Kiuas  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > Kiuas
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 16th, 2010, 05:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
compurocker
rocking out

Thumbs up Kiuas in the USA

I was one of the few lucky enough to see Kiuas destroy the place in their first and only US appearance at Chicago Powerfest in 2009. I'm hopeful that the US release of Lustdriven is only being held back because they are working on a tour package to surround it.

But in case a tour doesn't happen any time soon, I'm holding onto hope that they'll at least be able to make another US festival appearance: ProgPower USA in Atlanta, GA. The PPUSA XII (2011) roster has been announced and Kiuas was absent from the list, much to my dismay. Though the Thursday Kick-off/Showcase roster is still yet to be announced.

Looking at prior rosters, bands that have played both Chicago Powerfest and ProgPower USA have done so anywhere from the same year to five years apart. So on average, ProgPower in 2011 or 2012 is just about right for Kiuas!

It won't happen without our help, though. Kiuas fans in the USA, if you're not familiar with ProgPower, come check it out. One of the best metal fests around: great music, awesome venue, and crowd that's like family. If you've been to ProgPower before, or are just checking it out for the first time, head over to their forums which are also hosted right here on Ultimate Metal.

Join the great discussion, spread the love for Kiuas, and show everyone why Kiuas should play this fest. We only have until about April-May to influence the 2012 roster as it starts getting booked in May-June, for a September reveal. Those that are able and willing could even offer to sponsor the band around that time. But until then we just need to generate the buzz for Kiuas. Besides the great forums here on Ultimate Metal, we can also hype the Kiuas ProgPower possibility on Facebook or Twitter @ProgPower and with the #ppusa hashtag.

Missing a Kiuas album, or four? Buy them from one of these fine US-based vendors! They make a great gift for friends, too. Album sales are one of the factors that a promoter looks at when booking a band. Buying Kiuas albums have a direct effect on the band's ability to tour, or to play festivals.
Also be sure to request Kiuas on your favorite metal radio show. The band and their label need to help us by letting us know which terrestrial radio stations in the US have Kiuas in their library, and by getting them in the hands of more stations. College/university stations are probably the best bet for having a metal show that showcases lesser known metal bands. We can request them from our favorite Internet radio stations (such as Epic Rock Radio) as well as Sirius/XM, too.

Waiting with bated breath for Kiuas to announce their next US date(s). Let's do what we can to make it happen sooner than later!

Last edited by compurocker : October 6th, 2010 at 07:48 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old September 21st, 2010, 03:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Mikko Ilmarinen
Son of Ukko

Whoa, sorry Adam! Can you post that again?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old September 23rd, 2010, 10:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Maddolis

Progpower 2011?
I don't know... it'd be too tempting for me to spend my fortune on return airfares, what with Arcturus' reunion and all...
Old September 25th, 2010, 01:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Adam Fiske

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikko Ilmarinen View Post
Whoa, sorry Adam! Can you post that again?
Ha! Sorry Mikko!

What I had posted was that Symphony X was taking submissions for bands fans would like to see tour with them around the US. Seeing as Symphony X is a US band, they do a lot of different venues across the US on their tours. I suggested to them that they check out Kiuas and see if they could get them on the tour, that would give them a HELL of a lot of exposure here. When I suggested this to Mikko, he said it would be "niiiicee" and told me that that kind of stuff is really just done by band's talking to each other. So I think if a lot of Kiuas fans suggest this to Symphony X it might at least make them take a little interest and maybe start some communication between the two bands.

Symphony X will be touring soon in support of the album they are getting ready to release so I think that would be awesome if we all sent them an email (symxfaq @ gmail.com) suggesting Kiuas.

EDIT: Also Mikko promised me they'd open with Kiuassault if this happens.

Last edited by Adam Fiske : September 25th, 2010 at 08:39 PM.
Old October 6th, 2010, 03:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Maddolis

If I could see Symphony X and Kiuas (two of my three equal favourite bands) in the one show, I'd definitely see them in at least 3 Australian states. It's the stuff of dreams- but there's always hope.
Old October 6th, 2010, 07:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
compurocker
rocking out

Right there with you (albeit on another continent!)
Old October 14th, 2010, 08:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Mikko Ilmarinen
Son of Ukko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Fiske View Post
Ha! Sorry Mikko!

What I had posted was that Symphony X was taking submissions for bands fans would like to see tour with them around the US. Seeing as Symphony X is a US band, they do a lot of different venues across the US on their tours. I suggested to them that they check out Kiuas and see if they could get them on the tour, that would give them a HELL of a lot of exposure here. When I suggested this to Mikko, he said it would be "niiiicee" and told me that that kind of stuff is really just done by band's talking to each other. So I think if a lot of Kiuas fans suggest this to Symphony X it might at least make them take a little interest and maybe start some communication between the two bands.

Symphony X will be touring soon in support of the album they are getting ready to release so I think that would be awesome if we all sent them an email (symxfaq @ gmail.com) suggesting Kiuas.

EDIT: Also Mikko promised me they'd open with Kiuassault if this happens.
I promised that? OK, we will, haha!

And everyone: if you want this to be possible, do as Adam suggests and mail Symphony X, IMMEDIATELY!

On that note, mail progpower AS WELL!

We've already contacted them of course.
Old October 14th, 2010, 08:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Mikko Ilmarinen
Son of Ukko

And Compurocker:

Thanks for the post too!
People: IF YOU CAN'T FIND KIUAS RECORDS IN THE US...check those links on compurockers post (first post in this thread)!
Old October 17th, 2010, 07:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Harley D

Kiuas was on my list as a prediction for next year's PPXII. Despite the lineup (Sanctuary?!?!), I was disappointed they were not on it. I am thinking the only way I will see them is to take a trip to Finland.
Old October 18th, 2010, 10:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
compurocker
rocking out

Harley, I've contemplated the same. Heck, I don't want to just visit. I'll move there!

But going to the UK would be cheaper... what are you doing next week?
Old October 19th, 2010, 05:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Harley D

Finland has a wealth of metal bands for sure. Some of my favorites from there are Ensiferum, Wintersun, Finntroll, Turisas, Korpiklaani, CoB, Tarot, Moonsorrow, Norther, jsut to name a few. Along with Kiuas, of course.

Unfortunately I am going on vacation next week to see my last remaining grandparent in NY, my step-son in Michigan and my best friend for his birthday in Ohio.

Oh, I just saw - you are Diabolos on zune. I'm Harley D68. I guess we already have a connection.
Old November 14th, 2010, 07:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
compurocker
rocking out

Kiuas are currently in the top 10 requested bands of November on Epic Rock Radio!

Top Artists of November
1. Sonata Arctica (71)
2. Kamelot (70)
3. Helloween (67)
4. Blind Guardian (66)
5. Symphony X (65)
6. Freedom Call (60)
7. Iron Maiden (59)
8. HammerFall (53)
9. Kiuas (52)
10. Sabaton (52)
11. Avantasia (50)
12. Allen-Lande (49)
13. Korpiklaani (49)
14. Nightwish (47)
15. Dream Theater (43)

[edit] It would be awesome if one of the guys recorded a "sweeper" (station id) for ERR - send me a pm and I can give you the email of the person in charge of those.

Last edited by compurocker : November 14th, 2010 at 07:47 AM.
Old January 14th, 2012, 10:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
TheBlackWaltz
::Narri::

Of course... how things always go, I really started getting into Kiuas after their show at ProgPower. I had a chance to see them last summer in Finland, but since Ilja is no longer the vocalist, well...
Old January 15th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
great_kthulu
Greater Evil

still waiting for them to tour the us...
Old April 8th, 2012, 02:43 AM   #15 (permalink)
mikkola
Hakkapelitta

I second kthulu. You guys should really visit Florida in the wintertime. It's nice weather down here.
Old April 15th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
TheBlackWaltz
::Narri::

Yeah... we don't have winter down here...but Lake Worth is hoppin' with Finnish snowbirds between October and February. The only good thing about living where I do

Last edited by TheBlackWaltz : April 26th, 2012 at 08:27 PM.