Katatonia  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Katatonia
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 3rd, 2011, 01:28 PM   #26 (permalink)
Lyre's Harmony
Lunatic Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by season1234 View Post
Something new blended in with the last 4 LP's sounds fine by me!
PLEEASE NO! Less synthesizer I beg!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleak Eyes View Post
Anders just has great vocals, harsh and clean that I think he needs to use more on recordings.
This
Old November 4th, 2011, 12:50 AM   #27 (permalink)
Lisra
starlight spectre

So.. apparently they are gonna build their own studio. Tired of the smelly Ghost Ward already?

Quote:
Just letting you guys know we've made it back home and safely returned to Sweden. A fantastic feeling to be reunited with our families and proud of what we achieved and left behind. This tour was one of the longest we've ever done, but also one of the very best! Thanks once again!
Next up on the agenda will be fighting a malicious jet lag, rebuilding our new practice place into a HQ for the writing/recording of our next album and preparing the last 20th anniversary shows for Scandinavia next month. Keepin' it busy!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old November 13th, 2011, 02:11 PM   #28 (permalink)
Eternal Solitude

awesome news, cant wait
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old December 15th, 2011, 07:13 AM   #29 (permalink)
nat0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyre's Harmony View Post
PLEEASE NO! Less synthesizer I beg!

This
i also hope they go back to more simple rock structure: drum/bass/guitar/vox

NITND was amazing but great cold was better and their best imo

also they are getting old now? anders and jonas like mid 30's right? one day they will have to call it quits and i think this might be their last
So often are you as a blazing torch, with flakes of burning rags falling about you. Flaming, you know not if flames freedom bring or death. Consuming all that you most cherish, if ashes only will be left, and want, chaos and tempest shall it engulf. Or will the ashes hold the glory of a starlike diamond – the Morning Star of everlasting triumph?
Old December 15th, 2011, 12:19 PM   #30 (permalink)
Code Against The Code
Unfurled

MORE SYNTH!
I call on the bird, unfurl
Old December 20th, 2011, 03:00 AM   #31 (permalink)
the mourner13
bah!

If the synths would be written by the guys yes please I want more. If they are written by Frank Default, no thanks. He is a great musician and he has very cool ideas but I think his style somehow does not fit Katatonia's music. I would be happy if the big fat choruses back. Also a slight change in the style and the sound might be refreshing. I need to be surprised this time. Whatever they do I'm sure it will be better than most of the bands that are out there...
I cut my lungs out, I need a fix,
You're my puzzle and my pieces fit
Cos everything and everyone is old.
Old December 20th, 2011, 03:51 AM   #32 (permalink)
Lisra
starlight spectre

I just fold my hands like a good little boy and wait.
Old December 20th, 2011, 06:38 PM   #33 (permalink)
Code Against The Code
Unfurled

Frank's music blends indescribably well with Katatonia's. I hope he writes every backtrack from now on, he is a musical genius!
I call on the bird, unfurl
Old December 21st, 2011, 03:12 AM   #34 (permalink)
BlueSky
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mourner13 View Post
If the synths would be written by the guys yes please I want more. If they are written by Frank Default, no thanks.
Co-signed
Old December 27th, 2011, 11:31 PM   #35 (permalink)
Lefthander
Ethno freak

Frank Default is best
i like old stuff and after album Discouraged ones Katatonia was lost to me
but NITND is amazing
Old January 27th, 2012, 05:46 PM   #36 (permalink)
Kains D
Am I my brother's keeper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Against The Code View Post
Frank's music blends indescribably well with Katatonia's. I hope he writes every backtrack from now on, he is a musical genius!
This.

But why to argue? There are going to be heavy and mellow songs. So everybody'll be happy.
Old January 31st, 2012, 09:30 PM   #37 (permalink)
hugot
¿QUÉ?

is it out yet?is it out yet?is it out yet?is it out yet?is it out yet?is it out yet?is it out yet?is it out yet?is it out yet?
Old March 31st, 2012, 03:39 AM   #38 (permalink)
Anthony
criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mourner13 View Post
I would be happy if the big fat choruses back. Also a slight change in the style and the sound might be refreshing. I need to be surprised this time.
Totally agree!

Talking about solo projects... I would FREAKENLY like to listen JONAS RENKSE's solo project with songs like This Punishment, Nightmares by the sea, We must bury you, Passing bird, O how I enjoy the light, Help me disappear, you know... such strange melodies)))
... then go and get someone!

Old March 31st, 2012, 02:57 PM   #39 (permalink)
FlawedCoil82

Very odd that you picked some of their most underwhelming material (at least to me) for choices. Apart from possibly 'Passing Bird' I can't say any of the other songs you named would make it onto my "Top 50 Katatonia Songs" list (and thats even completetely disregarding their DODS/BMD era). For a Jonas solo album, I would rather see him take either a more lighter (perhaps even acoustic/piano) path along the lines of 'Idle Blood' and 'A Darkness Coming' or else material along the lines of 'Unfurl', 'Sold Heart', 'Departer' and 'Inheritance'. But that's just me. For the new Katatonia album, I definitely want more brooding/distorted guitars.
Within Temptation, Flaw, Tool, Lacuna Coil, The Panic Division, Breaking Benjamin, Katatonia, Red, Evans Blue, A Perfect Circle, Lunatica, Metallica, Evanescence, Silverchair ('94-'01), Bush, Autumn, Stone Temple Pilots, Fair To Midland, Leaves' Eyes, Novus Dae, Cyrenic, Goo Goo Dolls, Type O Negative, Cold, Staind, Era For A Moment, The Birthday Massacre, Absolution Project, Delain, Atomship, 3 Doors Down, Lifehouse, Creed, Linkin Park, 10 Years, Brave, The Smashing Pumpkins and tons more.

Last edited by FlawedCoil82 : March 31st, 2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old April 1st, 2012, 01:09 AM   #40 (permalink)
Anthony
criminal

Quote:
Very odd that you picked some of their most underwhelming material (at least to me) for choices.
I used to skip these tracks when I was metalhead=))) But since I have become lover of music in general, I changed my point of view. Songs I mentioned are like Katatonia steps on a foreign territory. I listen to artists, that are favorite to Jonas - like Jeff Buckley or Will Oldham(Palace music) and I find myself thinking I'd love to listen to Jonas in non-metal psychodelic flanger-guitar-oriented genre=)

Old April 14th, 2012, 12:04 AM   #41 (permalink)
Anthony
criminal

Hm. Niklas Sundin said that new album is the mix of TGCD and NITND. Checkout video on Katatonia's Failbook.

Old May 10th, 2012, 01:25 PM   #42 (permalink)
Lisra
starlight spectre

Jonas talks a bit

Excitement!
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:41 AM   #43 (permalink)
Anthony
criminal

Quote:
These days record labels are on a tighter budget because albums aren’t selling as well as they did in the past.
Yeah, and Roadrunner closure... Soon everything will change.

Old May 14th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #44 (permalink)
the mourner13
bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisra View Post
Jonas talks a bit

Excitement!
Cannot wait for the streaming song!!!
I cut my lungs out, I need a fix,
You're my puzzle and my pieces fit
Cos everything and everyone is old.
Old May 15th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #45 (permalink)
Cis

I love the bit of artwork/ colours they have revealed so far. Matches almost perfectly with what I had in mind. I have the feeling this will be exactely the album I was hoping for
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #46 (permalink)
scentofdeath
DAC

THE GATHERING Singer To Guest On New KATATONIA Album

Norwegian singer Silje Wergeland, who has been fronting Dutch rockers THE GATHERING since early 2009, has recorded a duet with KATATONIA's Jonas Renske for the Swedish dark rockers' new album, tentatively due in September via Peaceville Records. KATATONIA describes the collaboration as "a beautiful fit in every way."

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/...sitemID=174092
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:09 PM   #47 (permalink)
Anthony3
I Am Nothing

I was really hoping for Anneke but Silje has a nice voice too.
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:45 PM   #48 (permalink)
FlawedCoil82

I will admit, I have never understood the love for Anneke that so many people give. I think so many other female vocalists out there blow her out of the water. =o/ She didn't do much for me when she was in The Gathering and even less when she went solo. I don't know....

I am very excited to hear about Silje doing guest vocals with Jonas on the new album. While I did like her better in the band Octavia Sperati, I also thought she helped improve The Gathering when she came onboard. My top choice for a female vocalist with Jonas would still have been Marjan Welman from Autumn, but I still can't wait to hear both of their voices together!
Within Temptation, Flaw, Tool, Lacuna Coil, The Panic Division, Breaking Benjamin, Katatonia, Red, Evans Blue, A Perfect Circle, Lunatica, Metallica, Evanescence, Silverchair ('94-'01), Bush, Autumn, Stone Temple Pilots, Fair To Midland, Leaves' Eyes, Novus Dae, Cyrenic, Goo Goo Dolls, Type O Negative, Cold, Staind, Era For A Moment, The Birthday Massacre, Absolution Project, Delain, Atomship, 3 Doors Down, Lifehouse, Creed, Linkin Park, 10 Years, Brave, The Smashing Pumpkins and tons more.
Old May 17th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #49 (permalink)
Anthony
criminal

Female vox in Katatonia... i dislike the idea itself... but let's see what it gonna sound like=)))

What about Anneke, she is cute and siniging good, but I'm personally a fan of The Gathering music rather then fan of Anneke. Her voice fits great the music on "How To Measure A Planet?" for example=)

Old May 17th, 2012, 02:51 AM   #50 (permalink)
Lisra
starlight spectre

I'd have preferred Anneke too, but what the hell. Wait and see.