LORD  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > LORD
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LORD Ex-Dungeon

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 9th, 2008, 01:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lord Tim
Pitch the banner black

Olympics thread

Well, I personally don't care a real lot about the Olympics myself but I figured there'd be a few people who may be interested in discussing some of the events or politics or smog or whatever, so here - for anyone who actually gives a damn, have a damn thread!

LORD: Website .
UM forum . Facebook . YouTube

LATEST ALBUM "DIGITAL LIES" OUT NOW!

I don't ever want to be
Someone else untrue to me
Just a parody
And be a 2D person in a 3D world
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old August 9th, 2008, 01:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Korensky
Go forth and DIE!

GOOOOOOO AUSSIE WOMENS BASKETBALL TEAM (especially number 10)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old August 9th, 2008, 09:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
JetHead
FTT

hehehehehe. Hackett just finished 6th in the 400m freestyle

Go Stephanie Rice

and the Olyroos...its a longshot but if they tighten up there defense they can come away with a point.
Old August 9th, 2008, 09:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Celestial-Todd
The Incredible Bulk

Is anyone really surprised by Hackett's performance though? I wouldn't be shocked if he gets knocked over in the 1500 as well
Old August 9th, 2008, 09:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rick
Senior User

Nice job by Stephanie.

Hackett isn't a 400m swimmer though; the 1500 is what he does best.
"I woke up one morning and remembered i'd done a particular task the night before. This was vivid, real, a compelling recollection. I proceeded to continue in this task, where i imagined i'd left off. To my surprise, i hadn't even attempted, let alone undertaken, this particular remembered task. It came crashing back to me, and it was apparent, suddenly, that i had invented the recollection. What was real? Memory is not the reliable source people think it."
Old August 9th, 2008, 11:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Winmar
Pillock of society

Is the opening ceremony likely to be replayed at all? I was too busy getting tanked at the pub to see it.

Old August 10th, 2008, 01:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
JetHead
FTT

Mate you missed out on something special...if you can only see one part of it make it the beginning with the drums. The precision involved to pull something like that off is staggering, esp considering they had no backing tape to keep in time with.

Fuck me Im running on 3hrs sleep and I just found out that the Olyroos, the Boomers and the hockyroos are all in action tonight! GO AUSSIE!!!
Old August 10th, 2008, 02:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
cro4eva

Does anyone know if the Australia - Croatia game in Basketball is going to be televised, I am dieing to watch it and I don't see it on the program?
Old August 10th, 2008, 02:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
Rick
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetHead
Mate you missed out on something special...if you can only see one part of it make it the beginning with the drums. The precision involved to pull something like that off is staggering, esp considering they had no backing tape to keep in time with.
That is basically the definition of Chinas communism; they all had earpieces though. It was basically a 'watch how robotic we can be' display.
"I woke up one morning and remembered i'd done a particular task the night before. This was vivid, real, a compelling recollection. I proceeded to continue in this task, where i imagined i'd left off. To my surprise, i hadn't even attempted, let alone undertaken, this particular remembered task. It came crashing back to me, and it was apparent, suddenly, that i had invented the recollection. What was real? Memory is not the reliable source people think it."
Old August 10th, 2008, 03:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
JetHead
FTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by cro4eva View Post
Does anyone know if the Australia - Croatia game in Basketball is going to be televised, I am dieing to watch it and I don't see it on the program?
7 should be showing it at 10pm im keen to watch this game as well

I tell ya what I fucking hate...when SBS and 7 show the EXACT same coverage at the same time...bloody cycling

Last edited by JetHead : August 10th, 2008 at 03:57 AM.
Old August 10th, 2008, 04:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
cro4eva

What pisses me off...Just now they had an ad during Australia - Argentina and they come back and all you here is "What a magnificent save from the keeper" and I am sitting there going WTF just happend?

This is football, tension is always being built you can't just stop it mid way!

7 isn't showing the basketball it isn't in the program list and SBS isn't showing it either. I got to find a live stream from Croatia then.

EDIT: Scratch that, 7 just said they are showing the basketball...YAY!!! Here's hoping Croatia win, would be a great day. A win in the water polo and handball so far.

Last edited by cro4eva : August 10th, 2008 at 05:04 AM.
Old August 10th, 2008, 04:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
Awake_In_Animosity
Fearing a Blank Planet

Four words. Women's Beach Volley Ball
Old August 10th, 2008, 05:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Goreripper
Metal as fuck

Yay!

"Atheism is the arrogant belief that the world was not created simply for our benefit."
Old August 10th, 2008, 06:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
Korensky
Go forth and DIE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winmar View Post
Is the opening ceremony likely to be replayed at all? I was too busy getting tanked at the pub to see it.
I've seen a whole bunch of torrents running where you can download it. It shouldn't be hard to find.
Old August 10th, 2008, 07:46 AM   #15 (permalink)
monophonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awake_In_Animosity View Post
Four words. Women's Beach Volley Ball

Im more of a winter olympics fan but the womens beach volley makes the normal olympics worth watching. Same with the womens gymnastics but they arent dressed is such revealing atire.
Old August 10th, 2008, 09:08 AM   #16 (permalink)
cro4eva

Well got to watch one quarter of the basketball. Go Croatia 92 - 87! Looking good to go far in the basketball.
Old August 10th, 2008, 10:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Mean Machine
Happy Little Boozer

Great swim by Trickett in the 100m butterfly. And it's always fantastic to see two aussies on the podium for one race!

Metal Obsession
www.metalobsession.net
Australian metal news, reviews, interviews, gig guides, photos and more.

Last edited by Mean Machine : August 10th, 2008 at 10:36 PM.
Old August 10th, 2008, 10:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
Rick
Senior User

http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/EN...L0000000.shtml
Old August 11th, 2008, 06:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
JetHead
FTT

Did anyone watch the Volleyball on SBS? China and Poland play a great match with China winning...some of those Polish players are VERY easy on the eye.

Good to see the Opals comfortably smashing Brazil.

For me SBS' coverage is blowing 7's to bits
Old August 11th, 2008, 08:36 PM   #20 (permalink)
Goreripper
Metal as fuck

Yeah. I wanted to watch the hockey, but the idiots kept crossing back to swimming heats and that Hungarian has-been in the judo.

"Atheism is the arrogant belief that the world was not created simply for our benefit."
Old August 12th, 2008, 12:52 AM   #21 (permalink)
JetHead
FTT

According to the Yahoo7 message boards the crucial Olyroos game against Ivory Coast is being shown on SBS. And let me be the 1st to say THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its gonna be a tough game with Archie Thompson and Ruban Zadcovich both out with injuries. I think Mark Bridge needs to start this game, not come on after 70mins. Both previous games he has made immediate impact with awesome passing.

Last edited by JetHead : August 12th, 2008 at 01:07 AM.
Old August 12th, 2008, 01:20 AM   #22 (permalink)
TheDenimRager
Hats make things better.

As a consumer, I'm supposed to watch the Olympics dutifully. Fuck that.

1. the Burmese Junta (ie Cyclone Nargis)
2. the Zimbabwean Mugabe regime
3. the military dictatorship in North Korea
4. the al-Bashir regime in the Sudan (ie Darfur)

If it weren't for China, none of these regimes would be in place, killing and oppressing hundreds of millions of people (just like China does).

But hey, don't let that get in the way of the Olympic Spirit. Remind me again, what is the Olympic Spirit?

-~~~-
I care not though I live but a day,
If my name and my fame are a power forever.

-~~~-

Last edited by TheDenimRager : August 12th, 2008 at 01:36 AM.
Old August 12th, 2008, 02:45 AM   #23 (permalink)
Zen
Vows In Ashes...

The swimming and sports martial arts are about the only things worth watching. And even then, it's only because I was a competitive swimmer as a kid so I'm kinda drawn to it.

Oh, and the womens diving on now isn't too bad. They're the least 'athletic' of the athletes so they actually have decent racks. Woo.
Old August 12th, 2008, 03:22 AM   #24 (permalink)
Rick
Senior User

I don't think Judo is worth watching.
Old August 12th, 2008, 04:49 AM   #25 (permalink)
Watto
the need...for speed!

How come the chick swimmers dont have any boobs

www.myspace.com/metalwatto