The Iron Maidens  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > The Iron Maidens
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 21st, 2012, 09:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
hurricanenita
MEGA MURRAY

Most hated band poll

Here's another random getting to know each other poll. Who is the band that above all bands makes you just want to stick a fork in your ear so you never have to hear them ever again? I'll go first: LIFEHOUSE
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 21st, 2012, 11:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
A7
Live to Win

Three words: Design the Skyline

"Living to win means you pursue your goals, challenges and dreams without regard for anyone else's opinions, failures or the obstacles in your way. I may not always succeed, but as long as I fail on my own terms...I've won." - Paul Stanley

Crabby Patty (I'm So Unclear!) | Just Like Priest | Shades of Crimson | Emp˙re | Electric Funeral | Dia | Phantom Blue
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 22nd, 2012, 12:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Heathenistic

uh howzabout

Men Without Hats
Old February 22nd, 2012, 12:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Yoopy

Nirvana.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 12:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Motohead

Bruce Springsteen, Poison.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 03:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Happy Hobo

Picking one is harder than I thought. Mostly the line of crap that Disney produces. My son is lucky to have a dad like me to show him what cool really is.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 09:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Kirsten "Bruce Chickinson"

This was a hard question! But I agree Bruce Springsteen is a SUPERB choice! Some top rivals would also be Bob Dylan and The Grateful Dead.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 10:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Metallicat180
Rockstar-In-Training

Coldplay.

I've never understood the appeal of them at all. It's always so dreary and depressing - and the same song over and over and over and over again!!!

Rhianna is played constantly here just now too so I'll pick her too.

You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel
Time was never on my side, so on I wait my whole lifetime
I'm outlaw of torn and I'm torn...

Old February 22nd, 2012, 11:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
momadave
Your hippie fan

C'mon, Kristen. Shame on you as a musician to say you hate Dylan and the Dead. Hate is a bit harsh... What is it about them that you hate? Do you at least detect the talent in the art?

Last edited by momadave : February 22nd, 2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 11:26 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by momadave View Post
C'mon, Kristen. Shame on you as a musician to say you hate Dylan and the Dead. Hate is a bit harsh... What is it about them that you hate? Do you at leaset detect the talent in the art?
Ok, would you prefer "detest"? I cannot bear the sound of either, so I've barely listened to them. People say they're talented so I'd probably at least agree on that...if I only I could stand to listen to more than a few bars of their songs. Overrated hippey dippey whiney boring shite, IMHO.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 11:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
Kevinedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanenita View Post
Here's another random getting to know each other poll. Who is the band that above all bands makes you just want to stick a fork in your ear so you never have to hear them ever again? I'll go first: LIFEHOUSE
A tie between the Spin Doctors and Counting Crows. I even don't like people that like them..J
Old February 22nd, 2012, 12:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinedge View Post
A tie between the Spin Doctors and Counting Crows. I even don't like people that like them..J
Yes! Counting Crows! Thank you for reminding me of all the bands that I hate!
Old February 22nd, 2012, 12:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
momadave
Your hippie fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsten "Bruce Chickinson" View Post
Ok, would you prefer "detest"? I cannot bear the sound of either, so I've barely listened to them. People say they're talented so I'd probably at least agree on that...if I only I could stand to listen to more than a few bars of their songs. Overrated hippey dippey whiney boring shite, IMHO.
It's Rock n Roll... I don't get it "hating" it. People have proved they're talented by seeing them perform for 30 years and over 2300 shows in their career. Not to mention the countless known greats that have sat in with them. I don't like lady gaga's music, but I know she's talented. I bet you do like some of their stuff, you just aren't aware it's the Dead. Ok, we can end this endless debate.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 01:29 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
It's Rock n Roll... I don't get it "hating" it. People have proved they're talented by seeing them perform for 30 years and over 2300 shows in their career. Not to mention the countless known greats that have sat in with them. I don't like lady gaga's music, but I know she's talented. I bet you do like some of their stuff, you just aren't aware it's the Dead. Ok, we can end this endless debate.
I didn't know we were having a debate--I thought it was just a discussion. True, I don't actually bear any ill will to any of these artists, like I would towards someone who abuses a puppy, for example--the use of "hate" is simply common hyperbole, just as "love" is usually, and shouldn't be taken literally. I get the feeling you are a huge Dead fan. Yeah, rock 'n roll is...rock 'n roll and it's subjective. Maybe I would like some Dead stuff if I was sensitized to it. The only song I can remember is the one that got MTV coverage, with the performing skeletons. I didn't like it. Now Lady Gaga, I used to not get her appeal at all, but now that I keep being subjected to her music in public places, I actually like some of her stuff. Sometimes if I hear things enough times, I start to like it. And that makes me mad because then I feel like a traitor to my own opinions!
Old February 22nd, 2012, 01:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
hurricanenita
MEGA MURRAY

HEY HEY HEY! This is a critique free zone. Everyone's allowed to have their opinions without being judged. It's just meant for us all to have a laugh together. All the bands mentioned here so far have sold a lot more records than any of us, but that doesn't mean we have to enjoy their music. I would seriously rather be subjected to almost anything before sitting through a Grateful Dead or Counting Crows album. That's just me of course
Old February 22nd, 2012, 01:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
hurricanenita
MEGA MURRAY

Also Kirsten I haven't had your same experience with Gaga, so if you keep singing that la la ra ba ba ba oh na na song while we're in the same section of the airplane, prepare for a literal fork in the ear :P
Old February 22nd, 2012, 01:56 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Also Kirsten I haven't had your same experience with Gaga, so if you keep singing that la la ra ba ba ba oh na na song while we're in the same section of the airplane, prepare for a literal fork in the ear :P
LMFAO!!!!! I'll make a convert out of you yet, Nita!
Old February 22nd, 2012, 03:25 PM   #18 (permalink)
Metallicat180
Rockstar-In-Training

Quote:
C'mon now, she says she can't stand them and that should be the end of the story. I've had discussions like this before too. I say "I hate *insert band here* " and people go "Oh you just haven't heard this song/that song/enough of them etc etc". No, I've heard enough to make my judgement thank you! She hasn't said that they're not talented, just that she can't stand their music and nothing that anyone will say will change that. Like she said, I bet you're a huge Dead fan and just stepping in to see why someone doesn't like a band you love, which is understandable, but it's not going to change her opinion.

People flame me for this opinion but I find Led Zeppelin as dull as dishwater. I respect them as artists/musician/songwriters/whatever and their massive contribution to music - but apart from about 3 songs, I can't stand them.

If people say they hate one of my favourite bands, I say no more cos at the end of the day it's their opinion and I respect that.

Quote:
HEY HEY HEY! This is a critique free zone. Everyone's allowed to have their opinions without being judged. It's just meant for us all to have a laugh together. All the bands mentioned here so far have sold a lot more records than any of us, but that doesn't mean we have to enjoy their music. I would seriously rather be subjected to almost anything before sitting through a Grateful Dead or Counting Crows album. That's just me of course
Well said Nita.

Old February 22nd, 2012, 05:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
Red Shirt

Great question Nita!

Well, I'd have to say ANY rap band. I'd rather hear finger nail screeching across a chalk board for hours than that shit. In the rock arena, Bruce Springsteen, Dylan, and the Rolling Stones. I hear any of them and it's radio station change, switch to CD, or OFF!
Old February 22nd, 2012, 05:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
momadave
Your hippie fan

It's all good, Jenna. Kristen answered all my questions I was curious about and I was satisfied with her answers. I'm always interested in the reasons why people have negative opinions towards "significant" bands. Especially rock musicians' takes on other rock bands.

Kristen, I heard/saw the you tube vid of lady gaga on Howard Stern's show... Just her on a piano and vocals. BLEW ME AWAY! She sang with such soul and depth, it was moving.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 05:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
Metallicat180
Rockstar-In-Training

Quote:
It's all good, Jenna. Kristen answered all my questions I was curious about and I was satisfied with her answers. I'm always interested in the reasons why people have negative opinions towards "significant" bands. Especially rock musicians' takes on other rock bands.

Kristen, I heard/saw the you tube vid of lady gaga on Howard Stern's show... Just her on a piano and vocals. BLEW ME AWAY! She sang with such soul and depth, it was moving.
That's cool. At least we're all civilised people here and can have a proper discussion without blowing up at each other.

P.s. I love Lady Gaga!!

Old February 22nd, 2012, 06:38 PM   #22 (permalink)
E.O.G.
Enemy Of God

I have a safe bet for this thread,and I'm fairly sure that everyone will agree with me.OK it's not a band,per se,but Justin Bieber is definitely someone I could slowly torture to death.Of course he's not the only one,but the list would be so huge,it would take a long-long time to write it down.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 06:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
Morgothik

It's got to be Nickelback!
Old February 22nd, 2012, 10:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
Danny rctv
Girl Band Geek!

ALL RAP/hip hop Garbage!!! No Emenenm, ICP, Beastie Boyz for me FUCK NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Boy bands,coprorately craeted vanilla pop stars that don't write their own songs, R&B, and I Reallly Really HATE Van Halen (But they're better than any of the above!)
Old February 23rd, 2012, 02:03 PM   #25 (permalink)
Happy Hobo

You've got a lot of nerve to say you don't like my sing... eeeeeeeeen.

This is a play on lyrics. Don't shoot me. See Positively 4th Street. :P