Ultimate Metal Forum  
UltimateMetal.com homeContact UltimateMetal.com

Ultimate Metal Zine Ultimate Metal Photo Gallery Ultimate Metal Classifieds Ultimate Metal Link Directory Ultimate Metal Events Ultimate Metal Radio Ultimate Metal Store

Sponsored Links

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > The Music > General Metal Discussion

Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack (16) Thread Tools
Old February 21st, 2007, 07:22 AM   #1776 (permalink)
Zephyrus
Tyrants and Slaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrum View Post
The miserable three:

Cradle Of Filth
Dimmu Borgir
Old Man's Child

all three of these are a no no.
You can't discredit Dimmu Borgir. They have written music far superior to most bands out there who try to achieve the same goal music-wise. And taking into account any of their albums before PEM, then by no means should this band be "blacklisted".

I'm also optimistic about their new album coming out. It would be difficult to do much worse than DCA.
Old February 21st, 2007, 08:03 AM   #1777 (permalink)
entanglement

EDT and DCA were classics IMO. To be honest I haven't heard much else from them since those were based on recommendations, but they were great nevertheless.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 21st, 2007, 08:45 AM   #1778 (permalink)
skeptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
You can't discredit Dimmu Borgir.
What? Of course you can.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 21st, 2007, 08:57 AM   #1779 (permalink)
Astrum
Psion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
You can't discredit Dimmu Borgir. They have written music far superior to most bands out there who try to achieve the same goal music-wise. And taking into account any of their albums before PEM, then by no means should this band be "blacklisted".

I'm also optimistic about their new album coming out. It would be difficult to do much worse than DCA.
Like I said in my earlier post, I am a Dimmu Borgir fan. I just can't look at them as Black Metal, and don't judge them as a Black Metal band. Like I said, I sm getting their new album regardless.
Old February 21st, 2007, 03:28 PM   #1780 (permalink)
~Neurotica
perfectly insane

For people, who are interested to check out ukrainian depressive black metal...

- Selvmord - In Limbo (2005) - http://www.megaupload.com/ru/?d=2XDKH72G
(password for zip file - metalarea.org)

- Kladovest - Kladovest (2006) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I0LHMPOF

- Raventale - На Хрустальных Качелях (On The Crystal Swings) - http://www.sendspace.com/file/a4oefp
Old February 21st, 2007, 03:35 PM   #1781 (permalink)
Fury of the Storm

Has anyone heard of Clad in Darkness? I don't think I have seen them mentioned in this thread except for my own single post here.

Melodic Black Metal, with some good Opeth influences and some cool 70's style rock solos. Don't worry, it actually fits the music.

You can download their new EP free from their site here.

Old February 21st, 2007, 03:39 PM   #1782 (permalink)
~Neurotica
perfectly insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fury of the Storm View Post
Has anyone heard of Clad in Darkness? I don't think I have seen them mentioned in this thread except for my own single post here.

Melodic Black Metal, with some good Opeth influences and some cool 70's style rock solos. Don't worry, it actually fits the music.

You can download their new EP free from their site here.
Pfffffff.... I mention them all the fucking time! I'm their biggest fan, dammit. They are awesome as musicians and as people. Clad in Darkness rules!
Old February 21st, 2007, 03:48 PM   #1783 (permalink)
Fury of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Neurotica View Post
Pfffffff.... I mention them all the fucking time! I'm their biggest fan, dammit. They are awesome as musicians and as people. Clad in Darkness rules!
My mistake, I did a search and yielded only one post result for the Black Metal Thread.

But yeah, excellent music, I wish they will get signed soon so they can get an LP out and TOUR!

Old February 22nd, 2007, 10:40 AM   #1784 (permalink)
Vacant_Planets
Queen Nicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necuratul View Post
What? Of course you can.
lol, Many times over at that even.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necuratul View Post
Yeah, and Immortal played Holocaust Metal. I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchrisK View Post
Then I'd rather hear a log falling from my ass into the toilet, than a LoG album.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 12:20 PM   #1785 (permalink)
Astrum
Psion

Just bought Gravelands 2005 release today. I wanted to fill some more space in between, because the only other Graveland album I have is In The Glare of Burning Churches. The newest one was all they had, however.
Old February 22nd, 2007, 05:43 PM   #1786 (permalink)
~Derek~

What about Graveland's latest release?
Old February 22nd, 2007, 05:47 PM   #1787 (permalink)
Astrum
Psion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewizard View Post
What about Graveland's latest release?
Fire Chariot of Destruction. I finished listening to it about 45 min. ago, and it was kick-ass. Sig-worthy, even.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 08:46 AM   #1788 (permalink)
entanglement

Kroda

*pastes*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarohi View Post
I discovered a band called Kroda from Ukraine not too long ago. Their release 'Towards the Firmaments Verge of Life...' was excellent. Brilliant 'music' in the very true definition of the word. Very soothing.

I'm not into much 'pagan black metal', except for maybe drudkh if you want to consider them in that same league. How do you rate Kroda in that list?

And what other bands should one check out that can be categorised the same way?
I got my hands on the other CD too.. Cry To Me, River. Awesomeness to teh' brim.

Any other other similar bands? Me needs recommendations.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 10:19 AM   #1789 (permalink)
~Derek~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrum View Post
Fire Chariot of Destruction. I finished listening to it about 45 min. ago, and it was kick-ass. Sig-worthy, even.
Cool, I liked a song I head off it.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 10:35 AM   #1790 (permalink)
skeptik

It took me a few listens for it to properly grow on me, but it's very good. Not as good as Dawn Of Iron Blades, but great nonetheless. New album next month...
Old February 23rd, 2007, 10:54 AM   #1791 (permalink)
Astrum
Psion

I thought it was only third to In The Glare of Burning Churches and Dawn of Iron Blades personally. What time next month does the new one come out?
Old February 23rd, 2007, 01:16 PM   #1792 (permalink)
~Neurotica
perfectly insane

Aarohi, Kroda are pretty good, imo. They've got cool lyrics and all this folk stuff that they put in their music makes it very atmospheric.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 01:46 PM   #1793 (permalink)
entanglement

Agreed. I've been playing both their albums compulsively all day. They're brilliant.

Do you know any other similar bands I can check out? because I'm not sure if I've heard much from this particular genre.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 01:57 PM   #1794 (permalink)
~Neurotica
perfectly insane

Well, Drudkh and Nocturnal Mortum can stay near to that band, but I'm sure you've heard them already.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 02:53 PM   #1795 (permalink)
entanglement

Not Nocturnal Mortum. Any album recommendations?
Old February 23rd, 2007, 03:17 PM   #1796 (permalink)
~Neurotica
perfectly insane

Err, i'm not very familiar with them. Guys should know better.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 05:19 PM   #1797 (permalink)
MalignParadigm
Hardrocker

Quote:
Not Nokturnal Mortum. Any album recommendations?
Weltanshauung.

Will Stronger than Death (Graveland) was meant to be out some time during THIS fucking month.

And supposedly a split with Nokturnal Mortum, North and Temnozor is in the works, I can't wait.

Old February 23rd, 2007, 05:26 PM   #1798 (permalink)
~Neurotica
perfectly insane

True, Temnozor' are damn great, can't wait too.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 05:55 PM   #1799 (permalink)
Iron Chef Sakai
Banned

You know I thought the older stuff of Dimmu Borgir was pretty solid. I just might get the one album that has Spellbound and Mourning Palace songs.
Old February 23rd, 2007, 06:03 PM   #1800 (permalink)
Mort Divine

Quote:
Not Nocturnal Mortum. Any album recommendations?
All of their material is great, but Goat Horns and Mirovozzrenie (I prefer this to the English version) are the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no country for old wainds View Post
if i was the first black president id bust out some rhymes for my speech. the guy's missed an opportunity that will never come around again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens
PS I bet HamburgerBoy calls his mother's meatloaf a Boston Market clone