Ultimate Metal Forum  
UltimateMetal.com homeContact UltimateMetal.com

Ultimate Metal Zine Ultimate Metal Photo Gallery Ultimate Metal Classifieds Ultimate Metal Link Directory Ultimate Metal Events Ultimate Metal Radio Ultimate Metal Store

Sponsored Links

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > The Music > General Metal Discussion

Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 13th, 2009, 12:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Hubster

It's over: Negura Bunget split.

This is awful, awful news. Imo one of the most unique bands in all of extreme metal, let alone Black Metal, to die in ashes like this. Noooooooooo! Not happy!

From http://www.terrorizer.com/content/negura-bunget-split

Quote:

It's a black, black day for black metal - the Romanian black metal band Negura Bunget has split after an unreconcilable disagreement between Sol Faur and Hupogrammos and percussionist Negru. Louise Brown spoke to Hupogrammos, who is completely devastated by turn of events.

He told Terrorizer that at Roadburn festival, which became their last performance together, "we knew it already, we had - I cannot call it a fight, as I am not a fighting person - but we had this disagreement already on the tour and we knew it would be our last show."

He then went on to explain that the band had decided to put out the statement below, but instead the split has been turned, in Hupogrammos's words into a "a public scandal. I am not interested in this public shit like what happened with Gorgororth but I cannot remain receiving his [meaning Negru's] hits, so I have killed my baby of fifteen years."

Speaking about the band's last performance at Roadburn Hupogrammos had this to say:

"I cannot tell a lie, it was an emotional moment for me, I was making many more mistakes than before. It was great to be part of this festival. What they are doing is really great, full of professional bands and professional atmosphere."

He ended our conversation saying, "I'm really sorry for people listening to Negura Bunget now, I do not want this to ruin the music. I was trying to avoid this scandal, it was not on our purpose that it has happened this way. Negura Bunget is something that should remain sacred and I wanted to present it for the people like that."

This statement can be found on Sol Faur's blog - see links below.

This statement is signed by Sol Faur and myself (Hupogrammos). Our aim is to shed light on the recent developments in relation to Negura Bunget. We also want to prevent further abuse of the name Negura Bunget and our past activities. Our decision should be well understood and fans and media have a right to be correctly informed of the current development. We owe this to the public and Negura Bunget itself. There is no intention to turn this into a personal issue between us and our former drummer Negru. We do not wish to create a public scandal, but a line has been crossed and it is time now to stand up and fight for what we believe in.

With the last "official" Negura Bunget statement, things went too far. The selfish and greedy acts of a single person are doing too much harm. We cannot accept how our issues were presented to the world. In truth our gesture to step aside from the band was generated by the selfish behavior of our drummer Negru and by his lack of ability to connect, to work in a team as well as by his lack of honesty.

We initially intended to remain silent on the reasons of our split. We all agreed to end our joined work and to release a simple and unspectacular statement to the press in order to prevent our personal animosity to become part of the story. It was agreed by all that none of the members would use the name "Negura Bunget" ever again in the future since the band as an entity was comprised by all three of its members. Negru's act of making a public statement that is completely different from what has been agreed upon proves once more a total lack of respect for the other members of our and his own band. It proves his honor to be questionable as his acts are serving only his personal interest.

Our own statement, which we had sent to Negru for approval and adjustment, looked like this:

“After fifteen years of experience in the metal scene Negura Bunget decided to end its activity. Negru will continue with his own project called Din Brad, while Hupogrammos and Sol Faur will continue the direction of the band under a different name that will be announced at a later date. The band would like to thank everybody, who supported and believed in Negura Bunget and invites you to follow our further musical activities.”

Unfortunately we did not have the chance to see his final statement before it was sent. We were unable to change or to prevent it from becoming public in that form. Being in charge of all the logistic part of our work (i.e. all our contacts, our Myspace page, our official website, our newsletter and activities of Negura Music) Negru was entitled to send our statement to the media and to the public. However, he didn't consult us before posting a statement that did not care about our opinion, even though his statement makes believe this was a mutual decision.

We think that it would have been much more natural, peaceful and wise decision, if he would have simply continued his musical activities under a new name or under the name "Din Brad". In this regard we would like to express our deepest regret and disappointment that two of our guest musicians, whom we collaborated with during the last years, accepted to join his sham. Nevertheless we consider it to be very inappropriate for them to continue performing songs that were composed by those members leaving the band. It is truly sad to see that the band is now becoming a personal business for our former drummer. He never was and he will never be Negura Bunget by himself. If this is the spiritual endeavor which he is talking about, then this is a serious insult to the very name of Negura Bunget and an unforgivable contradiction to the cultural and spiritual concepts that Negura Bunget was standing for during all these years. It means an injury to us, the past members that dedicated 15 years of their lives to support and sustain an elevated path. It means an injury to anybody, who believed in what we were doing and maybe most of all it is a wounding of Spirit and Transcendence, the path that Negura Bunget was honored to dedicate its very existence to.

We, Sol Faur and Hupogrammos, who have composed nearly all music and written the lyrics of and for Negura Bunget herewith, declare that this band is dead. Any continuation of it just means a sham and a fake in our eyes.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 13th, 2009, 01:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Alteredmindeath
Pathfinder Chronicler

in memory.. I shall wander into the forest listening....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 13th, 2009, 01:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Nachthexen

Aww this sucks!! They were fucking good...
Old May 13th, 2009, 02:49 AM   #4 (permalink)
Perdition's Light
dinosaur jr.

at least they never made a bad album.
Old May 13th, 2009, 05:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Hypnos
steck ihn nei!

fuck this is so devastating! this is a black day for metal...

they were such an incredibly good and unique band.
i'm glad i've seen them live three times last year
Old May 13th, 2009, 06:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
StoneWoman

Well, this happened about one week ago or so. Actually, the initial news looked like this:
"Negura Bunget official statement

This has to be one of the most difficult messages to be written. We are sorry to announce that Hupogrammos and Sol Faur have ended their journey along Negura Bunget. Our paths are now apart. We wish them all the best on their new endeavors (their new project will be announced at a later time).

Meanwhile, a new Negura Bunget line-up is assembled, which will continue the path started almost 15 years ago. Rest assure, we are keen to prove there is more to be said by this band, and we will work to fulfill our spiritual endeavor relentlessly.

All Negura Bunget scheduled plans (concerts, festivals, contracts with Aural Music/Code666 Records and Prophecy Productions/Lupus Lounge) will be completed in the new formula. New website and myspace page are developed and will soon be online.

Negru, of behalf of Negura Bunget.

The new official Negura Bunget line-up is:

Corb - guitars/vocals
Spin - guitars
Gadinet - bass
Inia Dinia - keyboards
Ageru Pamanatului - vocals/pipes/percussions/xylophone
Negru - drums/percussions

A word from Hupogrammos and Sol Faur: We would like to thank everybody who supported and believed in Negura Bunget and invite you to follow our further musical activities."

Then, an update, a couple of days later, from Hupogrammos and Sol's side, was the one Hubster posted. Anyhow, this issue has been debated quite a lot on a Romanian metal site. I personally don't know if it's gonna turn into another Gorgoroth history, with changed names and all, but some of the ones who posted really think Negru was the one behind this band and some actually praise the new line-up. I don't know, but either Sol Faur and Hupogrammos, or Negru and the new band will probably keep on doing music in the same style. We can't pretend it will be just the same from now on of course, but dunno, maybe it won't just end like this.

/edit: The quote above was taken from metalhead.ro, just in case someone wants to check.
Old May 13th, 2009, 09:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
unknown
onderers

we already talked about this in the black metal thread, but I'll say it again...definitely sad news. Negura Bunget wrote, in my opinion, some of the best and most spiritual black metal the world has seen in the last ten years

This line will remain in my sig until Ozz takes his down [4/17/08]
Old May 13th, 2009, 10:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Hubster

I'd go as far as to say "ever". I don't think anyone has fused spirituality and metal like these guys did. Totally in a world of their own.
Old May 13th, 2009, 10:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
genocide roach
DOOOOOOOOOOM

FUCK!

thats all i can really say...
~gR~
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Einherjar86
Winter is Coming

Damn.

Theory: http://borrowingfromthefuture.blogspot.com/

Fiction: http://roadsidepicnictalks.blogspot.com/
Old May 13th, 2009, 12:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Savern
Dr. Death in training

Sol Faur and Hupogrammos are going to continue working together however, so hopefully we might see some more brilliant material in a year or so. How influential Negru was I don't know however. Still a shame for a band to break up like this, I had the pleasure of meeting Hupogrammos at Wacken when he was in the crowd watching Primordial

Old May 14th, 2009, 06:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
Hypnos
steck ihn nei!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubster View Post
I'd go as far as to say "ever". I don't think anyone has fused spirituality and metal like these guys did. Totally in a world of their own.
i agree completely! i'd also add no other band (besides Primordial) was able to transport atmosphere and emotions in such captivating way on stage as they did
Old May 14th, 2009, 07:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
beast from the east

This is a damn shame Their music is so deep and emotional, kind of like the aforementioned Priomrdial (who I would give up both testes to see live - well, maybe not, but I imagine they put on an AWESOME live performance )
Old May 14th, 2009, 08:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
Raoul Duke
The Weedian

I was never a fan.

/useless post
Old May 14th, 2009, 08:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
Omni
Song to the Siren

Lightbulb

The debut album is my favorite, but I liked everything they've released. I'll look forward to new music from Huppogrammos and Sol Faur, and maybe Negru will release something worthwhile as well despite being a faggot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Omni rules. She says what I am too nice to say, but want to.
Old May 15th, 2009, 06:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
Eviscerater

Good riddance. Overly long & drawn-out emotionless drone.
Old May 15th, 2009, 06:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
BeliUmberto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviscerater View Post
THIS !!! Definitely. Glad to see someone else shares my opinion on this band ^^
Old May 15th, 2009, 07:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
Hypnos
steck ihn nei!

Quote:
total bullshit. go to a doctor and let him check your ears
Old May 17th, 2009, 03:54 AM   #19 (permalink)
Hubster

Quote:
Come back to us when your post count is MUCH higher than 3.
Old May 17th, 2009, 07:42 AM   #20 (permalink)
Uthark

Yeah spamming the GMD social forum will make your opinion valid.
Old May 17th, 2009, 09:52 AM   #21 (permalink)
Srontgorrth

RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Drunkard View Post
I'm glad I was able contributed to its awesomeness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vihris-gari View Post
Well I am the kvltest mvtherfvcker on this board, who has more exclvsive access to black metal bands of a <500 listener base than Dodens could ever dream ov. It is no wonder that I could address this dear lady's qvery.
Old May 17th, 2009, 10:08 AM   #22 (permalink)
Einherjar86
Winter is Coming

Quote:
Run along junior.

Theory: http://borrowingfromthefuture.blogspot.com/

Fiction: http://roadsidepicnictalks.blogspot.com/