Katatonia  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Katatonia
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 9th, 2004, 01:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bellum

new "UNTRUE" song

sorry but... it sux !

noice, then boring monotous guitar, then brutal explosion, and then again the same boring monotous guitar.

Last edited by Bellum : April 9th, 2004 at 01:39 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 9th, 2004, 02:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Varg-
Banned

It seems like something from V.E. to judge your bad description.... Which song do you mean, and why are you creating a thread about it?
Damn, this pisses me off!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 9th, 2004, 04:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Halfkakkende
Also known as Maarten

If it's about Untrue from the Brave Yester Days album:

I kinda like it .

Old April 9th, 2004, 04:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Bellum

im talking about Untrue song from Brave Yester Days. its really boring, i dont understand why they have published it.

Anyway, may be somebody have lyrics for that song ?

Last edited by Bellum : April 9th, 2004 at 04:15 PM.
Old April 9th, 2004, 04:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Varg-
Banned

Damn guys... have you downloaded it this fast? You don't even give those who bought the album a chance to have som cred.
Old April 9th, 2004, 05:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Drynwhyl
infp

yep, wait a bit, i should get my copy this coming week.. (mp3 sucks)

@Bellum: do you judge 'Untrue' so comparing it only to VE?
Old April 10th, 2004, 04:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Bellum

VE ? You mean Viva Emptiness ? Nope, im comparing it with SoD (my favorite Katatonia release) and with BMD of cos. I think that Untrue is too "weak" to include it into compilation. I mostly prefer "old" Katatonia, and awaited that song so long, and now... disappointed.

Last edited by Bellum : April 10th, 2004 at 04:05 AM.
Old April 10th, 2004, 05:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
gone
zabijasz mnie

Well I guess there had to be a good reason why this song remained unreleased for so long.
Old April 12th, 2004, 09:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
Schism
Evacuate, Assemble here..

I think it's nice!

Old April 12th, 2004, 12:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
ether
°°§°°

I bought Brave Yester Days the other day and well it's not for the unreleased track "Untrue" I bought it...The song is short and nothing special, but I already knew it was something like that...

Anyways, the artwork and package is nice, even if I whished there were more old photos...and then I dind't have "Jhva Elohim Meth", the "Saw you drown Ep" and the "WAR compilation"...so now my collection is kinda complete (the originals would have been better though..)

"En fågel sjunger inte för att den har några frågor eller svar, en fågel sjunger för att den har en sång.”
Old April 13th, 2004, 01:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
doom_dragon
dead soul

@ Bellum: Because of your review, I had very little expections to this song. I have to admit, this is not one of this tracks that "blast you away" immediantly. But it has something special... Sad, that it's so short. There is no real reason, I think, why it wasn't released on SoD. I like it!

Btw, did anyone play "Final Fantasy VI"? (FF3 in the U.S.) When you are in the city of Narshe, the wind noise has exactly the same sound, like in the background of this song.
Old April 14th, 2004, 03:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
John Carvajal
KATATONIANATHEMA

is there any differnce between JHVA demo, JHVA the revival and the one in Brave Yester days??

please

(recording)

I heard the demo was diferent of ..the revival

??
Old April 14th, 2004, 01:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
samoniac

I like it, a lot. Of course it's monotonous, more than anything else Katatonia have done. But I find it very magical a song, just the way it's supposed be I think.
Old April 14th, 2004, 03:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
TheFourthHorseman
In The Twilight World

Could someone say what the first set of lyrics in Untrue says? If anyone can tell...cause the artwork is a bit annoying in that way in parts, the lyrics can't be seen so well, and there barely at all...
I haven't bought it though, a friend did yesterday and I'm eager to buy it too. Heard Sounds Of Decay for the first time and it sounded very good. Unfortunately I don't have the cash to buy Brave Yester Days so far, but one day.
Old April 15th, 2004, 04:31 AM   #15 (permalink)
opethmaniac

hey guys , mikael akerfeldt is singing on this one !! so i don't see how this song could be bad !!