Kayo Dot  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Kayo Dot
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:32 PM   #101 (permalink)
xfer
I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/st...toryid=1561944

Prickly feeling makes sense
By ANIL DAWARin London

July 2, 2004

IF you have ever felt that someone is watching you, sending prickles up your neck, it might not have been just your imagination.

Scientists have found evidence to suggest we do have a sixth sense and can tell when we are being watched, even through CCTV.

This shows humans could have paranormal powers, say researchers at Germany's Freiberg University.

Dr Stefan Schmidt and his team carried out two experiments a thousand times and believe they have finally proved the reality of the sixth sense.

The first, called "remote staring", consisted of a volunteer in a sealed room watching a second volunteer in another room via CCTV.

The second volunteer was hooked up to electrodes which recorded the "prickle" or electrical activity of the skin. This was compared when the volunteer was or was not being watched.

In the second experiment, called "direct mental interaction", the first volunteer concentrated on making the second feel uncomfortable or relaxed from within the sealed cell.

The German team used a complex statistical scale to grade the studies according to reliability and paranormal effect recorded.

In other experiments, the starer tried to make the other feel either uncomfortable or relaxed. Again, the electronic monitor proved repeatedly that it could be done.

In the British Journal of Psychology, Dr Schmidt noted that the data was ambiguous but found that "for both data sets there is a small but significant effect".

While the findings will please believers in the paranormal, they are not enough to convince the sceptics.

Psychology professor Richard Wiseman, of Hertfordshire University, said: "The number of times you turn around and find someone not looking at you far outnumber the times when you do but you only remember the times you turned round to see someone looking."

Back in the 1960s Czech psychologist Milan Ryzl did a series of experiments with two supposedly telepathic people who were many kilometres apart.

The "sender" was asked to try to make the "receiver" feel uncomfortable by imagining that he had been buried alive, and succeeded in inducing a crippling attack of asthma.

Mr Ryzl was inspired by a colleague, Stepan Figar, who had proved that when one person concentrates on another, it can actually cause a measurable rise in blood pressure.
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:32 PM   #102 (permalink)
Firedwarf
sock puppet

THEY'RE LETTING SOME OTHER GUY GUY TOUCH IT
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:33 PM   #103 (permalink)
xfer
I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS

what the fuck is he doing? did mia ask him for a sample, and he complied?
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:33 PM   #104 (permalink)
lizard

Location: Hotel Hitler ~ Where We Have Ways of Making You Enjoy Your Stay
he just stepped away!
pounce, with jaws agape!
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:34 PM   #105 (permalink)
lizard

shit he's back. moron.
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:35 PM   #106 (permalink)
xfer
I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS

GO! POUNCE! DISTRACTION!
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:36 PM   #107 (permalink)
Firedwarf
sock puppet

Where are they ??
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:37 PM   #108 (permalink)
xfer
I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS

hi i'm watching the corpseflower and picking my butt

Old July 6th, 2004, 02:37 PM   #109 (permalink)
lizard

man I must be a loser of the first order because this is the most suspense I've had in...months!
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:38 PM   #110 (permalink)
chupe666
You may enter up to 25 ch

i know what you mean lizard
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:39 PM   #111 (permalink)
lizard

haha
hey I think they must have left
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:40 PM   #112 (permalink)
xfer
I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS

maybe they nabbed a piece while we were refreshing, and then left?

i'll call Mia's cellphone after i get this work stuff done.
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:43 PM   #113 (permalink)
xfer
I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS

I just went to the bathroom, and then ran back down the long hallway here past a series of open offices, pulling a Mr. Rooney.
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:43 PM   #114 (permalink)
Nut Butter
QTΠ

Is it just me or has the flower opened up a bit since this morning?
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:44 PM   #115 (permalink)
deadair
Overly-Cryptic Jake

...this is the greatest thread ever...

i hoppe they did it.
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:45 PM   #116 (permalink)
Baliset
guitar deity

i thought i saw mia's face peeking out from behind the plant but i could have been mistaken. but then i refreshed it and the face was gone!
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:46 PM   #117 (permalink)
xfer
I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS

maybe they went to grab a snack and come back when it was less crowded.
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:47 PM   #118 (permalink)
xfer
I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS

butt nutter--totally! i was thinking that myself but wondering if it was wishful thinking.
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:50 PM   #119 (permalink)
Firedwarf
sock puppet

I think it's definitely opened up a bit since this morning. The growth page thing says today might finally be the day it blooms.

Also how much trouble can you get in for pulling the fire alarm?
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:52 PM   #120 (permalink)
xfer
I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS

OK i just talked to toby! he said that since it started to bloom, they adopted extended hours and they're going to come back at midnight! right now, there are TWO guards and a BARRIER (including Baldie aka PAUL NEILL who is a total dick!).

also the NY Times took their picture and names and they should be in it tomorrow!
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:53 PM   #121 (permalink)
NAD
Beardless Mystic

RSBG GONE!!! He probably just stepped 3 feet away out of the camera's view though, he can't get enough.
Old July 6th, 2004, 02:54 PM   #122 (permalink)
Firedwarf
sock puppet

They should totally pull the fire alarm at midnight.
Old July 6th, 2004, 03:00 PM   #123 (permalink)
Nut Butter
QTΠ

Wow! This is like a real live "To be continued..."!!
Old July 6th, 2004, 03:03 PM   #124 (permalink)
Nut Butter
QTΠ

btw HATE Paul Neill. That's such an asshole name!
Old July 6th, 2004, 03:27 PM   #125 (permalink)
minxnim
meow

so why don't they just eat part of a purple velvet plant? i have one at my house. the flowers smell stronger than the corpse flower...