Kiuas  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Kiuas
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 24th, 2006, 05:09 AM   #76 (permalink)
opacity
Jupi Tu

any realistic chance to see Kiuas at one of the pre- or after-tuska gigs?
Old April 24th, 2006, 07:49 AM   #77 (permalink)
Zombie_Kiuas
Brave Sir Robin

Tuska afterparty

We've been on contact with the organizers of Tuska and currently the situation is that we're among the top 40+ bands that want to play in the afterparties. We really hope to play at Tavastia or the other venues but it's too early to tell yet. Keep tuned and we will inform of this.

And by the way, we are still busy with all the other issues conserning the forthcoming album (cover art, promo pictures etc.) so we have been a bit lazy on informing you guys of all the happenings, sorry about that.

Also, we will launch a new website-design when the new album releases so that has also contributed to Atte's efforts on updating the website (in other words, he's not lazy, he's preoccupied ).
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 7th, 2006, 04:40 PM   #78 (permalink)
Mikko Ilmarinen
Son of Ukko

Tuska afterparty

Quote:
Originally Posted by opacity
any realistic chance to see Kiuas at one of the pre- or after-tuska gigs?
Ok, it's ALMOST CERTAIN that we will be playing at the afterparty on either friday on saturday, but hold on just a little bit longer,...we'll confirm it soon!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old May 8th, 2006, 06:44 AM   #79 (permalink)
opacity
Jupi Tu

yay, greatness!
Old May 23rd, 2006, 06:11 AM   #80 (permalink)
Rensje

I have two questions, actually..

1. Will you cross the sea at some point and play in other countries of Europe? I mean, I have no means of going to Scandinavia to check you guys out, as much as I would like to, but I am sure Spinefarm is going to put you on a real tour some day, right?

and..

2. When are you guys going to open a real webshop? I'd kill for one of your t-shirts but this way of ordering merchandise does not really appeal to me.

Thank you and keep up the great work! The samples of the new album blew me away and I can't wait until the real thing arrives at my retailer tomorrow! You know, this is the first time ever that I am buying an album on release day.
Old May 24th, 2006, 02:48 PM   #81 (permalink)
gt_master

I sent email already, but I think that's a lot of easier way to ask things when I noticed this I didn't read this thread's all messages and I don't know has someone already asked the question.

So, umm. I'm just asking that where do you get inspirations or ideas to your lyrics? This question has been made mainly for Mikko Ilmarinen

EDIT: And the second question: Who sings your background vocals?

EDIT2: Do you know what time you are going to play in Salo Metal Festivals 22.7? And which stage?

Last edited by gt_master : May 25th, 2006 at 09:01 AM.
Old May 26th, 2006, 04:08 PM   #82 (permalink)
Vitox

A Question for Atte:

I have a KORG TRITON EXTREME, can you tell me what kind of sounds do you use in your performances, and if you have some tips to make some good sound by my self?

Thanks a lot. Now i'm going to listen Reformation...

Last edited by Vitox : May 28th, 2006 at 01:40 PM.
Old May 29th, 2006, 06:50 AM   #83 (permalink)
opacity
Jupi Tu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ilmarinen
Ok, it's ALMOST CERTAIN that we will be playing at the afterparty on either friday on saturday, but hold on just a little bit longer,...we'll confirm it soon!
just read it on the tuska-webiste:

LAUANTAI 1.7.
Gloria, 8e, S/k-18:
Insomnium
Kiuas
Enter My Silence
Omnium Gatherum

Last edited by opacity : May 29th, 2006 at 06:53 AM.
Old May 29th, 2006, 03:11 PM   #84 (permalink)
StoRBa

Quote:
Originally Posted by opacity
just read it on the tuska-webiste:

LAUANTAI 1.7.
Gloria, 8e, S/k-18:
Insomnium
Kiuas
Enter My Silence
Omnium Gatherum

Kiuas and Omnium Gatherum. I'm definitely going!
Old May 31st, 2006, 05:06 AM   #85 (permalink)
Mikko Ilmarinen
Son of Ukko

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_master
I sent email already, but I think that's a lot of easier way to ask things when I noticed this I didn't read this thread's all messages and I don't know has someone already asked the question.

So, umm. I'm just asking that where do you get inspirations or ideas to your lyrics? This question has been made mainly for Mikko Ilmarinen

EDIT: And the second question: Who sings your background vocals?

EDIT2: Do you know what time you are going to play in Salo Metal Festivals 22.7? And which stage?
There's another thread about the lyrics, check that out!

Ilja sings his own backing vox on the records, live the rest of us do it.

No idea about Salo yet...but see you there!
Old June 2nd, 2006, 07:41 PM   #86 (permalink)
TheWhaleShark
Metalhead

The song "Bleeding Strings" on the new album is absolutely stellar, but I couldn't help noticing that it sounds like it's about someone in particular. Is that the case, and if so, who is it?
Old June 3rd, 2006, 12:30 AM   #87 (permalink)
Adam Fiske

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhaleShark
The song "Bleeding Strings" on the new album is absolutely stellar, but I couldn't help noticing that it sounds like it's about someone in particular. Is that the case, and if so, who is it?
I do believe it is about Dimebag Darrel.

And I must say the new album is awesome. Reformation gave me chills when the Discipline of Steel part came in.
Old October 29th, 2006, 01:53 PM   #88 (permalink)
Lodbrokk
Recreated into Day

Just wanted to ask kiuas members...do you have any intentions to come to the Metal Camp 2007 in Tolmin, SLO, or even here in CRo? i really like your music it's very sick...i like it so...
Old December 12th, 2006, 03:38 AM   #89 (permalink)
Arthera
The Brach

Hi...I´m interesting in Ilja Jalkanen vocals, is he singing ALL vocals(clear,trash and growl) on Reformation album? If yeah,what a wonderfull voice, respect!
Old December 16th, 2006, 12:21 AM   #90 (permalink)
Järven Tyttö
Houga Bouga!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodbrokk View Post
Just wanted to ask kiuas members...do you have any intentions to come to the Metal Camp 2007 in Tolmin, SLO, or even here in CRo? i really like your music it's very sick...i like it so...
It would be awesome to see Kiuas in some festivals this summer yeah!
Old December 25th, 2006, 01:08 PM   #91 (permalink)
Mikko Ilmarinen
Son of Ukko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthera View Post
Hi...I´m interesting in Ilja Jalkanen vocals, is he singing ALL vocals(clear,trash and growl) on Reformation album? If yeah,what a wonderfull voice, respect!
Ilja is singing everything except the growl vox on "Black winged goddess", they are sung by Amoral's Niko.
Old December 25th, 2006, 01:11 PM   #92 (permalink)
Mikko Ilmarinen
Son of Ukko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Järven Tyttö View Post
It would be awesome to see Kiuas in some festivals this summer yeah!
We don't know about the summer festivals yet, our booking agency is handling that stuff...we'll let you know!
Old January 22nd, 2007, 11:55 PM   #93 (permalink)
NekoFoo

hello there kiuas, you darn good metal makers. don't stop using all your cool classical guitar things, i love those. some of my favorite songs by you guys are.. across the snows and thorn of the black rose. and the north star cried as well. but just make sure when you popular you don't become gay like HIM did and start to sound like crap. i believe in you kiuas. i love you.
Old February 12th, 2007, 06:34 AM   #94 (permalink)
lord-bungle

hi guys me you twice now since i arrived in tampere if you can sort somwething out are you willing to come play some shows in england.

cheers andy
Old February 12th, 2007, 01:50 PM   #95 (permalink)
Mikko Ilmarinen
Son of Ukko

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord-bungle View Post
hi guys me you twice now since i arrived in tampere if you can sort somwething out are you willing to come play some shows in england.

cheers andy
I mailed you!
Old February 13th, 2007, 12:13 AM   #96 (permalink)
Adam Fiske

Hey Kiuas,
So I was thinking that you guys should try to get on as openers or something for Sonata Arctica's North American tour in the fall. That would be super rad, and they used to be on Spinefarm and you're on Spinefarm so there must be a way right, guys?

P.S. I have no idea about how the touring business works and this is simply a pipe dream, but I thought I'd throw it out there because a Kiuas/Sonata Arctica show would blow the hinges off my walls.
Old February 15th, 2007, 07:25 AM   #97 (permalink)
lord-bungle

iv been wondering since i first saw kiuas what the intro track to there live set is called.is it buy kiuas/ writen for kiuas or what.

cheers
Old February 20th, 2007, 02:25 PM   #98 (permalink)
JMar

Tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord-bungle View Post
iv been wondering since i first saw kiuas what the intro track to there live set is called.is it buy kiuas/ writen for kiuas or what.

cheers
I'm pretty certain that the tune Kiuas introduces itself with is the ol' n might theme from Conan the Barbarian.

I hope this fantastic tradition hasn't been discarded in the future shows (in particular the one in the Rocks)?
Old February 21st, 2007, 01:24 AM   #99 (permalink)
Pede

For some time (about 6 months) they have been playing a theme from one of the Monty Phyton films, can't remember which. Good ol' Anvil of Crom can be found from Conan the Barbarian Soundtrack
Old March 7th, 2007, 07:19 PM   #100 (permalink)
Adam Fiske

I finally got my prize! Thanks for the hat and wristband, Kiuas!