Katatonia  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Katatonia
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 19th, 2011, 10:23 AM   #351 (permalink)
Cis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo View Post
See you there then, Cis

Will definetly be the show of the year.
Yes, see you there, Hobo

And yes- Frank Default!!! I thought it couldn't get any better but I was wrong
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 22nd, 2011, 05:49 PM   #352 (permalink)
Swany
Rider On The Bonez

Pffff!
Definitely not going. That line-up is ridiculous. Seriously. Who's able to stand THAT?
Far too much awesome. It just has to be incredibly unhealthy, someone might get a heart attack from excessive fanboy/girl-ism. I rather stay here and go to work... thank god I cannot get holidays even if I wanted. Lucky me!

この空 埋めつくして今、流星に変われ
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 23rd, 2011, 05:15 AM   #353 (permalink)
DarkGift
ov Doom

that show is just getting better and better, can't wait!

me and stefan86 will be there, so if some more forum members are going, say hi or something
Old December 6th, 2011, 12:37 AM   #354 (permalink)
Kains D
Am I my brother's keeper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swany View Post
Pffff!
Definitely not going. That line-up is ridiculous. Seriously. Who's able to stand THAT?
Far too much awesome. It just has to be incredibly unhealthy, someone might get a heart attack from excessive fanboy/girl-ism. I rather stay here and go to work... thank god I cannot get holidays even if I wanted. Lucky me!

Waaah indeed. :'( If I had known, I'd skip the trip to Germany and go directly to Sweden.
Old December 13th, 2011, 10:12 PM   #355 (permalink)
FlawedCoil82

So is it possible that we haven't heard more about the upcoming LAST FAIR DAY GONE NIGHT dvd release because the band/label are intending to include this upcoming guests-a-plenty show into the package? I sure hope they will (as well as include the live audio cds).
Within Temptation, Flaw, Tool, Lacuna Coil, The Panic Division, Breaking Benjamin, Katatonia, Red, Evans Blue, A Perfect Circle, Lunatica, Metallica, Evanescence, Silverchair ('94-'01), Bush, Autumn, Stone Temple Pilots, Fair To Midland, Leaves' Eyes, Novus Dae, Cyrenic, Goo Goo Dolls, Type O Negative, Cold, Staind, Era For A Moment, The Birthday Massacre, Absolution Project, Delain, Atomship, 3 Doors Down, Lifehouse, Creed, Linkin Park, 10 Years, Brave, The Smashing Pumpkins and tons more.
Old December 14th, 2011, 03:56 AM   #356 (permalink)
DarkGift
ov Doom

that would be awesome
Old December 15th, 2011, 05:11 AM   #357 (permalink)
DarkGift
ov Doom

absolutely great show yesterday!
Old December 18th, 2011, 05:30 AM   #358 (permalink)
stefan86
invariably off-topic

retardedly good show indeed

Ending Quest (Swedish Old School Death Metal):
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ending...46404308776819

Soliloquium (Death/Doom Metal):
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Solilo...36215949804095
Old December 18th, 2011, 11:18 AM   #359 (permalink)
Cis

Yes indeed, the show was brilliant and therefore it surely deserves a few more words, so here we go:
The support band was Enter the Hunt. They hardly ever play live, that alone was already worth travelling all the way to Stockholm. The sound could have been better but nonetheless it was great to see and hear them, especially the beautiful and charismatic singer. Which is Krister Linder, in case anyone didn't know.
Next up was the LFDGD- set which I suppose all true Kata- fans have already seen at one of the anniversary- shows, so I don't need to tell you how good it was
A little break and then the best of- set. It was something like this (order is probably wrong though) : Forsaker, Liberation, Longest year, Wait outside, My twin, I break, Evidence, Ghost of the sun, July, For my demons, Day and then the shade, did I forget anything?
And then came all the extra special guests, one after another:
Mattias played Leaders, so nice to see him on stage again! Guillaume (looking like a cool and dark rockstar) played Without god (vocals by Anders) and I was insanely happy to finally hear this song live again! Fred's choice was the good old Murder (with Anders again). Then Mr. Mysterious- Frank Default- appeared, joined by only Jonas and Niklas. And they played something I did not expect at all- Unfurl!!! Goosebumps... Meanwhile, I had somehow managed to get to the frontrow (thanks to some people who were stupid enough to leave before the climax), so Krister stood right in front of me, singing Departer. It couldn't have been any better! I can't really express how happy and privileged I felt. So beautiful and magical...
After the show, I was hanging out with Hobo and some other lovely people. It was awesome to meet the Norrman- Sweethearts again. And later on, we even got to talk to Krister (thank you Hobo for encouraging shy me). What a friendly and warm- hearted guy! I even got A HUG from him
A wonderful night indeed! Biggest thanks to Katatonia, all the special guests and everyone who shared the magic with me. My condolences to those who would have loved to be there but couldn't.
Indulging in sweetest memories while eagerly awaiting the new album...
Old December 18th, 2011, 12:54 PM   #360 (permalink)
Lisra
starlight spectre

^sounds fantastic!

The girlfriend and me saw them yesterday at Eindhoven Metal Meeting. Not that much magic because of the rush (50min set and not a minute more! Damnit, take 30min from Heaven Shall Burn or someone..!) and struggles with the sound.. at one point Anders' mic partially gave up which was sad and with EVERY SINGLE BAND the bass was WAAY too loud.. seriously, when Marduk played some hours before you could not hear the guitars at all..

BUT! We stood right in front of the stage, band our necks sore and could hear jonas sing. all the mixing trouble aside, what matters more? Just like 1,5,m from the guys.. nice! Had a really good time there.

Sadly the rest of EMM was more.. a mixed bag.
Old December 18th, 2011, 04:37 PM   #361 (permalink)
Hobo
Señor Member

anytime Cis always fun to hangout with forum people.

It was indeed a magic night.. awesome songs, and i particularly enjoyed seeing Without god again
(I growled along, headbanged and behaved like a general maniac all song ),
And also really fun to see Departer with Krister.
He does have one of the best voices out there.

Also good news about ETH still wanting to play.. cant wait for some new material to emerge (if it does..)
Old December 19th, 2011, 10:28 AM   #362 (permalink)
DarkGift
ov Doom

cis, i think i saw you... was it you that stood next to me singing along to every song? i stood right in front of jonas with my girlfriend singing along with almost every song
Old December 19th, 2011, 04:11 PM   #363 (permalink)
Coma323

Nice to see that Unfurl was played.
Old December 19th, 2011, 06:10 PM   #364 (permalink)
MadTinus
Spelling/language nazi

Awesome stories, such a shame I couldn't be there.
Old December 20th, 2011, 04:54 AM   #365 (permalink)
Lisra
starlight spectre

No one else at EMM, Vince, Tinus?

The men!

I need to figure what keeps messing up my photos ^^

And some kind person filmed without god
Old December 20th, 2011, 05:24 AM   #366 (permalink)
DarkGift
ov Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma323 View Post
Nice to see that Unfurl was played.
it was awesome!
Old December 20th, 2011, 07:38 AM   #367 (permalink)
°scarlet°
i breathe to memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGift View Post
cis, i think i saw you... was it you that stood next to me singing along to every song? i stood right in front of jonas with my girlfriend singing along with almost every song
so you were standing next to her and didn't say hello or something? pfff
did anyone of you lucky people take pics?? i'd be very curious to see guillaume in action
Old December 20th, 2011, 08:07 AM   #368 (permalink)
DarkGift
ov Doom

i don't know what most of the members of this forum look like so...
Old December 20th, 2011, 08:14 AM   #369 (permalink)
AndreaC

Photos from John Dee, Oslo, December 15th

--
Andrea

Last edited by AndreaC : December 20th, 2011 at 08:17 AM.
Old December 20th, 2011, 08:46 AM   #370 (permalink)
Hobo
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by °scarlet° View Post
did anyone of you lucky people take pics?? i'd be very curious to see guillaume in action
Search the tube, and you will find..
Old December 20th, 2011, 02:54 PM   #371 (permalink)
Cis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGift View Post
No idea, I really suck at recognizing people...
I was indeed singing along all the time, but I suppose the person next to you was probably NOT me, 'cause I was moving around from left to right to middle and so on, until I eventually got to the very front for the last couple of songs.

And no, sorry, I didn't take any pics. I never do because I don't want to be distracted from the music. But I saw plenty of cameras around, should be possible to find pics somewhere in the www.
Old December 22nd, 2011, 05:28 AM   #372 (permalink)
DarkGift
ov Doom

haha, ok
Old December 22nd, 2011, 11:26 PM   #373 (permalink)
deceasedlavy

Unfurl? That's it, I give up. How can I break it to my wife that we are moving to Sweden? Suggestions?
Old December 23rd, 2011, 04:55 AM   #374 (permalink)
DarkGift
ov Doom

Try "We're moving to Sweden"
Old June 26th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #375 (permalink)
Incendiare
hejdundrande skitsnack

Sorry for the bump, but I was ridiculously fortunate enough to attend the concert at Göta Källare in December. Seriously, the greatest concert ever. Thanks for the amazing show, Katatonia!