The Iron Maidens  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > The Iron Maidens
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 23rd, 2012, 03:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
serrota

Albums OOP???

Hi Iron Maidens,

I recently stumbled across your cover of “Run to the Hills” and after some searching I found “Aces High” and “The Prisoner”. I have now become a fan The Iron Maidens and I would like to purchase your albums for my collection. However, after visiting your web store, I could not find any CDs for sale. So, I expanded my search to include iTunes, Amazon and EBay, and well that was a mistake. iTunes came up with a big goose egg for The Iron Maidens, but I was able to get Flight 666 from Maiden. But then I did a search for The Iron Maidens on Amazon and nearly passed out at the collector’s market price for your CDs, prices ranging from $51 to $147!! And EBay wasn’t any better.

Now this leaves me in a quandary. I love your music, and I believe in paying the artist for their work. But I don’t want to pay collector’s prices for a CD, as the band will not see that money. But because I feel that an artist should be paid their work, I’m trying to avoid the Peer to Peer MP3 file sharing. But if the albums are truly Out Of Print and I cannot find the CDs outside of the Collector’s Market, then the file sharing maybe my last resort.

So for my peace of mind, please ladies let me know where I can buy your albums!!!

Thank you!!

A New Fan!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 23rd, 2012, 04:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Big Momma Nav
Celebrity Chef

you know good q: i'm not sure why it's not on itunes, amazon. Perhaps I can ask Mark or he can chime in.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 23rd, 2012, 08:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Doodoobubbachuck
Maidens' drums

Hey Serrota! Thanks for your interest in the recordings we have done! Unfortunately, those are all out of print and we have no plans to reissue any of them. Instead, we are hoping to get something out soon with the current lineup to better represent ourselves and what we are doing today with this project. We'll keep ya posted! Cheers! ....and welcome to the forums!!

The wrong key in the right keyhole speaks volumes.
"So....are you okay with this?"
Old February 24th, 2012, 03:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
serrota

Thanks Doodoobubbachuck and Big Momma Nav for answering my question about the ablums.

@Doodoobubbachuck - Good to hear about a possible new ablum, can't wait to hear it. Funny thing is, I am going to be at the Fullerton Train Station with some photography friends tomorrow, and while not into the whole bar\night club scene, I might have to wander across the parking log and check out the show tomorrow night.

Thanks again!
Old February 24th, 2012, 08:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
E.O.G.
Enemy Of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by serrota View Post
...I did a search for The Iron Maidens on Amazon and nearly passed out at the collector’s market price for your CDs, prices ranging from $51 to $147!! And EBay wasn’t any better
...and I was thinking about to sell them,'cos I was like:eh,they got a much better singer now,and 2 new guitar-goddesses! Good God,I'm so glad I didn't do it! Linda! If you ladies ever make it to the UK,you'll be my guest for a lovely dinner and a bottle of your favorite drink for sending me those CDs 5 yrs ago!
Old February 24th, 2012, 09:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by serrota View Post
... I might have to wander across the parking log and check out the show tomorrow night.
This should be an absolute must! If you went you would realize how foolish it was to think about a "might" go.