Katatonia  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Katatonia
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 22nd, 2010, 11:33 AM   #2576 (permalink)
isolation_years

^i had my tonsils out a few years ago, the surgery is no problem, they just put you out and you wake up a couple hours later in a daze with no tonsils and a pain in your mouth

but yeah, then they put you on painkillers for a while, and it hurts worse than the worst throatache to eat. haha you just have to make sure you do eat because the painkillers cause you to not feel anything.........including hunger

i ended up not eating for 3 days before i noticed, and i went from 150 pounds (spent about a year eating 4 meals a day to get to that weight) to 135 pounds

good luck madtinus , hope you feel better soon
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 22nd, 2010, 06:34 PM   #2577 (permalink)
Noituudenaika
Katatonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTinus View Post
I was in Prague last weekend, flew there on Thursday, just before the European airspace was closed. Flight back on Monday got cancelled, on Sunday we queued for over 3 hours to get traintickets back to Utrecht cause I had to be back on Monday cause I was scheduled for an operation (removing my tonsils) in the hospital on Tuesday. Luckily we managed and the operation was done, now I'm home 'recovering'. Doing fine except for a diarrhea

Pitty that link to the volcano pics doesn't work anymore..
Hope you will healed soon!

I went out for birthday drinks last night.. let's just say I had many many drinks and now I am spending the morning trying not to .

http://www.myspace.com/lastlastexitexit
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old April 22nd, 2010, 10:27 PM   #2578 (permalink)
The Emptier
t3h b3aSt0rZ

die hard kata-fans, i really can't understand how you like a lot of katatonia's work...i've listened to it all and absolutely nothing stands out besides the new one personally. either the recording quality/production is just not good or the songs are just not what i dig....but the new one is just fucking pure excellence. what are some ones i should give another try?

Youtube
Old April 22nd, 2010, 10:37 PM   #2579 (permalink)
AngelinaBlakkheim
Menacing meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noituudenaika
I went out for birthday drinks last night.. let's just say I had many many drinks and now I am spending the morning trying not to .
Ginger is good when you have nausea and feel sick of the stomach. I buy it and make tea with some lemon. You can also have it cold, like a lemonade with ginger, it's refreshing. It also helps if you have low blood pressure.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 01:01 AM   #2580 (permalink)
LORD DARKSOUL
Welcum 2 my funeral

Hot Ride Party Bus needs to answer their fucking phone.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 03:06 AM   #2581 (permalink)
Noituudenaika
Katatonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinaBlakkheim View Post
Ginger is good when you have nausea and feel sick of the stomach. I buy it and make tea with some lemon. You can also have it cold, like a lemonade with ginger, it's refreshing. It also helps if you have low blood pressure.
Thanks I didn't know it helped for low blood pressure.. I am OK now, slept all day haha.

http://www.myspace.com/lastlastexitexit
Old April 23rd, 2010, 05:14 AM   #2582 (permalink)
MadTinus
Spelling/language nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGift View Post
prague is teh awesomness
It sure is!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinaBlakkheim View Post
Glad you are fine! I heard the surgery is easy but the postoperatory is a bit painful, is it? I also heard ice cream is a very good therapy for tonsils removing
Anyway, for what you say you are not having a very bad time... In any case, nothing some pampering couldn't fix!

Any pics of Prague? I'd love to see them!
I seem to be lucky with postoperatory part as well, I was eating normally already yesterday without any major problems. And yeah, I ate my share of icecream on Tuesday and Wednesday

We took pics, but I was so clever as to leave the camera hanging on the armrest of a chair on a terrace somewhere.. of course, when we found out it was missing and went back to the place, it was gone... More people took pics there, but I'm still waiting to get them.. I'll post them when I can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by isolation_years View Post
^i had my tonsils out a few years ago, the surgery is no problem, they just put you out and you wake up a couple hours later in a daze with no tonsils and a pain in your mouth

but yeah, then they put you on painkillers for a while, and it hurts worse than the worst throatache to eat. haha you just have to make sure you do eat because the painkillers cause you to not feel anything.........including hunger

i ended up not eating for 3 days before i noticed, and i went from 150 pounds (spent about a year eating 4 meals a day to get to that weight) to 135 pounds

good luck madtinus , hope you feel better soon
That throatache ain't so bad in my case, I guess I got lucky. The painkillers do work indeed. I need to fix myself some lunch now actually
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noituudenaika View Post
Hope you will healed soon!
Thanks and good luck with the hangover
Old April 23rd, 2010, 05:35 AM   #2583 (permalink)
TheItch
јебига

god. i so dont wanna be me today. cant even open my eyes as I should so I can see proper.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 09:47 AM   #2584 (permalink)
DarkGift
ov Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by failure_of_threads View Post
die hard kata-fans, i really can't understand how you like a lot of katatonia's work...i've listened to it all and absolutely nothing stands out besides the new one personally. either the recording quality/production is just not good or the songs are just not what i dig....but the new one is just fucking pure excellence. what are some ones i should give another try?
i thought so as well when i started listening to katatonia... try brave murder day and last fair deal gone down
Old April 23rd, 2010, 10:32 AM   #2585 (permalink)
stefan86
invariably off-topic

LFDGD is the best gateway album to clean vocal katatonia, it has both the doom and the newer toolish rhythm stuff going on

Ending Quest (Swedish Old School Death Metal):
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ending...46404308776819

Soliloquium (Death/Doom Metal):
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Solilo...36215949804095
Old April 23rd, 2010, 07:09 PM   #2586 (permalink)
LifeDepraved
My soul got a crack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD DARKSOUL View Post
Hot Ride Party Bus needs to answer their fucking phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan86 View Post
LFDGD is the best gateway album to clean vocal katatonia, it has both the doom and the newer toolish rhythm stuff going on

I FUCKING AGREE.

Last night I played 'Change Of Seasons' by Dream Theater at the bar...no one likes me...lol...after that Mercyful Fate - Satan's Fall...then some more Dream Theater...I made sure no one would listen to their indie bro core fag music.

I succeeded!
Old April 23rd, 2010, 09:19 PM   #2587 (permalink)
Brave.Archangel
Inside the City of Glass

good job
Old April 23rd, 2010, 10:14 PM   #2588 (permalink)
LifeDepraved
My soul got a crack

Yeah, some girl was like "boy, how much money you put in dat thang?"

Too bad it turns into a club tonight...but thats alright...we get some Lady Gaga and wanker punks with dropkick murphy patches "moshing" to usher.

Everyone strives to be "ironic" these days.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 10:17 PM   #2589 (permalink)
Brave.Archangel
Inside the City of Glass

so how much did it cost to play the 24 minute song A Change of Seasons? lol
Old April 23rd, 2010, 10:21 PM   #2590 (permalink)
LifeDepraved
My soul got a crack

$1.

We have the coolest jukebox ever at this bar. They have Katatonia, Maiden, Priest, Darkthrone, Dream Theater, Frank Zappa, Type O, My Dying Bride, Opeth and bunches more.

Met some cool and no so cool people that way. More on the latter side.

It was funny though, some hipster fag had a Cannibal Corpse shirt on, and this guy next to me asked him what his favorite album was, and he replied "i dont know", then rambled about how it's his favorite shirt.

Well it has been known for awhile...metal is fashion.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 10:56 PM   #2591 (permalink)
Brave.Archangel
Inside the City of Glass

music is fashion.

Anyways. That does sound like one great jukebox. I would love to get drunk. Really drunk. And play that kind of music in a bar.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 11:06 PM   #2592 (permalink)
LORD DARKSOUL
Welcum 2 my funeral

Yeah, I really dislike most "metal" people that I meet randomly out in places. 95% of the time, I'm completely underwhelmed by their knowledge of the types of music they claim to like. You'd think these socially incompetent morons would be the exceptions to the rule, but in an age when any band is accessible with the few clicks of a mouse, the amount of people that "LIVE FOR METAL, BRO!" who have never heard Darkthrone or any Opeth albums before Blackwater Park amazes me. On top of that, they take it all way too seriously when they don't even get it in the first place... I'd rather hang out with Hurricane Chris fans who just want to get krvnk without pretensions for style.

In my old age, I've learned not to let my all-consuming hatred for everyone bother me. I just make sure that I'm sexier than everyone anywhere I go, so there's no mistaking who the Top Dawg is.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 11:24 PM   #2593 (permalink)
Brave.Archangel
Inside the City of Glass

333 posts.... Multiply that by 2
Old April 23rd, 2010, 11:26 PM   #2594 (permalink)
Katatonic89

I just got home from work... Started at 23 and finished at 06:00... Im fucking tierd.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 11:54 PM   #2595 (permalink)
Brave.Archangel
Inside the City of Glass

Great now LDS has 334 posts. But what I said before I said when he had 333 posts.
Old April 23rd, 2010, 11:58 PM   #2596 (permalink)
LORD DARKSOUL
Welcum 2 my funeral

At the rate I'm going, I won't have 666 posts until 2018!
Old April 24th, 2010, 05:25 AM   #2597 (permalink)
nymphx
C old W ays.

Meh.. me and my bf broke up because of the most shittiest reason ever.
Old April 24th, 2010, 07:22 AM   #2598 (permalink)
Lisra
starlight spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDepraved View Post
It was funny though, some hipster fag had a Cannibal Corpse shirt on, and this guy next to me asked him what his favorite album was, and he replied "i dont know", then rambled about how it's his favorite shirt.
This kinda hurts. whyy..

A bit like when Tokio Hotel fans started wearing Maiden shirts because the singer once wore one. If they at least listened to it, it might have helped them.
Old April 24th, 2010, 07:36 AM   #2599 (permalink)
Nightmare_Heaven
Death Disco

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD DARKSOUL View Post
Yeah, I really dislike most "metal" people that I meet randomly out in places. 95% of the time, I'm completely underwhelmed by their knowledge of the types of music they claim to like. You'd think these socially incompetent morons would be the exceptions to the rule, but in an age when any band is accessible with the few clicks of a mouse, the amount of people that "LIVE FOR METAL, BRO!" who have never heard Darkthrone or any Opeth albums before Blackwater Park amazes me. On top of that, they take it all way too seriously when they don't even get it in the first place... I'd rather hang out with Hurricane Chris fans who just want to get krvnk without pretensions for style.

In my old age, I've learned not to let my all-consuming hatred for everyone bother me. I just make sure that I'm sexier than everyone anywhere I go, so there's no mistaking who the Top Dawg is.
Fine words
Old April 24th, 2010, 08:20 AM   #2600 (permalink)
Lord Byron
My Uncle Is A Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymphx View Post
Meh.. me and my bf broke up because of the most shittiest reason ever.

That sucks. Everything seems to be falling apart these days.

Ireland was once a province of Great Britain, but this was the source of epic anti-lulz so it is now an independent country famous for a number of things such as drinking, fighting, hating the English, leprechauns, terrorism, potatoes, drinking and killing the English.