Katatonia  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Katatonia
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:46 PM   #76 (permalink)
Venenum Veritas
/frank ruiz

doubt there will be anymore dates added

Quote:
Originally Posted by blog.myspace.com/katatonia
Katatonia will return to headline their first American tour this fall. Kicking of September 4, the tour will make nineteen stops around the country and will feature an all European line-up with Sweden's Scar Symmetry joining up with Finland's Insomnium and Swallow the Sun.
Old May 23rd, 2007, 09:24 PM   #77 (permalink)
M3

Hmm... my bad, then. I figured they would throw in a few more stops since the website listed those dates as the confirmed ones (kind of implying that there could be more unanounced ones). Looks like I read it too fast and skimmed over that part. Oh well, a few more would still be cool though.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 23rd, 2007, 10:45 PM   #78 (permalink)
Grumble Grumble
We die We all...

alright so needless to say im fucking excited beyond words!!!! Great thing is, they are at the same awsome venue they played last time they came here, a nice little bar. shitty thing is the stop here is on september 13th which is ONE FUCKING DAY before my 21st bday!!!!! i want to drink god damnit
Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:08 PM   #79 (permalink)
in_sanity
look behind you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morfeind View Post
No Seattle, Portland or Vancouver date......how disappointing.

why oh why oh why?!

if the fan base is small in vancouver, at least go to seattle or portland.. or at least portland.. the turnout at that show in november was super good.

KATATONIA!! please please please come to one of these cities!!! please please please....
Old May 23rd, 2007, 11:39 PM   #80 (permalink)
Deliverance6

so I will see them at least 3 times again.....sooo fucking good.....oh....maybe if they arent coming to your town you should think of traveling to see them.....I had a great roadtrip for the last show of the moonspell tour....about 9-10 hour drive.....well worth it!!!!

start planning now....SUPPORT da Kats..

I GOT WAY MORE KATATONIA SHIT THAN YOU!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 24th, 2007, 03:59 AM   #81 (permalink)
MadTinus
Spelling/language nazi

Still kinda funny though, they never did a US tour, then they finally do one in support of the succesful TGCD album and now suddenly another one when they don't even have a new album out.. Great for the guys and the US-fans of course, but I would expect them to set up a tour after a new album.

Anyways, have fun y'all!
Old May 24th, 2007, 05:48 AM   #82 (permalink)
aztattooedsean
crazed tattooed metalhead

woohoo, I also finally get to see swallow the sun!!

Well, this tour is for the dvd plus it hopefully gains them new fans leading towards their eventual next cd!

anyways!

woohoo to an Arizona date 2 days after my birthday!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MDFandOEFsupporters/
Old May 24th, 2007, 06:53 AM   #83 (permalink)
Blakkheim
In the Still of the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTinus View Post
Still kinda funny though, they never did a US tour, then they finally do one in support of the succesful TGCD album and now suddenly another one when they don't even have a new album out.. Great for the guys and the US-fans of course, but I would expect them to set up a tour after a new album.

Anyways, have fun y'all!
there's enuff reasons for another north american tour despite not supporting a new album. another piece of the pie. its the first time we'll play a full set and also change around the setlist with some surprises. there's also a reason why the tour stops in texas, go figure that one out

Old May 24th, 2007, 07:21 AM   #84 (permalink)
Cerulean
Not very cerulean eh

I smell a DVD
Old May 24th, 2007, 09:17 AM   #85 (permalink)
Soundjunkie
baller

I smell an Australian tour some time within the next 5 years
Old May 24th, 2007, 09:20 AM   #86 (permalink)
LydonB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakkheim View Post
there's enuff reasons for another north american tour despite not supporting a new album. another piece of the pie. its the first time we'll play a full set and also change around the setlist with some surprises. there's also a reason why the tour stops in texas, go figure that one out
are you all visiting the alamo?
Old May 24th, 2007, 09:28 AM   #87 (permalink)
Cerulean
Not very cerulean eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundjunkie View Post
I smell an Australian tour some time within the next 5 years
Nah that's an illusion
Old May 24th, 2007, 10:15 AM   #88 (permalink)
MadTinus
Spelling/language nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakkheim View Post
Well, I guess you got Live Consternation to promote and you simply have some catching up to do in the States.

The tour ends in Texas... hmm, private gig at George Bush's ranch..?
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:36 AM   #89 (permalink)
AngelinaBlakkheim
Menacing meow

Instead of complaining about Katatonia not going to some places in your country, why don't you try to enjoy that they are actually going to your country? I would be more than happy just knowing they were coming to Argentina, even if it were in the other side of the country. And to add more, it's not even the first time they are playing in the US. Many others here, including me, have never had the oportunity to see them live and don't even know if we ever will. You're all more than lucky.
Old May 24th, 2007, 12:26 PM   #90 (permalink)
M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinaBlakkheim View Post
Instead of complaining about Katatonia not going to some places in your country, why don't you try to enjoy that they are actually going to your country? I would be more than happy just knowing they were coming to Argentina, even if it were in the other side of the country. And to add more, it's not even the first time they are playing in the US. Many others here, including me, have never had the oportunity to see them live and don't even know if we ever will. You're all more than lucky.
You've got a point.
Old May 24th, 2007, 03:38 PM   #91 (permalink)
Venenum Veritas
/frank ruiz

I just re-vamped the Scar Symmetry myspace with a new layout, new Tour Flyer and web banner.

so go check it out @
myspace.com/scarsymmetry

...this is so exciting
Old May 24th, 2007, 04:02 PM   #92 (permalink)
Katatonica
noise and whisper

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG tht just made my fucking YEAR ... sounds pretty awesome i will be barely back from Europe when Katatonia is playing at my city weee. Kataz prepare to be once again stalked by me hee hee *giggle*
Old May 24th, 2007, 05:07 PM   #93 (permalink)
Charon8
Disenchanted One

...no Pittsburgh date either. Well, back to Cleveland for me.
Old May 24th, 2007, 08:00 PM   #94 (permalink)
Morfeind

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_sanity View Post

why oh why oh why?!

if the fan base is small in vancouver, at least go to seattle or portland.. or at least portland.. the turnout at that show in november was super good.

KATATONIA!! please please please come to one of these cities!!! please please please....
Yeah, and the crowd was fantastic and very respectful. Oh well, maybe the next time around. I guess we were kinda spoiled though since Agalloch opened for that show only
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:29 PM   #95 (permalink)
steel102
________

i was just wondering if the band has any say in where they play, or is it up to the record label, etc.? Wondering why they always play in Bedford, NH, it's literally in the middle of nowhere. Most Katatonia fans are probably in their late teens and twenties, correct? So where are a lot of them going to be? college! where is there a big city with many colleges and young people nearby? Boston! Katatonia would have a huge response if they played in a city in the new england area instead of the boonies, new hampshire. many (most?) people in boston do not have cars, and it is difficult to get out to bedford, nh.
Old May 25th, 2007, 12:40 AM   #96 (permalink)
Scourge of Malice

What the hell? You guys are going to the shit hole, bro town of Corona and not making it up to Nor Cal?

Old May 25th, 2007, 05:50 AM   #97 (permalink)
Anthony3
I Am Nothing

I wonder how many local bands we will have to endure on these shows. Last time was ridiculous.
Old May 25th, 2007, 08:58 AM   #98 (permalink)
LifeDepraved
My soul got a crack

Hopefully not many...I'd like to see some nice sized sets from all the confirmed bands playing...well during Scar Symmetry I can go to the bathroom, get a beer, and talk some smack.
Old May 25th, 2007, 10:23 AM   #99 (permalink)
Belligerent
Greekus Urungus

So what are everyone's thoughts on the Order of bands?

Im hoping:
Katatonia
Swallow The Sun
Insomnium
Scar Symmetry(opener)
Old May 25th, 2007, 10:40 AM   #100 (permalink)
s_a_o
The Face of Melinda

Katatonia playing NYC the day after my birthday AND I'll still be in the US. BRILLIANT! I've been so out of touch with the news lately as I'm currently pissing away time in Ireland (away from computers and such) but I came online (finally) to see this AMAZING news. I'm so pumped.

Katatonia for the third time. It absolutely NEVER gets old. I'm so pumped. And Scar Symmetry? Excuse me whilst I cream myself.