Ultimate Metal Forum  
UltimateMetal.com homeContact UltimateMetal.com

Ultimate Metal Zine Ultimate Metal Photo Gallery Ultimate Metal Classifieds Ultimate Metal Link Directory Ultimate Metal Events Ultimate Metal Radio Ultimate Metal Store

Sponsored Links

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > The Music > General Metal Discussion > GMD Social Forum

Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do you believe in zombies?
Yes! 1 6.67%
Maybe! 1 6.67%
No! 10 66.67%
We're already zombies because of technology and media blah blah blah... 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 28th, 2011, 11:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Saparmurat_Niyazov

The Zombie Apocalypse: Do people actually believe in this shit?

I've noticed as this whole zombie thing has gained traction within popular culture that there is an increasing number of people who actually believe that the zombie apocalypse is a real possibility. Maybe (hopefully) I'm missing a joke here, but I'm afraid that more and more people actually believe that we're on the cusp of a Resident Evil/28 Days Later/Night of the Living Dead situation.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 28th, 2011, 12:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Panzerhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saparmurat_Niyazov View Post
I've noticed as this whole zombie thing has gained traction within popular culture that there is an increasing number of people who actually believe that the zombie apocalypse is a real possibility. Maybe (hopefully) I'm missing a joke here, but I'm afraid that more and more people actually believe that we're on the cusp of a Resident Evil/28 Days Later/Night of the Living Dead situation.
deep sigh.... According to our modern knowledge of nature, it is IMPOSSIBLE to reanimate something dead and in the state of decay. All life functions have ceased to work and can't be restored (clinical dead). Some experiments with certain micro-organisms have sown that these might be able to make one limb move. But this is caused by the activity of those organisms. So the body would move a little but it would be of no harm, it couldn't even stand up or walk.

Actual movement such as walking is a very complex action, so impssobile for a colony of bacteria in a corpse, not talking of 'fighting/killing'.

eaily said: zombie apocalypse = SCIENCE FICTION

I can start raving about zombies by media but that's going to be a long one
Old November 28th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Krigloch the Furious
Butt drippage

Re: The Zombie Apocalypse: Do people actually believe in this shit?

Old November 28th, 2011, 03:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Vegard Pompey
Obscure World

I don't think a zombie apocalypse will ever happen. A man can dream, though. A man can dream.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 28th, 2011, 05:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Krigloch the Furious
Butt drippage

im armed enough, but I dont think my shot is good enough
Old November 28th, 2011, 06:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
-CyanideChrist-
Something in My Eye

Necromancy could in theory be a highly profitable business.
Old November 28th, 2011, 09:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
unknown
onderers

it's interesting when you look at the eras when zombie culture was popular often correlates with issues of access to wealth. You have the late 70s/early 80's with the rise of the yuppie culture, and then it died down and resurged in the early 2000's

just a though

This line will remain in my sig until Ozz takes his down [4/17/08]
Old November 28th, 2011, 10:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
NoumeGnon
Brvtal Reading

IE: Not enough real shit to worry about so people invent ridiculous shit to worry about?
Old November 28th, 2011, 10:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Draele
Lurker

It depends if you're talking about the more classical supernatural reanimated zombies or the newer and more plausible "infected" where you don't actually die but get a highly communicable disease that degrades advanced brain function and amplifies aggression and hunger for protein.
Old November 28th, 2011, 11:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
waif

Except that never even makes sense because they don't attack each other and they deliberately spread the virus.

Just enjoy zombie movies/games/etc for what they are and don't think about the rest.
Old November 29th, 2011, 12:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
Saparmurat_Niyazov

I enjoy whole zombie horror genre of course, but I obviously believe that it is not possible in any real sense (supernatural, disease, virus, etc.). What I'm worried about is that it seems to me that there are people who are actually convinced that it could happen in reality. That's a hell of a lot more terrifying than a real zombie.
Old November 29th, 2011, 12:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
Vimana

It's only a matter of time before a really old person gets shot the morning after a barfight.
Old November 30th, 2011, 08:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
zerostatic
Damned in Flames

Don't believe in the Zombie Apocalypse stuff, but I will say that most of the people I encounter daily seem like they are dead from the neck up.