Kiuas  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Kiuas
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 22nd, 2008, 07:32 PM   #151 (permalink)
Adam Fiske

Hey Kiuas et al,

Whatever happened to the studio footage you guys kept on mentioning in the studio diaries? Are you planning some sort of DVD or something, or was this stuff that you just never got around to uploading?

Just wondering,
Adam Fiske
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old December 3rd, 2008, 01:15 PM   #152 (permalink)
Einherjar86
Winter is Coming

Hey guys,

Haven't been around in a while, but a question has actually drawn me back. Can you guys shed any light on the narration at the conclusion of "The Wanderer's Lamentation?" Is it from a book, a movie, or is it Ilja or someone else in the band saying it? Also, I can't tell; is it in Finnish or English? I've just been curious.

Theory: http://borrowingfromthefuture.blogspot.com/

Fiction: http://roadsidepicnictalks.blogspot.com/
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old December 4th, 2008, 03:00 PM   #153 (permalink)
Katie'Force
Kables

So, question: who is your booking agent?

I have a promoter friend who wants you guys back in the UK, so who does she need to get in contact with?

And to any other UK promoters or people who know UK promoters, anyone up for some sort of collaboration to get Kiuas a decent sized tour?

And to any UK fans, who would you REALISTICALLY want to see Kiuas play with in the UK?

(Yes my friend sent me on a 'information and suggestions' gathering mission. Help! Please!!! Fans PM me with answers as I don't want to clog the thread up, many thanks!!!)

t'Lion t'Witch an t'Wardrobe

Shoulders of the wasteland

What's worse than the truth? LIES!!!!

ORANGE!!!
Old December 7th, 2008, 02:57 AM   #154 (permalink)
Markku
Band Member

Booking in UK and Europe
Factory Music Management / Sharon Richardson
sharon @ factorymusic.co.uk
www.myspace.com/factorymusic
+44 (0) 1303 274189
Old December 7th, 2008, 05:23 AM   #155 (permalink)
Katie'Force
Kables

Thank you!!!!

t'Lion t'Witch an t'Wardrobe

Shoulders of the wasteland

What's worse than the truth? LIES!!!!

ORANGE!!!
Old December 19th, 2008, 04:16 PM   #156 (permalink)
Haight

Hey Kiuas, would just like to say, you guys totally rule...definitely one of my favourite bands! You're probably really tired from conqueroring (pun intended) Europe over the past couple months, but if you could answer any of my questions that would be awesome!

- I went to see you guys in Milton Keynes w/ Firewind, and what relaly surprised me was you were MUCH heavier than Firewind , even though (for the most part) they had two guitarists. Is there any particular reason why?

- The New Dark Age is way better than the first two albums (and that's saying something!) and IMO the best Metal album of 2008. What I wonder about it is what influenced you to change from the more 'Power Metal' style of the first two albums to the more serious, heavier style of TNDA? It's seriously one of my fav albums so I'd love to know

- Does Mikko record backing vocals in the studio? I can't tell if it's him of Ilja just layering his voice.

Thanks, and stay metal
Old December 29th, 2008, 10:19 PM   #157 (permalink)
Lucius Fenrir

Great hails to Kiuas and everyone at this forum!

Question: What about a tour here in South America? I know it's kind of hard, but you do have a great fan base arround here. I'm from Brazil, was introduced to your music by a great friend of mine and since then I've started showing it to all of my metal-loving friends.

I just posted this to let you guys know about the great success you guys make arround here, under the Equator! Congratulations for your really amazing music.
Old January 5th, 2009, 03:36 AM   #158 (permalink)
The Clairvoyant86

Yep, here in South America (Iam from Chile) is known for the great reception that we have for metal bands. Mostly Heavy (Iron Maiden show with 40.000 or more people, like in Brazil), Power (Symphony X or Helloween alone they will bring 4.000 people), Thrash (Megadeth in Argentina is incredible... ask Dave himself xD) or inclusive, Prog (Dream Theater audience record in Chile 2005, 20.000 fans in a solo gig).

Maybe we are not good with buying Cds or Merch (dont get me wrong, i have the discography of Kiuas! is a big and rare thing here) but for live acts... we are incredible (and sorry... but is a fact that we are louder!)

Come to South America!!! At this time is imposible to think a headline South American tour of Kiuas, but maybe as a support act... a very special one, with a 1 hour show!... Only of thinking a Blind Guardian w/ Kiuas SA tour.... Amazing! or with any band really.

Last edited by The Clairvoyant86 : January 5th, 2009 at 03:39 AM.
Old January 5th, 2009, 08:07 PM   #159 (permalink)
Adam Fiske

and then a BG/Kiuas tour of North America too wouldn't be so bad at all
Old January 9th, 2009, 03:37 PM   #160 (permalink)
Janga666
Infamous Butcher

I have a quick question. Are the harsh vocals in Kiuas songs done by Ilja or another member of the band? For instance, are the verse parts of "To Excel and Ascend" sung by Ilja?
Old January 21st, 2009, 10:15 AM   #161 (permalink)
Janga666
Infamous Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Fiske View Post
and then a BG/Kiuas tour of North America too wouldn't be so bad at all
ohhh that would be fucking awesome!!!
Old July 29th, 2009, 07:57 PM   #162 (permalink)
Willstorm

Hei guys,
I was wondering what is the origin of the Kiuas' logo ?? this sort of burning stone...
Old July 30th, 2009, 10:48 AM   #163 (permalink)
Einherjar86
Winter is Coming

'Tis the mighty sauna stove!

I'm actually not positive, but I'm guessing that's what it is.

Theory: http://borrowingfromthefuture.blogspot.com/

Fiction: http://roadsidepicnictalks.blogspot.com/
Old July 31st, 2009, 06:44 AM   #164 (permalink)
Willstorm

Okay yes it'es probably that ^^
I thought it was a mythologic item or something like that I didn't think at all it could be the stones in sauna
Old August 13th, 2009, 08:59 AM   #165 (permalink)
Red(Fr)

Hey!

I discovered this great band one week ago and I wanted to tell you first that I'm already fan! :P

So here is my question:

"Would you play in France in a european tour?"

I'm asking myself cause most of my friends like Kiuas too and we were really happy to ear that a live performance could take place in our country :P

Anyway you rocks!

Sincerly,

Red' from France
Old September 3rd, 2009, 04:55 PM   #166 (permalink)
great_kthulu
Greater Evil

hey miko, have you ever considered doing a video lesson for bleeding strings?(amazing song by the way, one of the best dime tributes around
Old September 4th, 2009, 02:57 PM   #167 (permalink)
Adam Fiske

How's the songwriting for the new album coming along? We're all parched from the silence of you guys.
Old September 6th, 2009, 01:42 PM   #168 (permalink)
Zombie_Kiuas
Brave Sir Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Fiske View Post
How's the songwriting for the new album coming along? We're all parched from the silence of you guys.
It's early yet but I think Mikko has about 10ish songs ready that we can start rehearsing and compiling to masterpieces. We will start to record songs within this year and hopefully have the album ready early next year.

There have been a few opportunities that we've had to explore that have taken time and effort. It's all very hushhush but that's one or the reasons (or excuses) we haven't made a big racket or ourselves...
Old October 7th, 2009, 08:40 AM   #169 (permalink)
Janga666
Infamous Butcher

This is a question for Mikko.

I love your acoustic guitar parts and I am wondering what is the name of the style that you use (if there is a name)? I have never heard that style of playing before and I am interested in learning it.

Thanks!
Old October 7th, 2009, 05:15 PM   #170 (permalink)
Mikko Ilmarinen
Son of Ukko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janga666 View Post
This is a question for Mikko.

I love your acoustic guitar parts and I am wondering what is the name of the style that you use (if there is a name)? I have never heard that style of playing before and I am interested in learning it.

Thanks!
Whoa, what a question!

First of all...whenever I play ANY type of guitar (or anyone else for that matter, unless they are VERY confined in their own genre), it's a combination of styles, a blend of a vast amount of influences, with hopefully a little something of my own...although everything has basically been done a million times, so creating something truly new is nearly impossible. Nevertheless, it's exactly the unique blend of influences that makes each player slightly different. Of course, many players can still sound boring.
(including myself!)
...it's how you use and combine these influences that makes for an interesting and personal style.

Anyway, if you were expecting an answer such as: "I'm a member of the Helsinki-flamenco-folk-metal-guitarclub, so i play that style", i'm sorry to dissapoint you, but it just isn't like that.

But if I must try to analyze, for example "after the storm" is very folky, the basic chord strumming stuff such as in the chorus is just basic "campfire strumming". The intro/verse is more celtic influenced, perhaps a little to do with me being a Jethro tull fan. I also tried to put some "technical" licks in there, they might be stolen from some real acoustic players such as tommy emmanuel. The solo has some jazz-type phrasing, a style I'm TRYING to practice every now and then.

Does this get you anywhere? I recommend listening to some top acoustic players, for example the guitar trio with Al DiMeola, John Mclaughlin and Paco de Lucia...celtic music, flamenco, acoustic gypsy jazz, middle eastern guitarists, whatever. You'll also notice quickly that different styles might sound so different and yet have so much in common at the same time...

Damn, I got carried away again!
Old October 9th, 2009, 12:07 PM   #171 (permalink)
Janga666
Infamous Butcher

Thanks Mikko!

Sorry to confuse you... haha! I will check out your suggestions. Keep on developing your style because you are a great guitar player!
Old October 12th, 2009, 03:07 AM   #172 (permalink)
TheDrizztMan
TheDrizztMan

bleeding strings

hey guys, i just can't get over how badass the lyrics to "bleeding strings" are? what inspired you guys to write that song? and how on earth did you guys become so poetic?
Old October 12th, 2009, 09:06 AM   #173 (permalink)
Adam Fiske

Dimebag Darrell, dude.
Old October 14th, 2009, 06:07 AM   #174 (permalink)
Willstorm

How's your baby Markku ?
Old October 16th, 2009, 05:21 AM   #175 (permalink)
Markku
Band Member

She is fine, thanks for asking :9