Katatonia  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Katatonia
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 17th, 2009, 01:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Alcapoth
S t a r E

Thumbs up Krister Linder

Well, I felt the need to thank KATATONIA for introducing me (and hopefully many others) to Krister Linder. If not for featuring him on the upcoming album, I would never have found this dude on my own probably. So thanks, guys!

That dude is seriously talented. I don't think I have heard any new music that has impressed me as much as his has. This is the kinda stuff I needed to find...something with "awe" factor written all over it...something unique and different - something with real depth and feeling (like Katatonia's music provides.) And since electronic music is probably the genre I listen to the most, it's just even more reason to why I was so impressed by it. And wow...he gave it all for FREE??? He's NUTS!

In any case, as if I needed ONE more reason to look forward to Katatonia's masterpiece haha. Now I'm even more excited to hear what this guy adds to the album ESPECIALLY reading what Mikael pointed out about his contribution. Jonas and Krister...this can only amount to GREATNESS!

People should really check out his tracks "Don't Lose Your Way", "Ghostfriend", "I Love You" and my personal favourite "Before It's All Over" (this is some serious stuff!)

I already cannot find myself stop listening to this...I get zoned out and totally lost in the music. It's eerie, trippy...even magical.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old September 17th, 2009, 03:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Brave.Archangel
Inside the City of Glass

Just listened to one track (I Love You) and I'm diggin' it.
Old September 17th, 2009, 03:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
moouers
Custom User Title

Should also give Trentem°ller a listen... not many vocal tracks, but a really smooth organic and dark sound. Listen to "Take Me Into Your Skin", "Miss You (Radio Edit)", "Blood in the Streets", and "The Very Last Resort" if you can.

Hybrid is another good artist, particularly with the album "I Choose Noise". Choke is a great track with some good vocals.

And yes, Krister Linder is fantastic

Last edited by moouers : September 17th, 2009 at 03:32 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old September 17th, 2009, 03:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Brave.Archangel
Inside the City of Glass

Downloaded 'Songs From The Silent Years' off his webpage, and I'm actually blown away. I first tried to research this mystery friend to katatonia after hearing his work with certain TGCD songs, and heard Enter The Hunt. Hated it after one listen. This solo stuff is fuckin amazing. Reminds me a bit of No-Man
Old September 17th, 2009, 03:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
OminousInane
Like Glass...

Songs from the Silent Years is great. Don't Lose Your Way is probably my favorite track by him.
Old September 17th, 2009, 06:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Schism
Evacuate, Assemble here..

The Solo album and "Enter The Hunts" 2006 both sound promising, Checking 'em out now!

Old September 17th, 2009, 09:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
M3

I first heard of him when the July single was released. He's a phenomenal musician. Only problem is that most of his music is ridiculously difficult to find. As Alcapoth mentioned, it's true; he does give his music away for free. I actually emailed him once inquiring about buying Songs From The Silent Years (the cd, not a digital copy), and he was nice enough to send me the album in the mail, without even asking for payment. So I can personally attest to the fact that he's an incredible musician and person.

Along with Songs From The Silent Years, I would also recommend checking out Return To Forever, by Seba. Seba is a drum and bass musician from Sweden and Krister Linder contributed to the song Blaze & Fade Out, found on this album. You can listen to it on Krister's myspace page (http://www.myspace.com/kristerlinder). It's probably my favorite song with him in it, so I'd definately suggest you check it out if you haven't already.

I can't wait to hear what he does on Night Is The New Day!
Old September 17th, 2009, 04:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Alcapoth
S t a r E

Moouers, I hope this artist has a myspace. In any case, I will be checking it out for sure! Thanks.

@Brave.Archangel - Haha, yeah...I just couldn't get into Enter the Hunt either. The solo stuff is far and away superior. I don't know, I guess I just didn't get it. Oh, and Steven Wilson's No-Man is it?

M3, will definitely check that page out when I have time later tonight. And man, he sent ya a hard copy for FREE? Ok, he's definitely crazy haha. Well, I guess he just wants to get his music out there...I'm trying to get his stuff out there to as many people as I can. I've been sending out his mp3's to a bunch of people already.

Man, after countless listens now there is just no question...this music is gonna stay in my playlist for quite some time. This stuff just does it for me. The vocals actually are quite reminiscent to Jeff Buckley I had recently noticed. For me, anyway.
What's great about him is that he's totally original...
...and not a SINGLE song is crap. The whole album flows incredibly well and I seem to never want to skip ANY track. That's something rare to find these days.
New standouts for me are Soft King Kong (great chorus!) and Nothing Ever.

Last edited by Alcapoth : September 17th, 2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old September 17th, 2009, 04:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
moouers
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcapoth View Post
Moouers, I hope this artist has a myspace. In any case, I will be checking it out for sure! Thanks.

http://www.myspace.com/trentemoeller

There's a live version of "Take Me Into Your Skin" there and a regular version. Listen to the regular version near the bottom of the playlist. "Miss You" is on there too, listen to the original version. Hope this helps.
Old September 18th, 2009, 07:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
Schism
Evacuate, Assemble here..

Enter the hunt was cool, like a cross between "Khoma" (not as dense though), and Australia's "Cog" (Vocally at times). The solo stuff on the other hand was gorgeous!! His voice is so pure, I absolutely adored it, can't wait to listen again. Mixed Blood and Soft King Kong were stand outs!

Old September 18th, 2009, 12:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Alcapoth
S t a r E

Quote:
Originally Posted by moouers View Post
http://www.myspace.com/trentemoeller

There's a live version of "Take Me Into Your Skin" there and a regular version. Listen to the regular version near the bottom of the playlist. "Miss You" is on there too, listen to the original version. Hope this helps.
Dude, that is some seriously impressive music. Thanks man. You don't by any chance have mp3's for those two tracks, do ya? I can't even decide which of the two I like more - they're both fantastic!
(Now, what of this Hybrid???)
Old September 18th, 2009, 11:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
moouers
Custom User Title

I have some AAC files, but they're protected by the stupid world of Apple (got it through iTunes). The version I have of Miss You is not protected, however.

Hybrid does not currently have the songs I suggested on their myspace page, but you can hear samples through iTunes as that is where I purchased them from. The name of the album is "I Choose Noise". The AAC files I have are NOT protected
Old September 19th, 2009, 02:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
Grumble Grumble
We die We all...

i absolutely 1000% love krister linder. I love dark sounding down tempo SOOOOOO much.
Old September 20th, 2009, 12:45 AM   #14 (permalink)
Lyre's Harmony
Lunatic Soul

he's so creepy. watch the "nothing ever" music video (if you can) and try to tell me your not creeped out.
Old September 20th, 2009, 01:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
insidethefall
somewhere nowhere

Listening to his myspace page now, it's great stuff - thanks
Old September 25th, 2009, 12:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
AngelinaBlakkheim
Menacing meow

Hey, Alcapoth (:
Thank you for the recommendation. I wasn't aware Krister Linder made such nice music. I've been listening to "Songs from the silent years" through his official page and really liked the stuff. I'm hoping to get the album in some special stores near my home. Any other album I should consider?
Old September 25th, 2009, 12:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Skaldir
formerly known as Unicorn

hey what a nice suprise you're back.
hope you're doing fine
Abscession

my studio:
Kalthallen

--> Kalthallen Cabs - New MesOs 4x12 IR library out! <--
Old March 7th, 2010, 07:47 AM   #18 (permalink)
MadTinus
Spelling/language nazi

Question to particularly the Swedish folks here: I want the Enter the Hunt CD "For Life. Til Death. to Hell. with Love.", but it seems to be impossible to get despite the fact that it was released only in 2006 through a major label (Sony/BMG).

I searched ebay several times, but it always comes up with zero results. Searched online cd retailers, even asked the band directly, but to no avail..

So, anyone has a spare copy or knows where to get it someway somehow somewhere? Please?
Old March 7th, 2010, 09:25 AM   #19 (permalink)
isolation_years

i heard one album a few years ago, it's kinda cool stuff
Old March 7th, 2010, 11:32 AM   #20 (permalink)
Hobo
Se˝or Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTinus View Post
Question to particularly the Swedish folks here: I want the Enter the Hunt CD "For Life. Til Death. to Hell. with Love.", but it seems to be impossible to get despite the fact that it was released only in 2006 through a major label (Sony/BMG).

I searched ebay several times, but it always comes up with zero results. Searched online cd retailers, even asked the band directly, but to no avail..

So, anyone has a spare copy or knows where to get it someway somehow somewhere? Please?
I bougt mine used from a store here in stockholm a while ago..
(www.repulsive.se) but havent seen it since.. i can keep an eye out for you.
Old March 7th, 2010, 12:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
BlueSky
Banned

I found the lyrics to Enter the Hunt's "Fighters" for anyone who's interested:

Hey! Don't tell us what you want,
Cause we don't give a fuck about you and your kind.
You! You better take a step back where ever the fuck you came from.
No! You ain't one of us and to be tag along you're too ugly and blunt.
Why?! Is it so hard to get that we don't need you, stupid cunt!

If you don't know how to resent one another,
To gain the new way of power,
It'll get to the point where no one gives a fuck
What you may think of us or what you may not.

Stop! Are you ever gonna stop tryin' to be on the way that we wanna go?
Fuck! It's pissing the fuck out of us when you don't understand the word 'no' !
Now, you're tellin' that you'll win the war that's only battled cause you're
Too dumb to die. That's right! You can take your war and shove it up your ass,
Then close your eyes and say goodbye.

If you don't know how to resent one another,
To gain the new way of power,
It'll get to the point where no one gives a fuck
What you may think of us or what you may not.

We're hate crew, we stand and we won't fall...
We're all for none and none for all.
Fuck you! We'll fight 'til the last hit
And we sure as hell ain't taking no shit!
Old March 7th, 2010, 04:49 PM   #22 (permalink)
LifeDepraved
My soul got a crack

Alexi Laiho guest lyricist?
Old March 8th, 2010, 05:17 AM   #23 (permalink)
MadTinus
Spelling/language nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo View Post
I bougt mine used from a store here in stockholm a while ago..
(www.repulsive.se) but havent seen it since.. i can keep an eye out for you.
Thanks man, please do!
Old March 9th, 2010, 02:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
Cis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTinus View Post

Hey Martijn, I wish you good luck in finding it. I bought my copy somewhere in Stockholm during our Melloboat weekend, would have bought one for you too if I had known...

By the way, Jonas & Krister should record a whole album together. They absolutely should. Yes.
Old March 9th, 2010, 04:10 PM   #25 (permalink)
MadTinus
Spelling/language nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cis View Post
Hey Martijn, I wish you good luck in finding it. I bought my copy somewhere in Stockholm during our Melloboat weekend, would have bought one for you too if I had known...

By the way, Jonas & Krister should record a whole album together. They absolutely should. Yes.
Yeah, shame, that was before I discovered it.. Ah well, I'll get it sometime