Katatonia  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Katatonia
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 5th, 2011, 06:52 PM   #51 (permalink)
LovesIcyDeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qth View Post
Draconian - Hope they continue with the Kata-influenses.
Indeed. Most of all I hope they get some sort of tour sorted out.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 5th, 2011, 09:34 PM   #52 (permalink)
BlueSky
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belligerent View Post
imo
+1. Normally I try to avoid being disrespectful about others opinions, but in this case I always make an acceptation being that Varg and his "music" (*note the use of quotations) is such a disgrace to metal and mankind in general. The metal equivalent of the talentless Charles Manson. Only one reason why anyone still knows who these two losers are.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 5th, 2011, 11:16 PM   #53 (permalink)
insidethefall
somewhere nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
+1. Normally I try to avoid being disrespectful about others opinions, but in this case I always make an acceptation being that Varg and his "music" (*note the use of quotations) is such a disgrace to metal and mankind in general. The metal equivalent of the talentless Charles Manson. Only one reason why anyone still knows who these two losers are.
I'm not going to defend Varg as an individual; A lot of people tend to worship the guy. I think he's clearly on the insane side- his extremist attitudes and stuff that he says is enough to turn me off entirely. But he never used racism as his lyrical subject and as for black metal, most of his stuff has been highly atmospheric and moody (even extremely beautiful, this coming from a convicted murderer). He creates memorable music through simplicity and repetition, something that a lot of people tend to miscontrue as "talentless"

It's also interesting to hear the burzum stuff now, seeing as he has completely been blocked from the modern metal trends (and how there's pretty much no real black metal scene today.) "Belus" was tepid offering with a couple standout tracks, "Fallen" is way more interesting with much better songwriting; It will rank up with the more honest albums of 2011.
Old February 6th, 2011, 03:56 AM   #54 (permalink)
LifeDepraved
My soul got a crack

I don't care what the guy did....nor do I care what any band does outside making their music...

I like the 2 new Burzum albums.

hails
Old February 6th, 2011, 09:14 AM   #55 (permalink)
Lisra
starlight spectre

That guy is such a waste of space.
Old February 6th, 2011, 01:12 PM   #56 (permalink)
discouraged1
disco my arse!

new tartar lamb

if you're into kayo dot, experimental music and jazz you'd love this. very lynchesque

http://www.kayodot.net/tartarlamb/
Old February 11th, 2011, 08:05 AM   #57 (permalink)
Citizen Erased
Jamie Lenman <3

Varg is a nutter, murderer and God knows what else. If he wasn't a musician he'd be reviled by anybody.

I'll admit I've not heard his records mind, but he's not really given me the biggest motivation to. There's a lot of bands on my "to listen to" list before him. And I mean a lot.
Old February 14th, 2011, 10:53 AM   #58 (permalink)
discouraged1
disco my arse!

temple of the smoke, space rock band from belgrade:

http://soundcloud.com/temple-of-the-...st-human-race/
Old February 14th, 2011, 10:10 PM   #59 (permalink)
Phoenix5
d3v4s7a710n

temple of the dog?!?!!?!?!!?!
Old February 15th, 2011, 05:35 AM   #60 (permalink)
SerenityNow!
*burp*

Temple of the Dog???????????? If it's the band of old, Id be excited (the Seattle band, that is)...

Stuff I'm waiting for:

Opeth
Storm Corrosion
Blackfield
Arch/Matheos
Symphony X
Evergrey
DTP
Fen
Ahab (?)
Dark Suns (?)
Pallas
Pendragon
Cure (?)
Tool
Fates Warning (?)
Rush
Threshold

Probably some others too...

Last edited by SerenityNow! : February 20th, 2011 at 05:40 AM.
Old February 15th, 2011, 10:53 AM   #61 (permalink)
Phoenix5
d3v4s7a710n

I was joking on the Temple of the Smoke deal.

Temple of the Dog is long gone. I believe they were a one album and done band just to commemorate Andrew Wood's death.
Old February 15th, 2011, 12:59 PM   #62 (permalink)
Omega Mitch
Born under a maple tree

These are what I hope for:

Opeth: It's been 3 years, and they've said they're entering the studio and aiming for a fall 2011 release.

Katatonia: Not likely, since Viva - TGCD was a 3 year wait, and TGCD - NITND was also a 3 year wait. Still, I'm hoping for a new release since in the fall.

Mastodon: It's been 2 years, and I haven't really heard much about them lately besides scoring the soundtrack for Jonah Hex which I can't seem to find anywhere. So I assume they're locked away in the studio.

Porcupine Tree: Steven Wilson is his own musical laxative. It just flows out of him. If not Porcupine Tree, it'll be his solo project, Blackfield, No-Man, the Akerfeldt/Wilson project, or something completely different.

Trivium: Fuck the haters, I love them. They're in the studio now and I think 2011 is a safe bet.

Krallice: New album is confirmed for April. They are my favorite black metal band in existence. Nobody makes black metal like they do, majestic and terrifying at once, long songs with fully-realized ideas.

There's a few.
Old February 18th, 2011, 04:48 PM   #63 (permalink)
griev0r
Here is Nowhere

New Radiohead album out of nowhere! I just finished listening to it for the first time, LOVE it already!

http://www.thekingoflimbs.com/
Old February 18th, 2011, 09:41 PM   #64 (permalink)
insidethefall
somewhere nowhere

a couple to add to the list

40 Watt Sun (the lead singer from Warning's new band, havent heard anything but since the last excellent Warning album and the break up of the band, I'll be really excited if it's along the same lines)

Alternative 4 (New project by Duncan Patterson. Not too impressed by his Ion stuff, but I think this is supposed to be heavier)

Iced Earth (best time to make a good comeback)
Old February 20th, 2011, 08:00 AM   #65 (permalink)
the_dying

Virus! Very good release!
Old February 20th, 2011, 01:56 PM   #66 (permalink)
LifeDepraved
My soul got a crack

For Iced Earth...this is do or die. I pretty much don't for anything since Horror Show, but since this won't be a concept album, it might come out better. The past two albums were stale and boring as hell. He got Barlow back...now please bring back the galloping Iron Metallica riffs!
Old February 20th, 2011, 03:10 PM   #67 (permalink)
isolation_years

cant say im excited for new radiohead or blackfield (never did anything for me)

looking forward to ulver, new anaal nathrakh and opssibly some other stuff, opeth?

ghost are awesome
Old February 20th, 2011, 08:48 PM   #68 (permalink)
FJChaos
Señor Member

The new Radiohead already came out on Friday
Old February 20th, 2011, 09:17 PM   #69 (permalink)
insidethefall
somewhere nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDepraved View Post
For Iced Earth...this is do or die. I pretty much don't for anything since Horror Show, but since this won't be a concept album, it might come out better. The past two albums were stale and boring as hell. He got Barlow back...now please bring back the galloping Iron Metallica riffs!
Agreed! Even horror show was a letdown imo and they haven't been the same since - ripper was a bad choice and I believe the last album was written before barlow rejoined. I think the band realizes that it is a do or die situation
Old February 20th, 2011, 09:19 PM   #70 (permalink)
insidethefall
somewhere nowhere

Porcupine tree is a hit or miss band for me, but blackfield is all miss...I can't see what is so great about them.
Old February 27th, 2011, 02:03 AM   #71 (permalink)
Hobo
Señor Member

Just recently realised that Leprous is currently recording a new album.
Since i take ever chance i can to promote them (they deserve to be famous... they´re just that good..),
here goes again;
nothing is going to top this release.
a couple of live vids of them performing new songs is up on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/leprouschannel
Old March 14th, 2011, 09:20 AM   #72 (permalink)
discouraged1
disco my arse!

been relistening to the thirteenth step, josh freeze is such a great drummer. would be nice to see a new album sometime during 2011
Old March 15th, 2011, 06:01 AM   #73 (permalink)
salient
Moment of solace

New Amon Amarth and Children of Bodom are kickass!
Old March 15th, 2011, 11:24 AM   #74 (permalink)
Heliotropic_Rose
in the soil beneath

did anyone like the new radiohead? I found it very boring and bland, and i love radiohead
Old March 15th, 2011, 11:33 AM   #75 (permalink)
Heliotropic_Rose
in the soil beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by discouraged1 View Post
been relistening to the thirteenth step, josh freeze is such a great drummer. would be nice to see a new album sometime during 2011
josh freese you mean, but that's okay. Josh has a new release coming out soon. But I don't know why i'm even mentioning it because it is some indy rock/emo bullshit, i think its his solo stuff anyway

http://joshfreese.com/buynow/