Katatonia  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Katatonia
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 27th, 2006, 05:29 PM   #251 (permalink)
MadTinus
Spelling/language nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone-Deaf
give me yours, to give you mine ... naaah. Which single? I'm interested in bying lazarus, half light and so called friend are kick ass too from what I've read. I've heard sample of half light and it's great indeed.
The Lazarus single is surely worth getting, those B-side tracks indeed are very good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone-Deaf
@Madtinus: haha yeah, I couldn't be luckier. Imagine that I bought it after a month or more I had seen it. It was the only album in the p -porcupine tree section on the shelter, I freaked out when i realised what risk I had taken
And it sucks not having enough money to support your favourite bands , it will take me months to buy some more albums...But christmas i coming so i'd better cheer up, i'll prey to satan claus every day, and I promised not to leave him cookies. He said ''No, Not those cookies and milk again, they make me sick! Some beer and an immortal album, that's all that i ask''.
Haha, let's hope Satan has some decent musical taste and gives you some more PT albums.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 1st, 2006, 05:37 PM   #252 (permalink)
MadTinus
Spelling/language nazi

No pics, but could be considered a treasure: my Jeff Buckley - Sketches for My Sweetheart The Drunk 2-CD..

Not rare or anything, but considering this is the 3rd copy I ordered this year, but the first to actually make it into my mailbox.. :-/

NP: Jeff Buckley - Sketches...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 1st, 2006, 05:41 PM   #253 (permalink)
paradoxile
Den Sista Ljusbäraren

Sketches for my sweetheart the Kev
Swanö 3:16
hellre en rövare i poolen än en polare i röven
Old November 1st, 2006, 05:46 PM   #254 (permalink)
BlueSky
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTinus
The Lazarus single is surely worth getting, those B-side tracks indeed are very good.Haha, let's hope Satan has some decent musical taste and gives you some more PT albums.
so satan is also the big joly guy!?!? makes sense that red bastard
Old November 1st, 2006, 10:25 PM   #255 (permalink)
FatefuL
syndrome lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTinus
No pics, but could be considered a treasure: my Jeff Buckley - Sketches for My Sweetheart The Drunk 2-CD..

Not rare or anything, but considering this is the 3rd copy I ordered this year, but the first to actually make it into my mailbox.. :-/

NP: Jeff Buckley - Sketches...

damn! how could this be possible ? .. hate to have troubble with mail bastards...

Old November 2nd, 2006, 03:08 AM   #256 (permalink)
MadTinus
Spelling/language nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatefuL
damn! how could this be possible ? .. hate to have troubble with mail bastards...
A couple of months ago I had some trouble with mail arriving from the UK, it went missing or arrived with huuuuuge delay (like the TGCD LP in my avatar), those 2 lost copies of Sketches were ordered in that period, from UK-sellers.. The one I got yesterday came from a US-seller.
Old November 4th, 2006, 05:53 PM   #257 (permalink)
FatefuL
syndrome lover

wtf.. i only got trouble so far when getting vinyls.... everytime they are held on customs and i get screwed... payed really a big amount to retrieve "Jhva Elohim Meth" and some great money to get "Saw You Drown + Viva Emptiness" too... cuz of that i'm afraid i won't have TGCD vinyl.

once i had problems with a seller on ebay... he sent but two cds never arrived.. i dunno what the hell happened .. i kinda had too mutch patience and lost the paypal insurance to get my money back.. so i lost this one... it were Daylight Die's "No Reply" and Rapture's "The Silent Stage".. never rebought them..

well today i just recieved a package with three cds:

my sister got my camera so had to pic it with the webcam.. in case you can't see it well, there are: tuonela, my kantele and elegy

Old November 5th, 2006, 05:39 AM   #258 (permalink)
Alyona
I have his hat

I have no picture of it, but someone rather lovely has sent me the new anathema dvd. I think I came a lil when saw it! its so sexy!
Old November 5th, 2006, 08:27 AM   #259 (permalink)
FatefuL
syndrome lover

omg... this post is sexy...!

Old November 5th, 2006, 09:50 AM   #260 (permalink)
Alyona
I have his hat

dick
Old November 5th, 2006, 11:06 AM   #261 (permalink)
LifeDepraved
My soul got a crack

cheney
Old November 5th, 2006, 11:09 AM   #262 (permalink)
FatefuL
syndrome lover

Old November 9th, 2006, 12:34 PM   #263 (permalink)
Hevimees
Rock & roll police

Some new new stuff bought during the last few week.

From left to right: Brüssel Kaupallinen - s/t CDS, Katatonia - Tonight's Decision (first edition), Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain, Opeth - Ghost Reveries, Paysage D'Hiver - Schattengang

And here are both Swallow the Sun albums on vinyl:

Old November 9th, 2006, 12:51 PM   #264 (permalink)
LifeDepraved
My soul got a crack

Damn I need the Ghosts Of Loss Vinyl.
Old November 9th, 2006, 01:00 PM   #265 (permalink)
Jasonic
Doom On!

I just got the item seen below.
Tower Records going out of business kicks serious amounts of ass!!!
Old November 9th, 2006, 01:07 PM   #266 (permalink)
LifeDepraved
My soul got a crack

I wish it didn't go out of business. It was one of the last large chains of music stores that actually carried a lot of metal albums. Especially Peaceville stuff..IE: Where I got first introduced to Katatonia, My Dying Bride, Opeth (Still Life Years)...So It's a shame they're closing down. It's because downloading is too damn popular.
Old November 9th, 2006, 01:50 PM   #267 (permalink)
Peachy

I don't download squat.
Old November 9th, 2006, 02:08 PM   #268 (permalink)
Jasonic
Doom On!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDepraved View Post
I wish it didn't go out of business. It was one of the last large chains of music stores that actually carried a lot of metal albums. Especially Peaceville stuff..IE: Where I got first introduced to Katatonia, My Dying Bride, Opeth (Still Life Years)...So It's a shame they're closing down. It's because downloading is too damn popular.

I agree they have a nice selection. I notice for some labels, like Peaceville, they have been reasonable (IE - $12.99 a disc).

Though a CD on Century Media or Nuclear Blast, for example, would be $16.99.
Old November 15th, 2006, 11:22 AM   #269 (permalink)
Swany
Rider On The Bonez

Time for my latest treasures.
I'm quite sure none of you would really think there's something special ... but every single of these items has a meaning to me and made me VERY happy... and I guess that's all what's important
[Pay special attention to my blanket *g*]

-The Emperor Shirt: Another one for my shirt-collection... and since that rider-thingy has also been the backdrop for the last shows it's somehow something to remind me of the good time I had there x)
-That Keep Of Kalessin CD is something I bought just because Mr. MadTinus made me fall in love with it I first saw it as vinyl in this thread and then it all took off *haha*
-Now I finally got Dance Of December Souls on my own... only had a borrowed one 'til now...
-...and only a Tonight's Decision DigiPack... really happy to have gotten the jewel case version in the end
-The Myrkgrav CD is one I longed to have for some time and when I got it from one of us forum members I was soooouuuh happy and it amazes me soooouuuuh much!
-Same goes for the Diabolical Masquerade which was the last one missing in my collection and it's such a lovely gift from the same person... thank you Mr. Unicorn

Well... and then a shirt on which I spent a lot of money with knowing that I'll never ever regret it... ah look how lovely the metallic print glows

この空 埋めつくして今、流星に変われ

Last edited by Swany : November 15th, 2006 at 11:38 AM.
Old November 15th, 2006, 11:36 AM   #270 (permalink)
paradoxile
Den Sista Ljusbäraren

nice leopard sheets and cool stuff on it too
Swanö 3:16
hellre en rövare i poolen än en polare i röven
Old November 15th, 2006, 04:27 PM   #271 (permalink)
MadTinus
Spelling/language nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swany View Post
-That Keep Of Kalessin CD is something I bought just because Mr. MadTinus made me fall in love with it I first saw it as vinyl in this thread and then it all took off *haha*
Yer welcome, glad to see I made a new fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swany View Post
Well... and then a shirt on which I spent a lot of money with knowing that I'll never ever regret it... ah look how lovely the metallic print glows

Is that a G-sus shirt with an Opeth O mixed through the crown of thorns..? Oh wait, now I see, the O is a G Anyway, I like!!
Old November 15th, 2006, 05:13 PM   #272 (permalink)
Skaldir
formerly known as Unicorn

Awww Swany, I just discovered your post.
And I have to thank you for the sampler you made for me and put hours of work in! "Curtained Life" really gets me
Abscession

my studio:
Kalthallen

--> Kalthallen Cabs - New MesOs 4x12 IR library out! <--
Old November 15th, 2006, 05:33 PM   #273 (permalink)
Swany
Rider On The Bonez

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTinus View Post
Yer welcome, glad to see I made a new fan.Is that a G-sus shirt with an Opeth O mixed through the crown of thorns..? Oh wait, now I see, the O is a G Anyway, I like!!
Hehe ... nice try =) ... But I'm sorry... it's an E ... for Entwine! now you can guess what all those ornamental stuff and thorns have to mean [-> entwined letter *lol*] I could kiss that shirt 24/7 and it almost glows in the dark, tried to capture that but didn't work out as I wanted :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
And I have to thank you for the sampler you made for me and put hours of work in! "Curtained Life" really gets me
You're absolutely welcome... and I have to thank you that last saturday made me 3 CDs richer ... ... aye ... "Curtained Life" is my funeral song I tell ya... it's still haunting me... especially when I sleep
この空 埋めつくして今、流星に変われ
Old November 15th, 2006, 05:51 PM   #274 (permalink)
Swany
Rider On The Bonez

I never really liked opeth.
この空 埋めつくして今、流星に変われ
Old November 16th, 2006, 08:17 AM   #275 (permalink)
shadowNINE
···

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTinus View Post
Well, XM and especially Futile are incredibly valuable, then acquiring Recordings should be peanuts for you.
I managed to get those all on the cheap. Hopefully I can do the same for Recordings...or I can trade for it. I'd be fine with either!

(I was kind of amazed to get Futile...and the live albums I just bought as they were released.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone-Deaf View Post
give me yours, to give you mine ... naaah. Which single? I'm interested in bying lazarus, half light and so called friend are kick ass too from what I've read. I've heard sample of half light and it's great indeed.
I don't think I could trade Futile for Recordings. The single that I have is Lazarus. It's rather good, and I recommend picking it up. It has some heavier songs from the Deadwing sessions that didn't make it onto the album.

Last edited by shadowNINE : November 16th, 2006 at 08:19 AM.