Kiuas  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Kiuas
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 22nd, 2005, 02:37 AM   #51 (permalink)
The Bringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by truthwithinlies
Woah, got to run, posting from the workplace and the boss is coming.....YIKES!!!
Sign of a true fan!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old December 22nd, 2005, 06:36 PM   #52 (permalink)
truthwithinlies
martyr

Thanks for your comment Bringer, you just made my day!!

Stupid open-plan office area at work means that computer screens are easy to see. Stupid middle-manager surplus means that we have only 7 workers but 4 bosses, so I've got to evade the boss patrols.....

At least the Christmas holidays start tomorrow, I only wish that I was over there for the Kiuas New Years gig.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old December 23rd, 2005, 11:53 AM   #53 (permalink)
.gravity

sounds like Office Space
Old December 27th, 2005, 12:03 AM   #54 (permalink)
Gimpy
Rummut!

Question For Markku:

Markku, I sent a letter to your house when I bought that T-Shirt, but you didn't write back. So The only question i ask is why don't you post your email on this public forum, so I may contact you via email? (Or you can give it to me through the Personal Message System)

Mkko, same as above basically, minus the letter to your house part.
Old December 27th, 2005, 05:30 AM   #55 (permalink)
Markku
Band Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpy
Question For Markku:
May I contact you via email?
Ofcourse. Mail here: markku@kiuas.net

Cheers
Markku
Old December 27th, 2005, 01:45 PM   #56 (permalink)
Mikko Ilmarinen
Son of Ukko

And my address is, surprisingly...mikko@kiuas.net
Old January 1st, 2006, 11:03 AM   #57 (permalink)
opacity
Jupi Tu

Quote:
Originally Posted by madu
I really loved how you used some Finnish in your songs, just like Ensiferum's Lai Lai Hei! is a definite favorite. You gonna mix up some languages in the upcoming album too? I like it when bands do that (I think ...And Oceans has Finnish, English *and* Swedish in some song ).
definitely awsome! these parts in the mother tongue add a certain extra spice to the already kickass-album! The Spirit of Ukko belongs to my top list of 2005-releases
Old January 4th, 2006, 01:54 PM   #58 (permalink)
Aikamanki

Is there any chance that Kius would come to Ilosaarirock 2006? Hope so!
Old January 5th, 2006, 05:42 PM   #59 (permalink)
TheWhaleShark
Metalhead

Thanks to the guy who posted that translation of the part from "Across the Snows;" I can't even speak Finnish but I get that part stuck in my head every friggin' time I hear it.

A question: On the Born Under the Northen Lights EP, you guys have a version of "Across the Snows" with some really killer harmonic vocals on the chorus. Do you plan on using any vocals like that with greater frequency? I love the growly, gravely vocals, but that harmonic sound is just awesome.
Old January 5th, 2006, 09:39 PM   #60 (permalink)
Gimpy
Rummut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ilmarinen
And my address is, surprisingly...mikko@kiuas.net
Schweet
Old January 6th, 2006, 02:22 PM   #61 (permalink)
Mikko Ilmarinen
Son of Ukko

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhaleShark
Thanks to the guy who posted that translation of the part from "Across the Snows;" I can't even speak Finnish but I get that part stuck in my head every friggin' time I hear it.

A question: On the Born Under the Northen Lights EP, you guys have a version of "Across the Snows" with some really killer harmonic vocals on the chorus. Do you plan on using any vocals like that with greater frequency? I love the growly, gravely vocals, but that harmonic sound is just awesome.
Guess how many vocal tracks there are on the chorus of that version?
EIGHT!
But we wanted the lead melody to be more independent and to be able to "stand alone", so we recorded just a couple of tracks on the album version. But don't worry, we'll do the choir-type of stuff later in the future. (Let's see on the next album...)
Old January 6th, 2006, 07:18 PM   #62 (permalink)
Adam Fiske

Kiuas with Blind Guardian-esque chior choruses would be out of this world.
Old January 8th, 2006, 09:41 AM   #63 (permalink)
Mikko Ilmarinen
Son of Ukko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Fiske
Kiuas with Blind Guardian-esque chior choruses would be out of this world.
Coming soon!!!
Old January 9th, 2006, 04:42 PM   #64 (permalink)
Eradicus

Hey, love Spirit of Ukko and I'm definitely looking forward to your next offering. You guys are one of the most unique bands I've ever heard. Just a quick question for you:

I'm interested in learning some of your songs, but I can't find any tabs. Do you guys have any plans to offer tabs on your homepage, or know of anywhere else I could find tabs of your stuff? I've worked out bits and pieces of some of your stuff, but there are parts I just can not figure out. Thanks in advance.
Old January 9th, 2006, 05:53 PM   #65 (permalink)
Mikko Ilmarinen
Son of Ukko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eradicus
Hey, love Spirit of Ukko and I'm definitely looking forward to your next offering. You guys are one of the most unique bands I've ever heard. Just a quick question for you:

I'm interested in learning some of your songs, but I can't find any tabs. Do you guys have any plans to offer tabs on your homepage, or know of anywhere else I could find tabs of your stuff? I've worked out bits and pieces of some of your stuff, but there are parts I just can not figure out. Thanks in advance.
Thanks a lot!!
There's an ongoing tabulature competition, which started a while ago,...we should finally decide a deadline for it pretty soon, there's information on our site in the "news"-section. When it's over, we'll give out something to the best transcriber(s), and post some of the best tabs on the site. I'll also try to do a song or two myself, when I have time. (Okay, I'm also a bit lazy!)
Old January 10th, 2006, 05:49 AM   #66 (permalink)
The Bringer

Wow, if you guys did Blind Guardian like chior choruses that would be unbelievably cool. We need more metal bands like you guys.
Old January 10th, 2006, 02:30 PM   #67 (permalink)
TheWhaleShark
Metalhead

Ever thought about making a music video or a radio single or something?
Old January 10th, 2006, 04:47 PM   #68 (permalink)
Eradicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ilmarinen
Thanks a lot!!
There's an ongoing tabulature competition, which started a while ago,...we should finally decide a deadline for it pretty soon, there's information on our site in the "news"-section. When it's over, we'll give out something to the best transcriber(s), and post some of the best tabs on the site. I'll also try to do a song or two myself, when I have time. (Okay, I'm also a bit lazy!)
Hey, thanks for the quick response. Sounds awesome, can't wait!
Old January 11th, 2006, 08:10 PM   #69 (permalink)
truthwithinlies
martyr

So I guess that Australia is too far away for Kiuas to come to us, so maybe I will have to go to you guys instead. I am planning a trip to Europe later this year, any chance you guys would know what you are doing at that time - around August??
Old January 13th, 2006, 12:39 AM   #70 (permalink)
Adam Fiske

I noticed on the inside of the Spirit of Ukko booklet it says that you (Mikko) write all the music. Do you write all the instruments' parts, or does the rest of the band come up with their respective sections or what?

Another quick idea: you guys should put up more desktop backgrounds on your website, namely stuff like album covers. I went to ToxicAngel's site and had the Discipline of Steel EP picture as my desktop for a bit, but it's just too small and not desktop shaped, if you catch my drift. You should do something about that because all your album/EP covers are awesome.
Old January 14th, 2006, 03:11 PM   #71 (permalink)
Julmis

I found out that Ilja and Markku has been in Iconofear. What about everyone else, do you play or have you played in any other bands?

Last edited by Julmis : January 14th, 2006 at 03:17 PM.
Old January 18th, 2006, 06:42 AM   #72 (permalink)
Mikko Ilmarinen
Son of Ukko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julmis
I found out that Ilja and Markku has been in Iconofear. What about everyone else, do you play or have you played in any other bands?
Hahaa! I've also played in Iconofear for ONE gig, and Teemu has played in it as well a LOOONG time ago.
Besides that, I've been involved in some different band projects, not worth mentioning. Nowadays I and Atte also do some party/cover gigs as well sometimes, whenever we have time for that (depending on the event, of course).
But right now, Kiuas is the number one focus in my life and believe me; writing, arranging and practicing the material on the upcoming album has consumed enough time.
Old January 18th, 2006, 07:09 AM   #73 (permalink)
Mikko Ilmarinen
Son of Ukko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Fiske
I noticed on the inside of the Spirit of Ukko booklet it says that you (Mikko) write all the music. Do you write all the instruments' parts, or does the rest of the band come up with their respective sections or what?

Another quick idea: you guys should put up more desktop backgrounds on your website, namely stuff like album covers. I went to ToxicAngel's site and had the Discipline of Steel EP picture as my desktop for a bit, but it's just too small and not desktop shaped, if you catch my drift. You should do something about that because all your album/EP covers are awesome.
Well, mostly I've tried to write and arrange the music as far as possible, and bring the finished product to the rehearse flat. I've written the new songs totally on the computer, all instruments, and then sent files to the other guys. As for the vocals, I write the lyrics with the basic melodies in mind, then we go through them with Ilja, and change and improve them if we have to. That goes basically for the other instruments as well; if there's a part that doesn't sound good live or isn't playable at all, it's changed. Also, after we've played a song a few times, the we might start adding little details here and there by improvising. On some rare occasions, we've done more dramatic changes like the structure of the song and so forth.

About the desktop backgrounds etc., Atte is responsible. We'll see...
Old January 26th, 2006, 10:11 AM   #74 (permalink)
Sergh'ng'gh

Umh, this might be a bit too early now, but I was wondering if you guys have thought about making a live-DVD or something? At some point of your career, I mean. Now that would be...well, a great purchase to look forward to!
Old February 8th, 2006, 07:48 PM   #75 (permalink)
truthwithinlies
martyr

Hey Kiuas, any chance you guys can get on the bill for Wacken 2006? That would be awesome, give so many people the chance to hear you guys play.