LORD  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > LORD
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LORD Ex-Dungeon

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 16th, 2007, 11:11 PM   #1326 (permalink)
AdamS
Biggest LORD fan EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Tim View Post
Hey, man - I'll shoot you off a PM about this soon.
Thanks much LT!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old December 17th, 2007, 03:07 PM   #1327 (permalink)
pipsqeek
Musical Delinquent

LOL. Sounds like Tim just did Adam's homework

Global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of Pirates since the 1800s - http://www.venganza.org/
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old January 2nd, 2008, 05:46 AM   #1328 (permalink)
TheDenimRager
Hats make things better.

</incoherant fanboy>
What is Doro like?
<incoherant fanboy>

-~~~-
I care not though I live but a day,
If my name and my fame are a power forever.

-~~~-
Old January 2nd, 2008, 05:59 AM   #1329 (permalink)
Lord Tim
Pitch the banner black

The absolute most beautiful person you could ever meet.

Here's a defining moment: Doro invited us backstage to the Saxon album launch party in Hamburg in 2004 when me, Stu and Steve Ravic were doing our promo tour through out EU/JP/USA. We met Saxon and hung out with Larz from Metallium and had a good time, and Doro did a lot of live TV spots there backstage too. While we were there, I noticed someone seriously perving on her ass while she was bending over and the first thing I thought was "Heyy!!! Get your grubby eyes off of her! She's not like that!!" HAHA!

This is the woman I (and many other guys) had teenage fantasies about and there I was thinking that people should keep their grubby eyeballs off of her because she's such a great person! Needless to say, it was a pretty weird moment when I realised that! HAHA!

But no, seriously, she's one of the kindest, friendliest people I've ever met and will do anything for her fans.

LORD: Website .
UM forum . Facebook . YouTube

LATEST ALBUM "DIGITAL LIES" OUT NOW!

I don't ever want to be
Someone else untrue to me
Just a parody
And be a 2D person in a 3D world
Old January 2nd, 2008, 04:13 PM   #1330 (permalink)
Bucko

yeah but she has a really nice ass, huh tim hhahahha
Old January 2nd, 2008, 07:04 PM   #1331 (permalink)
Lord Tim
Pitch the banner black

That she does!

I don't ever want to be
Just a parody
Old January 3rd, 2008, 06:42 PM   #1332 (permalink)
Nebulous
Daniel

Tim, I'd hate to be a pain, cos I know you've been asked "are you going to tab out any songs?" and "will you release a book of transcriptions of any Dungeon sogns?" and the answer has been no, but if you wouldn't mind helping out a dude with some info, I'd really appreciate it and also share it with the forum when I'm done.

I'm trying to get a jam together later this year, and we'd like to have a go at "Against the wind" and "Don't leave me". Now, I'm not asking for tabs or anything in depth, but some help regarding tone centers and the basic flow of the song would be hugely appreciated. My ear sucks abit, and well, your writing style isn't the most prepetitive when it comes to chord progressions when compared to the folk I've been use to transcribing haha.

So yeah, if you could give me any advice, I would gladly share the tabs with the forum (with your permission of course) when I'm done.

Thanks a tonn!
Old January 3rd, 2008, 07:01 PM   #1333 (permalink)
pipsqeek
Musical Delinquent

Quote:
That she does!
Hey, get your grubby eyeballs off of her.

Global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of Pirates since the 1800s - http://www.venganza.org/
Old January 3rd, 2008, 10:21 PM   #1334 (permalink)
Lord Tim
Pitch the banner black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulous View Post
Tim, I'd hate to be a pain, cos I know you've been asked "are you going to tab out any songs?" and "will you release a book of transcriptions of any Dungeon sogns?" and the answer has been no, but if you wouldn't mind helping out a dude with some info, I'd really appreciate it and also share it with the forum when I'm done.

I'm trying to get a jam together later this year, and we'd like to have a go at "Against the wind" and "Don't leave me". Now, I'm not asking for tabs or anything in depth, but some help regarding tone centers and the basic flow of the song would be hugely appreciated. My ear sucks abit, and well, your writing style isn't the most prepetitive when it comes to chord progressions when compared to the folk I've been use to transcribing haha.

So yeah, if you could give me any advice, I would gladly share the tabs with the forum (with your permission of course) when I'm done.

Thanks a tonn!
OK, this'll be a quick 'un 'cos I'm in the middle of doing a few things here, but it should help.

Don't Leave Me (without the intro)

This is all in E minor. All of the riffs are based on an E minor diatonic scale (E F# G A B C D) so that should help you narrow things down a little.

The intro riff is E - E - B-C ... E - E - B-C-D ... E - E - B-C ... C5 (chord) - D5 (chord)

Verse is basically E... C - D x 2

Pre-Chorus is C / D / C / D (and if you want to play it right, one of the guitars is doing a C major than D major arpeggio over the top of the respective chords)

Chorus is E C D B C-D

Then we have another verse, pre-chorus, chorus. Then the solo is a chorus and a double pre-chorus (the solo is in E minor / E minor pentatonic)

Then a double chorus, then the intro riff to the end.

Against The Wind

The intro, verse and pre-chorus is D minor, the chorus is (mostly) E minor, and the harmony section is in F minor (mostly).

The intro riff is actually played as octaves. Imagine doing a 3-note D5 chord (5th on A + 7th on D + 7th on G) but what you're doing is lifting your hand up so the centre string (the D string) is dampened, so you're only hearing the root and octave notes, not the 5th.

All of the riffing is in D minor (D E F G A A# C) and is played in octaves except the little harmony at the end, which is single notes. The second guitar is playing a diatonic 3rd harmony (basically F major - F G A A# C D E, which is 3 notes up along in the scale from D minor).

Verse 1 is basically D - A# - C (live we do just bass for the first bit, but on the recording, there's a quiet downtuned guitar playing root notes along with the bass)

Verse 2 is one guitar doing the chugging on the chords, while the other guitar is doing the intro octaves.

Pre-chorus is basically A# - D with a D minor riff (with a F major harmony) and ending on an A5 to modulate into the chorus.

Chorus is E.... C - B / E.... C - D / E .... C - B / E.... A# - C - D...

Over the top of the E... C - B chords, the other guitar is doing a G major double-stop idea. It'll take too long to explain without tabs, but it's basically 7th on G + 8th on B - 7th on G + 7th on B (repeated). There's a few other bits in there where a couple of other notes are added in to play the melody. It's using the common note of 7th on G with all of them.

Over the end is a kind of blues double-stop riff in E that goes into the transition to the A# - C - D chords.

Next verse: D - A# - C (both guitars chugging) x2
Next pre-chorus is the same as the first, as is the chorus.

Harmony is in F minor. That's F - C# - D# (x3) and then ends on a A# - C so it modulates back to D minor for the solo section. The harmony itself is all F minor scales with a diatonic 3rd harmony.

Solo is just A# - C - D based, again just D minor or D pentatonic based solos. Ends on an A to go into the final choruses.

The outro choruses are the same as the regular ones but don't do the A# - C bit to go back into D minor, it stays in E minor all the way.

That was REALLY glossing over stuff here and there's a lot of fiddly little bits that are easier to play if you can see them rather than getting them explained to you on here, but that should point you in the right direction.

Good luck!

I don't ever want to be
Just a parody
Old January 3rd, 2008, 11:08 PM   #1335 (permalink)
Nebulous
Daniel

Haha, oh man, that's a HUGE help and tonns mroe than I was expecting. You rule, simple as that
I see why I was hearing things so screwed up, harmonies everywhere. Though, I did get it right with Against the Wind all up to the chorus (yay for training ears). That's where I started thinking, "hang on, which part am I listening out for now?"

Thanks again. I'm sure my mates will be wrapped to know that we'll be playing those tracks now.
Old January 6th, 2008, 05:38 AM   #1336 (permalink)
Nebulous
Daniel

WOW. I don't know what happened, or why it suddenly happened, but after getting my head around those two tracks I've also just worked out alot of "Fire of time" and "I am Death". It seems that my aim to learn a shit load more songs this year has started quite strong.

Cheers and beers for writing such great songs and helping me out along the way with them. It seems I know how to approach your writing style better now. It's a bit of a change from ol' Mr. Schaffer.
Old January 6th, 2008, 06:25 AM   #1337 (permalink)
Toby
Cheesegrater Of Chastity

...this is why I choose to just bash shit with sticks.

Scrote - myspace
Old January 6th, 2008, 06:43 AM   #1338 (permalink)
Nebulous
Daniel

I think the years of my "double bass fingering" has made it pretty hard for me to get use to using my legs to play drums haha. I'd love to have a kit to bash away on, though.
Old January 6th, 2008, 12:17 PM   #1339 (permalink)
les_paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
...this is why I choose to just bash shit with sticks.
i think i should get some drums instead

i pretty much suck at guitar but then i only ever really play music that i like, usually from tabs

i've never been able to find any Dungeon tabs on the net so i'm forced to try and play them by ear (which i'm not very good at yet). can someone tell me if i'm anywhere near to playing I Am Death properly? (this is the first time i've ever tried to write tab so please excuse any errors)

Code:
------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------9s7---------
----7----8----10----8----5h7----7----8----7s5---8-8---
-00---00---00----00---00-----00---00---00-----0-6-6---
 ..   ..   ..    ..   ..     ..   ..   ..     .

----7----8----10----8----5h7----7----8----7---8---5s7-
-00---00---00----00---00-----00---00---00-5-0-6-0-3s5-
 ..   ..   ..    ..   ..     ..   ..   ..   .   .      (X4)

--------------------------
--------------------------
-----------------2--------
-2-------5-------2----5-2-
-2-------5-------0----5-2-
-0-00000-3-33333---00-3-0-
   .....   .....   ..

---------------------------------
---------------------------------
-----------------2--3--2-----3333.............
-2-------5-------2--3--2--2--3333.....etc.....
-2-------5-------0--1--0--2--1111.............
-0-00000-3-33333----------0------
   .....   .....
something like that?

i feel so inadequate asking that after reading LT's last post
Old January 6th, 2008, 05:14 PM   #1340 (permalink)
Nebulous
Daniel

Thats the way I play it
Old January 6th, 2008, 05:42 PM   #1341 (permalink)
Lord Tim
Pitch the banner black

Yeah, that's pretty much it - sometimes I play the A# chords on first fret of the A rather than 6th of the E (better tone) but it depends on what else I'm doing/gonna do at the time live.

I don't ever want to be
Just a parody
Old January 7th, 2008, 04:52 AM   #1342 (permalink)
les_paul

Quote:
Yeah, that's pretty much it - sometimes I play the A# chords on first fret of the A rather than 6th of the E (better tone) but it depends on what else I'm doing/gonna do at the time live.
i understand that

i like sliding the E5 to D5 with my index and ring finger and then playing the Bb5 with my middle and little finger. looks a little strange but it feels smoother to me
Old January 13th, 2008, 03:55 AM   #1343 (permalink)
fire_angel
Timboooooo

Re-recording of Against The Wind is brilliant. Will it be the first of many?
Old January 13th, 2008, 04:39 AM   #1344 (permalink)
Lord Tim
Pitch the banner black

Probably not Dungeon songs, but one of many familiar songs being recorded.

I don't ever want to be
Just a parody
Old January 17th, 2008, 09:28 PM   #1345 (permalink)
Bucko

Tim, any news on the SAXON tour front is the re-scheduled gig (tour happening at all ) in the 11th April as rumored. Cheers Bucko
Old January 17th, 2008, 09:33 PM   #1346 (permalink)
Lord Tim
Pitch the banner black

No official word from the promoters at all. That's KMW, who are great for getting back to you for shows too, so I'd say they're waiting for word from the Saxon camp before they make an announcement.

I don't ever want to be
Just a parody
Old January 17th, 2008, 09:37 PM   #1347 (permalink)
Bucko

cool cause as u know WASP are in Sydney earlier that week I just don't know what to do with myself hhahaha
Old February 19th, 2008, 03:36 AM   #1348 (permalink)
DirTh
The Puppet Master

Would you consider changing the top LORD Discussion Forum logo thing to suit the Ascendence theme?
Old February 19th, 2008, 03:48 AM   #1349 (permalink)
Lord Tim
Pitch the banner black

Nah, next change will likely be for the next album artwork... who knows how soon that'll turn up?

I don't ever want to be
Just a parody
Old February 19th, 2008, 03:58 AM   #1350 (permalink)
DirTh
The Puppet Master

Fair enough, we all know how fast time flies when you eagerly await something.