Katatonia  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Katatonia
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 3rd, 2010, 09:40 AM   #76 (permalink)
rakytyka

It is not the best video ever, but not bad either. I like it very much. I think Anders and Daniel should appear too, but still. It's a good one.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 3rd, 2010, 11:28 AM   #77 (permalink)
KittyKatatonia

Not bad...it's definitely way better than that ridiculously awful Day and Then the Shade video.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old March 3rd, 2010, 12:03 PM   #78 (permalink)
daimonion

What i LOVE about this, is that they are really going for the Katatonia feeling this time around. Great!

But it looks amateurish and a little random/rushed. Thumbs up still.
Old March 4th, 2010, 12:21 PM   #79 (permalink)
Clayman77
Katatoned

Great video. I love it. Much more Katatonia feeling than the awful 'Day and then the Shade' video.
my thoughts redefined
how cold is the flame
of our uncompromising future
how cold is the sun
Old March 7th, 2010, 06:09 AM   #80 (permalink)
Migs
Friday the 13th addict

anyone got the package "Longest Year MCD" + T-shirt, currently on sale in the merch section? Would like to know the quality of the tee
Old March 7th, 2010, 06:16 AM   #81 (permalink)
Lisra
starlight spectre

They look very similar to the "Blood girl" shirts they are selling on tour which look really good. did buy a different one though, so I can only tell from eyesight.
Old March 7th, 2010, 02:33 PM   #82 (permalink)
Clayman77
Katatoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
anyone got the package "Longest Year MCD" + T-shirt, currently on sale in the merch section? Would like to know the quality of the tee
I ordered EP + T-shirt bundle, but obviosly hasn't gotten it yet, coz they'll ship those only after Longest Year EP is released on 15th.
my thoughts redefined
how cold is the flame
of our uncompromising future
how cold is the sun
Old March 7th, 2010, 02:59 PM   #83 (permalink)
Coma323

I want that shirt but not for $37
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:52 AM   #84 (permalink)
Grumble Grumble
We die We all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyre's Harmony View Post
story of the album in this video "where's Anders Nystrom?"
This made me laugh hahah.

The longest year, is I am assuming then. Jonas looking for Anders for the last year?

Old March 13th, 2010, 03:24 AM   #85 (permalink)
FlawedCoil82

I am not sure if it has been posted yet but this site has a clip of (what I am guessing) is the chorus to "Sold Heart". Definitely not bad.

http://us.7digital.com/artists/katat...-longest-year/
Jack
Within Temptation, Flaw, Tool, Lacuna Coil, The Panic Division, Breaking Benjamin, Katatonia, Red, Evans Blue, A Perfect Circle, Lunatica, Metallica, Evanescence, Silverchair ('94-'01), Bush, Autumn, Stone Temple Pilots, Fair To Midland, Leaves' Eyes, Novus Dae, Cyrenic, Goo Goo Dolls, Type O Negative, Cold, Staind, Era For A Moment, The Birthday Massacre, Absolution Project, Delain, Atomship, 3 Doors Down, Lifehouse, Creed, Linkin Park, 10 Years, Brave, The Smashing Pumpkins and tons more.
Old March 13th, 2010, 06:54 AM   #86 (permalink)
heavy metal

i got the tour t-shirt for 15 and the ep for 5 good value. at the manchester show.
Old March 13th, 2010, 07:20 AM   #87 (permalink)
Qth
Treasonous Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
I am not sure if it has been posted yet but this site has a clip of (what I am guessing) is the chorus to "Sold Heart". Definitely not bad.

http://us.7digital.com/artists/katat...-longest-year/
Jack
Thanx!

Last.fm

Old March 13th, 2010, 12:48 PM   #88 (permalink)
Lyre's Harmony
Lunatic Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumble Grumble View Post
This made me laugh hahah.

The longest year, is I am assuming then. Jonas looking for Anders for the last year?

Old March 13th, 2010, 03:30 PM   #89 (permalink)
Nightmare_Heaven
Death Disco

Day and Then the Shade remix is good...really like the way it starts and picks up, i think i prefer it to the original song actually...Sold Heart is nice too, not quite on the level on Unfurl but they need more time to sink in
Old March 13th, 2010, 05:34 PM   #90 (permalink)
Wildhoney
Allegra Fiorentina

The new video in fact is a lil' bit amateurish, but I definetely prefer this one to the previous one for 'Day and then the shade'. All that red of fire, sparks and the black, reminds me of the front-cover for ''Discouraged ones''. Well, actually I'm not so mad about musical videoclips.

'Sold heart' sounds good but nothing if compared to those few seconds of 'The longest year' when I heard it months ago from the teaser. This song is really great and I'm glad they're promoting it.

My fansite:
http://www.klimt1918-fever.net

Last edited by Wildhoney : March 13th, 2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old March 14th, 2010, 05:03 PM   #91 (permalink)
the mourner13
bah!

I just listened to Sold Heart and I gotta say it ownz all NITND songs... Great song!
I cut my lungs out, I need a fix,
You're my puzzle and my pieces fit
Cos everything and everyone is old.
Old March 14th, 2010, 09:13 PM   #92 (permalink)
i aint play this

I KNEW someone would say that this song is better than any song on the album just because it's a b-side. Was just a matter of time really.
Old March 14th, 2010, 09:22 PM   #93 (permalink)
Brave.Archangel
Inside the City of Glass

True that!!!

I have to say that Sold Heart is NOT superior to many of the NitND songs. That is really UNCOOL of me to think, I know, cuz it's a B-side so therefore it's cooler
Old March 14th, 2010, 11:39 PM   #94 (permalink)
BlueSky
Banned

I'd say it's definitely among the best from the NitND period.
Old March 15th, 2010, 12:52 AM   #95 (permalink)
Coma323

can't wait for this ep to arrive
Old March 15th, 2010, 02:33 AM   #96 (permalink)
FlawedCoil82

Well I believe it's pretty much impossible for Katatonia to create a song that I don't like since TGCD. Having said that though, I am not too overly crazy for "Sold Heart". I certainly like it better than any of their older stuff simply because the vocals are better. If I had to rank it with the other songs from NITND though, I'd rank it as my 3rd least favorite song (behind "Nephilim" and the second half of "Departer"). I wonder if this is "the 13th song" that they originally said they recorded for NITND? I wouldn't be surprised if it was since it follows the same "no more than 2 choruses per song" pattern that every other song on NITND uses. Nonetheless, I added "Sold Heart" to the rest of the songs on a cd-r (any future songs released before the next album will also be added to it) so now my original copy of NITND will collect dust from here on out.
Jack
Within Temptation, Flaw, Tool, Lacuna Coil, The Panic Division, Breaking Benjamin, Katatonia, Red, Evans Blue, A Perfect Circle, Lunatica, Metallica, Evanescence, Silverchair ('94-'01), Bush, Autumn, Stone Temple Pilots, Fair To Midland, Leaves' Eyes, Novus Dae, Cyrenic, Goo Goo Dolls, Type O Negative, Cold, Staind, Era For A Moment, The Birthday Massacre, Absolution Project, Delain, Atomship, 3 Doors Down, Lifehouse, Creed, Linkin Park, 10 Years, Brave, The Smashing Pumpkins and tons more.
Old March 15th, 2010, 04:35 AM   #97 (permalink)
Jester-Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
Well I believe it's pretty much impossible for Katatonia to create a song that I don't like since TGCD. Having said that though, I am not too overly crazy for "Sold Heart". I certainly like it better than any of their older stuff simply because the vocals are better. If I had to rank it with the other songs from NITND though, I'd rank it as my 3rd least favorite song (behind "Nephilim" and the second half of "Departer"). I wonder if this is "the 13th song" that they originally said they recorded for NITND? I wouldn't be surprised if it was since it follows the same "no more than 2 choruses per song" pattern that every other song on NITND uses. Nonetheless, I added "Sold Heart" to the rest of the songs on a cd-r (any future songs released before the next album will also be added to it) so now my original copy of NITND will collect dust from here on out.
Jack
still having that self-flawed reasoning for making b-sides into a cd again "just cuz it suppoed to be dere" feeling?

sigh.

*facepalm*
Old March 15th, 2010, 04:44 AM   #98 (permalink)
the mourner13
bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by i aint play this View Post
I KNEW someone would say that this song is better than any song on the album just because it's a b-side. Was just a matter of time really.
Well, that is just a matter of TASTE actually. I was always willing to hear an album in the vein of Unfurl from Katatonia. Sold Heart is really in the vein of Unfurl and I really really liked it. I don't care if it's a B-side or not, that is what I expect from Katatonia and for me it really is better than any album song... Live with it.
I cut my lungs out, I need a fix,
You're my puzzle and my pieces fit
Cos everything and everyone is old.
Old March 15th, 2010, 07:50 AM   #99 (permalink)
daimonion

Sold heart kinda sounds like newer Anathema. It was nice, but understandebly a b-side, both because of the style and quality.
Old March 15th, 2010, 10:06 AM   #100 (permalink)
KittyKatatonia

Finally heard Sold Heart and it's utterly amazing, as good as anything on the new album.

I also found that it fits very well into Night is the New Day if you put the song after Ashen and before Departer on a CDR.