Katatonia  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Katatonia
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 13th, 2003, 10:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
PellePigg

Angry Tiredness??!!

I just heard from Rockefeller Music Hall in Oslo that you (Katatonia) had cancelled the concert at John Dee 16.05 because you were tired from the tour. Can this seriously be the reason for the cancellation??!! If so, I think you guys have missed out on a few things about rock. There shouldn't be any contradiction between rock and tiredness whatsoever! There are a lot of tired rockers out there still going strong. If there is another reason for your cancellation, you owe a better explanation to the norwegian fans that have already bouhgt a ticket. Anyway, this is really suspicious considering you haven't cancelled any of the gigs in Sweden 15.05 and 17.05. Shame on Katatonia!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 13th, 2003, 11:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rainy Filth
Brave Murder Day

hey..take it easy man....
So new to your bedroom floor
You know damn well where you'll go
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 13th, 2003, 11:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
*Gothica*
In the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by PellePigg
I just heard from Rockefeller Music Hall in Oslo that you (Katatonia) had cancelled the concert at John Dee 16.05 because you were tired from the tour. Can this seriously be the reason for the cancellation??!! If so, I think you guys have missed out on a few things about rock. There shouldn't be any contradiction between rock and tiredness whatsoever! There are a lot of tired rockers out there still going strong. If there is another reason for your cancellation, you owe a better explanation to the norwegian fans that have already bouhgt a ticket. Anyway, this is really suspicious considering you haven't cancelled any of the gigs in Sweden 15.05 and 17.05. Shame on Katatonia!!

Have it ever crossed your mind that even rockers can feel sick and tired some time??

Are you never home from work or school when you are sick?
Old May 13th, 2003, 11:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
rahvin
keeper of the flame

Quote:
There shouldn't be any contradiction between rock and tiredness whatsoever!

Quote:
There are a lot of tired rockers out there still going strong.
hi. i'm a tired rocker.

Quote:
Anyway, this is really suspicious considering you haven't cancelled any of the gigs in Sweden 15.05 and 17.05.
when you're tired, you rest. then you're not as tired as before. that's more or less how it goes in the real world.

Quote:
Shame on Katatonia!!
uh, fanboy.

rahvin.

~Your biggest problem is I don't know what your biggest problem is.~
House
Old May 13th, 2003, 12:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
khayman
sand in my veins

Old May 13th, 2003, 12:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
duga

I thought the gig in Sweden 17/5 was cancelled too?
Old May 13th, 2003, 01:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
BarronBlod

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga
I thought the gig in Sweden 17/5 was cancelled too?
really? where did you get that info?
Old May 13th, 2003, 01:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
duga

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarronBlod
really? where did you get that info?
A rumour on this forum...
Old May 13th, 2003, 02:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
TheFourthHorseman
In The Twilight World

Pelle does have a point...if you think you can't do that many shows,you book less. I mean,it's shitty to disappoint fans later on by saying that they're tired. Then again,they're just humans too. Shit happens.
He's paid for the ticket so I think that he's entitled to complain too...
Old May 13th, 2003, 03:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
John Carvajal
KATATONIANATHEMA

Tired ??

hasn't the katatonic band see the Maiden Live Booklets??, almost a complete year touring, almost all days, that's how a band becomes big

or can be another reason, who knows?,
shame for the ones that have that cancellations , maybe next time
Old May 13th, 2003, 04:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Erik
Banned

Blame the people who did a cruddy job in planning the tour if you want someone to blame. They've probably scheduled too few days of rest.
Old May 13th, 2003, 04:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
PellePigg

Red face True?

If it's true that the gigs in Sweden are cancelled as well, and the cancellations are due to illness or some other proper reason, it's acceptable and understandable. But then again, the band should let the fans know! I think we are entitled to protest when being told that the gig has been cancelled because the bandmembers are tired. It's like calling your boss telling him/her you can't come to work because you are tired. It's fucking provocative to hear such a ridiculous excuse when you have bought a ticket and are looking forward to the show. Of course touring can be tiring, but you just don't cancel a gig for such a silly reason. They can rest when the tour is over. Anyhow, no matter what the reason for the cancellation might be, Katatonia should make it up to us by visiting Oslo in the near future.....
Old May 14th, 2003, 02:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
EvilGenius
you like my new avatar?

Hey, if they don't rest, all it takes is one tour to destroy the band. On Faith No MOre's 'the Real Thing' tour (tour solid years supposedly), the band REALLY got to [hate] eachother. Sure it took awhile, but they DID eventually break up and that was a TERRIBLE thing. Am I really blaming their breakup on that tour? No, I guess I'm not, but it's possible I suppose. There really was some really huge hard feelings between some of the members. They booted their guitarist (Jim Martin) from the band right in the middle of a concert!!
Old May 14th, 2003, 04:08 AM   #14 (permalink)
the-lull
discouraged one

I just think the guy who told you that the show was cancelled because of tiredness told you bullshit...I don't think Katatonia would spit on making this gig just because they're tired...Moreover,they probably lose money by cancelling this gig, so this excuse sounds odd to me. I'll wait for an official statement by katatonia guys...

http://www.thelull.fr.fm
Old May 14th, 2003, 08:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
LuminousAether
My name is Distance

I think it was a great thing that Faith No More broke up. Mike Patton's work with Tomahawk and Fantomas is much better than Faith No More's last album. I liked Mr Bungle more than Faith No More anyways...
Old May 14th, 2003, 11:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
EvilGenius
you like my new avatar?

Fantomas better than Faith No More? Holy shit, now this is a prime example of a difference in opinion. I liked their (FNM) last album a lot, but I think Mr. Bungle, California, was better than it.
Old May 15th, 2003, 12:58 AM   #17 (permalink)
OracleDeist
LORD IAN

Quote:
Shut the hell up katatonia has only been to the states once they are always in europe besides they have the right to do what ever the hell they want. Did you buy tickets for that show if so thats good for you at least have the chance to see them again.
Old May 15th, 2003, 01:18 AM   #18 (permalink)
EvilGenius
you like my new avatar?

No, I have to disagree with you, oracledeist. Assuming he has his facts straight (I don't believe it personally, but let us assume), then he has every right to bitch. He purchased a ticket to see a show. Then there is no show. He has absolutely every right to bitch UNTIL he gets his money back.

Even still, it's a let down. However, the wrong word is being used here. IT shouldn't be "tiredness", but fatigue, and if it is the case that Katatonia are fatigued, then not only should they not play, but chances are good that they are incapable of playing. Being tired and being fatigued are two very different things.
Old May 15th, 2003, 12:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
ether
°°§°°

I saw the guys in Hamburg and they looked really exhausted...moreover they were all sick, it's understandable they wanted to finish the tour as soon as possible. However they did their best and the gig in hamburg, even if a little bit shorter, was still good!

"En fågel sjunger inte för att den har några frågor eller svar, en fågel sjunger för att den har en sång.”
Old May 19th, 2003, 07:42 AM   #20 (permalink)
DE
vote bnp

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius
No, I have to disagree with you, oracledeist. Assuming he has his facts straight (I don't believe it personally, but let us assume), then he has every right to bitch. He purchased a ticket to see a show. Then there is no show. He has absolutely every right to bitch UNTIL he gets his money back.

Even still, it's a let down. However, the wrong word is being used here. IT shouldn't be "tiredness", but fatigue, and if it is the case that Katatonia are fatigued, then not only should they not play, but chances are good that they are incapable of playing. Being tired and being fatigued are two very different things.

you have to ask yourself, would you rather wait, and see a different show, or go to a show that wasn't as good as it could have been because the band were too tired to play properly? I'd rather wait...
Old May 19th, 2003, 02:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
EvilGenius
you like my new avatar?

I wouldn't be able to wait. All of the members of the band could be dying of leprosy and barely incapable of standing, let alone play music, and I'd still cream my pants if I saw them live. Of course, the chances of Katatonia coming to western Canada is very little, so I'd see them no matter what state of mind they were in if they were to make it here.
Old May 20th, 2003, 06:17 AM   #22 (permalink)
Spoon
follow the spoon

Will the show be reschedualed?
Old May 20th, 2003, 10:23 AM   #23 (permalink)
BarronBlod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon
Will the show be reschedualed?
My guess is NO, but who knows. Still waiting for a statement from the band. The katatonia.com webmaster is home from the tour with his band now, so I hope some more news/updates will be up soon...
Old May 20th, 2003, 05:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
SWeeT_NuRSe

On one hand...This way, if they rest, Katatonia won't die and will live another gigging-in-England day...one the other hand, you sleep when you are dead.