Katatonia  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Katatonia
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 5th, 2004, 04:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
ether
°°§°°

Västerås gig

is someone here going to this gig?
Do you know if the other bands who are playing with katatonia are good?
How is this club where the festival is held?
I' m thinking about visiting Sweden again...but it seems so difficul to find a cheap accomodation in Västerås...Maye someone of you can help me?

"En fågel sjunger inte för att den har några frågor eller svar, en fågel sjunger för att den har en sång.”

Last edited by ether : March 5th, 2004 at 04:24 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 5th, 2004, 04:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
lis_
gackgack

Geht es Deinem Kata-Konto zu gut, hm? Meins macht nur noch IIEEKS und guckt traurig...

Sorry for not talking in english, but my post is,ehm, not of "general interest" I think
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 5th, 2004, 05:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
ether
°°§°°

Quote:
Originally Posted by lis_
Geht es Deinem Kata-Konto zu gut, hm? Meins macht nur noch IIEEKS und guckt traurig...

Sorry for not talking in english, but my post is,ehm, not of "general interest" I think
Ich bin auch pleite, bin nur verrückt Aber wir planen, es ist bis jetzt nur eine Idee...
Hoffe, ich werde eine gute Arbeit in Italien finden...mein Kata-konto ist fast leer...

"En fågel sjunger inte för att den har några frågor eller svar, en fågel sjunger för att den har en sång.”
Old March 5th, 2004, 01:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
salisbury

I read that this is an indoor-festival. WHY INDOOR? That lacks trueness; maybe it was too cold in northern scandinavia, and now they need something to warm up their fingers...but at least it's a METAL IS NOT DEAD-Festival. Maybe that's the reason why they're playing there...and that's why they practise posing on their SOUNDCHECKS!!!
Old March 7th, 2004, 03:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Hobo
Señor Member

i´l be out somewhere in dalarna snowboarding by then, so sorry.... no cd-store-tourism this time for me...
Old March 7th, 2004, 03:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tranquillian
Svartmetallist

These are the cheapest hotels I could find. I will not be able to go myself because I will be working. I live within crawling distance of the place.

Ibis hotel +46 21 120220 Walking distance
Ta inn hotel +46 21 139600 tainnhotell@tainnhotell.se Spitting distance
Old March 7th, 2004, 04:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
zeroMaximum
www.almenconi.com

maybe i should go... :] would be cool
Old March 8th, 2004, 12:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
seventi
Viva Lonliness!

I am sure going because the show is only 10 minutes from were I live. All I know is that the place isn't big so there will probably be more of a venue feeling to it. Something I prefer.

Anyway, I'll be there, ready with my digicam, an interview and my cd's ready for signing.

If anybody is interested I'll post the pics later.

Btw, Amaran is pretty good. I dl there "Pristine in Bondage" and it was a pretty good album.
Old March 8th, 2004, 12:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
seventi
Viva Lonliness!

@Tranquillian: Seen you around the boards many times. Didn't know you were from Västerås too.
Old March 10th, 2004, 02:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mind of Winter
Musician

I will be there! Another great band is corporation 187 but they are not as good as katatonia.
Old March 12th, 2004, 05:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
ether
°°§°°

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquillian
These are the cheapest hotels I could find. I will not be able to go myself because I will be working. I live within crawling distance of the place.

Ibis hotel +46 21 120220 Walking distance
Ta inn hotel +46 21 139600 tainnhotell@tainnhotell.se Spitting distance
thanks a lot for the infos, it was very nice of you. Unfortunately I won' t be going anymore...thought about sparing money to see more gigs together...moreover that it would have been too hectic for me, I have to fly back to Italy on Monday...

Mhh I think Amaran live aren't that great...I wasn't impressed by their performance...I also don't know the other bands and as Salisbury said an INDOOR festival is UNTRUE
Hopefully they will play more gigs in Southern Sweden, I begin to miss Sweden, I just want to come back and Katatonia would be a good excuse...

A btw, my pics of the Stockholm and Olso gig are coming soon...maybe next week I'll post them on the forum.

Last edited by ether : March 12th, 2004 at 05:40 AM.
Old March 13th, 2004, 11:54 AM   #12 (permalink)
Annie
that's me.

Amaran ruless
agh i wish i could go.. scandinavians are so lucky.. bleh

humm its tonight i think.. please tell us everything when u come back (and take pics!!! )
Old March 14th, 2004, 08:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
Frith

yeaterdays show were OK...

Katatonias performance were delayed 2 hours... they walked up on stage at 01 am instead of 11 pm. The sound was pretty bad i.m.o. The start sounded tierd, but after the first tune (ghost of the sun), they really rocked!!!
setlist:
1 ghost of the sun
2 criminals
3 teargas
4 stalemate
5 sweet nurse
6 wealth
7 complicity
8 evidence
9 tonight's music
10 for my demons
11 future of speach
12 sleeper

no encore!!! people went home... tierd of music it seems.

Maybe the went home to see the "schlagerfestival" their VCR recorded!!!
Old March 14th, 2004, 09:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
zeroMaximum
www.almenconi.com

i think yesterdays show was great! when 'corporation 187' were playing i sat pretty much next to blakkheim in the audience, and that was cool aswell :]
GOT MY POSTER SIGNED! YEAH DUDE!
had to leave early because of the delay :\ i left while they were playing for my demons, but it wasnt any heavy by then, a lot of people had already left... :x fuck you mr. Delay!
Old March 14th, 2004, 12:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Blakkheim
In the Still of the Night

just thought i'd leave a note on yesterdays gig. it all started with a bitch from the venue entering our dressing room demanding NO alcohol what so ever to be drinken or stored in that room and refered to a political decision made for this place. Needless to say, we argued with the fact: how can you have a festival of metal bands playing and not allow them to drink their OWN bought beers in their private dressing rooms? well, that was it and they would come back to check this was sustained - christ! that really set the whole night to a pathetic level. then there was this extreme delay in the playing schedule which resulted in us entering the stage past fuckin 01 in the night. no wonder people had left to catch their last trains and busses. sorry, but as u can imagine, there just wasnt any passion left in the air. we even didnt have time to play our full set until the place closed. thanks to the few people who still stuck around. it'll be better next time.

Old March 14th, 2004, 08:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
Varg-
Banned

Blakkheim: Yeah, I was there, travelling from Stockholm... I stood in the center, in front of Jonas.
I also greeted you and told Jonas I loved him.
I felt really stupid and disrespecting when I had to leave the gig, in the middle of "for my demons". But, the latest bus was departing ten minutes from then, so hear my excuse
I was actually thinking about not bother the bus, and sleep in the snow untill the next one departed, 9:00 next morning.
But anyway, I think it was a very nice gig as long as I could stay. Allthough you were not satisfied, I think it was one of my best live-experiences. And yes, I've seen quite alot. Haha.
Thank you.

Last edited by Varg- : March 14th, 2004 at 09:46 PM.
Old March 14th, 2004, 08:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
SolarKnife
Hanged Man

Yeah that sucked dude!

I wanted to hear Murder and Deadhouse so bad =/

Haha, the same thing happened to us, we were standing outside drinking, and this old lady approached us and said that this was a arrangemant for the youth and that drinking alchohol was very inappropriate. Come on!!
Old March 14th, 2004, 08:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
SolarKnife
Hanged Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varg-
I also greeted you and told Jonas I love him.
Hehe, I was standing right beside you =)
Old March 14th, 2004, 10:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
Varg-
Banned

Solar, Japp (Angår bara svenskar ändå antar jag.) Jag snackade med dig och dina kamrater ett tag också, om jag kommer ihåg ditt ansikte rätt. Ni var ett par trevliga bönder ; ) Du borde komma ihåg mitt namn faktiskt.

En sak jag ogillade starkt under konserten var när Mr. Snyggo - bassisten katatonia började tjaffsa med nån snusfylld sportkille i publiken som inte gjorde annat än förstörde. De verkade vara vänner eller något, för Mattias skrattade bara och pratade tillbaka med disco-killen som skrek "Sug min kuk" åt katatonia. Sånt blir jag jääävligt förbannad över. Speciellt när Mattias bara fortsätter le och prata. Om jag hade varit honom hade jag sagt direkt "Håll käften för fan! Vi spelar känslig och sorgsen musik, och folk kanske inte har kommit till våran spelning för att se en jävla onykter apa."
Och jag är minst lika förbannat på Herr Mattias-snygg-förstår-ingenting-Norrman som den där Sportbjörnen. Där gjorde han bort sig. Jag måste förtydliga att jag anser katatonia som helt perfekt i övrigt. Alltid. Kan bara ha svårt för nyvärvade medlemmar som till synes bara är "snygga med bas" men tydligen inte så seriösa : (
Bränn, bränn, bränn!
Old March 15th, 2004, 05:26 AM   #20 (permalink)
Mind of Winter
Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varg-
En sak jag ogillade starkt under konserten var när Mr. Snyggo - bassisten katatonia började tjaffsa med nån snusfylld sportkille i publiken som inte gjorde annat än förstörde.
Jag och min kompis stötte på honom också. Helt plötsligt mitt under konserten sprang han rakt in i mig som en jävla kanon kula. Sen försökte han stagediva men det slutade med att han hamnade i golvet.
SLÄNG UT HONOM FÖR FAN!!

Om man bortser ifrån honom och förseningarna var det ett bra gig.
Vill passa på att tacka Mattias och Fred också för att dom signerade mina skivor.

Last edited by Mind of Winter : March 15th, 2004 at 05:34 AM.
Old March 15th, 2004, 05:58 AM   #21 (permalink)
Varg-
Banned

Mm... Han och nån jävla dvärg slog sig själva in i publiken så de kom längst fram. Tur för de att de inte försökte sno min plats.
Old March 15th, 2004, 08:28 AM   #22 (permalink)
SolarKnife
Hanged Man

Varg: Nja, visst hade jag druckit men... Jag har faktist inget minne av att jag snackade med dig

Jo jag såg också det där mongot som försökte stage-diva, synd att han inte avled.
Old March 15th, 2004, 09:17 AM   #23 (permalink)
Varg-
Banned

Var det inte du som hade en flickvän med dig, som var 15?
Old March 15th, 2004, 09:18 AM   #24 (permalink)
SolarKnife
Hanged Man

Nopp, det var någon annan...
Old March 15th, 2004, 10:52 AM   #25 (permalink)
Drynwhyl
infp

och? gå vidare, det blir nämligen just nu riktigt intressant (hmm, jag har en känsla av att jag avlyssna här)

så angår jag mycket mera att jag inte kunde vara där, vi borde ha gört upp med den där disco-killen, heh.