Maiden Downunder  

Go Back   Ultimate Metal Forum > UM Forums > Fan Discussion > Maiden Downunder
Register FAQ Donate Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 26th, 2005, 05:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Spiff
I have the power

Australian Idol 2005

Yay, it's started.

Thoughts so far? Surprising - and cool - to see a metal bloke get through, complete with pseudo-cookie monster vox. Doubt he'll do any good though.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 26th, 2005, 06:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Amazer

Kyle is annoying I hate him what the fuck. He pisses me off with his 'I'm straight an honest' no you're not, you're a fucking hypocritical fuck. You go from "You have to change EVERYTHING about the way you look" to "I think it's good to have someone who isn't about oh, look how my shirt is ironed"

Faggot.

That metal guy getting through pissed me off actually. He couldn't' sing, and countless others can do those growl voxx. It's just that he was willing to forgo (is that the right word?) his 'metal' integrity by doing whatever someone else tells him to do.

No one I like so far. Except that guy in the credits who did Zep, Prince and Bon Jovi. I actually liked him.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old July 26th, 2005, 06:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Southy
Proud Brisbane Metaller

I was ashamed to hear Kyle call himself a Wynnum boy, I am a Wynnum boy, that dumb cunt couldn't fight his way outta some fucking mud.

Why do yuppies ruin the working class suburbs?, bastards

I wish I could be more like my hero's, then I wouldn't have to work as hard
Old July 26th, 2005, 06:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
KoichCPA
Banned

Kyle is awesome.

I like the way he crushes peoples dreams.
Old July 26th, 2005, 05:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
The Amazer

Channel 10 have obviously said: "You're the mean judge."

So all he's doing is being mean. And then disagreeing with Mark Holden every 20 people or so, just to look like he's "not just being mean."

It's not even funny or interesting to watch him. When shit is funny, he won't even laugh at it, saying it's not entertaining and whatever. He pisses me off.
Old July 27th, 2005, 03:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Southy
Proud Brisbane Metaller

A mate if mine at work swears blind he beat Kyle up when they were at school

Old July 27th, 2005, 05:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Spiff
I have the power

Someone sang "Flight of Icarus" tonight. He didn't get through.
Old July 27th, 2005, 06:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Spruce Goose
Then Goose me up woman!

Yeah... There were actully 2 Bruce songs sung at the auditions tonight.

1 Was flight of Icarus by that woggy lookin dude and the other was that rather large gothic chick with the Ozzy t shirt. She was the one holding that little dummy thing that just held that end note for ages and Mark Holden sat there in pain. The song of course was Man Of Sorrows

But she sucked. Did anyone else spot this? All they showed was the very end where it goes 'Has it just beguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun'.

Pretty sure it was MOS
Old July 27th, 2005, 06:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
The Amazer

I saw Flight of Icarus, that was cool.
Old July 27th, 2005, 06:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
ironcross
Crossy

I recognised Icarus, but not Man of Sorrow. The dude that sang Living on a Prayer had some high notes on him.

Still I detest this show. Mark Holden is a typical wanker musician that thinks he is better then anybody else. I feel like reaching through the TV and killing him, and i'm not a violent person.

Any good self respecting musician wouldn't go on this show. Not unless you want 15 minutes of fame and no hope of ever going anywhere afterwards.
Old July 27th, 2005, 02:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Spiff
I have the power

I didn't recognise MOS either. I didn't recognise most of the songs, actually.

I still love the show. Plenty of good self respecting musicians go on the show. There has been some serious talent unearthed over the last few years.
Old July 27th, 2005, 04:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Goreripper
Metal as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southy
A mate if mine at work swears blind he beat Kyle up when they were at school
Cool. Kyle Sandilands is a fuckwit. He's such an expert on talent, he thought his girlfriend's (one of the no-talents from Scandal'Us) single should have been a No. 1 hit and heavied the programming crew at 2DAY into playing it. After getting into a stand-up argument with Jay from Frenzal Rhomb in Darwin and almost getting violent (Jay is pencil-thin who would blow away in a strong breeze and Kyle then was about 100 times his size), he said that he would get FR's songs banned from Austereo forever. Which is some threat to make when they'd never played any of their stuff in the first place. He's being perverse on purpose and has virtually no integrity whatsoever.

"Atheism is the arrogant belief that the world was not created simply for our benefit."
Old July 27th, 2005, 07:48 PM   #13 (permalink)
Celestial-Todd
The Incredible Bulk

Didn't the Frenzal guys get a job on Triple J due to that argument?
Old July 27th, 2005, 10:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Goreripper
Metal as fuck

Yep, and they're on mornings, same as Kyle.

"Atheism is the arrogant belief that the world was not created simply for our benefit."
Old July 28th, 2005, 01:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
Spiff
I have the power

I did like him last night, though, when there was this really awful guy singing, and then he stumbled and Kyle said, "Oh no, you were through to the next round before that!" and the guy believed him and blamed Mark on ruining his chances because he was laughing at him.

Heh.
Old July 28th, 2005, 02:07 AM   #16 (permalink)
chrisvp

I flicked over last night for 5 minutes and it gave me the shits so I turned it over to something else , will I make the effort to watch it again to see the imbeciles both as judges and contestants and perhaps be amused ?
Not sure , reason being , anyone who had worked with Jackie O for so long and not put a cork in her mouth should have a french excocet missile fired up their anal passage , one day a dj ( still a wanker ) , the next day a judge ( even more a wanker ) .
I fucking hate yuppie scum!!!!!!!!
Old July 28th, 2005, 02:28 AM   #17 (permalink)
salty

You know, I'll be watching...and he'll be cracking me up...and then the next second I go..."what a fuckhead!"

It's bizarre.

It's like last night...some dude come in...didn't do too good...Mark and Marcia were like, you gave it your best, but sorry. And the guy was leaving at least glad he had given it a shot...

and then that idiot just yells out..."Your a beanbag with legs and no talent!" or some such. It's like...WTFMATE?
Old July 28th, 2005, 03:20 AM   #18 (permalink)
Blitzkrieg
Master Exploder

I haven't watched yet, but he sounds like a bit of a tool who is trying to be what the network wants him to be.

I am not sure if I will get into it this year. I really dug last year, but I am kind of over it now. It is good(ish) television for a while though, sometimes. We'll see.

http://www.facebook.com/thevesselproject
http://thevesselproject.bandcamp.com
Old July 28th, 2005, 03:29 AM   #19 (permalink)
Southy
Proud Brisbane Metaller

Someone should just 'eadbutt Kyle, would be funny, he is and always be about as tough as a piece of wet rice paper

Old July 28th, 2005, 04:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
Goreripper
Metal as fuck

Old July 28th, 2005, 04:01 PM   #21 (permalink)
Goreripper
Metal as fuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiff
I did like him last night, though, when there was this really awful guy singing, and then he stumbled and Kyle said, "Oh no, you were through to the next round before that!" and the guy believed him and blamed Mark on ruining his chances because he was laughing at him.

Heh.
Was that the guy who said "You are laughing, and putting shame on them while they are singing"? What a loser.

Old July 29th, 2005, 02:19 AM   #22 (permalink)
Spiff
I have the power

That's the one.
Old August 10th, 2005, 06:48 AM   #23 (permalink)
Spiff
I have the power

I just noticed tonight that Jacob Butler from The X Factor was one of the ones who got the boot during the group performances. Good to see they didn't even mention that he was on the other show (he was that Jakey B bloke that Kate was infatuated with). Another X Factor contestant, that red-headed chick from Kate's group who didn't make the final 9, got to the top 30 on Oz Idol. Again, they didn't mention the X Factor.

This year's show is gonna be tops.
Old August 10th, 2005, 07:19 AM   #24 (permalink)
ifyouwantblood

I wish I could punch that Jake wankstain in the face. What an over-zealous tosser. Why can't these people who CAN'T sing, cop the criticism they are fed (and deserve) and get over themselves?

I'm glad now I've heard he didn't make the cut, not that I'm interested in the show, but more I'm happy to see this bastard and so many more cop rejection for mediocrity on the chin.
Old August 10th, 2005, 05:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
The Amazer

Okay, the fat guy with curly hair got booted, and he was awesome.

Does anyone know if that guy with a really strong vibrato made it through? He was the first dude in their "....and some really good!" montage. The fat guy was second, and then the dude with dreads was third.

That Wiggles guy has a good voice - but god damn he's just an impersonator. You hear him in his audition and he's got this deep Greg Page like voice, and now he sounds like a black man. That sort of thing annoys me.