Katatonia  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Katatonia
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 17th, 2004, 10:34 AM   #51 (permalink)
Varg-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epistel
The experience,called 'Katatonia' is very personal ,and therefore it's impossible for me to listen to the music all the time,i can't imagine that it's possible to listen to such music at class..i preffer to have a special circumstances by listening to Katatonia like rainy days,gloom and free time,but to my regret i just haven't this possibilities as often as i wish,and therefore i'm listening to Katatonia during the minutes,when i have not to be fully concentrated for the rest of the world..i like to listen to the music while i'm walking,in the bus and so on..but i can't imagine that i will ever listen to this music while near to me are people,that i know,the mute flock is not so dangerous and suspicious,but for the people that bear a really deep relation to me this will be always a closen door of my inner world.I remember once that my partner wanted to listen to "Discouraged Ones" ,while i was there..and my only way for salvation was to hide myself under the blanket..this music is just like infection..like a disease and truth that must be hidden for the others..
Nice

thebleakhorizon, ah... Pretty much like me. That's good, and that's the point with katatonia! Allthough the cool guys havn't realized that yet. haha, suckers
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 17th, 2004, 10:41 AM   #52 (permalink)
salisbury

with my ears; in my treehouse; drink 3 bottles of banana liquor (filling up emptiness) ; dream about grails (and december souls)...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 17th, 2004, 10:43 AM   #53 (permalink)
Varg-
Banned

It is really pleasant listening to katatonia while walking through dark and old alleys, like in "Gamla Stan" (means; The Old Town and was built in the medieval times), especially when it rains. Walking in the rain listening to katatonia is nice in general.

I think certain albums fits good to certain places. In nature I prefer Dance of December Souls and Brave Murder Day.
In cities and subways Viva Emptiness fits really good
In sunshine(actually, haha) last fair deal is the best, I feel great turning on with the first song dispossesion!

Ofcourse it's hard to put all the albums in certain situations / places, but some of them at least, in my opinion...
What do you think?
Old May 17th, 2004, 01:17 PM   #54 (permalink)
Drynwhyl
infp

Dispossession is a great "kick" indeed, a blowing away opener.. could drive me to kick around the garbage cans going out of the house early in the morning.
no, seriosly.. i also think some Katatonia albums could fit a given time and a given place better than others. i see the things pretty much the same as Varg has told above.
i like to take a walk through some abondoned and silent guarters here while listening to Last Fair.. it's not obligatory or something but i do it over and over again without thinking why, for what reason and so on..
Old May 17th, 2004, 01:44 PM   #55 (permalink)
Varg-
Banned

Wohoo
Old May 18th, 2004, 07:30 AM   #56 (permalink)
zeroMaximum
www.almenconi.com

hmm walking through gamla stan seems interesting.. too bad there are about a million tourists there :\
Old May 18th, 2004, 10:10 AM   #57 (permalink)
Varg-
Banned

nah, man.... only if you walk on the tourist-streets... and they're definatly not there when it's raining anyway
Old May 19th, 2004, 10:54 AM   #58 (permalink)
zeroMaximum
www.almenconi.com

haha true. japanese people probably dont like rain.
Old May 20th, 2004, 08:52 AM   #59 (permalink)
caligo
still life

I'll have to agree with cerulean as well. first of all, accept that different kinds of people listen to same kind of music. Neither Katatonia or other bands are for depressed or sad people only. And accept that people have different preferences on how to get in touch and get touched by music, i.e. katatonia. Ok, so some of you needs candles, darkness whatever to fully concentrate on the music, while the rest of us doesn't need that to create certain atmospheres to enjoy and experience the emotions Katatonia gives us. -Katatonia will, in my case, create those atmospheres for me! Whether I'm on the bus, at school, at work etc., listening to Katatonia in my headphones will always get me in a particular 'mood'. (Of course, major distraction would make this more difficult.) I must admit I too sometimes like to turn off the lights, shut the world around me and stop the time and put on music like Katatonia, and this calms me, but that's more about the particular feeling of a quiet dark place than about that particular music. The music is an extra, a bonus. No matter which setting I'm in, I will always be able to concentrate fully on music I love, and don't f***ing tell me this music isn't meant for 'us'! Be more open-minded and accept the fact that you are not alone in this world of having the need to listen to Katatonia to get "estethical satisfaction"...!
Old May 21st, 2004, 02:43 PM   #60 (permalink)
TheFourthHorseman
In The Twilight World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varg-
nah, man.... only if you walk on the tourist-streets... and they're definatly not there when it's raining anyway
Practically only the main street (with the wonderful sci-fi & fantasy literature shop) was packed and no other street had much traffic when our class was there (of course we were more like tourists than anyone else). The gamla stan is really beautiful, great architecture.
Old May 22nd, 2004, 05:15 AM   #61 (permalink)
Epistel
expecting not to be

hehe..caligo..and the music CALMS you..really?I don't know this feeling ..the music of Katatonia has never calmed me,maybe the releases of At The Gates and Bloodbath does(after a hour head-banging and jumping around it's difficult to have more vigour and the power for uncalmness)..The music of Katatonia washes me away into my inner abysm,but this is the last place ,where i can find calmness..
Old May 22nd, 2004, 05:18 AM   #62 (permalink)
Epistel
expecting not to be

thanks,Varg
Old May 23rd, 2004, 03:59 PM   #63 (permalink)
Varg-
Banned

caligo, I didn't read everything you wrote, only the first part. But when you said "I agree with cerulean" you embarassed yourself and that post totally. Because I could see that your point in the post was that we should be open minded against people - and that's just what cerulean is not. Look around you in the thread, damnit. HE IS the one attacking and trying to make fun of people that have certain methods to listen to the music. He tries to act like the one that is too cool for these methods, but what he doesn't know is that he suffers musical stupidity, not being able to listen to music the concentrated way, recieve feelings with the music etc.
Old May 24th, 2004, 04:54 AM   #64 (permalink)
Cerulean
Not very cerulean eh

Quote:
caligo, I didn't read everything you wrote, only the first part. But when you said "I agree with cerulean" you embarassed yourself and that post totally. Because I could see that your point in the post was that we should be open minded against people - and that's just what cerulean is not. Look around you in the thread, damnit. HE IS the one attacking and trying to make fun of people that have certain methods to listen to the music. He tries to act like the one that is too cool for these methods, but what he doesn't know is that he suffers musical stupidity, not being able to listen to music the concentrated way, recieve feelings with the music etc.
LOL! I didn't attack anyone in here until you started behaving like a donkey on crack. I just made clear I DON'T NEED THESE CHEESY BOLLOCKS TO ENJOY MUSIC! I don't feel superior than you dork, actually you were accusing me of not being worthy of listening to Katatonia, and THAT'S an insult to ME. Not that I take you very seriously though so in fact I don't care. I'm not making fun of anyone, just let me enjoy my music the way I do, you have your opinion on that, that's okay to me, but please let me have my opinion on your way of listening. I don't like it, deal with it. I don't care you do it your way, and forums exist to give opinions, I gave my thoughts, so don't behave like a fucked up angry kid.
Old May 24th, 2004, 05:02 AM   #65 (permalink)
pistol_pete

I prefer to listen to music with friends and a few beers.

Old May 24th, 2004, 06:09 AM   #66 (permalink)
Cerulean
Not very cerulean eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistol_pete
I prefer to listen to music with friends and a few beers.
Excellent
Old May 24th, 2004, 06:25 AM   #67 (permalink)
Varg-
Banned

Cerulean, didn't read your post from "Today, 09:54 AM" and I will not. Now cut it
Old May 24th, 2004, 07:26 AM   #68 (permalink)
gone
zabijasz mnie

Would you two fucking stop that shit already?
Old May 24th, 2004, 09:10 AM   #69 (permalink)
Varg-
Banned

yepp! That's why I don't read his posts
Old May 24th, 2004, 09:24 AM   #70 (permalink)
Allan
Banned

How about continuing this via PMs, Cer. saying he doesn't really care what Varg thinks and Varg replying he doesn't read C's pms, you could have fun with that for ages.
Old May 24th, 2004, 09:50 AM   #71 (permalink)
Varg-
Banned

Okay, so we try to continue for those who are interested....
Which albums are best for which places, methods?
Old May 24th, 2004, 10:14 AM   #72 (permalink)
Cerulean
Not very cerulean eh

I have the right to defend myself publically when he's publically accusing me of some lies. (or things he likes to believe to be the truth)
For me the discussion ends here, and you always want me not to post stuff here, so I don't exactly understand why you keep involving ME in your posts, that's just asking for it. Don't even call my name here again, and you won't hear from me. Unless I can discuss stuff with other people.
Old May 24th, 2004, 10:45 AM   #73 (permalink)
Varg-
Banned

Go cry some, I guess that makes you feel better since you have gotten accused public Honestly, you've been acting like an asshole against those who have certain methods listening to katatonia. And you have done that on purpose, so don't come cry here about accusing... and I don't understand why you even read this thread, since the matter don't interest you at all?

Quotes by you:
"No cheesy candle or darkness bollocks for me."
Offence.
"Cheer up, get a life"
Offence.
"Just read what you've just written there. YOU're obviously the retard. Haha ace"
Offence.
"*violins*
Oh the drama..."
Offence.

So... will you stop play so inocent and just leave the thread be? Since it (again) doesn't interest you.
I won't read your posts at all from now on.... I hope dudes can keep up the nice discussions here.
Old May 24th, 2004, 11:25 AM   #74 (permalink)
Cerulean
Not very cerulean eh

Quote:
Go cry some, I guess that makes you feel better since you have gotten accused public Honestly, you've been acting like an asshole against those who have certain methods listening to katatonia. And you have done that on purpose, so don't come cry here about accusing... and I don't understand why you even read this thread, since the matter don't interest you at all?

Quotes by you:
"No cheesy candle or darkness bollocks for me."
Offence.
"Cheer up, get a life"
Offence.
"Just read what you've just written there. YOU're obviously the retard. Haha ace"
Offence.
"*violins*
Oh the drama..."
Offence.

So... will you stop play so inocent and just leave the thread be? Since it (again) doesn't interest you.
I won't read your posts at all from now on.... I hope dudes can keep up the nice discussions here.
lol, I've noticed something funny about you, you always say you don't read my posts, but actually you reply on them, so somehow I fail to believe you
By the way, the first thing you quoted there was a general thought of mine, read this: IT WAS NOT A PERSONAL INSULT TOWARDS YOU. If you thought it was, well then this whole matter is one big fat nonsense. (it is anyway)
And that caused you to become a bit annoyed and you projected it onto me, that's where it went wrong cos I never intended to cause this. Your replies to me were personal, whereas my first post was general. I normally laugh at people who have pointless discussions like we do and others have the right to do the same here. But I can NOT accept you saying things that aren't true, so this discussion isn't over until you realise that I didn't get personal until you did. However, if you can't accept that, don't reply to this and that would end the discussion too. I said that in my previous post by the way and you didn't listen.
Oh and you'll never tell me whether I'm worthy to listen to Katatonia or not.
Old May 24th, 2004, 11:27 AM   #75 (permalink)
Varg-
Banned

I didn't read. Hope this is the end of it.