Ultimate Metal Forum  
UltimateMetal.com homeContact UltimateMetal.com

Ultimate Metal Zine Ultimate Metal Photo Gallery Ultimate Metal Classifieds Ultimate Metal Link Directory Ultimate Metal Events Ultimate Metal Radio Ultimate Metal Store

Sponsored Links

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > The Music > General Metal Discussion > GMD Social Forum

Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 16th, 2008, 04:08 PM   #26 (permalink)
skeptik

Sudden death, wow.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 16th, 2008, 04:09 PM   #27 (permalink)
The Ozzman
Commander Smooth

Yeah, Mediate is a faggot for missing that putt.
Come on dude, you've been here long enough. You should know how this stuff works. The darkest, assholest tasting beer = the best. Only true metal accepted. Only blackest ov the black coffee accepted. I've noticed pretty much everything on this website is distorted reality from every other human being I've actually came into contact with.
This line will remain until Corrosion of Conformity (with Pepper) releases another album (4/15/08; amended 12/7/10)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 16th, 2008, 04:10 PM   #28 (permalink)
skeptik

Like that was easy. Mediate's actually putted better than Tiger today, though neither player has hit any that were particularly impressive.
Old June 16th, 2008, 04:20 PM   #29 (permalink)
Caecius
Doomed Traveler

Chokeee
Old June 16th, 2008, 04:29 PM   #30 (permalink)
The Ozzman
Commander Smooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necuratul View Post
Like that was easy. Mediate's actually putted better than Tiger today, though neither player has hit any that were particularly impressive.
I know putts like that aren't easy. I can barely make 8 footers half the time.

Tiger pulled it out again. Mediate impressed me though. Usually he's been in situations like yesterday and fucking choked (see: 2006 Master's)
Come on dude, you've been here long enough. You should know how this stuff works. The darkest, assholest tasting beer = the best. Only true metal accepted. Only blackest ov the black coffee accepted. I've noticed pretty much everything on this website is distorted reality from every other human being I've actually came into contact with.
This line will remain until Corrosion of Conformity (with Pepper) releases another album (4/15/08; amended 12/7/10)
Old June 16th, 2008, 04:30 PM   #31 (permalink)
The Ozzman
Commander Smooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by howudoin1861 View Post
Chokeee
Hardly.
Old June 16th, 2008, 04:48 PM   #32 (permalink)
skeptik

Mediate put out an amazing performance this past weekend, he really has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. That was probably one of the greatest tournaments ever played.
Old June 16th, 2008, 05:17 PM   #33 (permalink)
Ender Rises
Wass sappening?

Location: Athens, Greece. I wish. Athens, Texas, in cruel reality.
This is the first time I've ever watched golf and was entertained. Good stuff. I caught the 18th and the Sudden Death.

Myspace|YouTube|Facebook|Last.FM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Crystal Ice View Post
I live in America, if you don't want to speak American you can go back to your cave in Afghanistan with your liberal terrorist buddies.
Old June 16th, 2008, 08:06 PM   #34 (permalink)
muzmaze
pyramontyrsuidvan

I've been playing Golf for years and love it. I actually really enjoy watching it...esp the 4-majors. Give me the back nine on Sunday during a Major Championship...that is great tv! The US Open Championship will go down as one of the best Majors ever.

Golf does take athletism but it is the ultimate mental game esp if played at a high level. It is also the ultimate hang with the boys game (19th being my fav hole), and can be fun if you don't take it too seriously.

Those who say its boring or its a fags game...I totaly disagree. Its funny how just about every Pro athlete in other sports try, play, and spend much time working on the game of Golf...and marvel at the PGA and what some of these guys do...esp the top players in the world.

Upon my pages blood is stained, this way some honour will remain- Tyr

Last edited by muzmaze : June 16th, 2008 at 08:10 PM.
Old June 17th, 2008, 03:18 AM   #35 (permalink)
MasterOLightning
Optimator

I'm so sick of Tiger Woods. It's too bad Mediate didn't win. He could hang his hat on that for the rest of his life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnromulans View Post
Asshole is bleeding from overuse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monoxide_child View Post
if it's a girl who's sleeping outside, or in a homeless shelter, you can take her to a cheap motel room that you've rented for one night, she'll have sex with you just so she can be in a motel room for a night
Old June 17th, 2008, 09:11 AM   #36 (permalink)
muzmaze
pyramontyrsuidvan

It would have been cool for Rocco if he pulled out the win...but I was rooting for Tiger as usual. I can see people being sick of Tiger, but I go the other way and appreciate his dominance and greatness in the sport. He is already one of the alltime great performers in sports and may be the greatest ever when finished...above guys like Nicklaus, Jordan, Ali, Russell, etc.
He is very intelligent, professional, and I really like the fact how he recognized, studied, respects and appreciates the players and champions who came before him.

Old June 17th, 2008, 09:15 AM   #37 (permalink)
The Ozzman
Commander Smooth

Nicklaus was better because he won all those tournaments using inferior technology. Woods hasn't had to deal with that aspect of it.
Old June 17th, 2008, 09:25 AM   #38 (permalink)
muzmaze
pyramontyrsuidvan

...and don't forget the fact Nicklaus had an elite group of Palmer, Player, Trevino, Watson, et al to deal with all the time and he still has the most majors. That being said, I just think Tiger is and will be the best ever, despite the technology, generation, competion issues etc. His impact on the game is second to none.

Old June 17th, 2008, 09:27 AM   #39 (permalink)
The Ozzman
Commander Smooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzmaze View Post
...and don't forget the fact Nicklaus had an elite group of Palmer, Player, Trevino, Watson, et al to deal with all the time and he still has the most majors. That being said, I just think Tiger is and will be the best ever, despite the technology, generation, competion issues etc. His impact on the game is second to none.
I'm not denying his impact. He brought a resurgence to golf that has certainly helped to put it back in the spotlight. He's definitely one of the top 5 golfers ever.
Old June 17th, 2008, 10:13 AM   #40 (permalink)
skeptik

So what golfers is Tiger facing that don't have the same technology? He's not playing against Nicklaus, so the difference of technology between the two is a retarded argument. I think that Tiger is the better player.
Old June 17th, 2008, 10:27 AM   #41 (permalink)
King Richard
Always against the wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ozzman View Post
Nicklaus was better because he won all those tournaments using inferior technology. Woods hasn't had to deal with that aspect of it.
Sorry but that is a retarded argument. They were all on an even playing field.

edit: Figures that the one time I don't read all of the posts someone beats me to a reply. Oh well, what nec said.
Old June 17th, 2008, 10:46 AM   #42 (permalink)
The Ozzman
Commander Smooth

I'm saying that between 1930 and 1970, technology didn't change much in golf. Since then, new technology has been created and improved upon at a very rapid rate. They didn't have clubheads that were 500 cubic centimeters back then. Ball technology wasn't as advanced as it is now, etc. Nicklaus was using inferior technology compared to golfers now. He used what he liked, not what was new or 'better' at the time. I think if you give Tiger the same technology, they would be equal or Nicklaus would be slightly better.
Old June 17th, 2008, 10:51 AM   #43 (permalink)
skeptik

But that is irrelevant, because Tiger's competitors use the same technology. The playing field is as even now as it was when Nicklaus played, because everyone had access to the same technology. Obviously a one to one comparison between Tiger Woods and Jack Nicklaus can't be done because of the difference of technology between the two, but within their respective generations, they can be compared to each other based on their competitors, for example, by how dominant they are. What I'm saying is that just because Tiger Woods uses more advanced technology doesn't mean he's winning more championships.
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:07 AM   #44 (permalink)
The Ozzman
Commander Smooth

It makes it easier for him to win tournaments. I mean, 300 yards back in the 70s was a long drive. Now you have golfers hitting 300 on the fly and then it rolls 30-40 yards. I mean, you give him steel shafted, metal-headed woods (not the heads now that have titanium or other assorted alloys in them) and he probably would lose about 25-30 yards of distance easily. Granted, he's pretty flexible and can get a good amount of clubhead speed and rotation because of it, which is greatly attributable to how far the ball goes as well, so he might not.

But then you have the other side of the argument where some of his competitors use identical technology and can't hit it as far as he can because of a lesser degree of flexibility, upper body strength or what have you.
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:10 AM   #45 (permalink)
King Richard
Always against the wind

You can't forget that everyone and their mother tries out for these tournaments too. Golf has done nothing but grow in popularity over the years, so the fields are massive, even more so than what Nicklaus had to deal with. That in itself reduces your chances of winning significantly.
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:16 AM   #46 (permalink)
skeptik

Quote:
It makes it easier for him to win tournaments. I mean, 300 yards back in the 70s was a long drive. Now you have golfers hitting 300 on the fly and then it rolls 30-40 yards. I mean, you give him steel shafted, metal-headed woods (not the heads now that have titanium or other assorted alloys in them) and he probably would lose about 25-30 yards of distance easily. Granted, he's pretty flexible and can get a good amount of clubhead speed and rotation because of it, which is greatly attributable to how far the ball goes as well, so he might not.

But then you have the other side of the argument where some of his competitors use identical technology and can't hit it as far as he can because of a lesser degree of flexibility, upper body strength or what have you.
Everybody playing today has the same resources. Therefore, everybody has the same chance of winning. Tiger wins because he's more skilled. This is very simple, and you're a smart man, Ozzman, so you should probably just agree with me here, because I'm right. Tiger isn't helped any more than any other player is or could be today. I doubt that he would be doing any worse in terms of winning if everybody today was using the technology of Jack Nicklaus' era.
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:19 AM   #47 (permalink)
The Ozzman
Commander Smooth

Do you ever think you're wrong?
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:19 AM   #48 (permalink)
King Richard
Always against the wind

This probably doesn't matter but, Tiger has been using the same putter since he became a pro.
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:21 AM   #49 (permalink)
The Ozzman
Commander Smooth

Putting is definitely the hardest thing to do in golf. That and hitting out of the sand uphill from a fairway bunker
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:29 AM   #50 (permalink)
skeptik

Quote:
Do you ever think you're wrong?
Explain to me how everybody using the same technology gives Tiger Woods an advantage over everybody else using the same technology. Please. I would love to hear you explain this.