Ultimate Metal Forum  
UltimateMetal.com homeContact UltimateMetal.com

Ultimate Metal Zine Ultimate Metal Photo Gallery Ultimate Metal Classifieds Ultimate Metal Link Directory Ultimate Metal Events Ultimate Metal Radio Ultimate Metal Store

Sponsored Links

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > The Music > General Metal Discussion

Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack (16) Thread Tools
Old August 1st, 2012, 06:20 AM   #24526 (permalink)
Onder
In battle there is no lol

I would like to hear the opinion of originators of black metal on the fact that 20 years later a black metal album can be named "Quietly, Undramatically".

last.fm / The Onder‘s Texts
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old August 1st, 2012, 06:54 AM   #24527 (permalink)
Addo_Of_Nex
Fuck of Death

Pretty much everything in this sounds like the polar opposite of what comes to mind when I think of black metal. The most obvious deviations are the poppy Euro flower metal introduction and whatever sing-songy nonsense is going on during that bouncy section in the middle.

Edit: I finally got around to listening to the new Teitanblood EP a few times last night. Far too soon for any sound judgment, but it seems brilliant and at times rivals the most sinister selections of Seven Chalices, which I've come to feel is one of the most potent and moving extreme metal albums in recent memory.

Last edited by Addo_Of_Nex : August 1st, 2012 at 07:12 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old August 1st, 2012, 10:02 AM   #24528 (permalink)
Lateralus14
Banned

No mentions of Demoncy all year. You all make me sad
Old August 1st, 2012, 04:51 PM   #24529 (permalink)
Master_Yoda77
Jerking off to SKR

We are too busy listening to Woe to care.
True Doom Metal. For fans of Hour of 13, Reverend Bizarre, Cirith Ungol, Revelation, Witchfinder General. FOSD.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...2214502165672\
www.myspace.com/olorindoom

Old August 1st, 2012, 05:37 PM   #24530 (permalink)
The Butt
Boys, smokes, let's go!

and when one finds a guy to discuss shit with that shares same hobbies and likes Bach and Paysage d'Hiver too the guy will try to fuck her because no girl ever talked to him like that and probably even rape her because he's deranged and that sucks because he's ugly. I mean, Paysage de fucking HIVER. Ice cold anti-social. Should have seen it coming, bitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoda77 View Post
Haha, I'm glad that I have a negative influence on your life. Smoke Beers and worship Satan. Heavy metal vomit party drink a thousand beers.
Old August 1st, 2012, 05:48 PM   #24531 (permalink)
Onder

Those Linkin Park vocals. Very black metal.

Old August 1st, 2012, 11:43 PM   #24532 (permalink)
The Butt
Boys, smokes, let's go!

Linkin Park vocals... what?
and when one finds a guy to discuss shit with that shares same hobbies and likes Bach and Paysage d'Hiver too the guy will try to fuck her because no girl ever talked to him like that and probably even rape her because he's deranged and that sucks because he's ugly. I mean, Paysage de fucking HIVER. Ice cold anti-social. Should have seen it coming, bitch.
Quote:
Haha, I'm glad that I have a negative influence on your life. Smoke Beers and worship Satan. Heavy metal vomit party drink a thousand beers.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 06:29 AM   #24533 (permalink)
Onder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butt View Post
Linkin Park vocals... what?
In the middle of the first song? (Yes I got that far).

Old August 4th, 2012, 01:18 AM   #24534 (permalink)
MasterOLightning
Optimator

I like a lot of faggy and uncool black metal, but that Woe stuff is terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnromulans View Post
Asshole is bleeding from overuse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monoxide_child View Post
if it's a girl who's sleeping outside, or in a homeless shelter, you can take her to a cheap motel room that you've rented for one night, she'll have sex with you just so she can be in a motel room for a night
Old August 4th, 2012, 02:38 AM   #24535 (permalink)
The Butt
Boys, smokes, let's go!

Quote:
Old August 4th, 2012, 03:39 AM   #24536 (permalink)
KafkaX
Mr. Self Destruct

This Linkin Park talk reminds me of a dudes shirt I saw at MDF. Shit made me laugh so hard.

Old August 4th, 2012, 08:48 AM   #24537 (permalink)
Funerary_Doom

Currently digging Maniac Butcher's Masakre album.
Old August 4th, 2012, 12:13 PM   #24538 (permalink)
Mort Divine

Fans of Midnight take notice, if you've not already,

Quote:
Originally Posted by no country for old wainds View Post
if i was the first black president id bust out some rhymes for my speech. the guy's missed an opportunity that will never come around again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens
PS I bet HamburgerBoy calls his mother's meatloaf a Boston Market clone

Old August 5th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #24539 (permalink)
Master_Yoda77
Jerking off to SKR

Set is back. Fans of Profanatica, Incantation, and "True Blasphemic Death Metal" should enjoy.

True Doom Metal. For fans of Hour of 13, Reverend Bizarre, Cirith Ungol, Revelation, Witchfinder General. FOSD.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...2214502165672\
www.myspace.com/olorindoom

Old August 6th, 2012, 02:41 AM   #24540 (permalink)
The Butt
Boys, smokes, let's go!

Digging the shit out of both above videos.
Quote:
Old August 6th, 2012, 03:12 AM   #24541 (permalink)
KafkaX
Mr. Self Destruct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort Divine View Post
Fans of Midnight take notice, if you've not already,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZUwKOShrws
This shit was badass.
Old August 6th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #24542 (permalink)
wandering_taco
Minstrel of Woe

I would just like to say that I wholeheartedly approve of Deathspell Omega's latest EP. It's pretty epic for being so short.

http://www.last.fm/user/wandering_taco
http://www.youtube.com/user/Fatdustin?feature=mhum

Quote:
No, my friend.

Christian black metal is like taking the bud out of the blunt.
Old August 6th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #24543 (permalink)
Bitencourt29

Quote:
Originally Posted by KafkaX View Post
This shit was badass.
It was indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onder View Post
Oh come on. You said something about manliness in metal two days ago, in the gay lyrics thread and now you say you like new Nightwish. Fucking weirdo. Go fuck whores you poseur.
Old August 7th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #24544 (permalink)
Necroraven

New Behexen:

And some less known newer Finnish black metal:

Förgjord (very raw and simplistic):

Black Feast (Beherit, Revenge, Blasphemy etc. worship):

Angelscourge (in vein of Dissection, Mörk Gryning, Dark Funeral etc.):

Kadotus (very Finnish):

Old August 10th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #24545 (permalink)
Crinn
Psychotic Black Metaller

Black metal is the best music ever created. My personal favorite type is Depressive Black Metal.

My favorite black metal bands are: Darkthrone, 1349, Burzum, Enthroned, Gorgoroth, Inquisition, Naglfar, Merrimack, Ravencult, Watain, Gromm, Nokturnal Mortum, Lord Belial, Taake, Drudkh, Drowning the Light, Satanic Warmaster, Dark Fortress, Dark Funeral, Angantyr, Carpathian Forest, Behexen, and Waning.

My favorite depressive black metal artists are: Xasthur, Abyssic Hate, Suicidal Anorexia, Lamentations of the Ashen, Saol, Woods of Desolation, Astral Melancholy, Blutklinge, A Cloud Forest, Forgive Me, Gris, Hypothermia, Silencer, Life is Pain, Lost Inside, Velvet Cacoon, and Wintercult.

Of course, I like a lot of the symphonic black and progressive black stuff like: Ceremonial Castings, Agalloch, Deathspell Omega, Dimmu Borgir, Ihsahn, Keep of Kalessin, Shining, Throne of Molok, Bal Sagoth, Anorexia Nervosa, Old Man's Child, Mirrorthrone, and Emperor.

And thrash black and black death: Behemoth, Hellhammer, Belphegor, Marduk, Skeletonwitch, Melechesh, Bleeding Fist, and Goatwhore.

http://www.nylon-ice.blogspot.com
Old August 13th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #24546 (permalink)
crimsonfloyd

I'm really impressed by the new Panopticon, Kentucky. I think it's probably his best. The black metal tracks are really powerful and full of interesting twists and turns. There are also a bunch of straight up blue grass tracks, which are also really good. Sometimes the transitions between the two styles is a little odd and abrasive. I think he could of done a better job of blending the two elements, but that's really my only gripe with this recording.

Anyone else been listening to this? What do you think?

Old August 14th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #24547 (permalink)
ASD
observing the sabbath

What does everyone think of the new Enslaved song?

I for one am still fapping to it after countless listens. They just keep on getting better and better, you can't say that often about bands releasing their 12th album.
Old August 15th, 2012, 05:44 PM   #24548 (permalink)
Bitencourt29

^ It sounds really good. They've never released garbage, I enjoy all of their albums and ca't wait to listen to the new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onder View Post
Oh come on. You said something about manliness in metal two days ago, in the gay lyrics thread and now you say you like new Nightwish. Fucking weirdo. Go fuck whores you poseur.
Old August 15th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #24549 (permalink)
AllShallFall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crinn View Post
And thrash black and black death: Behemoth, Hellhammer, Belphegor, Marduk, Skeletonwitch, Melechesh, Bleeding Fist, and Goatwhore.
Sammy Duet of Goatwhore needs to front a black metal band. Listen to "My Name Is Frightful Among the Believers" from 1:30- 1:46 and 2:00-2:27. Fucking epic

Last edited by AllShallFall : August 15th, 2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old August 16th, 2012, 07:40 PM   #24550 (permalink)
KafkaX
Mr. Self Destruct

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonfloyd View Post
I'm really impressed by the new Panopticon, Kentucky. I think it's probably his best. The black metal tracks are really powerful and full of interesting twists and turns. There are also a bunch of straight up blue grass tracks, which are also really good. Sometimes the transitions between the two styles is a little odd and abrasive. I think he could of done a better job of blending the two elements, but that's really my only gripe with this recording.

Anyone else been listening to this? What do you think?
I couldnt get into it. It sounded good on paper (love the two influencing styles) but what I heard on YouTube didnt stick with me, it sounded fucking retarded.