Jag Panzer  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Jag Panzer
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 29th, 2008, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Harry(not the Tyrant)

JP's " Where Eagles Dare " Cover

Hi there,

back from a 2 week USA trip.I've spent the last couple of days in Colorado,passed JP City Colorado Springs to visit the Royal Gorge bridge.What a great place.Stayed in Canon. ( Mark,didn't you get the e-mail ? )

Back to the topic,here's the link to the Maiden Cover they did at the KIT.
http://rs270.rapidshare.com/files/14...inyl___aif.mp3

Titan Force: " Eyes of the Young "
http://rs504.rapidshare.com/files/14...ioTrack_04.mp3

Both tracks will be on a forthcoming limited edition KIT 10 double vinyl.

Last edited by Harry(not the Tyrant) : September 29th, 2008 at 02:07 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old September 29th, 2008, 09:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jean-Pierre
Son of The Bitch

Is there more news about this vinyl release?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old September 30th, 2008, 05:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Harry(not the Tyrant)

As far as i can remember there will be only 500 copies and it will be only available at KIT 11 .
Here's the Song /Bandlist.
Side A:
Battleroar „Siegecraft
Strikemaster „Prophetic Chemical Death“
Merciless Death „Burn In Hell“
Sentinel Beast „Sentinel Beast“
Metal Inquisitor „Twardy Jak Skala“

Side B:
Attacker „Battle At Helms Deep“
Omen „Warning Of Danger“
Helstar „Baptized In Blood“
Titan Force „Eyes Of the Young“

Side C:
Battle Ram „Angel Witch“
Fueled By Fire „Striking Death“
Demon Eyes „L'Orgie Des Damnes“
Crescent Shield „The Passing“
Pharaoh „I Am The Hammer“

Side D:
Cage „Final Solution“
Doomsword „Days Of High Adventure“
Manilla Road „Flaming Metal Systems“
Jag Panzer „Where Eagles Dare“

Last edited by Harry(not the Tyrant) : September 30th, 2008 at 05:29 AM.
Old September 30th, 2008, 02:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
tsorl
Borne on Wings of Steel

Thanks a lot!
When JP was finishing Electric Eye I remember thinking that there could hardly be a better to way to wrap up a true metal festival such as KIT than to play a classic Priest song. Well I was instantly proven wrong!

Do you happen to know what the tracklisting for the KIT X (double?)dvd will be? I guess that'll be available at KIT XI as well (not that I'll be attending).

edit: Well this is certainly a bit sloppier than I remembered but who cares.
I guess all the adrenaline makes a world of difference.

- Denholm Reynholm

Last edited by tsorl : September 30th, 2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old October 7th, 2008, 10:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Aias
Fantasy Football Genius

Dude, thanks for posting that! JP killed on that song!
Old November 10th, 2008, 11:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
tsorl
Borne on Wings of Steel

The KIT X double dvd is coming out soon and it looks like it has a total of 18 JP songs!
Nuclear Blast shop
Quote:
# Jag Panzer:
# Generally Hostile
# Licensed to Kill
# Symphony of Terror
# Black
# King at a Price
# Fates Triumph
# Lustfull and Free
# Tyranny
# Warfare
# The Mission
# Chain of Command
# Never Surrender
# Shadow Thief
# Take to the Sky
# Gypsy
# Electric Eye
# Where Eagles Dare
These tracks alone would be worth the 22 they're asking but of course there's hours of material from all the other bands as well...

- Denholm Reynholm
Old November 10th, 2008, 11:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Jean-Pierre
Son of The Bitch

@ the KIT dvd tracklist:

Gots to get me one of those.
Old November 13th, 2008, 08:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
elTob
A magic man, mama!

Old November 13th, 2008, 08:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
Michael von Rabensblut
The mighty STRYGON

Godamit, I believe I can get it somewhere:

Most of the bands on this DVD all my all time favourites (Omen, Helstar, Cage, Manilla Road, Jag Panzer), incredible dvd release.

Old December 28th, 2008, 02:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Michael von Rabensblut
The mighty STRYGON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael von Rabensblut View Post
Godamit, I believe I can get it somewhere:

Most of the bands on this DVD all my all time favourites (Omen, Helstar, Cage, Manilla Road, Jag Panzer), incredible dvd release.
I have it, I have it !!!!Oh my God the two DVDs have all around 8 hours !!!!!!! Buy it !!!!!

Old December 28th, 2008, 02:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Michael von Rabensblut
The mighty STRYGON

Guys, I have to say that you rule. Great performance from everybody, especcialy from from Harry. All high notes clear.

Old December 28th, 2008, 04:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Chris Lasegue
Ex-Jag Panzer Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael von Rabensblut View Post
Guys, I have to say that you rule. Great performance from everybody, especcialy from from Harry. All high notes clear.
Thanks, Michael! Where did you end up getting your copy from?
Old December 30th, 2008, 05:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
Harry(not the Tyrant)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lasegue View Post
Should be available at www.Hellionrecords.de or www.nuclearblast.de .

Old December 30th, 2008, 11:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
Michaela
Metal Melts The Ice

as far as i know every musician should get his copy anyway from oli for free, i will check that... i will let you know chris...
Old December 30th, 2008, 12:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Chris Lasegue
Ex-Jag Panzer Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaela View Post
as far as i know every musician should get his copy anyway from oli for free, i will check that... i will let you know chris...
Thanks, Michaela...that would be great! It's just the principle of the thing...he used our entire show and made no offer to give us a copy! Thank you for checking on it! Happy New Year!
Old January 7th, 2009, 07:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
Michael von Rabensblut
The mighty STRYGON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lasegue View Post

I ordered it via Rock Extremum (a local shop). Guys from there are going once in two weeks to Germany, they brought it for me.

Once again: excellent performance guys.

Old January 29th, 2009, 05:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
Sjusovaren
Adrian Smith-wannabe

This I gotta hear! One of my favourite Iron Maiden songs (probably the best band ever , IMO)!

I'm extremely new to Jag Panzer, but this should be a treat!
Old February 4th, 2009, 02:04 PM   #18 (permalink)
Assault_Attack

I wonder if this will come avaliable here in the states? A live cd from this would be cool also.
Old February 5th, 2009, 06:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
elTob
A magic man, mama!

I highly doubt that the dvd will be released in the US.
You could of course buy it online on a German website for about 20. The problem is that shipping costs to the US seem to be very high, again approx. 20.
Old February 6th, 2009, 07:02 AM   #20 (permalink)
tsorl
Borne on Wings of Steel

The shipping costs at Nuclear Blast and Hellion Records (the only two shops selling the KIT DVD) are pretty steep, about 20€. I think the postage rates are fixed so if you want to be economic you should order a lot of stuff at once. But if you just want the DVD you should order it directly from the festival organisers, I bought two copies that way and the total price incl. shipping was 50€. I don't know what they'll charge for delivery to the US but you should definitely drop them an email.
KIT shop

To be brutally honest about the DVD, JP's performance is far from flawless but fun to watch anyway and the filming and production are high quality. It is the best live Panzer material you can buy at the moment and with all the other great bands on there, buying this DVD is really a no-brainer.

- Denholm Reynholm

Last edited by tsorl : February 6th, 2009 at 07:10 AM.
Old February 6th, 2009, 01:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
Chris Lasegue
Ex-Jag Panzer Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsorl View Post
The shipping costs at Nuclear Blast and Hellion Records (the only two shops selling the KIT DVD) are pretty steep, about 20. I think the postage rates are fixed so if you want to be economic you should order a lot of stuff at once. But if you just want the DVD you should order it directly from the festival organisers, I bought two copies that way and the total price incl. shipping was 50. I don't know what they'll charge for delivery to the US but you should definitely drop them an email.
KIT shop

To be brutally honest about the DVD, JP's performance is far from flawless but fun to watch anyway and the filming and production are high quality. It is the best live Panzer material you can buy at the moment and with all the other great bands on there, buying this DVD is really a no-brainer.
Hey guys. I just wanted to clear some things up about this DVD. First of all, when Jag Panzer called me to rejoin the band I was very busy teaching 60 students per week and I had less that 2 months to totally try to learn the entire show. Keep in mind that I had to do this around my already insanely busy schedule. Second, we only rehearsed a couple of times in living rooms or hotel rooms. These weren't full-blown rehearsals...just enough to ensure that we could play the songs well. Third, we traveled over 20 hours to get there and were very tired by show-time. Fourth, we had absolutely NO IDEA that they were going to release a film of our ENTIRE set! When we got back home from the show they said they'd like to release a "COUPLE" of songs and Rikard did his best to find and remix a couple of them. (Keep in mind also that we didn't get copies of this DVD, nor even ONE CENT!) Fifth, as soon as we started playing the show the amplifier that they plugged me into began cutting out, and continued to do so for the entire show. Needless to say, I was very frustrated. So, to sum it up, I hope you guys enjoy this DVD, but please consider all of these things before making your judgements.
Old February 6th, 2009, 03:38 PM   #22 (permalink)
Golden_Goose

Chris,

No need to clear things up but I'm glad you did. I don;t have the DVD but regardless of any opinions...it's a "must have" for Panzer fans so I'll gladly pay whatever the postage is and will enjoy it from first to last tune
Old February 6th, 2009, 03:56 PM   #23 (permalink)
Michaela
Metal Melts The Ice

Quote:
Hey guys. I just wanted to clear some things up about this DVD. First of all, when Jag Panzer called me to rejoin the band I was very busy teaching 60 students per week and I had less that 2 months to totally try to learn the entire show. Keep in mind that I had to do this around my already insanely busy schedule. Second, we only rehearsed a couple of times in living rooms or hotel rooms. These weren't full-blown rehearsals...just enough to ensure that we could play the songs well. Third, we traveled over 20 hours to get there and were very tired by show-time. Fourth, we had absolutely NO IDEA that they were going to release a film of our ENTIRE set! When we got back home from the show they said they'd like to release a "COUPLE" of songs and Rikard did his best to find and remix a couple of them. (Keep in mind also that we didn't get copies of this DVD, nor even ONE CENT!) Fifth, as soon as we started playing the show the amplifier that they plugged me into began cutting out, and continued to do so for the entire show. Needless to say, I was very frustrated. So, to sum it up, I hope you guys enjoy this DVD, but please consider all of these things before making your judgements.

first of all i think that simply having some newer live material of jag on dvd is a great thing, but i can understand your feelings about it... i really don't understand why you did not get any information they want to take the entire show... the way it ususally works, bands need to give their OK for having their songs on the DVD ... cause some often want to release their own stuff , so they simply don't allow them to cut and release them on the official KIT DVD... i seriously wonder...

also harry was supposed to get the dvd copy ... if you don't have it yet i will bring you mine at play it loud festival... i'm sorry it happened that way...it's definitely not ok like this... about the circumstances, i think everyone should understand that... i personally think it's been a great show and you rocked the house and did the best to make your crowd going nuts, no worries...
Old February 26th, 2009, 08:27 AM   #24 (permalink)
nckissfan
SVT Cobra Club

very cool cover of Where Eagles Dare!!
Old March 12th, 2009, 05:26 PM   #25 (permalink)
Katana Overlord
Master of the Pit

Man that LP idea sounds killer. I would love to pick that up, along with the KIT X DVD. Anyone know a good place to get the DVD at least? And yes it is a kick ass cover song!