LORD  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > LORD
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LORD Ex-Dungeon

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 24th, 2009, 09:49 PM   #5326 (permalink)
Spikes Red

Good to hear about Alice in Chains and Horse the Band!!
Hoping the weather is kind for Adelaide's Soundwave.
Although, I reckon it will be a dustbowl, nonetheless.

Any news on the supports for Ne O's gig at Enigma in Adelaide?
Old February 24th, 2009, 09:51 PM   #5327 (permalink)
natalie.jayne

i went to the sydney soundwave for a bit of fun.. devildriver weren't that half bad, and in flames played alright
Old February 25th, 2009, 01:32 AM   #5328 (permalink)
metal evilution
Davestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal evilution View Post
The place to be after the AIC gig people!!! Good chance the band will be there afterwards as well. Plus a certain touring Italian band are rumoured to be showing up after their gig too.

And don't forget your also bound to see/hear DARKER fucking HALF!!!

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/metal-evilution-440/

http://www.myspace.com/metalevilution

True Metal acts looking for management/label:
metalevilution@hotmail.com

Cd's to: Metal Evilution
P.O. Box 349 Enmore
NSW, Australia
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 25th, 2009, 06:24 AM   #5329 (permalink)
Winmar
Pillock of society

Hmmmm I kinda wish I was going to Soundwave now. I'm just going to see AIC tomorrow night instead.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old February 25th, 2009, 09:19 AM   #5330 (permalink)
Crabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pethical View Post
c/p'd from the smw forum:

highlights:

dillinger - freaking awesome. highlight of the day, a "treat" (in-joke)
horse the band - humorous and super-rocking
phone reception! - yes! i am on 3, and had crystal clear coverage, and was downloading at 3 megs a sec in the middle of the pit!?! i was suprised too.
lamb of god - best time i've seen them, loved the banner action in redneck and superpits
bloodhound gang - only caught a song, but took me back!
nine inch nails - not totally my thing, but enjoyed the few songs i saw. great energy & visuals.

lowlights:

getting in - took us TWO hours to get in. 30 000 people trying to get through 6 security staff soaked in mud, and all they did was grab your ticket and give you an over 18's bracelet if you looked the goods. disastrous! as a result, missed 3 or 4 bands i wanted to see at the start.
evergreen terrace - fucking hell, shittest band! funny mosh though, mad n00bz.
in flames - agreed, super boring. just totally over them.
poison the well - one of my favourite bands, so it was very disappointing to see they were having an off day. jeff just seemed completely bummed/tired/hungover, was out of time for one of their songs, and obviously couldn't hear shit. mix was terrible, and i'm sure the on-stage sound was worse. their new guitarist did well though. heres hoping they do better on tuesday. considering they are 2nd last, i'd hope the mixer gives them the attention they deserve.
Agreed that PTW was less than inspiring, but how funny was Greg from DEP's "treat"?

We went to the DevilDriver side show tonight. DevilDriver were fun if nothing mind-blowing, Lacuna Coil came on about 15 minutes late and as a result played just six songs (which were good though), 36 Crazyfists were better than expected if nothing overly exciting and All That Remains were standard Metalcore fare (really good lead guitarist though).
Old February 25th, 2009, 04:28 PM   #5331 (permalink)
JetHead
FTT

Holy shit the Alice In Chains side show was fantastic. the new singer is incredible, can't wait to hear his voice on an album.
Old February 25th, 2009, 04:29 PM   #5332 (permalink)
Bucko

nice
Old February 25th, 2009, 05:30 PM   #5333 (permalink)
Pethical
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabby View Post
how funny was Greg from DEP's "treat"?
one of the most rock'n'roll things ive ever seen. awesome.

New Split LP with Tangled Thoughts of Leaving avaliable now - SMW FORUM -> www.ozprog.com/forum/sleepmakeswaves

Old February 25th, 2009, 06:37 PM   #5334 (permalink)
Crabby

""FAITH NO MORE has always stood out as some sort of unique beast; part dog, part cat — its music almost as schizophrenic as the personalities of its members. When it all worked, it worked really well, even if the chemistry was always volatile.

"Throughout our 17 years of existence, the mental and physical energy required to sustain this creature was considerable and relentless. Though amicable enough, when we finally split, we all followed paths seemingly destined to opposite ends of the universe. Yet during the entire 10 years that have passed since our decision to break up we've experienced constant rumors and requests from fans and promoters alike. Nevertheless, for whatever reason, none of us kept in regular touch, much less to discuss any possibilities of getting together.

"What's changed is that this year, for the first time, we've all decided to sit down together and talk about it. And what we've discovered is that time has afforded us enough distance to look back on our years together through a clearer lens and made us realize that through all the hard work, the music still sounds good, and we are beginning to appreciate the fact that we might have actually done something right. Meanwhile, we find ourselves at a moment in time with zero label obligations, still young and strong enough to deliver a kick-ass set, with enthusiasm to not only revisit our past but possibly add something to the present. And so with this we've decided to hold our collective breaths and jump off this cliff.... BACK, GOD FORBID, INTO THE MONKEY CAGE!!!

"We can only hope that the experience of playing together again will yield results erratic and unpredictable enough to live up to the legacy of FNM.

"Who knows where this will end or what it will bring up... only the future knows. But we are about to find out!"

FAITH NO MORE 2009 is:

Mike Bordin - Drums
Roddy Bottum - Keyboards
Bill Gould - Bass
Jon Hudson - Guitar
Mike Patton - Vocals"

I just lost it.
Old February 25th, 2009, 06:50 PM   #5335 (permalink)
ImprintedLife
Arriving Somewhere.....

, HOLY SHIT!

Nathan: Now shut up and listen to this Dick! This is metal for fish!

Skwisgaar: Fish dont's got's no good metal to listens to.
Old February 25th, 2009, 06:51 PM   #5336 (permalink)
Pethical
Tom

oh wow

New Split LP with Tangled Thoughts of Leaving avaliable now - SMW FORUM -> www.ozprog.com/forum/sleepmakeswaves

Old February 25th, 2009, 07:13 PM   #5337 (permalink)
Taliwakker

Pity about John Hudson being on guitar but was still smiling muchly when i saw the news
Old February 25th, 2009, 07:16 PM   #5338 (permalink)
chrisvp

awesome, awesome news !!!!
Old February 26th, 2009, 01:08 AM   #5339 (permalink)
Goreripper
Metal as fuck

That's just nuts!

"Atheism is the arrogant belief that the world was not created simply for our benefit."
Old February 26th, 2009, 01:28 AM   #5340 (permalink)
Winmar
Pillock of society

HOLY FUCK!!! This is awesome. I wish Jim was back on guitars, but you can't have everything.

Old February 26th, 2009, 02:14 AM   #5341 (permalink)
Cryptor
Cobber Mc Friendly

Apparently this year they're only doing shows in Europe. Crossing my fingers big time that one of their shows align with my trip!
Old February 26th, 2009, 03:43 AM   #5342 (permalink)
Goreripper
Metal as fuck

Australia was their biggest market! They'd be nuts not to come here!

"Atheism is the arrogant belief that the world was not created simply for our benefit."
Old February 26th, 2009, 05:15 AM   #5343 (permalink)
Crabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptor View Post
Apparently this year they're only doing shows in Europe. Crossing my fingers big time that one of their shows align with my trip!
What he said.
Old February 26th, 2009, 06:13 AM   #5344 (permalink)
skrabsta

Im really hoping FNM make their way out here, only got to see them twice back in the day and would love to see them again.
Old February 26th, 2009, 06:41 AM   #5345 (permalink)
Winmar
Pillock of society

Twice ain't bad. I saw them three times, but that's never enough! Which tour(s) did you see?

Hopefully they like playing with each other again, so they go on a more expansive tour. They're all older now, so hopefully they won't squabble as much as they used to.

Old February 26th, 2009, 07:06 AM   #5346 (permalink)
Goreripper
Metal as fuck

I saw their first tour in 1990, then again at Alternative Nation in 95 and the tour after that too. Every time they were awesome.

Old February 26th, 2009, 04:32 PM   #5347 (permalink)
Bucko

Midnight Oil

Midnight Oil will perform two shows only "Up Close In The Capital" at Royal Theatre, National Convention Centre before their show on Saturday at Sound Relief in Melbourne.
Venue Information Tix $80 BUCKS folks .... not sure if I am gunna go to this now,
Old February 26th, 2009, 07:23 PM   #5348 (permalink)
skrabsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winmar View Post
Twice ain't bad. I saw them three times, but that's never enough! Which tour(s) did you see?

Hopefully they like playing with each other again, so they go on a more expansive tour. They're all older now, so hopefully they won't squabble as much as they used to.
alternanative nation in 95 and the king for a day tour later that same year. the AN gig by FNM is one of the best concerts I have ever seen by any band ( with the exception of Iron Maiden ).
Old February 26th, 2009, 07:42 PM   #5349 (permalink)
JetHead
FTT

if anyone in Sydney is looking for something to do tonight. Hell City Glamors are playing there last show in Oz before there US dates. There at The Factory tonight, gonna be insane!
Old February 26th, 2009, 11:50 PM   #5350 (permalink)
Turner
I have a cunning plan

they're waiting over there for their gig to start