Katatonia  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Katatonia
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 1st, 2009, 09:56 AM   #351 (permalink)
FallLikeRain

^ Re-Animator is awesome, Stuart Gordon is one of my favorite horror directors. I like From Beyond a lot more than Re-Animator though. I have Castle Freak on order as well.

A great movie that people on a Katatonia forum may enjoy is Let the Right One In. It's a Swedish vampire flick about a young boy who meets a vampire, and a sort of unorthodox love story ensues. It's a beautifully made film that really gets you thinking, and is definitely one of the best vampire movies ever. The acting from the two kids in the movie is incredible considering their age, especially since neither of them came from acting backgrounds. It's definitely a must see.

Also for the intense horror fans/ gorehounds, check out the movie Inside. It's a french horror film that is a complete treat for shock fans. It's a slasher flick made with a sort of art-house flair, and the imagery is unlike any movie I've ever watched. One of the best villains ever as well. Not for people with weak stomachs though, I've seen hundreds of horror films and this one gets me every time.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 1st, 2009, 11:36 AM   #352 (permalink)
LifeDepraved
My soul got a crack

Saw Funny Games last night. What a mindfuck. I recommendddddd.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old October 4th, 2009, 06:32 PM   #353 (permalink)
noctambulant

just watched "it's alive(remake)" last night and dang! they sure have destroyed a classic :/
Old October 4th, 2009, 07:48 PM   #354 (permalink)
MiniMoose

Just saw District 9. Wow..

Got the cd 12.11.09. Happy now...not sure what I think yet. If it's Good, Great or Super duper great.
Old October 4th, 2009, 09:37 PM   #355 (permalink)
AngelinaBlakkheim
Menacing meow

Anyone watched "Les triplettes de Belleville"?
Old October 4th, 2009, 10:37 PM   #356 (permalink)
noctambulant

"let the right one in" that would be the last foreign I've watched
Old October 5th, 2009, 04:52 AM   #357 (permalink)
Kitiini

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMoose View Post
Just saw District 9. Wow..
Thats a great movie :P kinda messed up tho
Old October 5th, 2009, 08:54 AM   #358 (permalink)
MiniMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitiini View Post
Thats a great movie :P kinda messed up tho
Yea, heh, very messed up. I think it was great because the movie could have been "just another sci-fi flick", but made it more interesting because it seemed realistic in so many ways. Sure, it's far fetched, but not THAT far fetched. Loved it.

Got the cd 12.11.09. Happy now...not sure what I think yet. If it's Good, Great or Super duper great.
Old October 5th, 2009, 08:57 AM   #359 (permalink)
MiniMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by noctambulant View Post
"let the right one in" that would be the last foreign I've watched
Did you like it?
The book (as always) is way better according "the readers". Cause there's a lot of things you can't understand in the movie if you haven't read the book.

Old October 5th, 2009, 09:29 AM   #360 (permalink)
vikk
parangaricutirimicuaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinaBlakkheim View Post
Anyone watched "Les triplettes de Belleville"?
i did really fun to watch
Old October 5th, 2009, 09:41 AM   #361 (permalink)
noctambulant

Quote:
Did you like it?
The book (as always) is way better according "the readers". Cause there's a lot of things you can't understand in the movie if you haven't read the book.
yes I did.It was a cool movie, I haven't read the book yet though, would I be loosing anything in particula if I don't read it r?
Old October 5th, 2009, 10:04 AM   #362 (permalink)
MiniMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by noctambulant View Post
yes I did.It was a cool movie, I haven't read the book yet though, would I be loosing anything in particula if I don't read it r?
Quite a lot really. The movie is much nicer than the book and doesn't do anything than to hint towards some stuff that happens in the book.

I would read the book if you liked the movie. It's a much more whole experience..THEY say (only spoken with people who have read the book)

Did you btw understand why the girl lived with that old man?
Well, I never thought much about it until someone who read the book told me. One of the mist horrific scenes in the book isn't included either..probably a good thing..but then again, I need to get the whole story.

Old October 5th, 2009, 11:14 AM   #363 (permalink)
AngelinaBlakkheim
Menacing meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikk View Post
i did really fun to watch
Yes, I love it. Watched it like 3 times. I think it's very well done. The soundtrack is cool too.
Old October 5th, 2009, 04:40 PM   #364 (permalink)
noctambulant

Quote:
Quite a lot really. The movie is much nicer than the book and doesn't do anything than to hint towards some stuff that happens in the book.

I would read the book if you liked the movie. It's a much more whole experience..THEY say (only spoken with people who have read the book)

Did you btw understand why the girl lived with that old man?
Well, I never thought much about it until someone who read the book told me. One of the mist horrific scenes in the book isn't included either..probably a good thing..but then again, I need to get the whole story.
I've watched it again and yes,I'd like to get the book now that I'm more confused I wonder if there's an english version though
Old October 7th, 2009, 11:44 PM   #365 (permalink)
TrickySkittles
Assclown

Has anybody seen Paranormal Activity? Been around for a while, they're just now doing a lot of promotional stuff for it here in the states. It looked pretty interesting after reading about it.
Old October 8th, 2009, 12:06 PM   #366 (permalink)
AngelinaBlakkheim
Menacing meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickySkittles View Post
Has anybody seen Paranormal Activity? Been around for a while, they're just now doing a lot of promotional stuff for it here in the states. It looked pretty interesting after reading about it.
I didn't know about it. In imdb has very good rating (8.7/10, 847 votes). I watched the trailer on youtube. I like this kind of stuff and now I'm intrigued. I'm gonna have to watch it. So far the best horror movie I've watched this year is "Let the right one in". I hope Paranormal Activity is good and not like that "White noise" which wasn't that good in my opinion.
Old November 5th, 2010, 03:09 PM   #367 (permalink)
the mourner13
bah!

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

Remember, remember the 5th of November...

Good day to resurrect this thread
I cut my lungs out, I need a fix,
You're my puzzle and my pieces fit
Cos everything and everyone is old.