15th, 2008, 05:44 AM   #11613 (permalink)
George

I was also interested in getting that EP, but I read that the new track is an unmastered version. I think I can hold out until the full-length gets released. This is, of course, if no US distros get any copies.
Old April 15th, 2008, 06:06 AM   #11614 (permalink)
V.V.V.V.V.
Houses Ov Mercury

Nah, they won't be I don't think. I am pretty sure Debemur Morti is the "exclusive" seller of this.

Old April 15th, 2008, 12:50 PM   #11615 (permalink)
sevag00
Order to Chaos

I am really falling in love with Judas Iscariot. I didn't expect to like the band at this level. His music is not that brutal at the same time evil.
Old April 15th, 2008, 02:47 PM   #11616 (permalink)
cookiecutter
Proceed to Ultraslamming

I've always found Judas Iscariot to be the epitome of meh

Band|last.fm
Old April 15th, 2008, 04:35 PM   #11617 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevag00 View Post
I am really falling in love with Judas Iscariot. I didn't expect to like the band at this level. His music is not that brutal at the same time evil.
Heaven In Flames is very, very good album. I don't see how people don't like it.
Old April 15th, 2008, 04:39 PM   #11618 (permalink)
Jimm O)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiecutter View Post
I've always found Judas Iscariot to be the epitome of meh
Agreed.
Old April 15th, 2008, 05:00 PM   #11619 (permalink)
Lord Kur
Banned

i personally like judas iscariot. one of my most played bands recently. his music is interesting, raw and evil. i love his somber mellow tracks the best. i recommend pretty much anything you can find by him. except maybe that unreleased full length because it kinda sounds like shit.
Old April 15th, 2008, 05:40 PM   #11620 (permalink)
Koude Haat

Judas Iscariot is boring..
Old April 15th, 2008, 05:49 PM   #11621 (permalink)
Lord Kur
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter View Post

Also, I will take this time also to say the song "Inverse Devotion" by Vrolok is a very interesting take of how dreamy, dark and ambient-ish black metal should be preformed. Can anyone tell me more about Vrolok, as I only own the split with Emit.

vrolok is amazing. i love every single release.

check out Resurgence I: decent through the abyss

then get:

resurgence II: where the dying meet the dead
resurgence III: order of the sphere
soul amputation
void (the divine abortion)

soul amputation is the weirdest one and digs the deepest into psychadelia. i swear ever single thing vrolok has released i have loved. it's all just fascinating. highly goddamned recommended band.
Old April 15th, 2008, 06:03 PM   #11622 (permalink)

I might need you to upload some stuff if I can not find any.
Old April 15th, 2008, 06:08 PM   #11623 (permalink)
Lord Kur
Banned

i can pm you a blogspot that has some to check out. i won't if you dont want me to.

you gotta listen to vrolok with headphones and loud. really a trip
Old April 15th, 2008, 06:10 PM   #11624 (permalink)

Yes, but off the forum. Don't send it here. I prefer to buy the record so give me the link now and a URL where to buy the records.
Old April 15th, 2008, 07:13 PM   #11625 (permalink)
Zephyrus
Tyrants and Slaves

I've decided that In Abhorrence Dementia is Limbonic Art's best work. For a while I favored Ad Noctum but I've come to realize that IAD is just as powerful (with good headphones) and a hell of a lot more symphonic.