Ultimate Metal Forum  
UltimateMetal.com homeContact UltimateMetal.com

Ultimate Metal Zine Ultimate Metal Photo Gallery Ultimate Metal Classifieds Ultimate Metal Link Directory Ultimate Metal Events Ultimate Metal Radio Ultimate Metal Store

Sponsored Links

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > The Music > General Metal Discussion

Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 30th, 2012, 04:21 AM   #2226 (permalink)
Raina
Cineva de undeva.

Seeing Arcturus on 5th may

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 4th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #2227 (permalink)
Psychonaut
God Of Emptiness

Finally got to see Rammstein tonight. Dammit they put on a good show...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 4th, 2012, 12:45 AM   #2228 (permalink)
Der Morgenstern
Trailer Park Bacchus

I saw Negura Bunget last night.

Least it was free.
Old May 5th, 2012, 10:03 AM   #2229 (permalink)
zerostatic
Damned in Flames

Saw Embryonic Devourment, Battlecross, Aborted, Decrepit Birth and Cattle Decapitation the other night. All the bands played great shows. It was my first time seeing Aborted and in my opinion they stole the show. A great lineup, see this show if it comes to your city.
Old May 5th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #2230 (permalink)
PhlegethonVeins
Autopsy Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerostatic View Post
Saw Embryonic Devourment, Battlecross, Aborted, Decrepit Birth and Cattle Decapitation the other night. All the bands played great shows. It was my first time seeing Aborted and in my opinion they stole the show. A great lineup, see this show if it comes to your city.
Was hoping to travel to see this one but things didn't pan out.

Have Mares of Thrace coming up on the 26th, and Marduk on June 9th.

I am a god.
A prime being.
I shall impale you on the crumbled pillars
Of the millennium.
Old May 6th, 2012, 11:22 AM   #2231 (permalink)
Bitencourt29

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerostatic View Post
Yeah, Aborted played here a few months ago and it was really great. I'd really like to see Decrepit Birth's show...

Gonna see Decapitated on the 26th. I'm anticipating it, but Fucking producers picked a small, shitty venue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onder View Post
Oh come on. You said something about manliness in metal two days ago, in the gay lyrics thread and now you say you like new Nightwish. Fucking weirdo. Go fuck whores you poseur.
Old May 6th, 2012, 12:13 PM   #2232 (permalink)
natuk2011

hey guys, Guess the Bloodstock mystery 6-6-6 Headliner and win VIP tickets! http://team.bloodstock.uk.com/cc?t=11&m=111
Old May 7th, 2012, 10:05 PM   #2233 (permalink)
Psychonaut
God Of Emptiness

Small, intimate acoustic show with Geoff Tate tonight. Was great but wish he would have stuck around to sign stuff
Old May 11th, 2012, 02:13 PM   #2234 (permalink)
Sonolin

Just saw Decapitated/Baroness/Meshuggah at house of blues last week, man Decapitated KICKED ASS! I wish they were the headliners. Baroness were pretty good for what they are (wasn't too into them, but they were totally into their music and rocking out... definitely hard following up Decapitated but they had fun). Meshuggah were pretty good, were kinda boring (esp. compared to decapitated D but great show.

Went with my GF, she said Decapitated sounded like a pile of metal in a blender LOL... well kudos for her for staying the whole time, was freaking LOUD in that small venue.

Seeing a bunch of other bands this year too, Mayhem is gonna be amazing with Slayer/Anthrax/Slipknot headlining.
Old May 11th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #2235 (permalink)
Bitencourt29

^ Mayhem's shows are fucking insane, you'll certainly have a great time. Saw them like two years ago with Taake, unbelievable gig. I wouldn't mind seeing Meshuggah and Baroness. Can't wait to see Decapitated, just a few more days...

Quote:
Oh come on. You said something about manliness in metal two days ago, in the gay lyrics thread and now you say you like new Nightwish. Fucking weirdo. Go fuck whores you poseur.
Old May 12th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #2236 (permalink)
Hellhounds On My Trail
\m/ Greek Metalhead \m/

I saw Scott Kelly in an acoustic gig in Athens, I am not a fan but the show was great, I really enjoyed it!
Old June 18th, 2012, 04:17 PM   #2237 (permalink)
arg

Hellfest 2012

As They Burn - black dudes from France do deathcore. badass.

Emmure - deathcore with nu-metal influences. pretty heavy and groovy.

Death Angel - true thrash metal. soooo fucking good. 3/5 are my brothers from another mother!

Sacred Reich - okay
crowd
mummy

Vomitory - alright but gets monotonous after awhile.

Aborted - brutal as hell. holy shit! one of my favorites.

Within Temptation - i was huge fan when i was younger and it was nice to finally see them live. i sang along unashamedly lol.

Machine Head - awesome fucking show. their songs really pump up the crowd.

"IT FEELS GOOD TO BE ALIIIIVE!!!"
burning cross
Behemoth - i saw them 2 years ago on the big stage and now they were on a side stage and it was so much more intense. they had pyrodynamics, burning crosses, and no-hair Nergal had a real evil presence.

Hour of Penance - young italian dudes do blackened death metal and it was so fucking great i bought their cd.

All Shall Perish - good show but they didnt play some songs i wanted to hear. so much dust from the circle pit/wall of death.

Blood Red Throne - awesome band! perfect balance of brutality, speed and groove in death metal. and the vocalist was drunk and funny as hell.

Hatebreed - meh
girl bra 1
girl bra 2

Anaal Nathrakh - this was the most intense and apocalyptic black metal i have ever heard in my life. the vocalist is fucking insane. should check out their discography.

Dying Fetus - i was expecting them to be brutal as fuck and they were exactly that!

Devildriver - surprisingly good. crowd-friendly songs that are sufficiently heavy.

Trivium - they put on a cool show though Matt is kinda cheesy lol.

Ihsahn - he's got this atmospheric and proggy thing going on, together with death backup vocals, clean backup vocals, his own clean vocals, and his signature "shouting black metal" vocals. very nice.

Suffocation - second time seeing them and they are incredible as ever! lol Frank and his funny song introductions.

at this point my battery died so was unable to take more pics. fffuuuuu...

Arcturus - atmospheric and proggy as well. his voice is just beautiful. he does occasional black metal vocals too.

Children of Bodom - extremely entertaining show, quite impressive.

Dimmu Borgir - i was really looking forward to them, screaming like a fanboy. opened with Mourning Palace and went on with Vredesbyrd, Kings of the Carnival Creation, 3 songs from the new record and a couple more that escape me at the moment. i went fucking nuts as i sang along to "hatred, darkness and despair" into chugging riff of Serpentine Offering. they finished with Progenies of the Great Apocalypse, and Shagrath fucked up the lyrics a little but nobody gave a fuck. awesome end to an awesome festival.

Last edited by arg : June 18th, 2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old June 18th, 2012, 04:27 PM   #2238 (permalink)
darkno

Symphony X - 2 weeks ago..
Old June 18th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #2239 (permalink)
ASD
observing the sabbath

coming up...

Iron Maiden - June 27th
Death (To All Tour) - June 28th
Agalloch - July 26th
Old June 20th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #2240 (permalink)
AllShallFall

Past:
-March 10, 2009 - Slipknot w/ Trivium & Coheed and Cambria
-July 9, 2011 - Mayhem Festival 2011
-September 25, 2011 - Dream Theater w/ Trivium
-April 26, 2012 - Mastodon & Opeth w/ Ghost

Upcoming:
-June 30, 2012 - Mayhem Festival 2012
-Probably many others
Old June 21st, 2012, 08:45 AM   #2241 (permalink)
Pyro Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by aug View Post
Hellfest 2012
Ive never been to Hellfest but i always look forward to it for the new Darkspace live footage.

Old June 21st, 2012, 09:46 AM   #2242 (permalink)
Krigloch the Furious
I want chocolate

Re: The concerts thread

Im so tired of bands not coming to St Louis. Pathetic
Old June 30th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #2243 (permalink)
crimsonfloyd

Saw Deafheaven, Asiwyfa, Chelsea Wolfe and Russian Circles last night. Hadn't heard Asiwyfa or Russian Cirlces before; mostly went for Chelsea Wolfe, but I liked Deafheaven's debut and wanted to see them as well.

Deafheaven was decent, but I wasn't blown away. The vocalist has sort of a strange stage presence and a lot of the metal parts were not well mixed. Also, I feel like sometimes they just throw three minutes of post rock onto the beginning or end of a black metal track, but they don't do the best job of integrating the sounds. The drummer was really, really good though.

Asifwyfa are instrumental math rock/ metal band from Ireland and were really good. Excellent energy, chemistry and timing. I definitely want to check out their album now and would recommend seeing them live to anyone who is into that style.

Chelsea Wolfe was excellent. Her music has been described as gothic folk or doom folk. She's just sort of artist where whatever kind of emotion her song expresses you feel very intensely. She seemed unsatisfied with the mix but it sounded fine to me. Met her after the show and she was really down to earth and gracious.

Russian Circles was a solid live show, but I don't feel that they're doing anything special. If you've heard Red Sparrowes, Pelican etc. then you can't help but feel like Russian Circles is second hat. Still, it was enjoyable enough concert.

My summer and early fall concert schedule includes: Iron Maiden, Dead Can Dance, Fiona Apple, Swans and Agalloch. Pretty excited for the next few months of shows.
Old July 7th, 2012, 05:54 AM   #2244 (permalink)
Raina
Cineva de undeva.

I'm going to Brutal Assault, 8-11 august, Czech Rep; afterwards, maybe to this fest:

Old July 9th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #2245 (permalink)
Bitencourt29

Saw Lacerated and Carbonized, Incantation and Immolation last night. Fucking great evening.

Lacerated and Carbonized are a Rio de Janeiro band, young and promising, pretty good old school DM.

Both classic bands played awesome sets. Incantation is my favorite, so I had a really great time seeing them again. Immolation played a huge set (21 songs!), a lot of classics. Alex Bouks joined us after the Incantation show and watched the Immo gig until the end. Great guy, he had a few beers with us during the set.

Quote:
Old July 9th, 2012, 11:09 PM   #2246 (permalink)
ASD
observing the sabbath

The Death To All show at Irving Plaza in New York was fucking hell. Something happened to the AC system and it was hot and humid as balls in there. My fingers pruned from the sweat and my clothes were drenched. Despite all that, the crowd/pits probably had the most energy of any concert I've been too. Amazing show despite one of the guitars being incredibly low in the mix.
Old July 10th, 2012, 10:46 AM   #2247 (permalink)
Onder
In battle there is no lol

Czech kvlt metal elite will gather this saturday to witness two norwegian black metal bands Mare and One Tail One Head along with support from Cult of Fire. I'm going to the show with Master_Yoda. It will rule.

last.fm / The Onder‘s Texts
Old July 10th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #2248 (permalink)
Master_Yoda77
Jerking off to SKR

Prague will be destroyed.
True Doom Metal. For fans of Hour of 13, Reverend Bizarre, Cirith Ungol, Revelation, Witchfinder General. FOSD.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...2214502165672\
www.myspace.com/olorindoom

Old July 11th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #2249 (permalink)
Bitencourt29

^ Sounds fucking amazing. Have fun you sick, lucky bastards.

Quote:
Old July 14th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #2250 (permalink)
Harley D

Last couple of shows I attended:

http://thatdevilmusic.net/2012/07/14...l-richmond-va/

http://thatdevilmusic.net/2012/07/01...ashington-d-c/

http://welovemetal.com