Katatonia  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Katatonia
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 25th, 2009, 04:29 AM   #776 (permalink)
The Emptier
t3h b3aSt0rZ

well obviously ive been on UM a while and a frequent poster but i just got into katatonia and man i fucking love them. i first got the new album then i started going back through their shit and they rawk. im listening to the new one the most though, fucking nephilim, forsaker, and new night are just so god damn good.

Youtube
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 29th, 2009, 04:03 PM   #777 (permalink)
Pelata
LIVESAY - Frozen Hell '15

I honestly can't recall if I ever posted in this thread, and there are too many pages to go through to find out, so I'll just do it..

I'm Shawn...I'm 38 years old, married, one 16 year old son...I got into Katatonia when Discouraged Ones came out, hence my affinity for the clean vocal era over the death vocal era...I actually got the CD for free when I began doing reviews for what was then DigitalMetal.com (not TeethOfTheDivine.com) as a gift from I want to say Loana from Century Media...

Anyway, I'm a wannabe bass player...I love tinkering around with drum loops and ambient sounds...I'm also a singer and have released a handful of internationally released CD's, but the styles are more old school Metal and Rock sounds...but my favorite things to do is set up a drum loop and mess around with my bass tones and ambient sounds on my Boss BR-600 Digital 8-Track...maybe one day I'll come up with something good enough to at least give away...

My favorite bands are:

Katatonia (of course)
Chroma Key
Radiohead
Fates Warning
OSI
Explosions In The Sky
U2
Dream Theater
Porcupine Tree
Red Sparowes
Bigelf
King's X
Journey (had to drop Journey in my list)

Plus I've been getting into a lot more in the last couple years...Muse, Jesu, Zombi, Godspeed You! Black Emporer, A Silver Mt. Zion, Woven Hand, Lustmord, Mogwai, Earth...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old December 5th, 2009, 12:14 AM   #778 (permalink)
Nikki

*looks around*

Old December 10th, 2009, 08:58 PM   #779 (permalink)
GmT-Curwen
Wildhoney

Hi, I'm Curwen.
I'm a fan of Katatonia's older works mostly (like I just posted on the other thread, my favourite album is Dance of December Souls -followed by the '92 Rehearsal), so you won't see me posting that much here since most of the threads are about the new albums, but I might drop a few posts every now and then if I find interesting subjects
Old December 13th, 2009, 08:17 AM   #780 (permalink)
Adam Stryker
Tragic Idol

Hey Fellow Katatonia Fans

The Name is Adam im from a small town called West Point, Ms here in the states, I have been a Katatonia fan since The Great Cold Distance. I bought TGCD album at a store called FYE just cause the cover looked very dark and brutal needless to say i was blown away, I never would have thought that music like this was being made i played that album till my CD player quit spinning. Night is the New Day blew me away as well. Both albums are now on my WMP playlist i really do wish i had there older music.

Current bands i blast on a day to day basis
Katatonia
Paradise Lost
In Flames
Moonspell
Lacuna Coil
Slayer
metal metal metal metal thats about it.

In another realm and another dimension we will meet again, but for now we Rise together.
Old December 13th, 2009, 12:42 PM   #781 (permalink)
Nikki

I'm dj'ing Tuesday night,and I'll play some Katatonia again.
Old December 21st, 2009, 03:26 PM   #782 (permalink)
ruoto
The one who bites.

Ohai, I'm Anu, 22 years old girl from Finland.
I was active on these forums... ages ago. And now I'm back.
I fell in love with Katatonia when Discouraged Ones came out.
Well, thats my story. It's nice to be back.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 09:37 PM   #783 (permalink)
Ishtar_

Wink Hey

Im new here, my name is Rebecca Im 21 and Im mexican.
Im a kata fan for about 5 years now... and I like all kinds of metal and of course old times rock and roll
and love beer, cheers !
Old January 13th, 2010, 10:23 AM   #784 (permalink)
In_Confidence
Meticulous Invagination

Hello everyone,

My name is Lisa and right now I'm hooked on Katatonia's 'The Great Cold Distance', but I've also listened to 'Tonight's Decision' and 'Saw you Drown'. I'd definitely like to become more familiar with this band.

I mostly listen to death metal, but I really enjoy thrash, black metal, and some power metal.
I lacerate her lie spreading throat
Old January 29th, 2010, 06:02 AM   #785 (permalink)
MadMeg

Well, hello then.

I'm Megan, American by birth but I live in Sweden. After seeing Martin Mendez wearing Katatonia shirts in every picture for years, I finally checked 'em out and haven't gotten so deeply into a band so quickly since I discovered Voivod long ago. As you can see from my post count, I'm pretty much a lurker here at Ultimate Metal, but I figured I should at least say "hi" since I will be checking this board fairly often, especially once touring gets underway.
Old January 29th, 2010, 10:38 AM   #786 (permalink)
isolation_years

wow, welcome everyone
Old March 29th, 2010, 07:32 AM   #787 (permalink)
Flicker_84
Dancing December

Hm..

I'm 22 years old.. my name is Sunny

And My fav bands

Pink Floyd
Porcupine Tree
Katatonia
Anathema
Led Zeppelin
Sentenced..

And I'm From Turkey
Old March 29th, 2010, 07:44 AM   #788 (permalink)
DarkGift
ov Doom

welcome sunny
Old March 29th, 2010, 11:21 AM   #789 (permalink)
Flicker_84
Dancing December

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGift View Post
welcome sunny
Thanks Darkgift =)
Old March 29th, 2010, 09:09 PM   #790 (permalink)
DTbroders
Melodic Death freak

I am a lurker of many bands forums but I never usually introduce myself because I don't post that much, But I think that will change now.

As for me I am a 22 year old Student from Minnesota (USA). I am a lover of metal obviously but my favorite genre is Melodic Death Metal. I also listen to a lot of Death, Thrash, Black, and other genres

Favorite bands would have to be (In relatively close order).

Dark Tranquillity
Be'lakor
In Thy Dreams
A Canorous Quintet
Insomnium
In Flames
Katatonia
At the Gates
Gates of Ishtar
In Mourning
opeth
Noumena

and TONS of more Melodeath (and other genres too but I tend to only ramble on about Melodeath lol).

Kreator is probably my favorite non melodic death metal band, aside from katatonia

Nice to meet you all and I am sure we will have many heated discussions in the future and I would not have it any other way

P.S. I forgot to mention, I am a devout follower of the Church of DAN SWANO. I never write his bands on my lists because he is just my favorite musician and I love most of his bands. My favorite cd happens to be Edge of Sanity- Crimson.
Old April 8th, 2010, 09:31 PM   #791 (permalink)
Irja

well after a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge period being away from this forum it is the time I salute you again
Old April 12th, 2010, 12:37 PM   #792 (permalink)
Skaldir
formerly known as Unicorn

I still remember you Welcome back

@DTbroders
Good taste with Crimson
Abscession

my studio:
Kalthallen

--> Kalthallen Cabs - New MesOs 4x12 IR library out! <--
Old April 12th, 2010, 04:02 PM   #793 (permalink)
Irja

Old April 22nd, 2010, 05:22 AM   #794 (permalink)
darksoldier
Zodiac

The names danny
From swansea in the UK
Music: Rock, Dark rock, Punk Rock, Metal, Heavy metal, Symbolic, Gothic, Screamo

Been listening to katatonia for about a month now, really got into them <3 my twin, recently got their longest year album/cd and soon to get another.
Old April 22nd, 2010, 09:54 PM   #795 (permalink)
TheItch
јебига

Natasha here.From...and the roll drums: Macedonia
Music: Mainly metal, Katatonia, Opeth, Nevermore, Tool, Russian Circles,Orphaned Land Novembers doom,etc etc and the old school:Pantera,RATM,Alice in Chains, etc etc...
Katatonia fan: since 2002 I think. Never seen them live. But that's about to change.
Old April 22nd, 2010, 11:15 PM   #796 (permalink)
AngelinaBlakkheim
Menacing meow

I remember you too, Irja... Pretty eyes, plays piano... used to post some funny pics with a friend of yours

@Nikki: Sailor Pluto on your avatar <3

Welcome all the others!
Old April 23rd, 2010, 08:57 PM   #797 (permalink)
Nikki

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinaBlakkheim View Post
I remember you too, Irja... Pretty eyes, plays piano... used to post some funny pics with a friend of yours

@Nikki: Sailor Pluto on your avatar <3

Welcome all the others!
Sailor Pluto

She never gets enough credit.

KATA in September!!! YAY!
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:56 PM   #798 (permalink)
Giovannipos

Been around for a while reading. Such amazing forum and amazing forummers too I'll post some treasures (not Katatonia ones thought) in the I've just got post as soon as i get my collection to the new home.

Happy to be here.

Giovannipos (Italy)
Old May 21st, 2010, 04:44 AM   #799 (permalink)
vivaemptiness
idle the blood

brenda. south texas.. going to see katatonia for the first time in austin. after that concert, i can die happy.
Old May 26th, 2010, 06:43 AM   #800 (permalink)
DoomQueenNC

hello

As far as I know, I am the 2nd Katatonia fan that I know of in North Carolina lol. Just got into them a few months ago...I always lag behind, I know.