Katatonia  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Katatonia
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 14th, 2003, 06:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
threak

Is TONIGHTS DECISION Any Good??

I found this in a second hand store,in good condition for £5,and was thinking of getting it.

I just wanted to know if its any good.And what you think is their best album in your opinion.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 14th, 2003, 08:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rainy Filth
Brave Murder Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by threak
I found this in a second hand store,in good condition for £5,and was thinking of getting it.

I just wanted to know if its any good.And what you think is their best album in your opinion.
it's my favourite album of late katatonia.
although I like Brave Murder Day the most
So new to your bedroom floor
You know damn well where you'll go
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 14th, 2003, 08:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
LuminousAether
My name is Distance

It's not as good as Discouraged Ones, but it's better than Last Fair Deal Gone Down and Viva Emptiness.
Old May 14th, 2003, 10:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
deimne
stalker in training

Quote:

Yes, yes it is.
Old May 14th, 2003, 02:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
EvilGenius
you like my new avatar?

IF you like DO, get it. If like LFDGD, get it. If you like VE, get it. If you don't like any of the above, but prefer the older stuff like BMD, then get it anyway. It rules. If you don't get it, and hear it later from somewhere else, you'll likely feel like shooting yourself
Old May 14th, 2003, 02:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
yv
wears vegetables

get it, just get it
Old May 14th, 2003, 02:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Moonshield
Revenant

Hehe, let's face it - how many people on here are going to say "no don't get it!!!"? But yes, it's worth £5 just for Black Session.
Old May 14th, 2003, 07:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Incendiare
hejdundrande skitsnack

Of course it is! All of the songs on there are great, and I also like their cover of Nightmares by the Sea.

Old May 14th, 2003, 09:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Demonspell
cheating the polygraph

The album is complete shit. Katatonia lost it after Discouraged Ones, and don't get me started on that sellout album VE...sarcasm off...buy this album or renounce all claims to Katatonia fandom. It's damned near perfect.
"There is a concern that the Internet could be used to commit crimes and that advanced encryption could disguise such activity. However, we do not provide the government with phone jacks outside our homes for unlimited wiretaps. Why, then, should we grant government the Orwellian capability to listen at will and in real time to our communications across the Web?""
-- JOHN ASHCROFT, as a U.S. senator, from his Aug. 12, 1997 op-ed piece in the Washington Times, "Welcoming Big Brother."
Old May 14th, 2003, 11:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Alcapoth
S t a r E

Ah, yes...Nightmares by the Sea is just awesome. Even made me download the original version, which is brilliant as well....

Man, I can't wait to get Tonight's Decision....there's this one other awesome song I heard from it, forget the title...hmm...something with "Demon?"
Old May 15th, 2003, 04:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
threak

Cool,thanks guys.Im excited now!

I didn't get it yesterday anyway,cos i ran out of cash before i got to the shop.But its a shitty scutty little store that no one knows about,so it ain't going anywhere.Im gonna pick it up at the end of the week when i get paid.
Old May 15th, 2003, 06:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
Schism
Evacuate, Assemble here..

I bought it recently, and although it is very good, it will never touch LFDGD and Viva, certain songs almost get there but I am definitely a pimp for the most recent two albums!

Old May 15th, 2003, 07:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
ben4g

Do not hesitate. You´ll not regret the purchase, outright.
Old May 17th, 2003, 07:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
threak

Well,i was just checking the Peaceville website.And now i see that its released on Digipack on Monday.

So im gonna pay the extra three pounds and get it then.
Old May 17th, 2003, 08:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
LilFag
Banned

Yes! Buy it! For My Demons, I Am Nothing, Right Into The Bliss and A Darkness Coming are all terrific!
Old May 18th, 2003, 08:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
bleedingfilth
Lost Pet Needs Home

Tonight's Decision is my favorite out of all of Katatonia's works. A masterpiece I must say.

Women in metal Msg Board:
http://pub56.ezboard.com/bwomenintheworldofmetal

My Women in metal site:
www.geocities.com/countess_bleeding_filth
Old May 19th, 2003, 02:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
SoSorry(ForYou)

tonightsdecision

Quote:

surely u should buy tonights decision whether u can get it for half price or twice the price. its a beautiful record.
Old May 19th, 2003, 03:08 AM   #18 (permalink)
Incendiare
hejdundrande skitsnack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcapoth
Ah, yes...Nightmares by the Sea is just awesome. Even made me download the original version, which is brilliant as well....

Man, I can't wait to get Tonight's Decision....there's this one other awesome song I heard from it, forget the title...hmm...something with "Demon?"
Yeah, For My Demons. It's the opening song.

I actually like Katatonia's cover way better than the original. Good job, boys.