Kayo Dot  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Kayo Dot
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 5th, 2004, 10:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
FuSoYa
Lunarian

Mia and I are going to see the uconn CORPSE FLOWER tomorrow (tuesday)

The burning question: Will Mia EAT a piece of the corpse flower??? This thread to be updated with the answer VERY SHORTLY!

http://www.news.uconn.edu/2004/jun2004/rel04065.htm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 5th, 2004, 10:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
coelacanth_M
human plant/container

you know, i was actually discussing on another messageboard whether they would get mad at me for taking a tiny slice and eating. :-/

problem is, i would probably get caught red-handed on the webcam. toby, maybe you can stand in front of the camera while i eat?
this is my plan for world domination: i am unscrewing the world. everywhere i go, i carry a screwdriver around with me. then I unscrew anything I can - bathrooms, tables at restaurants, people's bookshelves, trains.

once i unscrewed an entire mcDonalds table in tokyo. one day, the world will go CRAASHH! from all the lack of screws and then i'll be queen of the universe.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 5th, 2004, 10:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
coelacanth_M
human plant/container

also, we should determine if the corpse flower is poisonous first, huh?
this is my plan for world domination: i am unscrewing the world. everywhere i go, i carry a screwdriver around with me. then I unscrew anything I can - bathrooms, tables at restaurants, people's bookshelves, trains.

once i unscrewed an entire mcDonalds table in tokyo. one day, the world will go CRAASHH! from all the lack of screws and then i'll be queen of the universe.
Old July 5th, 2004, 10:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
FuSoYa
Lunarian

omg are you going to force me to try a piece of the corpse flower??
i bet the answer = yes
Old July 5th, 2004, 10:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
coelacanth_M
human plant/container

i hope it's not poisonous because this is a super rare opportunity!

Old July 5th, 2004, 10:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
coelacanth_M
human plant/container

no, you don't have to eat.
just block, okay? <3

Old July 5th, 2004, 10:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
FuSoYa
Lunarian

i can totally block the webcam, but I bet they have guards.
Old July 5th, 2004, 10:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
coelacanth_M
human plant/container

oh come on. there's no such thing as a corpse flower guard!

or i guess... maybe. there was that one tree serial killer who poisoned this giant ancient oak tree once and made everyone cry. i guess someone could have similar plans fo rthe corpse flower.

Old July 5th, 2004, 10:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Firedwarf
sock puppet

There's usually a skinny bald guy with glasses and a nametag standing near the flower when I check the webcam, so.. look out for him. Hopefully the thing will bloom by tomorrow.
Old July 5th, 2004, 10:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
FuSoYa
Lunarian

Skinny and bald doesn't sound very imposing, fortunately. Also, it's a greenhouse so his glasses are probably constantly fogged-up and he can't see.
Speaking of fogged up glasses, I bet he has an unhealthy obsession with the corpse fllower, i.e. when no one's looking he puts his hand over the webcam and strokes the giant 6 foot shlonglike stamen repeatedly (glasses fogging up to a greater degree).
Old July 5th, 2004, 10:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
FuSoYa
Lunarian

PS I decided I hate that guy
Old July 6th, 2004, 12:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
xfer
I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS

I'm waiting with bated breath. Seriously.
Old July 6th, 2004, 12:27 AM   #13 (permalink)
coelacanth_M
human plant/container

i guess some people in indonesia actually eat this flower anyway? (but the berries seem to be poisonous)

i found this:

PHILLIPS: So is there anything that we can take from it, you know, like for example, some plants we can get remedies from for sicknesses, or you know, make -- is there anything that comes from this plant that potentially could be interesting?

TRAGER: Well, that -- potentially. There is a lot of research yet to be done. We do know that many members of this family are edible. So there may be a potential food source there.

PHILLIPS: Really?

TRAGER: Yes.

PHILLIPS: Smelling that badly?

TRAGER: The tuber is edible, as well as parts of the flower.

PHILLIPS: Have you ever tasted it?

TRAGER: No.

PHILLIPS: What does it -- do you know what it tastes like? Has anyone described it to you?

TRAGER: Oh, I understand that the spadic (ph) was cooked up with chilies and chicken in parts of Indonesia, but I haven't tried it.

PHILLIPS: Oh, my goodness. And when you cook it, does the smell go away, does it get worse?

TRAGER: It probably goes away. But I don't know, I haven't tried it.

Old July 6th, 2004, 12:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
coelacanth_M
human plant/container

haha, i like how that philips guy is sooo curious about what it tastes like, but the other guy is getting really annoyed: "i don't know. i haven't tried it."

Old July 6th, 2004, 01:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
FalseTodd
Skirt Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuSoYa
Skinny and bald doesn't sound very imposing, fortunately.
then again, neither does 5'5" and 5'1" or whatever
Old July 6th, 2004, 01:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
FuSoYa
Lunarian

oh yeah well neither does operation shirt and red beard so there
Old July 6th, 2004, 06:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
lizard

Location: Hotel Hitler ~ Where We Have Ways of Making You Enjoy Your Stay
how a "i'd like to eat a corpse flower" thread can devolve into a nanny nanny nyahhhhh ...
Old July 6th, 2004, 06:36 AM   #18 (permalink)
mindspell
vvv Jake's ass vvv

You're all pussies...

Except for lizard, he'd scare the ugly out of Randall 'Tex' Cobb..

Old July 6th, 2004, 08:04 AM   #19 (permalink)
xfer
I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS

if Mia suddenly grew six inches, yes, I would find that exceedingly imposing.
Old July 6th, 2004, 08:17 AM   #20 (permalink)
coelacanth_M
human plant/container

http://titanarum.uconn.edu/

!!!

notice that:

1. the corpse flower hasn't bloomed yet
2. the skinny, bald, bespectacled corpse flower guard is standing there do you think maybe he gets corpse flower lunch break?

Old July 6th, 2004, 08:17 AM   #21 (permalink)
coelacanth_M
human plant/container

Old July 6th, 2004, 08:19 AM   #22 (permalink)
lizard

Location: Hotel Hitler ~ Where We Have Ways of Making You Enjoy Your Stay
no fucking way, mindspell...I saw a vintage clip of Tex Cobb when he was a boxer, he got the shit pulverized out of him, blood streaming everywhere, but HE WOULD NOT GO DOWN.

dude is seriously tough, and to quote Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, "I can't fight...I'm totally weak."

plus Cobb was in raising arizona, the BEST movie of all time.
Old July 6th, 2004, 08:20 AM   #23 (permalink)
coelacanth_M
human plant/container

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseTodd
then again, neither does 5'5" and 5'1" or whatever
4'9"

i've got big heels though! also, a pair of scissors.

Old July 6th, 2004, 08:34 AM   #24 (permalink)
mindspell
vvv Jake's ass vvv

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard
no fucking way, mindspell...I saw a vintage clip of Tex Cobb when he was a boxer, he got the shit pulverized out of him, blood streaming everywhere, but HE WOULD NOT GO DOWN.

dude is seriously tough, and to quote Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, "I can't fight...I'm totally weak."

plus Cobb was in raising arizona, the BEST movie of all time.
I didn't say you'd kick his ass, I said you'd scare the ugly out of him. Cobb got his ass handed to him by Larry Holmes but he never quit, the man could take a punch.
Old July 6th, 2004, 09:08 AM   #25 (permalink)
Baliset
guitar deity

i would like to point out that i reported the "corpse flower" on this messageboard a good week and a half ago.