Katatonia  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Katatonia
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 25th, 2007, 01:35 PM   #101 (permalink)
LifeDepraved
My soul got a crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPDime05 View Post
So what are everyone's thoughts on the Order of bands?

Im hoping:
Katatonia
Swallow The Sun
Insomnium
Scar Symmetry(opener)
It's going to be Katatonia, Scar Symmetry, Insomnium, Swallow The Sun...

Since Obviously it's Katatonias tour, Scar Symmetry are more well known and recently were on a tour here, and Insomnium is slighty more well known then STS so that's why that is the order on the web ads.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 25th, 2007, 01:56 PM   #102 (permalink)
Belligerent
Greekus Urungus

Was hoping it would be in my order...
guess I shouldnt complain tho', the venue is 15min. away from my house and Ill probably get in for free. Cant wait.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 25th, 2007, 03:22 PM   #103 (permalink)
brownden

I'm pretty sure there will be more dates added. It's not right if there isn't at least one pacific northwest date. And the site does say that the dates posted are the "confirmed" shows, I'm sure they chose their words carefully.
Old May 25th, 2007, 03:52 PM   #104 (permalink)
LifeDepraved
My soul got a crack

It said 19 dates and there is 19 dates. Doesn't look like any will be added.
Old May 25th, 2007, 04:08 PM   #105 (permalink)
OPETH_DT

September 7 \m/ It's worth the 2 hour drive.
Old May 25th, 2007, 04:08 PM   #106 (permalink)
s_a_o
The Face of Melinda

19 dates is a pretty damned good length for a tour.

I'm sooooo excited.
Old May 25th, 2007, 06:58 PM   #107 (permalink)
Charon8
Disenchanted One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakkheim View Post
there's also a reason why the tour stops in texas, go figure that one out
Shine up your pinatas and drug cartels (bad South American stereotype I know, but I couldn't think of anything else! ) cuz methinks Texas will be the launching pad for the Kats to follow up their NA tour with a Mexican/SA tour!

The fans have spoken and Katatonia will deliver!!

Of course, this is just a guess...
Old May 25th, 2007, 11:01 PM   #108 (permalink)
Blakkheim
In the Still of the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charon8 View Post
Shine up your pinatas and drug cartels (bad South American stereotype I know, but I couldn't think of anything else! ) cuz methinks Texas will be the launching pad for the Kats to follow up their NA tour with a Mexican/SA tour!

Old May 25th, 2007, 11:08 PM   #109 (permalink)
Kenneth R.
CinŠed

Bedford NH, Fuckin yeah!!

The greatest story leaves you before a door to the dark. felix, qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.
Old May 25th, 2007, 11:45 PM   #110 (permalink)
Deliverance6

Quote:

I GOT WAY MORE KATATONIA SHIT THAN YOU!
Old May 26th, 2007, 05:11 AM   #111 (permalink)
LifeDepraved
My soul got a crack

HAIL ALCOHOL AND BLAKKEHEIM COMMENS!!!!2e
Old May 26th, 2007, 06:10 AM   #112 (permalink)
brownden

Wait wait, so you're telling me that Katatonia might make it down to fuckin mexico but won't bother coming to the pacific northwest for even one damn show?!?! what the hell kind of following do they have in mexico anyways? This is so appalling....
Old May 26th, 2007, 06:15 AM   #113 (permalink)
Vincent J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownden View Post
Wait wait, so you're telling me that Katatonia might make it down to fuckin mexico but won't bother coming to the pacific northwest for even one damn show?!?! what the hell kind of following do they have in mexico anyways? This is so appalling....
hey hey, they can't go everywhere...
Even if they toured much more places there will always be people who would wonder why not their location.
I'm sorry you can't go see them (if you can't), but try to understand this isn't really in Katatonia's hands..
Old May 26th, 2007, 06:59 AM   #114 (permalink)
Grumble Grumble
We die We all...

im just happy, that at the stroke of midnight at the katatonia show i will be 21 and therefore legally able to drink. So im hopin to have a beer with the band! *looks at the band, you hear me !? :P
Old May 26th, 2007, 08:25 AM   #115 (permalink)
Illnath

Even though Iíve seen 3 of those bands play live, I'm still very jealous.. I really hope that will make the same tour line-up in Europe.. I really hope to see some pictures and read some concert reviews from you guys.

Just one second, and I was left with nothing.
Her fragrance still pulsating through damp air
Old May 26th, 2007, 09:56 AM   #116 (permalink)
Deliverance6

Quote:
I drove over 9 hours to see them last tour.....quit being a whiner and get a fekkin car....plan ahead.....make a road trip out of it and have fun.....when I first started listening to katatonia I did not dream of them ever coming to the states......so keep your panties on and buck up...if you dont make it this tour they will be back....and if not then your fucked......the decision of how much of an effort your willing to make is up to you, but believe me....it is not "Katatonia" deciding to not come to your town.....things are planned by other people.....more than likely Paula at Peaceville.....the guys want to come to everyones town....but this is their first headline tour....they are excited about it....and we should be too....regardless of whether or not they are coming to somewhere convenient to us.

Old May 26th, 2007, 11:51 AM   #117 (permalink)
LifeDepraved
My soul got a crack

Amen
Old May 26th, 2007, 12:54 PM   #118 (permalink)
brownden

hahaha deliverance you are unaware of my situation. I have work full time and go to school full time, so driving 18 hours to california is kinda unrealistic, and also my boss is coincidentally taking that week off so I can't book it off anyways. flying across the country to quebec and ontario isn't super cheap but probably the only thing that is going to work out for me. I've driven 9 hours one way to see Opeth, but this is a little unrealistic.

I understand it's out of the band's hands entirely, but that still doesn't mean I can't be bitter! haha thanks guys
Old May 26th, 2007, 01:58 PM   #119 (permalink)
scott89
Scotatonia

im kinda hoping maybe a european tour will come sometime in the not too distant future... maybe give dublin a bit of a think

if so, im DEFINATELY there
Old May 26th, 2007, 02:21 PM   #120 (permalink)
FatefuL
syndrome lover

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charon8 View Post

now.. that SHOULD BE so true.... so that i could take my existance into a whole new level of being.. if they ever come to Brasil i would easily set my highest priority to that for sure... would maybe quit university for a semester, if nescessary ..

Old May 26th, 2007, 03:23 PM   #121 (permalink)
the mourner13
bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatefuL View Post
now.. that SHOULD BE so true.... so that i could take my existance into a whole new level of being.. if they ever come to Brasil i would easily set my highest priority to that for sure... would maybe quit university for a semester, if nescessary ..
That's real Kata love bro,cheerz
I cut my lungs out, I need a fix,
You're my puzzle and my pieces fit
Cos everything and everyone is old.
Old May 26th, 2007, 03:49 PM   #122 (permalink)
zzz

Quote:
Mexico has some of the most die hard fans! quit hatin'

when Katatonia made their second appearance in the USA, me and my bro FLEW from Los Angeles to Cleveland just to see THEM. Dedicated fans will find a way or another to make it to a show.

Reece, see you in LA?

Anders...in need of a spanish translator?

Old May 26th, 2007, 04:36 PM   #123 (permalink)
EternityRites
~Vail~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venenum Veritas View Post
I just re-vamped the Scar Symmetry myspace with a new layout, new Tour Flyer and web banner.

so go check it out @
myspace.com/scarsymmetry

...this is so exciting

Thank you for that I have completed adding all the dates and your flyer to last.fm. Hope these shows get a lot of people!

For those of you irked about the booking choices, here is what you can do to help foreign bands with no US Label in the future:

1. Do some research on your local venues to find out which ones book the majority of metal shows or foregn gigs (no brainer, right?)
2. Contact the venue to ask about their booking policies. For the more paranoid clubs, tell them you are writing a thesis. Good questions to ask are, what is the percentage cut of door profit for shows? Do they allow bands to sell merchandise? Do they require a cut of merchandise profits? Do they have other restrictions such as noise, age, fire, etc? Do they provide a P.A.? Soundguy? Lighting?
3. Get the name of the primary contact and favored method of contact (email, phone etc)
4. Understand potential negative competitors (Clear Channel for instance) to warn against. Some clubs will only work with these companies, which could be good or bad for the band.
5. Understand your area's market for this music. Its not worth helping a band book a show if you and your best friend are the only two within 100 miles to have ever heard of Metallica. If you have a strategy for promoting the show, or you know a good promoter in town that can help, that will make the band more likely to trust your recommendation.
6. Forward the info to the band along with any other recommendations (places to stay, things to do if they have an off-day, contact and address info for local radio stations that may help promote their show)

Obviously the more you go to gigs and the more people you know, the better equipped you are to do this, but anyone can dig in and start networking.
Old May 26th, 2007, 05:24 PM   #124 (permalink)
AngelinaBlakkheim
Menacing meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatefuL View Post
I so agree with you! I'd do anything to see them live if they ever come to Argentina... Anything for the Katz. I hope in a near future, you, Blakkie, will be giving us, your southamerican fans, some nice news...
Old May 26th, 2007, 11:47 PM   #125 (permalink)
Deliverance6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzz View Post

Reece, see you in LA?

hey man!!!
It is possible but I will be taking off 3 days of work and 2 days of school to see them already.....but if at all possible......maybe if I get my motorcycle in total running order I could zip out there....