Laser's Edge  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Heavy Metal Labels and Vendors > Laser's Edge
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 30th, 2012, 05:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rkbluez

Frank Marino "Juggernaut & Power Of Rock "n' Roll"

BGO records is finally going to reissue the last 2 of Frank Marino's that have never been officially on CD. "Juggernaut & Power Of Rock 'N' Roll" will see the light of day finally on CD in August, September. Good news for Marino fans like me.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 30th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
raptured

Hey there RK,

Good news, indeed. I flipped when I first heard his 'live' album back in the 1970's. I had seen him on "california jam 2" and he blew me away.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old June 30th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rkbluez

How are you Raptured...It was a sad story as Frank never got the respect or fame he deserved...if he wasn't gettin' screwed by his record company or his management it was the critic's and their f***in' Jimi Hendrix copy cat shit they never got over even though Frank's music changed and grew as he aged...the other thing was CBS/Sony never released these great albums for his fans...now BGO has finally set things right...hopefully they will sound killer and not like the shit bootleg Black Rose versions.
Old June 30th, 2012, 10:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Leyth Mulla

So many great albums that still elude remastering and reissuing... Great news at least that these two will finally be available.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 03:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
raptured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkbluez View Post
How are you Raptured...It was a sad story as Frank never got the respect or fame he deserved...if he wasn't gettin' screwed by his record company or his management it was the critic's and their f***in' Jimi Hendrix copy cat shit they never got over even though Frank's music changed and grew as he aged...the other thing was CBS/Sony never released these great albums for his fans...now BGO has finally set things right...hopefully they will sound killer and not like the shit bootleg Black Rose versions.
Hi Rk....i'm fine thanks.
I had heard that Frank got screwed by the record companies. Besides the J. Hendrix thing, he was also criticized for using too many pedals, which I always found really stupid. How can someone be criticized for creating his own particular sound and style ?
Anyways.....glad to hear about the albums being re-issued.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 05:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Rkbluez

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptured View Post
Hi Rk....i'm fine thanks.
I had heard that Frank got screwed by the record companies. Besides the J. Hendrix thing, he was also criticized for using too many pedals, which I always found really stupid. How can someone be criticized for creating his own particular sound and style ?
Anyways.....glad to hear about the albums being re-issued.
Frank having so many fans even to this day...and a lot of them are guitar players...should be enough proof that the critics were wrong...glad that these releases are finally coming...they are worth the wait.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Magic Mountain

Frank always puts on an AWESOME show, and you always get your money's worth as he plays for 3 hours+. I always catch him when he tours. However, it has been a while (couple years) since he's been around. Is there anything wrong that you know of?
Old July 2nd, 2012, 12:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Joey Jojo

I remember "Strange Dreams" getting a lot of radio play in my younger days. Excellent song; I may have to pick up Juggernaut.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 12:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Metman
Brown Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Jojo View Post
I remember "Strange Dreams" getting a lot of radio play in my younger days. Excellent song; I may have to pick up Juggernaut.
His Newest ( Live) cd Kicks F in ass.....
Old July 5th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
LarryD

Lots of the Mahogany Rush discs are being re-issued / re-mastered in 3-packs....which is fine, but the idiots who are releasing these aren't putting all of the music on a single disc -- in other words, songs from disc 1 run on into disc 2, and songs from disc 2 run on into disc 3.... wtf ???

They are all re-mastered, and I recently got:

Mahogany Rush IV / World Anthem on a 2-pack
Live (79) / Tales of the Unexpected / Whats Next on a 3-pack
Double Live on a single CD

All sound great ...especially the live disc which is one of my favorite all-time live discs ever.....not the Double Live, the Mahagony Rush live discs from 1979.....

Strange Universe is one of my fav MR discs ......

www.pmrising.com/pm
Old July 5th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Neoman

Thank God they remastered them.
I also love the Live disc but the copy I have sounds like crap!
I will have to pick up the remastered one.
Old July 6th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Neoman

Does anyone know how the quality of the "3 on 2" disc set of Child of the Novelty/Maxoom/Strange Universe is?
Release Year: 2004
Record Label: Big Beat Records
Old July 6th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rkbluez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoman View Post
Does anyone know how the quality of the "3 on 2" disc set of Child of the Novelty/Maxoom/Strange Universe is?
Release Year: 2004
Record Label: Big Beat Records
It's excellent quality...I did sell mine and buy the ones Frank remastered separate on Just In Time records...but to be honest the 3 on 2 sounded excellent and not scratchy like the Repertoire versions from the 90's.

I would say for the price...grab it...it's classic especially the album "Strange Universe"...would be a desert island disc for sure to me.
Old July 6th, 2012, 09:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Neoman

Thanks! I will pick it up