Ultimate Metal Forum  
UltimateMetal.com homeContact UltimateMetal.com

Ultimate Metal Zine Ultimate Metal Photo Gallery Ultimate Metal Classifieds Ultimate Metal Link Directory Ultimate Metal Events Ultimate Metal Radio Ultimate Metal Store

Sponsored Links

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > The Music > General Metal Discussion > GMD Social Forum

Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Are you going to MDF 2012?
Definitely going - want to share a room. 7 26.92%
Definitely going - do NOT want to share a room. 1 3.85%
Probably going - want to share a room. 6 23.08%
Probably going - do NOT want to share. 2 7.69%
Not sure if I'll go - want to share if I do. 2 7.69%
Not sure if I'll go - do NOT want to share if I do. 0 0%
Probably not going. 4 15.38%
Definitely not going. 4 15.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 16th, 2012, 01:01 PM   #376 (permalink)
mutantllama
Awesome custom title

Was going to put the money in the bank for the Hotel but the fucking bank is closed due to a holiday.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 16th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #377 (permalink)
swizzlenuts
Smoke Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addo_Of_Nex View Post
Me. It sucks that you, Nick, and Ray either won't be making it or will only be there for a day.
Guy?

Yeah, I am going to days of the doomed 2 instead, plus the line up isn't good enough to make travel.
"The three of us sat there, quietly and with our eyes closed, for 37+ minutes. When it was over, we turned to each other and, without saying a word, gave each other high-fives." - Ogre after listening to Plague of the Planets for the first time.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #378 (permalink)
Master_Yoda77
Jerking off to SKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnromulans View Post
What about overweight ones with big boobs?
Eh, not really. If I wanted to like an Asian I'd go find a 12 year old with pigtails or something.

Anyways, saying fuck it to the 4 day pass and just buying Kevin's 3-Day pass instead. So I miss Agalloch. I'll be seeing Autopsy in Chicago like 3 weeks before MDF anyways. Fuck it.
True Doom Metal. For fans of Hour of 13, Reverend Bizarre, Cirith Ungol, Revelation, Witchfinder General. FOSD.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...2214502165672\
www.myspace.com/olorindoom

Old April 16th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #379 (permalink)
Addo_Of_Nex
Fuck of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzlenuts View Post
Guy?

Yeah, I am going to days of the doomed 2 instead, plus the line up isn't good enough to make travel.
Yeah, I'm Guy. I'd love to make Days of the Doomed, but I'm still a fucking child and can't go because of the age restriction. Going to that Ragnarokkr fest in Joliet, IL and Warriors of Metal in Ohio sort of makes up for it, though.

And Schmidt, you might as well buy Kevin's pass, sell it to Bleull, then snatch a 4-day pass on SMN. People are starting to sell their tickets at or below face value at a greater rate. I plan on picking one up in the next couple of days.
Old April 16th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #380 (permalink)
Master_Yoda77
Jerking off to SKR

If I can get some fucking money, then maybe I will do that. How low are they selling them?
True Doom Metal. For fans of Hour of 13, Reverend Bizarre, Cirith Ungol, Revelation, Witchfinder General. FOSD.

Old April 17th, 2012, 12:26 AM   #381 (permalink)
Addo_Of_Nex
Fuck of Death

I saw one guy selling it for $150 (though he made a separate thread selling it and he seems slightly flaky), and another person just made a post saying that they don't expect to get face value, but to just PM offers.
Old April 17th, 2012, 12:28 AM   #382 (permalink)
V.V.V.V.V.
Houses Ov Mercury

Location: Encased Within A Mile-Deep Pit Of Feces (or, Lowell, MA)
I listened to a bunch of Absu last night to get psyched for the Thursday show. FUCK YEA

Old April 17th, 2012, 12:32 AM   #383 (permalink)
Master_Yoda77
Jerking off to SKR

Eh, TBH I almost would rather just save my money. I paid only $135 for Kev's ticket and the idea of spending an additional 30-40 bucks just to see Agalloch play doesn't interest me (especially considering that Agalloch tours a hefty amount and all the cool bands eventually play in Chicago). I'll be seeing Autopsy like 3 weeks before in Chicago and I've seen Absu twice. Eh, I might snag a Thursday only pass if I can get one at a solid price.

Old April 17th, 2012, 01:24 AM   #384 (permalink)
V.V.V.V.V.
Houses Ov Mercury

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it much.

Old April 17th, 2012, 09:19 AM   #385 (permalink)
KafkaX
Mr. Self Destruct

Im stoked for the lineup Thursday, especially to see Eyehategod. I missed the last time they rolled through LA.
Old April 17th, 2012, 10:50 AM   #386 (permalink)
V.V.V.V.V.
Houses Ov Mercury

EHG are actually one of the sludge bands I am least pumped for, haha. Can't wait for Cough, Rwake and YOB along with the cool groovy doom like Church of Misery and Electric Wizard.

Old April 17th, 2012, 11:04 AM   #387 (permalink)
Onder
In battle there is no lol

The line-up really isn't all that good this year imo. Morbid Angel dubsteb headlining few doom metal bands. Autopsy and Suffo are pretty cool but those tour quite a lot don't they? I'm seeing Suffo this year too, but with Asphyx.

last.fm / The Onder‘s Texts
Old April 17th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #388 (permalink)
Zephyrus
Tyrants and Slaves

Psyched for Agalloch. Hope the sound inside is good (for a change).
Old April 17th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #389 (permalink)
V.V.V.V.V.
Houses Ov Mercury

In defense of the lineup, it's very open-minded this year with a lot of very different bands.

Old April 17th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #390 (permalink)
KafkaX
Mr. Self Destruct

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.V.V.V.V. View Post
Rwake are actually one of the sludge bands I am least pumped for, haha. Can't wait for Cough, Eyehategod and YOB along with the cool groovy doom like Church of Misery and Electric Wizard.
Fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onder View Post
The line-up really isn't all that good this year imo. Morbid Angel dubsteb headlining few doom metal bands. Autopsy and Suffo are pretty cool but those tour quite a lot don't they? I'm seeing Suffo this year too, but with Asphyx.
Eh...Im not as stoked for these two than some of the other bands...Ive seen Suffocation like 4 times, and I just saw Morbid Angel last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
Psyched for Agalloch. Hope the sound inside is good (for a change).
They sounded fucking great at the Scion show in LA last year. Im happy to see them in a smaller more intimate setting.
Old April 17th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #391 (permalink)
V.V.V.V.V.
Houses Ov Mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by KafkaX View Post
Fixed.
Haha really? The newest Rwake and If You Walk Before You Crawl, You Crawl Before You Die are fucking great.

Old April 17th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #392 (permalink)
Onder

Quote:
In defense of the lineup, it's very open-minded this year with a lot of very different bands.
That is true yeah. I wouldn't expect Godflesh or Unsane there. I guess it's better this way than just having everything death metal or something.

Old April 17th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #393 (permalink)
KafkaX
Mr. Self Destruct

Quote:
Haha really? The newest Rwake and If You Walk Before You Crawl, You Crawl Before You Die are fucking great.
Half joking. A buddy showed me a few songs of theirs and what he showed me I wasnt impressed at all. Well see what they bring to the table at MDF.
Old April 17th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #394 (permalink)
Addo_Of_Nex
Fuck of Death

I was skeptical about the lineup at first because I am, in many ways, a bit of a purist faggot; but as time has pressed on I've found myself increasingly excited about more and more bands. I think it's just as strong as the previous three years, even if the only headliners I care about are Autopsy and Godflesh.
Old April 17th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #395 (permalink)
Onder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addo_Of_Nex View Post
I was skeptical about the lineup at first because I am, in many ways, a bit of a purist faggot; but as time has pressed on I've found myself increasingly excited about more and more bands. I think it's just as strong as the previous three years, even if the only headliners I care about are Autopsy and Godflesh.
Purists leave before Morbid Angel dubsteb.

Old April 17th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #396 (permalink)
Addo_Of_Nex
Fuck of Death

I'm making special low-fi Morbid Angel shirts that ridicule them just for Saturday tbh.
Old April 17th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #397 (permalink)
Master_Yoda77
Jerking off to SKR

Purists troll and heckle Morbid Angel in hopes of David and Trey crying on stage.

Old April 17th, 2012, 06:45 PM   #398 (permalink)
V.V.V.V.V.
Houses Ov Mercury

There are a whole bunch of acts I'm psyched to see. I'll post my list soon... Can't wait til they announce the schedule so I can begin obsessing about how to most successfully spend my time.

Old April 24th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #399 (permalink)
Zephyrus
Tyrants and Slaves

So there is an exhibit on the 7th-8th centuries (Byzantium & Islam) going on at the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art. I would kill to go to this, and would have the opportunity to on the drive to or from MDF. Admission to the museum is $25. Kris and Grant et al may or will join me.

http://www.metmuseum.org/en/exhibiti...tium-and-islam
Old April 24th, 2012, 04:37 PM   #400 (permalink)
Master_Yoda77
Jerking off to SKR

I would love to go to that as well, but it's just not going to happen.