Katatonia  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Katatonia
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 25th, 2008, 03:22 AM   #526 (permalink)
Vincent J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Existenzleid View Post
Hello everybody, been visiting the UM forums for long, but just got active.
My name is Richard, I'm from Austria, I enjoy all kinds of emotionally valuable music, play classical and acoustic guitar.
May sound pretty cliché, but music like Katatonia helped me through some rough times.

Take a look at my last.fm to see what stuff I listen (and a photo of me ): http://www.last.fm/user/Existenzleid/

see you around.
I like your avatar ;P
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 13th, 2008, 01:48 PM   #527 (permalink)
kittie_bread

How do. Signed up aaaaages ago and only just remembered about this place via the DT board.

So, I am Kath, I love tea
Old February 13th, 2008, 02:03 PM   #528 (permalink)
M3

Welcome, kittie bread!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 13th, 2008, 02:27 PM   #529 (permalink)
kittie_bread

Thank you

A bit of a silly user name though, heaven knows what I was thinking 4 years ago, haha
Old February 14th, 2008, 03:16 AM   #530 (permalink)
MadTinus
Spelling/language nazi

Welcome! You seem like a cool chick!
Old February 14th, 2008, 04:50 PM   #531 (permalink)
Nightmare_Heaven
Death Disco

I'm Chris. I'm 16 and from England.

I'll probably be here more than anywhere else on ultimate metal.com. I was looking for a metal band that could touch me in the way the softest and most emotional music can, and Katatonia fitted the bill right from the moment I first heard them. That was a year or so ago but I didn't pay much attention, but thought "My Twin" was great, then a few months back I was getting into more depressing music (for the good old get-me-through-the-shit routine) that wasn't so brutal compared to my usual depressing listenings (a lot of Funeral Doom Metal for example) and I gave Katatonia another try and *click*, I was loving it. I haven't heard a single song by them I haven't instantly loved.

Old February 14th, 2008, 08:24 PM   #532 (permalink)
M3

Welcome, Nightmare Heaven!
Old February 17th, 2008, 09:06 AM   #533 (permalink)
rakytyka

I started writting on this forum this week, but i started reading it years ago. I dont like writting much because my english is not as good as it should be, i didnt pay much attention during my highschool lessons, and ive almost forgotten the little i learnt... it is soooo frustrating when youve got smthg great to say but dont know how
well, about me, im 25, my name means sheep in hebrew, i want a black mazda 3 mps but i havent got enough money and of course, i love katatonia.
Old February 17th, 2008, 09:45 AM   #534 (permalink)
M3

Welcome, rakytyka!
Old February 25th, 2008, 09:05 AM   #535 (permalink)
Vincent J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakytyka View Post
I started writting on this forum this week, but i started reading it years ago. I dont like writting much because my english is not as good as it should be, i didnt pay much attention during my highschool lessons, and ive almost forgotten the little i learnt... it is soooo frustrating when youve got smthg great to say but dont know how
well, about me, im 25, my name means sheep in hebrew, i want a black mazda 3 mps but i havent got enough money and of course, i love katatonia.
You did well in this post ;P

And you can always learn english by using it a lot (in the forum for example)
Just ignore the people that might complain about it
Old February 27th, 2008, 09:48 AM   #536 (permalink)
DemonicaVonSin

Hello, I'm Demonica, 30. Just joined today and I have no idea why it took me so long...lol...I suck at intros so if ya wanna know something, ask, I might tell
Old February 28th, 2008, 01:04 PM   #537 (permalink)
M3

Welcome, Demonica!
Old February 28th, 2008, 02:28 PM   #538 (permalink)
Skaldir
formerly known as Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonicaVonSin View Post
Hello, I'm Demonica, 30. Just joined today and I have no idea why it took me so long...lol...I suck at intros so if ya wanna know something, ask, I might tell
Welcome. I will turn 30 in a few weeks, too. God, we're old
Abscession

my studio:
Kalthallen

--> Kalthallen Cabs - New MesOs 4x12 IR library out! <--
Old March 23rd, 2008, 07:59 AM   #539 (permalink)
Pigeon

Thirty is a fine age
I'm Pigeon, been a Katatonia fan for a few years now, thought I would have a look on the forum.
Er, that's it... Hello, nice to meet you.
Old March 27th, 2008, 02:24 PM   #540 (permalink)
Blakkkstein

Hi everyone I'm Blakkkstein,

Been into metal since 1986, when 17. Listened to bands like Saxon, Metal Church, Crimson Glory, Megadeth and then got into Metallica. Recent convert to Katatonia and Opeth, for that matter. Went on the Melloboat earlier this month, especially to see Anekdoten (The best Prog band there is) and met some great guys/gals Cis, Camille, Alex, Martijn, Bjorn and of course Mike. Caught the Opeth and Katatonia sets and was blown away with the sound/playing they produced. Been listening to 'The Great Cold Distance' album over and over again since returning, think 'In the White' is may favourite at the moment but 'July' and 'Soils Song' are belters too. Just ordered their previous 3 albums so cant wait for those to arrive. Anyway, enough rambling from me.

P.S.
No offense to the moderator, Blakkheim, but I was browsing on the forum before joining and misread the name when talking about it to Cis and she found it very amusing and insisted that I have this as my member name.

Last edited by Blakkkstein : March 27th, 2008 at 02:28 PM.
Old March 27th, 2008, 06:44 PM   #541 (permalink)
Cis

"So I browsed this Katatonia forum and saw people with strange names posting there... one guy calling himself Blakkstein or something..."
That was too cute!

I hope you're aware that Blakkheim is not only a moderator of this forum...
Welcome and stay here, so you can learn all about Katatonia
Old March 27th, 2008, 08:46 PM   #542 (permalink)
Blakkkstein

Thanks for the welcome, Cis.

I'm addicted to The Great Cold Distance at the moment, its in my car, my cd player and my PC. What am I to do; I glide above....am I dead to love???.
Old March 28th, 2008, 05:08 AM   #543 (permalink)
MadTinus
Spelling/language nazi

Hey Jeremy, haha!
Old March 31st, 2008, 06:59 AM   #544 (permalink)
batastrophe
Frivolous and near great.

Hey everyone.
My name is Jessica, I'm 20 years old, and from a "suburb" of Daytona Beach, Florida in the USA. Let's see. I've listened to Katatonia for about 6 years now, and (like most people here would say, I'm sure) am a huge fan. I've yet to see them live but it will happen one day, hopefully! I've been posting on the Opeth forum for several years now on this account and another one I forgot the login info for. I'm a pre-med/biology major in college.

I listen to a lot of different music but metal is definitely the most predominant. My favorites bands/artists in general are: Garmarna, Opeth, Katatonia, Bobby Mcferrin, Swallow the Sun, Vintersorg, Mr. Bungle, Faith No More, Therion, Shakira, Juanes, Chingon, DEBU. Yes, I like latin pop. I shall hang my head in shame.
Old April 11th, 2008, 04:37 AM   #545 (permalink)
Captain
Varmint-Cong

^Ah...A Swallow The Sun fan. Awesome

I'm Zack from Portland, OR btw. Interests are metal, that's about it. Some of my favorite bands are included in my sig for your viewing pleasure (sorry if I appear pompous). Other favorite bands are: Joy Division, Dinosaur Jr, Twisted Tower Dire, Pagan Altar, Manilla Road, Cirith Ungol, Candlemass, Solitude Aeturnus, Catacombs, Ahab, Torchbearer and Novembers Doom.

In my youth, I learn the truth
PURE METAL was the only way
Glam Rock can suck a cock
It's strictly for the closet gay
Burning Bright, my wheels ignite
Burning to the other side
Exodus was fucking right
ALL THE POSEURS MUST DIE!
-Zimmers Hole
Old April 11th, 2008, 09:17 AM   #546 (permalink)
M3

Welcome, batastrophe and Captain.
Old May 21st, 2008, 05:47 PM   #547 (permalink)
GT2000

Canadian, 39, wife, kids - and big metal fan

Hello - my name is Glenn, and I live in Vancouver, Canada.

Like many people here, I discovered Katatonia (and Porcupine Tree) through Opeth. It's almost criminal how under-represented they are in North America. This is a great band that deserves way more exposure than they've received -- though I see a break-through iminent here.

I'm 39 - a child of the 80s. Grew up reading Circus Magazine, thrashing to Ride the Lightning, and trying to make my hair look like Nikki Sixx's! Ha ha. Great era for music. My first concert was Van Halen 1984 tour with Diamond Dave. Saw Metallica mere weeks after Cliff was killed in that bus accident.

Kinda fell away from metal in the 90's. Spent a lot of time getting into stuff like rap (Biggie Smalls), trip-hop (Air, Portishead) and other scenes.

I think Slipknot's Iowa was what got me REALLY excited about metal again. In 2006, did a net search looking for top metal albums. Reviewer recommended Opeth's Ghost Reveries and Lamb of God's Sacrament. I became a massive fan of LOG. Took me a while longer to get into Opeth, but when I did the love affair was total. They are my favorite band in the world now.

Katatonia - they're number two on the list. Love Jonas' voice, the song-writing is top-notch. I guess 'Unfurl' is my favorite song, but there's so many. I was pretty excited to read the band is contemplating exploring that whole 'Unfurl' sound, but really I like everything they've done.

My dream concert would be to have Opeth and Katatonia tour together, maybe do a little Bloodbath and Murder encore at the end? Ha ha - I KNOW I'm not alone here.

On a final note, glad to see metal alive and well, and populated by so many intelligent bands and fans. Cheers
Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:49 AM   #548 (permalink)
Vincent J.

Nice! Welcome!
Old June 5th, 2008, 08:02 PM   #549 (permalink)
MiniMoose

Ok, I'll try to introduce myself.

29 from Oslo Norway.
Living with my redheaded girlfriend whom I've known for 13 years or so, but only lived with for 2 years.

I'm now finished my education as a nurse..male nurse yes. No sweet nurse here..!

Other than that I love physical activities of most sorts. As I'm reaching for 30 years of age, frisbeegolf is becoming a loved sport. Not very physical in the heavy workout kind of way, but great fun fun in the sun sun..(spot the red dwarf ref?)
Love good humour like Eddie Izzard or Doug Stanhope, Bill Hicks, Blackadder, Spaced, Family Guy etc..

Always been very depressive music wise. Didn't pay much attention to Katatonia before The Last Fair Deal Gone Down came out. Loved it, but already had My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost, Moonspell, Cradle Of Filth, Lisa Germano, Elend, *insert random black metal band here* and the likes to satisfy my dark urges which sort of made Katatonia not interesting enough. I however bought Viva Emptiness when it came out and instantly hated it because it didn't sound anything like The Last Fair Deal Gone down. 3 years later an old internet friend from the MDB forum said to me that I really should check out the new Kat album..and I reluctantly did. Suddenly TGCD became gold and it also suddenly translated VE into gold too..and well, the rest is history. I've been listening to Katatonia nonstop for 2 years now more or less. Only Paradise Lost comes close to Katatonia right now.

I've been a great fan of many genres of music, but metal is the genre that seems to be closest to my heart still. Prog rock music was my obsession three years ago. Before that it was EBM/industrial music and before that goth music and before that Black metal..and before that Roxette?

Other than that...well...I can be quite the forum whore..and yes, if I provoke you, it's only because I'm bored. I'm mostly a very nice reflected guy..but I tend to want to get some friction in a forum. Without friction things just aren't as interesting.

I can be found at facebook in the official Kat forum there.

Got the cd 12.11.09. Happy now...not sure what I think yet. If it's Good, Great or Super duper great.
Old June 5th, 2008, 09:01 PM   #550 (permalink)
M3

Welcome to the Kata-Forum, MiniMoose!