Katatonia  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Katatonia
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 6th, 2006, 08:10 AM   #76 (permalink)
philipmartin

hey hello!, i'm martin from argentina, i have 28, well i' m fan of katatonia since bmd, i remember first listened them on cassette and went then for the original, since that moment i love them jaajaj.
well hopefully i will become a doctor this year, have no job now and..,well i'm a bad guitarrist, i love futbol i go for boca juniors and sarmiento de junin( a local team), i used to play basquet but now i'm into pizza and icecream :P, well my mail is katatonico99@hotmail.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 6th, 2006, 08:15 AM   #77 (permalink)
Hevimees
Rock & roll police

Hi everyone

My name's Jaakko and I'm 23 years old. I live in Oulu, which is a city in northern Finland, with my girlfriend and a dacschund.

I started listening to Katatonia when Viva Emptiness came out. So far I only have Viva Emptiness LP, Brave Murder Day LP and The Black Sessions box, but sooner or later I will buy the other albums as well. So much good music, so little money

I'm also a Hi-Fi freak, and though I'm a poor student I have 3000€ stereo system.... Saying this out loud makes me realize how crazy I am

I don't play any instrument anymore, but I listen to music constantly. My taste in music is mainly different kinds of metal, but I do like bands like The Hellacopters and Porcupine Tree as well. At the moment I'm listening to Zyklon's World Ov Worms.

My drinks of preference are beer and whisky. By beer I don't mean pale lagers like Carlsberg, Lapin Kulta, Budweiser and so on, but beers that actually taste of something. I also make some beer myself, since it's a cheap way to get beer that tastes good.

In theory I study mathematics at the local university, but in reality I'm a lazy bugger who would rather just read these forums than study. Hopefully I'll graduate in about a year, but that remains to be seen.

I mostly just read these forums, but if I feel have something worth saying I will say it. Naturally I'm really looking forward to the new Katatonia album.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 6th, 2006, 09:05 AM   #78 (permalink)
Swany
Rider On The Bonez

Quote:
Originally Posted by ether
great, it seems female kata fans have a lot in common, ha ha(funmovies, books, writing, festivals....)
We have to surely meet at one festival, hopefully where Katatonia also play
... and it seems as if many (female) Kata fans are quite creative... I'm sure it's just because of the good and inspiring music *hehe* ;D
Surely we have to meet some day... and the best chance for that would be a festival with Katatonia anyway (which makes sure that at least a few forummembers are there) ... (;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent J.
Could you put up a link to some of you work? (if you've got it online somewhere..)
Sorry dear, my page [which gathers all works and other stuff] is currently offline and will not be up again until the end of march (;

*hehe* really interesting to get to know more about the other users. And as someone said... what does it matter how old someone is or where he comes from... v.v
Old February 6th, 2006, 12:57 PM   #79 (permalink)
Slanimirc
Bibi

oh yes

not I stirred up ground and sky to find it on the Net starting from a radio operator presentation it seems to me.....but it is not what worries me considering I downloaded the majority of your albums on E-mule but I gradually buy the albums which I find in France, which is not very widespread, considering our very average métal culture... (that's not my fault)... I found only your "Black Session" this week end with live so wonderfull in Poland...I would like to know if you know your dates and the French places that you will visit by advising you the "havana coffee" if you pass in Toulouse or the room of the fetes of Tournefeuilles which are two very good concert halls.....it is pleasant to find a group which is concerned with its fans...my address : Lil_homie_from_31@hotmail.fr .....but english is not my language first thus want to excuse me for the errors of language....tcho

Last edited by Slanimirc : February 6th, 2006 at 01:17 PM.
Old February 7th, 2006, 10:42 AM   #80 (permalink)
Vincent J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiviniaCommedia
Hello. I am a 16 year old girl from Norway, and I am quite new to this forum. As most of you I am a big fan of Katatonia, and have been listening to them for a year or so (I know it is not that much - blame my age!). I listen to a lot of other music as well, of course - My Dying Bride is my favourite. Sigur Rós, Pink Floyd, Windir, Anathema, Swallow the Sun, Lacrimas Profundere, and most important; Katatonia, are among the bands who appear in my stereo often these days. I could make a list of great bands but that would have been extremely boring of me.

And, what more? I go to school and I'm planning to become a writer or a music journalist (or preferably, both. I wish myself good luck. ).
Among the other things I like doing, are reading, photographing, reading some more, watching movies, writing, role-playing and other creative activities. Mhm.
Swallow the sun! hell yeah
Old February 7th, 2006, 11:27 AM   #81 (permalink)
Vincent J.

Okay, I'll introduce myself too with the time I have...
I'm sixteen years old, and I'm from the Netherlands
I hate this country (way too much racism shit about immigrants and stuff like that)but the city Arnhem (Arnheim) is alright... I was born there.
I still go to school. I play drums (six/seven years) and guitar (about one year).
When I finish school, I'm planning to go to someplace in Scandinavia (Norway? Sweden?) for about a year to study music (perhaps I'll stay after that) And it'd be great to learn the language a bit.
I love music, I'm into "metal"-bands like the Devin Townsend Band, Anathema, Swallow the sun, The old dead tree, Tool... and more, but most of all I like Katatonia. I got to know them trough Travis Smith (he's got them on his favorites playlist) and some friend of mine kinda liked the music too.
But I like jazz too(especially to play). And I'm open for pretty much every style of music, as long as there has been put heart into it
that's it for now
Old February 7th, 2006, 01:31 PM   #82 (permalink)
Divatkreació
Nebulous termini

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel102
did you know your brother is a drunkard, or is that a common thing in sweden?
There are two kinds of scandinavians out there: Those who are drunkards and those who arent. The latter ones are a tiny, isolated fisher-tribe in northern Norway who can't afford buying booze.
Old February 7th, 2006, 08:07 PM   #83 (permalink)
Drk4fearofailure

hey all,
my name is Anders (nickname, middle name alexANDER. find someone who got their nickname in such a stupid way and i'll give you a penny. and it probably won't be shiny.)
im 20 years old
live about 15 minutes south of D.C. in a place called fairfax. 3rd worst traffic in the united states. 86 extra hours a year in traffic. prolly why i love music so much. i used to work in a harley-davidson shop until i mixed my favorite hobby, drinking, with my job. im in college now studying basics and acting. been listenin to kata since 2001ish. dig all music, mostly metal, but rock and electronic. not really any rap, some classical and some 'underground' country. it exists. trust me. i'm a singer until recently in a band. now i jsut sit around awrite acoustic shit and drink.
if you need to know anything else, we'll probably have to start dating.
A.
Old February 8th, 2006, 12:22 AM   #84 (permalink)
Drk4fearofailure

oh and that 'but rock and electronic' meant to say 'as well as rock and electronic' god damn english
Old February 8th, 2006, 12:30 AM   #85 (permalink)
Deliverance6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drk4fearofailure
oh and that 'but rock and electronic' meant to say 'as well as rock and electronic' god damn english

feel free to edit posts here.....we wont be mad at you....

I GOT WAY MORE KATATONIA SHIT THAN YOU!
Old February 8th, 2006, 01:35 AM   #86 (permalink)
Aprilhäxan
pagan queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divatkreació
There are two kinds of scandinavians out there: Those who are drunkards and those who arent. The latter ones are a tiny, isolated fisher-tribe in northern Norway who can't afford buying booze.
I always thought scandinavians drink too much... until I once saw finns drinking with russians
Old February 8th, 2006, 07:20 AM   #87 (permalink)
Drynwhyl
infp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilhäxan
I always thought scandinavians drink too much... until I once saw finns drinking with russians
I know very well what are you talking about...
Do you happen know what is the Finnish for "helgsupande"?
Old February 8th, 2006, 07:40 AM   #88 (permalink)
Illnath

Quote:
Okay, I'll introduce myself too with the time I have...
I'm sixteen years old, and I'm from the Netherlands
I hate this country (way too much racism shit about immigrants and stuff like that)but the city Arnhem (Arnheim) is alright... I was born there.
I still go to school. I play drums (six/seven years) and guitar (about one year).
When I finish school, I'm planning to go to someplace in Scandinavia (Norway? Sweden?) for about a year to study music (perhaps I'll stay after that) And it'd be great to learn the language a bit.
I love music, I'm into "metal"-bands like the Devin Townsend Band, Anathema, Swallow the sun, The old dead tree, Tool... and more, but most of all I like Katatonia. I got to know them trough Travis Smith (he's got them on his favorites playlist) and some friend of mine kinda liked the music too.
But I like jazz too(especially to play). And I'm open for pretty much every style of music, as long as there has been put heart into it
that's it for now
Just so you know Denmark doesn't have that big of a metal culture. But we drink the most in all of Scandinavia..even more than the Finns

Just one second, and I was left with nothing.
Her fragrance still pulsating through damp air
Old February 8th, 2006, 08:50 AM   #89 (permalink)
DiviniaCommedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illnath
Just so you know Denmark doesn't have that big of a metal culture. But we drink the most in all of Scandinavia..even more than the Finns
I do not belive that. If there's someone in the world that are drinking MORE than the Finns, I must have misunderstood, well, mostly evertyhing! Finns = sauna, forest, lakes and vodka.
Visions from a dying brain
I hope you don't understand
Old February 8th, 2006, 08:54 AM   #90 (permalink)
DiviniaCommedia

Quote:
Yep. They would have been the best band in the world if My Dying Bride did not excist.
Old February 8th, 2006, 09:19 AM   #91 (permalink)
Hevimees
Rock & roll police

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiviniaCommedia
I do not belive that. If there's someone in the world that are drinking MORE than the Finns, I must have misunderstood, well, mostly evertyhing! Finns = sauna, forest, lakes and vodka.
No, not vodka, that would be the russians. Finns drink beer. Trust me, I know And also Koskenkorva, but that's not a vodka, just plain booze. It tastes like turpentine in my opinion but I don't think the taste is the reason why people drink it.
Old February 8th, 2006, 09:20 AM   #92 (permalink)
Isilme

I think I might be pretty much of a stranger for most people here, cause I know nobody, and only post here now and then.

I'm a norwegian girl, 19 years old. Like Jinn, I found Katatonia through Opeth, and my first experience was with Last Fair Deal Gone Down. For the time being, I'm studying art in Bergen, while using the evenings at concerts, bars and books.
Old February 8th, 2006, 09:27 AM   #93 (permalink)
DiviniaCommedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevimees
No, not vodka, that would be the russians. Finns drink beer. Trust me, I know And also Koskenkorva, but that's not a vodka, just plain booze. It tastes like turpentine in my opinion but I don't think the taste is the reason why people drink it.
Damn, my view of the world is now ruined. =D But thank you for updating me on the finnish alcohol-habits. Now I know more about Finland than before. Hurrah.
Old February 8th, 2006, 09:53 AM   #94 (permalink)
Vincent J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illnath
Well, you know, I actually don't care much about the booze...
(I'm feeling really lonely with this oppinion on this forum )
But thanks for letting me know
btw, please don't ban me for the little use of alcohol
Old February 8th, 2006, 09:58 AM   #95 (permalink)
Aprilhäxan
pagan queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drynwhyl
I know very well what are you talking about...
Do you happen know what is the Finnish for "helgsupande"?
Old February 8th, 2006, 10:13 AM   #96 (permalink)
Deliverance6

Quote:
Well, you know, I actually don't care much about the booze...
(I'm feeling really lonely with this oppinion on this forum )
But thanks for letting me know
btw, please don't ban me for the little use of alcohol

I havnt touched a drop of alcohol.....or done any drugs in 4 years......yes I had a problem with it....

I GOT WAY MORE KATATONIA SHIT THAN YOU!
Old February 8th, 2006, 11:00 AM   #97 (permalink)
Divatkreació
Nebulous termini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevimees
Except that many people at least here in Lapland drink vodka ! But yeah, your right that beer is more common around here. Even though booze have got a larger popularity after the prizes started to decrease.
Old February 8th, 2006, 11:18 AM   #98 (permalink)
Hobo
Señor Member

we should start a "katatonia fans against drinking" club

//Björn, clean since 2 years.
(and swede i might add..)
Old February 8th, 2006, 11:51 AM   #99 (permalink)
Aprilhäxan
pagan queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo
we should start a "katatonia fans against drinking" club

//Björn, clean since 2 years.
(and swede i might add..)
Oh no Björn, have mercy on us! A life without a weekend five litres of beer???
Old February 8th, 2006, 12:29 PM   #100 (permalink)
dooom

Quote:
that s the word !!!!! swallow the sun !