LORD  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > Official Metal Band Forums > LORD
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LORD Ex-Dungeon

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 30th, 2011, 06:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cooee

Internet Radio Stations

I was sick and tired of my ripped CD play list and thought I would look for some internet radio stations to listen to instead. I'm wondering if anyone has any that they would recommend? Ideally I'm looking for ones that have a decent selection of Aussie metal, allow users to queue up (request) songs and stream in high quality.

I found one at epicrockradio.com that seems to be okay, but there isn't much Australian content there. From Lord / Dungeon they only have SIS and Final Chapter (I just queued Forever there which should play in about 10 - 15 mins to about 60 listeners).
Old May 3rd, 2011, 03:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cooee

I'm a little surprised that I didn't get any replies to this one. I'm actually going to recommend http://www.epicrockradio.com which is the site I mentioned earlier.

I've only been listening to them since Saturday but they play a lot of tracks that I've never heard before and that I like. All the songs that get played have been requested by the people listening. Everyone is allowed to request songs and they get added to the end of the queue.

I now have a long list of bands that I want to check up on after listening to the station.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Goreripper
Metal as fuck

My friend Yok just started doing a show on an internet station too; I was listening today. He's doing a classic Aussie 90s rock show on Friday.

http://radiofreeathens.listen2myradio.com/

"Atheism is the arrogant belief that the world was not created simply for our benefit."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old September 5th, 2011, 07:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Winmar
Pillock of society

On general internet radio, an excellent site (and app) is http://tunein.com.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old September 14th, 2011, 09:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
StephenSLR

Anybody know what the story is with digital radio?

It doesn't seem to be taking off like digi TV. I guess the increase in audio clarity doesn't get as much demand as visual clarity does.

I was hoping it would be the same with new stations and such.

The satellite radio they have in the US is pretty cool, they have dedicated Metal stations but just like comm. radio you can tell there's record co. involvement when the same songs (albeit old ones) keep replaying.

s
Old September 15th, 2011, 12:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Bloopy

I subscribe to Last.fm. I primarily joined the site for the user charts which are free, but I liked the personal radio feature enough to pay for it. The library radio basically plays a big shuffle of all available songs out of the stuff you've played before, including on mp3/CD/wherever, plus any other items you've added to your library. The tag radios can be good too if you can find a tag used on lots of items you want to hear. You could start a new tag, eg. 'ausmetal', and if you're careful how you use it then there'd be a radio station that only plays Aussie metal 24/7. Combo.fm lets you run more advanced Last.fm radio stations with complicated selections (it's kind of 3rd party but sanctioned by Last.fm I think). I don't think much of Last.fm's recommendation algorithms though, so I mostly avoid them.
Old September 15th, 2011, 01:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Bucko

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenSLR View Post
Anybody know what the story is with digital radio?

It doesn't seem to be taking off like digi TV. I guess the increase in audio clarity doesn't get as much demand as visual clarity does.

I was hoping it would be the same with new stations and such.

The satellite radio they have in the US is pretty cool, they have dedicated Metal stations but just like comm. radio you can tell there's record co. involvement when the same songs (albeit old ones) keep replaying.

s
a bit like that The Sports song "Who listens to the Radio "
Old September 19th, 2011, 09:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Winmar
Pillock of society

The trouble with digital radio is that the units are expensive to buy, and most people are happy enough with the same old radio they've had for yonks. I'd like to get it, but not until the players become a lot cheaper.

I'll have to explore last.fm features a bit further. It's a cool website.

Old October 5th, 2011, 04:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
TheDenimRager
Hats make things better.

I dig hardradio.com

-~~~-
I care not though I live but a day,
If my name and my fame are a power forever.

-~~~-
Old July 28th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
StephenSLR

There's a few Metal radio programmes on this site.

http://www.metalradio.co.nz/

s