LORD  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > LORD
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LORD Ex-Dungeon

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 12th, 2007, 02:30 AM   #101 (permalink)
fire_angel
Timboooooo

I believe it's that 60 people will be drawn, and each are allowed to bring a friend (who obviously needs a ticket as well, although i'm not sure if this includes general admission). Regardless, i'll be buying 4 tickets, so i have a solid chance at being up front, not to mention i'll be able to garauntee some friends a ticket ( and my little brother also should the gig be under 18's allowed). Otherwise, i'll flog them off for solid profit in the first week of feb next year.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old September 12th, 2007, 02:35 AM   #102 (permalink)
black_tooth_grin
www.anwarrizk.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire_angel View Post
I believe it's that 60 people will be drawn, and each are allowed to bring a friend (who obviously needs a ticket as well, although i'm not sure if this includes general admission). Regardless, i'll be buying 4 tickets, so i have a solid chance at being up front, not to mention i'll be able to garauntee some friends a ticket ( and my little brother also should the gig be under 18's allowed). Otherwise, i'll flog them off for solid profit in the first week of feb next year.
Yes, Tim is right. You'll be allowed to accompany a friend to the front barrier with a ticket of course. All I need to do now is find out if the guys will do a meet n' greet at the airport, or do one at a music store. Alot people reckon Maiden wont even bother with going through the front door, most of their stuff will be taken off the plane straight to the venue and they'll probably head to their hotel rooms from the tarmac.

I'll do alittle bit of investigating and see if I can find out whats going on.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old September 12th, 2007, 04:18 AM   #103 (permalink)
Goreripper
Metal as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_tooth_grin View Post
Also if you are apart of the Iron Maiden Online Club, you'll be randomly drawn to be one of the first 60 people to the front barrier. But I wouldn't worry to much about this since alot of people will be pushing and shoving to get right up front, so even if your first in this doesn't always mean you'll there for the whole show...unless your a fat sweaty bloke who smells like ass, then no one will touch you.
This is a pretty pointless competition. You'd most likely be at the barrier for about a minute before the crowd behind you shoves you aside and you have to watch the rest of the show from the mxing panel.

"Atheism is the arrogant belief that the world was not created simply for our benefit."
Old September 12th, 2007, 06:30 AM   #104 (permalink)
Falkor
J.B.C.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goreripper View Post
This is a pretty pointless competition. You'd most likely be at the barrier for about a minute before the crowd behind you shoves you aside and you have to watch the rest of the show from the mxing panel.
I just like it for the fact that it means I might not have to stand in a huge line to get in (If there is one, which at acer there probably won't be) or I can get to the bar first without having to wait haha. Or the Merch stand first, I'm sick of missing out on my size t-shirt
Old September 12th, 2007, 07:25 AM   #105 (permalink)
fire_angel
Timboooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
Or the Merch stand first, I'm sick of missing out on my size t-shirt
Too bloody right. Do you know how hard it is to get a small shirt at gigs, if they even bother to get any at all? All the girls go and buy them the second the get there, and i'm overly self-concious so i refuse to wear medium or larger shirts, despite smalls being to small

Thankfully however, the last two maiden smalls i bought at gigs fit me perfectly. Fruits of the Loom shirts ftw.
Old September 12th, 2007, 08:10 AM   #106 (permalink)
black_tooth_grin
www.anwarrizk.com

Ticket update:

Ticket allocation will be 8 tickets per member, per gig.

This is from the Iron Maiden admin on the forums.
Old September 12th, 2007, 08:23 AM   #107 (permalink)
Goreripper
Metal as fuck

I think I might join up, actually. I wonder if they'll have kid's size tees like The Cure did?

"Atheism is the arrogant belief that the world was not created simply for our benefit."
Old September 12th, 2007, 08:48 AM   #108 (permalink)
ImprintedLife
Arriving Somewhere.....

Quote:
Sweet, im officially a member now. Was quick too, I thought i'd have to wait afew days. So now im all ready for pre-sales.

Just a heads up, you only have til the 20th of September to join. Otherwise you'll miss you're chance to get pre-sale tickets. Don't worry if you got the full membership package, that usually takes 2 days so you should get it in time plus the online part is what you need the most.

Also once you become a member, log into the Iron Maiden forums and click on the link entitled "Aussie pre-sale - register with Ticketek now!". this is a sticky so you wont miss it. From there you need to activate your Ticketek account to gain access to the pre-sale tickets, if you don't not do this you will not be able to buy pre-sale tickets.

Remember, you have until the 20th of September to join the fanclub and get pre-sales.

In other news, the interview on Full Metal Racket last night was awesome. If you missed it, you can download it in afew days or stream the show in the morning and just fast forward to pt. I and II of the interview.

They also played LORD on the show, Going Down. It's a sign* lol!! I wish!

You guys are lucky, I joined up on the morning it was announced , paid everything, got confirmation of payment etc, last night I finally found how to verify my account, put my username in, my email, my reference number, click send or whatever, it comes up email invalid.

I am shitting myself ATM, I am worried I am gonna miss out on the pre-sale, I sent an email and a PM to Laz, the head of their fan club, hopefully I hear back before the sale!

Nathan: Now shut up and listen to this Dick! This is metal for fish!

Skwisgaar: Fish dont's got's no good metal to listens to.
Old September 12th, 2007, 08:48 AM   #109 (permalink)
JonBonJovi
Titilate

They better have kids tee's!
Old September 12th, 2007, 09:35 AM   #110 (permalink)
black_tooth_grin
www.anwarrizk.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprintedLife View Post
You guys are lucky, I joined up on the morning it was announced , paid everything, got confirmation of payment etc, last night I finally found how to verify my account, put my username in, my email, my reference number, click send or whatever, it comes up email invalid.

I am shitting myself ATM, I am worried I am gonna miss out on the pre-sale, I sent an email and a PM to Laz, the head of their fan club, hopefully I hear back before the sale!
If you misplaced you're password they'll give you another one. I had to reactive mine last week cos I didn't visit the forum in over a year, I just clicked on the forgot password bit and they e-mail me another one. For some reason the Iron Maiden Forums use random number passwords, I assume to keep spammers out.

You should be all good mate, just get a new code off the admin and you'll still be able to get pre-sales.

About merch,

There is a new tour shirt up for purchase on the Maiden store. Looks pretty so/so and is roughly $40.

http://www.eddiesmegastore.com/

They also have kids clothing which I assume will be available at the gig.
Old September 12th, 2007, 09:37 AM   #111 (permalink)
Mean Machine
Happy Little Boozer

Tour shirts without dates on them are shit.

Metal Obsession
www.metalobsession.net
Australian metal news, reviews, interviews, gig guides, photos and more.
Old September 12th, 2007, 09:40 AM   #112 (permalink)
black_tooth_grin
www.anwarrizk.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Machine View Post
Tour shirts without dates on them are shit.
I know, but imagine what it would look like with all the dates on it. They'd need extremely small font.

Hopefully they have a custom design for Australia, much like they did when Maiden went to Dubai. They had Eddie riding on a camel. Lets hope they do some yobbo version of Eddie with a wife beater, shorts and thongs.
Old September 12th, 2007, 09:59 AM   #113 (permalink)
ImprintedLife
Arriving Somewhere.....

Quote:
If you misplaced you're password they'll give you another one. I had to reactive mine last week cos I didn't visit the forum in over a year, I just clicked on the forgot password bit and they e-mail me another one. For some reason the Iron Maiden Forums use random number passwords, I assume to keep spammers out.

You should be all good mate, just get a new code off the admin and you'll still be able to get pre-sales.

About merch,

There is a new tour shirt up for purchase on the Maiden store. Looks pretty so/so and is roughly $40.

http://www.eddiesmegastore.com/

They also have kids clothing which I assume will be available at the gig.
Thanks Anwar, but I just joined up to the FC and I am new, so I have not even verified my account because of the above problem, god I hope they get back to me, I will be very upset if I miss out!

Nathan: Now shut up and listen to this Dick! This is metal for fish!

Skwisgaar: Fish dont's got's no good metal to listens to.
Old September 12th, 2007, 10:52 AM   #114 (permalink)
fire_angel
Timboooooo

Just listened to the FMR show (or at least the parts i could bare to listen to ), and Bruce sounded genuinely into an Aussie tour, even if it still cries 'profit mongering'. I am however a realist and hold nothing against the band for doing so. It was also great to hear Going Down. I'll be sure to request Reborn for the next show. They've had BG on the show before (from what i remember), so i'm sure that Twilight-era riff will win hearts and minds.
Old September 12th, 2007, 10:59 AM   #115 (permalink)
Lord Tim
Pitch the banner black

Yeah, as much as I like "Going Down", I think it's not the smartest song to introduce the new album to everyone on a show like FMR that plays mostly the more extreme metal. "Reborn" is a much better choice! Get in there and do some requests, guys!

LORD: Website .
UM forum . Facebook . YouTube

LATEST ALBUM "DIGITAL LIES" OUT NOW!

I don't ever want to be
Someone else untrue to me
Just a parody
And be a 2D person in a 3D world
Old September 12th, 2007, 06:51 PM   #116 (permalink)
Bucko

Bill Ad in todays Sydney Telegraph for the MAIDEN TOUR ,,,,,,,,,,,
Old September 12th, 2007, 07:59 PM   #117 (permalink)
pipsqeek
Musical Delinquent

I think this will be the first time I buy an overpriced T-shirt from a gig. ever.

Global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of Pirates since the 1800s - http://www.venganza.org/
Old September 12th, 2007, 08:38 PM   #118 (permalink)
Robotman
Gun Kata

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipsqeek View Post
I think this will be the first time I buy an overpriced T-shirt from a gig. ever.
Yeah, I felt that way when I saw Dream Theater - it didn't matter what the price, I was buying up.

Old September 12th, 2007, 08:46 PM   #119 (permalink)
black_tooth_grin
www.anwarrizk.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprintedLife View Post
Thanks Anwar, but I just joined up to the FC and I am new, so I have not even verified my account because of the above problem, god I hope they get back to me, I will be very upset if I miss out!
Oh right, my bad. I'm sure they'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Old September 12th, 2007, 10:55 PM   #120 (permalink)
sadisticsatyr
Young Apprentice

Cant afford due to needing to move house....yipee!
Old September 13th, 2007, 06:52 AM   #121 (permalink)
Jet City Woman
The Drumming Monkey

I want two tickets to the Melbourne and Brisbane shows, and I'm thinking of joining up to the fanclub. But the thing is my computer has a virus and pages keep getting hijacked, so I'll have to do it off another computer which I won't get to until the weekend. If I sign up on Saturday will I make it in time?
Old September 13th, 2007, 09:05 AM   #122 (permalink)
black_tooth_grin
www.anwarrizk.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet City Woman View Post
I want two tickets to the Melbourne and Brisbane shows, and I'm thinking of joining up to the fanclub. But the thing is my computer has a virus and pages keep getting hijacked, so I'll have to do it off another computer which I won't get to until the weekend. If I sign up on Saturday will I make it in time?
You should get someone who is a pre-existing member to buy you're ticket, then you wont have to worry about paying $18 for a membership. I'd help, but I only have enough on my credit card to buy 4 tickets, which is what I need for myself and my friend.
Old September 13th, 2007, 09:12 AM   #123 (permalink)
black_tooth_grin
www.anwarrizk.com

Recently posed on Iron Maiden Online Club:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMOC
You should have free reign over whatever tickets you want, but I will double check with ticketek and confirm. Certainly haven't heard anything about us only having a certain allocation to sell from.

Tim should be pretty spot on though, it might seem that the whole of australia is joining up at the moment, but I still don't forsee the FC selling out the arenas all by itself.
Old September 13th, 2007, 03:38 PM   #124 (permalink)
Jet City Woman
The Drumming Monkey

Is anyone on here willing to get me two tickets to both the Brisbane and Melbourne shows?

Please PM me if you would do this, I would be really grateful.
Old September 13th, 2007, 07:16 PM   #125 (permalink)
pipsqeek
Musical Delinquent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadisticsatyr View Post
Cant afford due to needing to move house....yipee!
What? Bullshit! No... Hell No! You're fuckenn coming. I'm paying for your ticket, you can pay me back when you can afford it.

Global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of Pirates since the 1800s - http://www.venganza.org/