Ultimate Metal Forum  
UltimateMetal.com homeContact UltimateMetal.com

Ultimate Metal Zine Ultimate Metal Photo Gallery Ultimate Metal Classifieds Ultimate Metal Link Directory Ultimate Metal Events Ultimate Metal Radio Ultimate Metal Store

Sponsored Links

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > The Music > General Metal Discussion

Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack (8) Thread Tools
Old June 5th, 2008, 02:59 PM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #4026 (permalink)
no country for old wainds
TREES DON'T PAY TAXES

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.V.V.V.V. View Post
The Scepter Of The Ancients is half-annoying, half-entertaining. The best part are the Scooby-Doo vocals.
lol. i absolutely hate it, it's pretty much the exact opposite of what i want out of death metal in every way
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 5th, 2008, 03:31 PM   #4027 (permalink)
Mort Divine

the riffs are cool and so are the vocals but the album lacks any uniting characteristics. It is all JUST cool riffs and vocals kind of thrown together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no country for old wainds View Post
if i was the first black president id bust out some rhymes for my speech. the guy's missed an opportunity that will never come around again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens
PS I bet HamburgerBoy calls his mother's meatloaf a Boston Market clone

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 5th, 2008, 03:38 PM   #4028 (permalink)
Death Delirium
Raagoonshinnaah.

I can't wait to get The Wacken Carnage cd/DVD. Bloodbath's first live show from 2005.

Ways To The Grave

So You Die

Breeding Death

old school fucking death metallll
Old June 5th, 2008, 03:48 PM   #4029 (permalink)
False Joe
Who cares.

A mate offered to buy it as a birthday present.
I made no complaints.
Hopefully it'll arrive soon
Old June 5th, 2008, 06:09 PM   #4030 (permalink)
Zhou Tai 04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_t View Post
I don't like Gory Blister that much. I always felt that their music is too shifty and they try too hard to be technical and change rhythm all the time. They're alright but it's like you listen to their songs and it sounds so disjointed. There's no flow in my opinion...
I would have to completely and utterly disagree with that. Their music makes perfect sense to me, and they are actually one of more straightforward tech death bands, so for someone to be saying that they, of all bands, are disjointed, is a little out of whack.
Old June 5th, 2008, 06:20 PM   #4031 (permalink)
V.V.V.V.V.
Houses Ov Mercury

Location: Encased Within A Mile-Deep Pit Of Feces (or, Lowell, MA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort Divine View Post
the riffs are cool and so are the vocals but the album lacks any uniting characteristics. It is all JUST cool riffs and vocals kind of thrown together.
+ overloud kick, NO FUCKING BASS (SERIOUSLY WHERE IS THE BASS WHAT THE BALLS), etc.

Old June 5th, 2008, 09:28 PM   #4032 (permalink)
Ben_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhou Tai 04 View Post
I would have to completely and utterly disagree with that. Their music makes perfect sense to me, and they are actually one of more straightforward tech death bands, so for someone to be saying that they, of all bands, are disjointed, is a little out of whack.
Well, I'm really not a big fan of tech death so that might be part of the problem. There's certainly a lot worse in the tech death genre. They do have interesting ideas at times but to me it just doesn't work as whole songs.
Old June 5th, 2008, 10:34 PM   #4033 (permalink)
HaggardBastard

Is anybody else into Portal? That bands sounds otherworldly. I would say that sections of Outre are so murky that they border on ambient, though by no means ambient in the electronic sense of the term. There's a pronounced Immolation/Incantation influence as well, and see those two names, especially Immolation, tossed around a lot here.

Also, I just got the debut, Seepia, in the mail today, but haven't gotten around to listening to it yet because Wormed's Planisphaerium is owning me.
Hm.. First of all I am not a man!! But yes I am the only horny being in Burzum. - Varg Vikernes, Putrefaction 'zine #7
Old June 5th, 2008, 10:58 PM   #4034 (permalink)
V.V.V.V.V.
Houses Ov Mercury

I think they're fucking pretentious and annoying. It's TOO dissonant and it really detracts because I like the idea of absurdist/Lewis Carroll-style metal aesthetics.

Wormed is better

Old June 5th, 2008, 10:58 PM   #4035 (permalink)
Ender Rises
Wass sappening?

Location: Athens, Greece. I wish. Athens, Texas, in cruel reality.
Quote:
Wormed is better
dot

Myspace|YouTube|Facebook|Last.FM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Crystal Ice View Post
I live in America, if you don't want to speak American you can go back to your cave in Afghanistan with your liberal terrorist buddies.
Old June 5th, 2008, 11:32 PM   #4036 (permalink)
Death Aflame
voice of dissent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhou Tai 04 View Post
Nah, I agree with Ben T--their is a palpable sense of that band trying way too hard to ascend to the level of intelligence exhibited in other technical death metal, resulting in a horribly hamfisted effort that constantly confounds the listener where clearly that aesthetic was not the intent.

Also, I should say that I adore Crimson Massacre--a band many find highly disjointed--so take my preceding comment with that in mind.
Old June 6th, 2008, 12:01 AM   #4037 (permalink)
HaggardBastard

Quote:
I think they're fucking pretentious and annoying. It's TOO dissonant and it really detracts because I like the idea of absurdist/Lewis Carroll-style metal aesthetics.

Wormed is better
While Wormed are incredible (holy fucking GOD Planisphaerium is a mindfuck), I still stand by Portal as one of the more innovative, interesting bands in death metal. The extreme dissonance is one of the things I like about Portal. V5, is that what you're talking about when you say they're pretentious?
Hm.. First of all I am not a man!! But yes I am the only horny being in Burzum. - Varg Vikernes, Putrefaction 'zine #7
Old June 6th, 2008, 12:12 AM   #4038 (permalink)
V.V.V.V.V.
Houses Ov Mercury

Read an interview with them, "Horror Illogium" is an asshat

I'm really psyched that you like Wormed that much, tbh

Old June 6th, 2008, 12:19 AM   #4039 (permalink)
HaggardBastard

Quote:
I'm really psyched that you like Wormed that much, tbh
Oh, christ, they're amazing. There's so much rhythmic variation on that record, but every riff is excellent and even memorable.
Old June 6th, 2008, 12:25 AM   #4040 (permalink)
V.V.V.V.V.
Houses Ov Mercury

I know the entire album by heart. I can hum every riff. I know every time change. I can decently emulate every vocal pattern. It's one of the best death metal albums ever.

Old June 6th, 2008, 04:29 AM   #4041 (permalink)
hazemovic

guys what do u think about Deathevocation they r very talented guys i just discovered them 2 days ago and am in love with em ... very dark music....
Old June 6th, 2008, 04:50 AM   #4042 (permalink)
Ender Rises
Wass sappening?

Location: Athens, Greece. I wish. Athens, Texas, in cruel reality.
Quote:
I know the entire album by heart. I can hum every riff. I know every time change. I can decently emulate every vocal pattern. It's one of the best death metal albums ever.
Yeah, since Seed showed them to me I've been pretty much addicted.

Myspace|YouTube|Facebook|Last.FM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Crystal Ice View Post
I live in America, if you don't want to speak American you can go back to your cave in Afghanistan with your liberal terrorist buddies.
Old June 6th, 2008, 08:12 AM   #4043 (permalink)
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazemovic View Post
guys what do u think about Deathevocation they r very talented guys i just discovered them 2 days ago and am in love with em ... very dark music....
The Chalice of Ages is a great album! It oozes with an ancient atmosphere that I love. If you don't have it yet, get it!
Old June 6th, 2008, 08:51 AM   #4044 (permalink)
Ben_t

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
The Chalice of Ages is a great album! It oozes with an ancient atmosphere that I love. If you don't have it yet, get it!
Agreed! They are definitely one of the best newer death metal bands and this album is really a must for any fan of death metal. I found The Chalice of Ages rather average as first but it quickly grew on me. I've rarely heard albums that last an hour seem so short.

Last edited by Ben_t : June 6th, 2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old June 6th, 2008, 08:52 AM   #4045 (permalink)
The Ozzman
Commander Smooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_t View Post
Agreed! They are definitely one of the best newer death metal bands and this album is really a must in any fan of death metal. I found The Chalice of Ages rather average as first but it quickly grew on me. I've rarely heard albums that last an hour seem so short.
Yeah, I noticed that too. I pop the fucker in the CD player and I look down again, like, 10 mins later and it's on track 5. I'm like, is the record really this fucking short?
Come on dude, you've been here long enough. You should know how this stuff works. The darkest, assholest tasting beer = the best. Only true metal accepted. Only blackest ov the black coffee accepted. I've noticed pretty much everything on this website is distorted reality from every other human being I've actually came into contact with.
This line will remain until Corrosion of Conformity (with Pepper) releases another album (4/15/08; amended 12/7/10)
Old June 6th, 2008, 09:39 AM   #4046 (permalink)
hazemovic

yea guys u r right ... the other band that i think is great too ''Slugathor'' very good band if u ask me.......... but i think Deathevocation is lil bit doomy but omg what a great band am so happy cause i discovered them....

Last edited by hazemovic : June 6th, 2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old June 6th, 2008, 11:50 AM   #4047 (permalink)
V.V.V.V.V.
Houses Ov Mercury

Yeah, Slugathor is great, but not on Deathevokation's emotion level.

Old June 6th, 2008, 12:58 PM   #4048 (permalink)
hazemovic

Quote:
Yeah, Slugathor is great, but not on Deathevokation's emotion level.
Word,btw is there any band impressed u like Deathevokation somethin' unique and new cause u seem to have a great taste
Old June 6th, 2008, 01:01 PM   #4049 (permalink)
V.V.V.V.V.
Houses Ov Mercury

They are fairly unique. Try out God Macabre.

Old June 6th, 2008, 07:35 PM   #4050 (permalink)
Death Aflame
voice of dissent

Quote:
I think [Portal] are fucking pretentious and annoying. It's TOO dissonant and it really detracts because I like the idea of absurdist/Lewis Carroll-style metal aesthetics.
I just re-listened to Outre and Seepia and I disagree with you. Yes they are dissonant, but it is not mindless dissonance, nor is that the only technique they employ to achieve their swirling omnipotent vortex of sound. I can see why people may not like them, but their is certainly something of substance beyond the obvious label of 'too dissonant'.