Ultimate Metal Forum  
UltimateMetal.com homeContact UltimateMetal.com
 
Ultimate Metal Zine Ultimate Metal Photo Gallery Ultimate Metal Classifieds Ultimate Metal Link Directory Ultimate Metal Events Ultimate Metal Radio Ultimate Metal Store

Sponsored Links

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > The Music > General Metal Discussion > GMD Social Forum


Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 16th, 2008, 04:08 PM   #26 (permalink)
skeptik
Senior Member
 
skeptik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 24,416
Sudden death, wow.
skeptik is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 04:09 PM   #27 (permalink)
The Ozzman
Commander Smooth
 
The Ozzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: USS Enterprise-D
Posts: 23,402
Yeah, Mediate is a faggot for missing that putt.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow View Post
Come on dude, you've been here long enough. You should know how this stuff works. The darkest, assholest tasting beer = the best. Only true metal accepted. Only blackest ov the black coffee accepted. I've noticed pretty much everything on this website is distorted reality from every other human being I've actually came into contact with.
This line will remain until Corrosion of Conformity (with Pepper) releases another album (4/15/08; amended 12/7/10)
The Ozzman is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 04:10 PM   #28 (permalink)
skeptik
Senior Member
 
skeptik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 24,416
Like that was easy. Mediate's actually putted better than Tiger today, though neither player has hit any that were particularly impressive.
skeptik is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 04:20 PM   #29 (permalink)
Caecius
Doomed Traveler
 
Caecius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 1,457
Chokeee
Caecius is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 04:29 PM   #30 (permalink)
The Ozzman
Commander Smooth
 
The Ozzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: USS Enterprise-D
Posts: 23,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necuratul View Post
Like that was easy. Mediate's actually putted better than Tiger today, though neither player has hit any that were particularly impressive.
I know putts like that aren't easy. I can barely make 8 footers half the time.

Tiger pulled it out again. Mediate impressed me though. Usually he's been in situations like yesterday and fucking choked (see: 2006 Master's)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow View Post
Come on dude, you've been here long enough. You should know how this stuff works. The darkest, assholest tasting beer = the best. Only true metal accepted. Only blackest ov the black coffee accepted. I've noticed pretty much everything on this website is distorted reality from every other human being I've actually came into contact with.
This line will remain until Corrosion of Conformity (with Pepper) releases another album (4/15/08; amended 12/7/10)
The Ozzman is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 04:30 PM   #31 (permalink)
The Ozzman
Commander Smooth
 
The Ozzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: USS Enterprise-D
Posts: 23,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by howudoin1861 View Post
Chokeee
Hardly.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow View Post
Come on dude, you've been here long enough. You should know how this stuff works. The darkest, assholest tasting beer = the best. Only true metal accepted. Only blackest ov the black coffee accepted. I've noticed pretty much everything on this website is distorted reality from every other human being I've actually came into contact with.
This line will remain until Corrosion of Conformity (with Pepper) releases another album (4/15/08; amended 12/7/10)
The Ozzman is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 04:48 PM   #32 (permalink)
skeptik
Senior Member
 
skeptik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 24,416
Mediate put out an amazing performance this past weekend, he really has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. That was probably one of the greatest tournaments ever played.
skeptik is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 05:17 PM   #33 (permalink)
Ender Rises
Wass sappening?
 
Ender Rises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Athens, Greece. I wish. Athens, Texas, in cruel reality.
Posts: 9,091
This is the first time I've ever watched golf and was entertained. Good stuff. I caught the 18th and the Sudden Death.
__________________
You are fucking worthless. I don't give a fuck about you.

Myspace|YouTube|Facebook|Last.FM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Crystal Ice View Post
I live in America, if you don't want to speak American you can go back to your cave in Afghanistan with your liberal terrorist buddies.
Ender Rises is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2008, 08:06 PM   #34 (permalink)
muzmaze
pyramontyrsuidvan
 
muzmaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: N.H., USA
Posts: 3,201
I've been playing Golf for years and love it. I actually really enjoy watching it...esp the 4-majors. Give me the back nine on Sunday during a Major Championship...that is great tv! The US Open Championship will go down as one of the best Majors ever.

Golf does take athletism but it is the ultimate mental game esp if played at a high level. It is also the ultimate hang with the boys game (19th being my fav hole), and can be fun if you don't take it too seriously.

Those who say its boring or its a fags game...I totaly disagree. Its funny how just about every Pro athlete in other sports try, play, and spend much time working on the game of Golf...and marvel at the PGA and what some of these guys do...esp the top players in the world.
__________________

Upon my pages blood is stained, this way some honour will remain- Tyr

Last edited by muzmaze : June 16th, 2008 at 08:10 PM.
muzmaze is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2008, 03:18 AM   #35 (permalink)
MasterOLightning
Optimator
 
MasterOLightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Chicago
Posts: 6,629
I'm so sick of Tiger Woods. It's too bad Mediate didn't win. He could hang his hat on that for the rest of his life.
__________________
myspace.com/nightharvest

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnromulans View Post
Asshole is bleeding from overuse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monoxide_child View Post
if it's a girl who's sleeping outside, or in a homeless shelter, you can take her to a cheap motel room that you've rented for one night, she'll have sex with you just so she can be in a motel room for a night
MasterOLightning is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2008, 09:11 AM   #36 (permalink)
muzmaze
pyramontyrsuidvan
 
muzmaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: N.H., USA
Posts: 3,201
It would have been cool for Rocco if he pulled out the win...but I was rooting for Tiger as usual. I can see people being sick of Tiger, but I go the other way and appreciate his dominance and greatness in the sport. He is already one of the alltime great performers in sports and may be the greatest ever when finished...above guys like Nicklaus, Jordan, Ali, Russell, etc.
He is very intelligent, professional, and I really like the fact how he recognized, studied, respects and appreciates the players and champions who came before him.
__________________

Upon my pages blood is stained, this way some honour will remain- Tyr
muzmaze is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2008, 09:15 AM   #37 (permalink)
The Ozzman
Commander Smooth
 
The Ozzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: USS Enterprise-D
Posts: 23,402
Nicklaus was better because he won all those tournaments using inferior technology. Woods hasn't had to deal with that aspect of it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow View Post
Come on dude, you've been here long enough. You should know how this stuff works. The darkest, assholest tasting beer = the best. Only true metal accepted. Only blackest ov the black coffee accepted. I've noticed pretty much everything on this website is distorted reality from every other human being I've actually came into contact with.
This line will remain until Corrosion of Conformity (with Pepper) releases another album (4/15/08; amended 12/7/10)
The Ozzman is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2008, 09:25 AM   #38 (permalink)
muzmaze
pyramontyrsuidvan
 
muzmaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: N.H., USA
Posts: 3,201
...and don't forget the fact Nicklaus had an elite group of Palmer, Player, Trevino, Watson, et al to deal with all the time and he still has the most majors. That being said, I just think Tiger is and will be the best ever, despite the technology, generation, competion issues etc. His impact on the game is second to none.
__________________

Upon my pages blood is stained, this way some honour will remain- Tyr
muzmaze is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2008, 09:27 AM   #39 (permalink)
The Ozzman
Commander Smooth
 
The Ozzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: USS Enterprise-D
Posts: 23,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzmaze View Post
...and don't forget the fact Nicklaus had an elite group of Palmer, Player, Trevino, Watson, et al to deal with all the time and he still has the most majors. That being said, I just think Tiger is and will be the best ever, despite the technology, generation, competion issues etc. His impact on the game is second to none.
I'm not denying his impact. He brought a resurgence to golf that has certainly helped to put it back in the spotlight. He's definitely one of the top 5 golfers ever.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow View Post
Come on dude, you've been here long enough. You should know how this stuff works. The darkest, assholest tasting beer = the best. Only true metal accepted. Only blackest ov the black coffee accepted. I've noticed pretty much everything on this website is distorted reality from every other human being I've actually came into contact with.
This line will remain until Corrosion of Conformity (with Pepper) releases another album (4/15/08; amended 12/7/10)
The Ozzman is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2008, 10:13 AM   #40 (permalink)
skeptik
Senior Member
 
skeptik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 24,416
So what golfers is Tiger facing that don't have the same technology? He's not playing against Nicklaus, so the difference of technology between the two is a retarded argument. I think that Tiger is the better player.
skeptik is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2008, 10:27 AM   #41 (permalink)
King Richard
Always against the wind
 
King Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 02 Panic Room
Posts: 11,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ozzman View Post
Nicklaus was better because he won all those tournaments using inferior technology. Woods hasn't had to deal with that aspect of it.
Sorry but that is a retarded argument. They were all on an even playing field.

edit: Figures that the one time I don't read all of the posts someone beats me to a reply. Oh well, what nec said.
King Richard is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2008, 10:46 AM   #42 (permalink)
The Ozzman
Commander Smooth
 
The Ozzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: USS Enterprise-D
Posts: 23,402
I'm saying that between 1930 and 1970, technology didn't change much in golf. Since then, new technology has been created and improved upon at a very rapid rate. They didn't have clubheads that were 500 cubic centimeters back then. Ball technology wasn't as advanced as it is now, etc. Nicklaus was using inferior technology compared to golfers now. He used what he liked, not what was new or 'better' at the time. I think if you give Tiger the same technology, they would be equal or Nicklaus would be slightly better.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow View Post
Come on dude, you've been here long enough. You should know how this stuff works. The darkest, assholest tasting beer = the best. Only true metal accepted. Only blackest ov the black coffee accepted. I've noticed pretty much everything on this website is distorted reality from every other human being I've actually came into contact with.
This line will remain until Corrosion of Conformity (with Pepper) releases another album (4/15/08; amended 12/7/10)
The Ozzman is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2008, 10:51 AM   #43 (permalink)
skeptik
Senior Member
 
skeptik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 24,416
But that is irrelevant, because Tiger's competitors use the same technology. The playing field is as even now as it was when Nicklaus played, because everyone had access to the same technology. Obviously a one to one comparison between Tiger Woods and Jack Nicklaus can't be done because of the difference of technology between the two, but within their respective generations, they can be compared to each other based on their competitors, for example, by how dominant they are. What I'm saying is that just because Tiger Woods uses more advanced technology doesn't mean he's winning more championships.
skeptik is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:07 AM   #44 (permalink)
The Ozzman
Commander Smooth
 
The Ozzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: USS Enterprise-D
Posts: 23,402
It makes it easier for him to win tournaments. I mean, 300 yards back in the 70s was a long drive. Now you have golfers hitting 300 on the fly and then it rolls 30-40 yards. I mean, you give him steel shafted, metal-headed woods (not the heads now that have titanium or other assorted alloys in them) and he probably would lose about 25-30 yards of distance easily. Granted, he's pretty flexible and can get a good amount of clubhead speed and rotation because of it, which is greatly attributable to how far the ball goes as well, so he might not.

But then you have the other side of the argument where some of his competitors use identical technology and can't hit it as far as he can because of a lesser degree of flexibility, upper body strength or what have you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow View Post
Come on dude, you've been here long enough. You should know how this stuff works. The darkest, assholest tasting beer = the best. Only true metal accepted. Only blackest ov the black coffee accepted. I've noticed pretty much everything on this website is distorted reality from every other human being I've actually came into contact with.
This line will remain until Corrosion of Conformity (with Pepper) releases another album (4/15/08; amended 12/7/10)
The Ozzman is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:10 AM   #45 (permalink)
King Richard
Always against the wind
 
King Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 02 Panic Room
Posts: 11,979
You can't forget that everyone and their mother tries out for these tournaments too. Golf has done nothing but grow in popularity over the years, so the fields are massive, even more so than what Nicklaus had to deal with. That in itself reduces your chances of winning significantly.
King Richard is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:16 AM   #46 (permalink)
skeptik
Senior Member
 
skeptik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 24,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ozzman View Post
It makes it easier for him to win tournaments. I mean, 300 yards back in the 70s was a long drive. Now you have golfers hitting 300 on the fly and then it rolls 30-40 yards. I mean, you give him steel shafted, metal-headed woods (not the heads now that have titanium or other assorted alloys in them) and he probably would lose about 25-30 yards of distance easily. Granted, he's pretty flexible and can get a good amount of clubhead speed and rotation because of it, which is greatly attributable to how far the ball goes as well, so he might not.

But then you have the other side of the argument where some of his competitors use identical technology and can't hit it as far as he can because of a lesser degree of flexibility, upper body strength or what have you.
Everybody playing today has the same resources. Therefore, everybody has the same chance of winning. Tiger wins because he's more skilled. This is very simple, and you're a smart man, Ozzman, so you should probably just agree with me here, because I'm right. Tiger isn't helped any more than any other player is or could be today. I doubt that he would be doing any worse in terms of winning if everybody today was using the technology of Jack Nicklaus' era.
skeptik is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:19 AM   #47 (permalink)
The Ozzman
Commander Smooth
 
The Ozzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: USS Enterprise-D
Posts: 23,402
Do you ever think you're wrong?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow View Post
Come on dude, you've been here long enough. You should know how this stuff works. The darkest, assholest tasting beer = the best. Only true metal accepted. Only blackest ov the black coffee accepted. I've noticed pretty much everything on this website is distorted reality from every other human being I've actually came into contact with.
This line will remain until Corrosion of Conformity (with Pepper) releases another album (4/15/08; amended 12/7/10)
The Ozzman is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:19 AM   #48 (permalink)
King Richard
Always against the wind
 
King Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 02 Panic Room
Posts: 11,979
This probably doesn't matter but, Tiger has been using the same putter since he became a pro.
King Richard is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:21 AM   #49 (permalink)
The Ozzman
Commander Smooth
 
The Ozzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: USS Enterprise-D
Posts: 23,402
Putting is definitely the hardest thing to do in golf. That and hitting out of the sand uphill from a fairway bunker
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow View Post
Come on dude, you've been here long enough. You should know how this stuff works. The darkest, assholest tasting beer = the best. Only true metal accepted. Only blackest ov the black coffee accepted. I've noticed pretty much everything on this website is distorted reality from every other human being I've actually came into contact with.
This line will remain until Corrosion of Conformity (with Pepper) releases another album (4/15/08; amended 12/7/10)
The Ozzman is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:29 AM   #50 (permalink)
skeptik
Senior Member
 
skeptik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 24,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ozzman View Post
Do you ever think you're wrong?
Explain to me how everybody using the same technology gives Tiger Woods an advantage over everybody else using the same technology. Please. I would love to hear you explain this.
skeptik is offline  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.0.0
© Copyright 2000-2014 UltimateMetal.com | MetalAges Media