Into Eternity  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Into Eternity
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 31st, 2005, 10:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
hellsey

Introduce Yourself!

Hey, this is the thread where you all get a chance to introduce yourselves and let everyone else get to known you better.

I'll start *clears throat*

I'm Chelsey, I live in Regina. I'm 19 years old...
I'm new to this board... I actually was told to come on here by a certain person *looks in T-Bag's general direction*

My fave bands are.....Dirtbred, Slipknot, In Flames, Lamb of God, Scarifier, Sum 41, Killswitch Engage, Atreyu, Stillseed , Theatre of Tragedy, CKY, Strapping Young Lad, Sevendust, Poison the Well, Nightwish, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Pantera (my favorite by far), Bleeding Through, 3 Inches of Blood, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, Nevermore, Mudvayne, Ministry, Messuggah, The Dillinger Escape Plan, HIM, Extol, Dissection, Kataklysm, Decapitated, Dimmu Borgir, Megadeth, Metallica, Soilwork, Evergrey, Sentenced...
And yeah, I love Into Eternity. That's all I basically can think of saying.

Now post all you fellow metal people.. POST!!

Last edited by hellsey : February 1st, 2005 at 06:09 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 31st, 2005, 10:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Celestial-Todd
The Incredible Bulk

Ah what the hey, I may as well give it a shot....

My name is Todd and I come from Sydney, Australia (yes, I.E do have fans down here hehe). I'm 23 and the drummer for Celestial (website addy in my signature).. hard to pinpoint our exact style but we've been called Melodic Thrash in the past

Fav bands..... Blind Guardian, Dew Scented, Into Eternity, Carnal Forge, Death, Meshuggah, Terror 2000, Dungeon, Infernal Method, Earth, Psycroptic, Quo Vadis, S.Y.L, Darkane, Soilwork, In Flames, Iced Earth, Dream Theater, Liquid Tension Experiment, Cryptopsy, Slayer, Megadeth, Metallica, Pantera.... and more I'm forgetting....

I'm a massive geek.... seen LOTR more times then I can remember and I'm basically a walking thesaurus of Family Guy and Futurama quotes!
Old January 31st, 2005, 10:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
keely
\m/

Hi, I'm Keely. I like metal. And now that Chelsey is on this site im going to bug her.
That is all. \m/
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 1st, 2005, 06:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Marlies
veteran headbanger \m/

I'm Marlies and a fan and friend since about 3 years. Since a few weeks I can add "webmaster" to the list

In short I'm a 41 year young metalhead who also loves webdesign etc. I work part-time at our city hall (clerical job), I'm happily married to Nico (who is a RN), we have a cat called Robin. We're from Holland, but since we were in Canada last fall, I want to live there!!! We have learned a lot about emigrating and Canada in general, but we've postponed any decisions for a few years (we'll probably go back in 2006).

More info, pics, journal etc you can find on our homepage at http://truemetal.org/marlies

I'm not new to UM btw, I've been posting here for several years and I also have the Brainstorm and Morrigan's Pit forums hosted here.

FEEL THE FIRE pages

Last edited by Marlies : February 1st, 2005 at 06:54 AM.
Old February 1st, 2005, 07:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
JonnyD
Chef Metal

The names Jonah and I absolutely love IE ... I have been Kicking myself since Progpower cause I was late to the show and Missed them ... Other Intrests include Listening to Metal and Playing Metal and thats about it

"In our eyes you are Immortal, In our Hearts you live forever"
FUCK THE WORLD
HAIL AND KILL

R.I.P. Z (1979-2003)

R.I.P. Scotty (1978-2006)

R.I.P. Paul (1960-2006)

http://www.myspace.com/manticorarocks
Old February 1st, 2005, 11:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
George

My name is George, I'm from Connecticut in the United States. Just to save time just re-read Celestial-Todd's list of bands and that's roughly what I listen to (you can add some black metal bands too). And also that last line by Todd is true of me too, except get rid of the Lord of The Rings, and also replace Futurama with the Simpsons (older episodes). Nice to see you all here.
Old February 1st, 2005, 03:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
DarkShire
Want some candy?

No. :-p
Old February 1st, 2005, 06:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
HateWork
Metal Madman

name is Dave, i write cd reviews (though i've been slacking like mad) & do news updates on the site in my sig. 21 years old (22 in a couple weeks), love all forms of metal. been an IE fan for awhile, i got a bunch of people into them when they first played here (and tim will remember how different the crowds were. first show was apprx 50, second show was about sold out).

some bands i enjoy a lot: opeth, morbid angel, carcass, death, martyr, quo vadis, neuraxis, kalmah, ensiferum, dark tranquillity, etc. basically anything at all metal.
Old February 1st, 2005, 07:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Demonspell
cheating the polygraph

name: Bryan location: the greater NYC area age: 25 ties to the metal scene: besides posting here and attending concerts, none favorite bands: too many to list, but I gravitate mostly towards progressive rock and metal fan of Into Eternity since: Dead Or Dreaming's release
"There is a concern that the Internet could be used to commit crimes and that advanced encryption could disguise such activity. However, we do not provide the government with phone jacks outside our homes for unlimited wiretaps. Why, then, should we grant government the Orwellian capability to listen at will and in real time to our communications across the Web?""
-- JOHN ASHCROFT, as a U.S. senator, from his Aug. 12, 1997 op-ed piece in the Washington Times, "Welcoming Big Brother."
Old February 1st, 2005, 09:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Prog Maiden

I'm Meg. I'm 19, turning 20 in April. I'm from Chicago, but I attend Temple University in Philadelphia. Knowing the metal scene is much better on the east coast certainly helped lure me out here.

I've been an Into Eternity fan since about the time of Dead or Dreaming's release date thanks to my friend Eric. I saw them live at Progpower last year (and was amazed that most of the band came up to ME and knew who I was ), and I'm looking forward to catching them on the Amorphis tour.

Some other favorite bands besides IE: Children of Bodom, Iced Earth, Mercenary, Meshuggah, Nevermore, Opeth, Soilwork, Adagio, Andromeda, Dream Theater, Evergrey, Pain of Salvation, Symphony X and Zero Hour.

I'm a guitarist in training, and some of my favorite guitarists (besides Tim of course ) include: Petrucci, Vai, Shawn Lane, Jason Becker, Michael Romeo, Mattias Eklundh, Jasun Tipton, Ron Thal (Bumblefoot).
Old February 1st, 2005, 11:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
EmbersAstray83

whats up everyone
Im Phillip from southeast Massachusetts
Im 21
I love all metal, prog, black, death, metalcore, doom, all that good stuff

lately Ive been listening to lots of Vintersorg, hes amazing, wish I got into his music earlier

cant wait to see you guys on tour with Amorphis and Beyond the Embrace
Im actually from the same city as BTE
Old February 2nd, 2005, 08:08 AM   #12 (permalink)
JonnyD
Chef Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbersAstray83
lately Ive been listening to lots of Vintersorg, hes amazing, wish I got into his music earlier
I love Vintersorg!!!! I to wish I had discovered him sooner!

"In our eyes you are Immortal, In our Hearts you live forever"
FUCK THE WORLD
HAIL AND KILL

R.I.P. Z (1979-2003)

R.I.P. Scotty (1978-2006)

R.I.P. Paul (1960-2006)

http://www.myspace.com/manticorarocks
Old February 2nd, 2005, 08:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
motocyco

I'm Todd from Regina. I'm 31 and have been close friends and an occasional band mate with Tim since the early-mid 90's. We acctualy met while we were both auditioning for a metallica cover band way back in the day...lol. I am a bass player by trade but the tech/gear side of music is where my true passion lies. I'm also the guitar tech/gear bitch for IE while there here at home.

I feel nothing.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 09:00 AM   #14 (permalink)
Bear
Got Shred??

Bear here, 36 from the San Francisco Bay Area. New Soilwork kicks assssssssssss!!!!!!!!!

Into Eternity needs to tour with them!!!!!!!

Bear
Old February 2nd, 2005, 10:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
Ir0n_mE
Metal Junkie

Iain, Regina, SK, big Metal fan!
Old February 2nd, 2005, 10:52 AM   #16 (permalink)
TheNever
Back from the grave....

My name is steve and i head Room 7 design studios. I'm the webmaster at Skinless and Nile's official sites and hopefully more down the line. And i'm a huge IE fan (duh!).

Old February 2nd, 2005, 12:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
Winner
Banned

Location: Omaha, NE, where Im fucking your sister AND your mom at the same time
My name is Winner. Im a loser. I want to push rusty nails into the roof of your mouth and strangle you with a telephone cord.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 04:58 PM   #18 (permalink)
spawntc
Nailed

Eh might as well introduce myself.

I'm Travis and I've been a fan of Into Eternity for a few years now. Can't wait to see them on tour.

Uh, I like metal.
Old February 3rd, 2005, 10:32 AM   #19 (permalink)
Fro

Well, I'm Fro, and I'm 20 and live in Winona, Minnesota. It's a couple hours s.e. of the twin cities. I'm into all sorts of good death metal, going to see suffocation and behemoth next week, then morbid angel the week after...brutal!
Drummer Adam is my older bro, and he kicks some serious ass on the skins. I've been dying to see this new lineup for a while now, and i'm totally stoked to see them up in Minneapolis....anyone else going?
Old February 3rd, 2005, 03:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
Winner
Banned

Location: Omaha, NE, where Im fucking your sister AND your mom at the same time
I'll be at the Soulfly / Morbid Angle show. Also at the Danzig show on the 22nd. Seeing IE in Omaha. Speaking of which, if any of you guys, uhh, need anything while your in the area, you let me know.
Old February 5th, 2005, 03:24 AM   #21 (permalink)
defenderofthefaith
sensitive sociopath

trevor,guitar,metal thats about it.
Old February 5th, 2005, 11:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
Arch
‫‬**‪‫‬**҉‫‬**‪‫‬**҉ ‫‬**‪

Hi.

I'm a long time member, first time Into Eternity poster.
Old February 6th, 2005, 12:41 AM   #23 (permalink)
aztattooedsean
crazed tattooed metalhead

Sean, 34, Arizona, fan of so much metal that I can only say that I am into almost all the genres but nu metal and metalcore.

www.tattooedsean.com

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MDFandOEFsupporters/
Old February 6th, 2005, 10:40 AM   #24 (permalink)
Will Bozarth
Everlasting Godstopper

my name is Will. i'm 17, and i'm from southern New Jersey (probably 15 min from center-city Philadelphia)

favorite bands: Nevermore, Sanctuary, Into Eternity, Winds, Necrophagist, Origin, My Dying Bride, Strapping Young Lad, The Devin Townsend Band, Candlemass, Solitude Aeturnus, Death, Therion, Nightwish, Dream Evil, Anathema, Antimatter, Sentenced, Green Carnation, Solefald, Windir, Vintersorg, Finntroll, Rusty Cooley, Cacophony, Cynic, Into the Woods, Mourning Beloveth... among so many others

been on UM since (look at my join date)

i play guitar and vocals in the band in my signature. we'll be releasing an EP soon

oh yeah, and i'm the one in the middle of the picture

Available on AMAZON

2014:
February 6 - 9: Atlanta, GA
February 13 - 16: Los Angeles, CA
March 21 - 23: Charlotte, NC
June 27: Williamsburg, VA
June 28 - 29: Indianapolis, IN
August 15 - 17: Pittsburgh, PA
September 26 - 28: Los Angeles, CA
Old February 6th, 2005, 02:40 PM   #25 (permalink)
IconOfSin

ok ok

name is Dallas
born and raised in Winnipeg but now currently living in Deadmonton
21 years old
play bass, and guitar

i'd list of my favorite bands but i'll be on it forever and i'm too lazy so fuck off!!